main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    My last final was May 19th--then they kicked us freshmen and sophomores off campus for the seniors' parents to take over our rooms. Now I'm a junior!

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Wow. My semester ends at the end of April and doesn't start until the 2nd week of January.

3. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Okay. I don't have exams and all that and normally i'm not one to complain - but we're close to hitting a month here with no postie [face_frustrated]

I so don't like to beg. But I will. Soon.

--shan

4. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    ****beats shan to the begging****

/\ ..::::::.. /\
    ...[face_plain]0 . 0|:...

Big Blue Wookiee eyes shamelessly begging for a post!!!!!

5. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    No post.
    *sits in corner and cries*
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

6. TimeLordEmiri

TimeLordEmiri Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    I have no job and no postie.
    If it goes on any longer, I shall have
    to go into mourning.

TLE

7. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi,

I apologize to everyone for the long delay. Between DRL and DWB I have been having a very difficult writing. I do have the next chapter outlined and am slowly working on it.

Thank you so much for your patience. You can hold off on the tar and feathers just a little longer -- please?

Froggy

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Thanks heavens you're here froggy! I was getting worried that I accidently frognapped you when I kept a little blue and white polkadotted froggy from the pinata last weekend. I would have never forgiven myself if I had drowned you in the punchbowl!

9. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Has anyone seen my flying frog? He's BIG and purple and I miss him. I even have a frog-sized plane for him. See?
    *hold up miniplane for the pond to see*
    Can you help me find him?

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Check with my nephew Ca-Tron. He was acting quite suspiciously around a helicopter and the pond last weekend.

11. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    well, I am happy to wait - sorry to hear that you are having a rough time froggy. Hope everything settles a bit so you can take a breather at the pond for awhile.

12. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Kill DRL Froggy and bash DWB!!!

*patiently waiting*

*opens the bar on the thread inorder to celebrate two years of the insanity*

Drinks on me!

13. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Oh where have all the Froggy's gone,
    Oh where or where can they be?
    ~Rosy

14. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I FOUND MY FROG!!!!
    *ducks as the miniplane dive bombs the pond*

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    But where is our frog?

16. Arina_Jaylin

Arina_Jaylin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2003

[ Jaidling in friend's account]

Our Froggy hath abandoned us!! :_| :_|

17. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    This is not fair!!
    I finally refound the story and i am a year behind!

How am I ever going to get my sisters off the computer long enough to catch up?

18. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Did someone accidentally drain the pond?

--shan

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi,

I apologize for the unexpected delay. It has been a rather rough few weeks. Despite my horrible neglect and abandonment of you for the longest, you still nominated this story, and me, for half a dozen awards in the Summer Fanfiction Awards. That means a lot to me.

Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me a note.

20. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 69:

Ben watched the dancers with fascination. From the time he had seen them during a visit to the Hapan Cluster three years before, he had marveled at the sheer energy they radiated. The troupe consisted of males of many different species, the only thing they had in common was their speed and grace of movement. Individuals to small groups would run out on to the stage and launch themselves into a flurry of movement, ending just as the next set came on only moments later. Rings, hoops, wheels, wires, brightly colored accessories of many sizes and shapes came into play.

The performers? appearance was an integral part of the spellbinding display. Colorful costumes covered them from neck to toe, a form fitting body suit augmented with silk, gauze, beads, and many other decorations, every one chosen specifically to enhance the performance. With typical Hapan enthusiasm, the audience cheered, whistled, and clapped loudly.

?I see you still enjoy the Cirque du Gems,? Careal Ka?a said with a smile. Her daughter, Thania Xa?a, was watching them with every bit as much pleasure, too young to have perfected the blasé disinterest shown by the more jaded Hapan nobility. The Heir Commander found the enthusiasm of the two younger members of her box a refreshing change from the studied artificiality only too common among the deadly intrigues of the Hapan Court. She took a minute to watch them as they stared at the performance.

Her daughter was maturing well. At nineteen, she was still tall and slender, a legacy of her sire she had received as well as her coloring and appearance. She had also inherited his sly mind, the Commander noted approvingly. However, his aggressive personality was tempered by her sense of duty and military discipline. Altogether a most satisfactory heir.

In contrast, the young Jedi she had admired as a boy when she had met him three years before, at twenty four was now definitely a man. His body had filled out the promise of muscle hinted at in his youth. The intense physical training and aggressive desire for improvement had matured his mind at the same time. No longer was he as dependent upon his Master, but now was confident enough to be sent on independent missions, as was the case now. Ben was also not overly handicapped by the somewhat fatalistic Jedi tendency to rely on their Force for solutions, preferring to solve a problem himself. If his response worked, obviously the Force had intended for him to proceed in that manner. He also tended to seek permanent solutions rather than limiting himself with a misplaced, in her view, sense of legality. She quite approved of him.

However, despite their lethality on the battlefield and when protecting a charge during a mission, both still enjoyed life, and loved the colorful display of talent and skill that the Cirque provided. It was a shame that more people could not see the performances, but the Cirque?s galaxy wide travels had stopped a dozen or so years before when a couple of their best young performers were kidnapped and never found again. It had been a series of three disappearances. After the first, the Cirque expected a ransom note, but none had come. By the third, it was obvious that there was a systematic predator actively seeking the athletes. So the Cirque had moved back to their originating cluster and had remained here on the capital planet, performing only in the Royal Coliseum. Of course, there were few nights that the performances were not sold out, so it had not affected their appeal at all.

?Ben, the managers have extended an invitation for you to visit their training tomorrow. Apparently some of the performers would like to meet a Jedi. I hope that you will not have any schedule conflicts. They are actually rather isolated and this would be a special treat for the younger ones.? ?Not to put any pressure on his decision,? she thought to herself with a well hidden smile. She knew how much the young Jedi disliked being ?displayed like a pet on a platter? as he put it.

?Of course

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I got first reply? Wow!

It appears as though you jumped a few years here. Now instead of the sexy, barabarian, we are seeing a polished, confident and gorgous padawan =P~

22. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Really, Kitara. You dare to call Obi a 'barbarian'? Obi-Wan is many, many, many things, but he will never, never, never be a barbarian. Sexy, yes. Barbarian, no.

Good post, Froggy. Hoppingly waiting for the next one. :D

23. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PK, yes, I did skip forward a little. I had covered all that I wanted to while he was a new student. There will be a few flashbacks occasionally, but we are headed towards Knight Chiyari-Gallia and the trouble he can get into.... er, his adventures in giving a master gray hair. Good thing Adi's hair is already white, isn't it?

Raven, I'm afraid PK may be right on that one. In the first dozen chapters or so, Ben was a bit of a barbarian. But the scruffy look is good on some people...

Thanks!

24. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *does Happy Wookiee Dance*

You're BACK!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME FROGGY!! glad you are feeling better.

oh, good chapter. My guess is - someone has been watching Sun Circus :D

So my question is - which one was he? and how did he go from the Temple to there?

25. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Twenty-four now! Still gorgeous!

Still superb writing. I love it all! I am just so entranced by this story.