main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    The Panther's Cub - A Jedi Master undercover on a dangerous mission wins a slave in a sabaac game. The boy is entirely too old, too wild, too untrained, and too Force sensitive to ignore - the Perfect Padawan.

* Summer 2003 Fanfic Awards Winner: Best Pre-Saga Story in Progress, Best AU, Best New Author *

Another Universe, another story, but still all of the Star Wars is owned by George Lucas; I'm just playing in his sandbox for the fun of it and without his permission. This story can not be used for any monetary gain anyway and may not be reposted without my permission. Warnings for oblique mention of physical abuse. Conforms to PG-13 standards. Really. It does. It's not my fault if you are susceptible to the mindtrick hand wavy thing.

For those of you who want to find the chapters a little more easily, here you go: Index of Posts

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1:

The motley collection of pirates, smugglers, and other scum slouched around the Sabaac table, watching the last two participants play the final hand. The table was piled with assorted credits, gems, vouchers, and other items that passed for wealth here in the far reaches of the Rim, far from any hint of civilization.

Durban scowled at his calm opponent as she carefully cleaned already razor-sharp, metal-coated nails with a vibroblade. He looked at the item she had tossed on the table, a scarred and tarnished lightsaber. She had grinned, pointing out that the Hutts had a standard bounty of 10,000 credits on one of those, Jedi attached or not.

He knew he didn't have the credits to match that, he only had his ship, and one other thing.

"Boy! Get your rear over here," he snarled.

The slave slouching against the wall rose lethargically and meandered over, his obvious defiance darkening the scowl on his brutish owner's face.

"I have this. He's a fighting slave trained for the arena."

The assassin known as Pantera, after the lethal black Corellian catling she so resembled, looked over the boy with a bored look, assessing the lean hard body exposed as Durban pulled the slave into the light. His lightly golden skin was covered in a coat of pale dust and dried blood from the match this afternoon. She had seen him fight but had not known who owned him. About her height, but lean, with sleek, well-conditioned muscle. A little thin, as if Durban did not always feed him well, and scarred from fights and whippings. He had moved with feral grace in the fight, impressing even her high standards.

He glanced down at the heavy Twi'lek's hand gripping his shoulder and one lip curled up, exposing a brief flash of eyetooth. Durban snatched his hand away just in time as the slave snapped, almost biting his hand. The woman rolled her eyes as a heavy fist flattened the boy then yanked him back to his feet, sullenly nursing a split lip now. The boy was naked except for the chains he wore, a collar of a dull gray alloy, and the very briefest thong that did nothing to hide his sturdy build from interested eyes. She caught a glimpse of sharp assessing eyes before the long lashes curled down to hide those eyes again.

She sneered, "Not very well trained, is he? If I won, why would I want him? I saw the match this after noon -- he lost."

She did not mention the fact that she knew Durban had bet heavily on the slave, and that the boy had won his last two matches. As she spoke, she saw a brief smirk pass over the youth's curved lips, flashing by almost too quickly for anyone not of her observation abilities to notice. She wondered if the slave had deliberately lost to make his obviously hated owner lose money. A dangerous game, but he really didn?t have too much to lose besides his life now. Although her face remained impassive, inside her mind, she smiled at the boy's daring. Cats liked games, almost as much as they liked the hunt.

Durban scowled and pushed the boy to his knees beside the table. "Even

rakasha and Hannah_Solo-Fel like this.
  2. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Well Froggy..

This was a very good start...I relly love what ya did...and I will look forward to reading the next part...:)

PT- Who still thanks you for the help last night...:)

3. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Before I start drooling, how old is young ben?

*hopes he's in her age group*

What can I say? I like it so far, and can't wait for the next edition!

4. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PT - Thanks! Always glad to get another chapter from you.

JKH - Right now he's 18, but don't worry, he'll grow up quickly. Drool away.

5. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    18? that's the perfect age! I can date him! Don't make him grow up to fast!

6. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
  7. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Yee haw! Another froggy story!

Since I found this little gem of a beginning, I've decided to put away the knives I threatened on your other thread, and forego my evening meal of frogs legs.

For now. :D

Great start. I've seen other slave-Obi stories, but this has a more promising start than most of them. I'll be very excited to see where this goes!

Shaindl

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Nice start, froggy! I usually like Obi-slave stories, and this one looks great. Cute translation of 'Ben', too.

More soon?

9. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Shaindl - fried froggy is terribly fattening. Glad you are holding off on the Ginsu demonstration! Now, what are you up to with Garen and Obi-Wan on your story?

Cascadia - Thanks! Needed a tie in to the title. More this week.

10. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    froggy gives a woren, grr, slightly battered obi.. *drool.......*
    happy red!!

11. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Froggy? Obi, cub?? Wow, that sounds, like, really familiar. :confused: :p

I love it so far!! :D I always love a defiant Obi. :D :D

More, more, more!!! :D :D

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Arldetta - Sigh, sorry. It is what your character Tuuvu calls Obi, true. But this Obi isn't very much like yours in your story, although the title is much too similar to your storyline. The story itself is not at all the same. He's not so much a pirate as he was a fighting slave owned by a pirate. He's also been mindwiped and has no memory further than about 6 years back. I just had horrible trouble with the title and that was the best I could come up with.

If any one can think of a better title, I'd love it.

But I'm glad you are enjoying it anyway, and when can we look forward to more of your Pirate Obi?

EDIT: RJK - drooling is good!

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Froggy, it's fine. I just playing with you. But unfortunately I had a horrible setback. My disc with my file is showing as blank. So I am crying hysterically right now. And will probably have a broken hand by the end of day. But hey, we live and learn. I'm going to wallow in self pity for a bit. Good luck.

14. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Hot damn! You finally started posting it! :D * grabs comfy recliner,ice cold Pepsi and popcorn.Sits back and waits for the yummy action to unfold *

15. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    :D :D :D :D

You posted it on schedule, I see. ;)

I can't wait to see how my latest post influences this, froggy. :p

16. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Oh no, another great story to follow. When will I sleep! ?[face_plain]

Great beginning froggy. I look forward to seeing where you take us with this one. :)

17. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Arldetta - microsoft is a sith empire. ** froggy whimpers because Garen and Obi were on your disk ** word of advice - never hit the keyboard when drop kicking the whole computer is so much more satisfying.

Obi-ew - yummy!

JS - lol, oh that is coming sometime. you got it stuck in my brain now and that rabid little plot bunny is gnawing on my ankles.

Sheila - sleep? you want to sleep? what's that?

thanks all!

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great job. Here's the promised tasty fly snacks.

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PK - yay! munchies!

20. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Froggy I was sooo mad at work, I punched my monitor. :( What's worse is that I have a wall paper of Ewan on it. :( :( I didn't mean to hurt you Ewan, Honest!! It was the power of the Drakside!! I was helpless to resist!! :_| :_|

I'll kiss him tomorrow morning when I get it. ;) :D

So when we get more lovely here??? Need good fics!! *Yum* :D

21. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Arldetta - I hope you can find it somewhere or remember enough. I once lost over 100 pages of corrections on a paper for work, although that was someone deleting the wrong file (Oh, I thought that was the old one) grrrr. I wanted to go out and find a rabid skunk and turn it loose in their car.

22. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    ::doing a happy dance, doing a happy dance::

I got my files back. AND I was able to bring in a new disc and have it work on my damn dell at work. :D :D

YEAH!!!!

So when to dwe get more of this lovely??? Hmm. I post you post?? *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* I'll get working if you do. :p

23. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    so does that mean we get a post soon... maybe.. please!!!!

24. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Just saw your reply on my thread. Have a good trip, Paddy!

Shaindl

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Arldetta- yay! glad you found it. Great chapter!

RJK - soon. I'm off to another lily pad for a day. Will work on the post at the airport. Lots of quality wasted time there. ** grins **

Shaindl - yep. and you wouldnt believe the wicked idea that Suzuran gave me earlier for this one.....