main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Palpatine vs Jedi battle in Episode III re-created as "extra" footage towards end of the TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    [face_tired]:rolleyes: Omg not this again, i will never understand why people wanted a big fight in that scene, the only one that should have been able to last one sec. against palpatine was mace. If they put up any kind of a fight then it would only make palpatine look less powerful and the whole point was to show that he could beat 10 jedi council members just by wiggling his pinky finger.

The only reason why people wanted them to have a big fight was because everyone wants to see there favorite jedi in a cool fight on screen. As cool as some of the council members are, people need to realize that they are nothing more but extras to look "cool" in the background of the main characters that actually matter.

By the time ROTJ comes around Luke is supposed to be the last jedi. It was a whole plot point, a big part of the movie. But now everyone wants to say "well my favorable jedi should have survived" and then it gets written into the EU -UhhG!!11:mad: The very most that happened is some survived order 66 but then got killed anyways during the dark times --BUT THATS IT.

/end rant.

2. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    But the scene doesn't make the other council members look powerful at all. The first two go down without even moving. I could buy the first one getting stabbed, but you would think they might move a little after that, but the next guy just sits and waits for Palpatine to get him. It doesn't make Palpatine look powerful, it looks like they were just giving him a free shot. I'm not saying that there needs to be a big fight, but it needs to look like they were at least trying. It's either bad choreography, or more likely, bad editing.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Agree with above post 100%.

I'm not going to get into this in a big way, since some people feel overly strong for that scene, but put simply, there's a difference between making look someone (Palpatine) very powerful because of the way they used their power, compared to them looking powerful becuase the opposition didn't react and went down without a fight/reaction.

4. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I understand that they died so easily to show powerful Palpatine was, and I understand that the movie already had lots of dueling. I'm just saying that it could have been cooler than "stab-stab-stab, duel with Mace". They could have had these jedi masters put up more of a fight, and have Palpatine still completely own them. I mean, in the movie Windu might as well have gone alone because the others were completely useless.

5. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    For a decent duel they should choose a larger place then Palps office.

6. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    I just thought of a way to make the scene as quick and brutal without making the Jedi look like fools.

The fight begins with Palps force pushing his desk into a wall, taking a Jedi with it. Mace jumps over while the other two dodge to the side. Mace attempts to do a mid-air slice but is thrown aside, the survivors rush in to help, but are blasted with two hands of force-lightning, Mace gets up and the rest of the duel precedes as normal.

7. JEDI_MADDEN

JEDI_MADDEN Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2008
    THE Episode 3 novel describes the fight in a much more satisfying way. Maybe we should animate that ourselves and send it to Filoni to see what he thinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.