main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Vanerina

Vanerina Jedi Master

May 20, 2005
    I can't decide which part of this I love the most!

Absolutly Brilliant!

You probably get tired of hearing this, but Post soon.

2. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I just completely caught up. It's been years... wow. Anyway, it's all wonderful and I hope you'll be able to finish it sometime. Good luck with writing and with life!

_PSK_

3. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Best wishes, Froggy, wherever you are. We miss you and the liveliness of this pond!

Chrys

4. bookkeeper

bookkeeper Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    I have been a lurker for several months now, and I thought that I would add my voice to the chorus asking you to finish this story. Please.

5. joroqez312

Nov 21, 2002
    Has anyone heard from Froggy lately?

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I haven't read all of this story, obviously, but I love what I've read so far! =D=

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    No.... :( Understandably she's probably really busy with her two kids 'cause they're soccer nuts and it's summer and stuff and yeah... but I miss her!!! :_|

Oh, and Moddess? :D This fic is so far beyond ANYTHING you could EVER imagine, you have NO idea. =P~ [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

8. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi all,

I have decided to go ahead and post what I have. There is a bit of a time skip ahead a few years from where we left off, but I really want to get what is already written out.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me even as DRL graduates into a full blown Sith.

Froggy

9. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 71.

Adi leaned back on her chair, stretching languidly in the warm sunlight. A long sip from her frosted glass of Perutoran fruit ice sent shivers down her throat as the sweet frozen drink coolly slid down. The sand beneath her bare feet was warm, so finely ground by centuries of tides that it felt silky soft as she lifted one foot, allowing the clear white grains to slide off.

The briefest whisper of sound beside her announced the arrival of one of the few others who shared this paradise with her. A sapphire blue sarong, brushed with hazy golden palmet leaves, and a midnight black moon wound around lean hips, tied in a loose knot on one side. Like her gold and purple wrap, his material was so finely woven that the sun could shine right through it, and so sheer that his pale skin glowed in contrast. There were no modesty taboos here on the Alderaani islands. The year round sun and tropical climate made such absurd.

Xanatos dropped down beside her, careful to sit beneath the shade of a nearby umbrella that she scorned with the distain of those who knew that their skin was genetically designed for sunlovers. His eyes followed hers to the young man loosely draped over a hammock beneath two leaning palmet trees. ?We almost lost him,? he said tensely, memories of the sheer helpless terror he had felt realizing that it was Ben that stood beneath the blazing wreck of the transport, the only thing between him and a fiery death the Force gathered in his outstretched hands.

It had been an ambush, an attack on the very Temple. An small passenger ship plunged into the temple gardens as a few of the senior Padawans exercised with a group of initiates during a scheduled class. The pilot screamed frantically over the comm, but Port Control was too slow to engage the tractor beams.

Ben had tagged along with his friends, visiting Bant and a recovering Dan-Lyn as they watched the initiates. The blond Jedi was getting used to the artificial arm he now wore, his real one lost defending Aayla. The now thoroughly deceased Aurra Sing had set a trap for Master Windu and his Padawan that they had barely escaped with their lives. Only the timely reunion of the Padawan with his hellcat, Fluffy, had saved them, and shredded her all over the spaceport.

As the Jedi heard and saw the uncontrolled ship screaming in toward their location, they reacted instantly. Bant and the others grabbed the children, yelling a warning and sending them dashing for the safety of the buildings. Ben reached into the Force and somehow managed to hold the ship shakily in the air, but it was burning and soon would explode. Bruck, Garen, and Dan-Lyn did not pause, but leapt forward to the burning ship, trusting Ben completely as did Aayla, Kero, and Kashlacca. The Wookiee used his strength to literally tear apart the crumbled walls that held the doors closed, freeing the terrified passengers. The initiates fled to cover with only a few minor burns from falling debris.

?But we did not, and he is healing well,? she said comfortingly. She too had felt that terror of almost losing her Padawan as he had frantically reached for her over their bond. But her fear had been drawn away at the time, ignored in the absolute focus of pouring energy along their bond, feeding it to the younger Jedi, unable to move or even think of leaving her seat in the center of the rapidly emptied Council chamber. Ki-Adi-Mundi had stayed at her side, the Cerean Jedi so strong in the mental aspects of the Force that he was able to join her Master, Yaddle, in aiding her efforts to bolster Ben, despite their lack of anything more than the Council bond.

The rest of the Council had followed Yoda, although not leaping as precipitously out the window of the Council chambers several hundred stories above the garden level, instead using the rapid lifts to reach the gardens. There they had taken over control of the wreck from Ben, containing most of the explosion. The rapidly arriving Jedi in the area had continued to evacuate the ch

10. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    This is twice this week I've had to say holy **** there's a post.

I liked this update Froggy. Thanks for the post! But still

*headdesk* Is anyone ever going to figure it out? And what happened to Bruck?

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yay! A posty!:D

Hope you're doing okay, Froggy. Sounds like you need to call 1-800-DRL-BUSTERS. [:D]

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh froggy= This is the perfect evening now that you posted!

I love your descriptions.

Adi finally admitted she tampered ever so slightly with the randomizer...I always wondered :)

13. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Ahh a new post which I eagerly devoured.:) I liked how the force personified as 'snickering' and
    'cheerfully listened'.heheheh Sence of humour, hehehe. I like that.;-D <VBG> <rubs hands together> Pranks that don't hurt people are awesome..

14. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oy, a post! :D I love all those descriptions, the imagery. Wonderful job! Love seeing them together just enjoying themselves too. Any chance we'll get to see other little bits between the last two or three posts? And hope you'll get some time to yourself soon. :)

15. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Newbie to the story and I have to get caught up but: =D= =D= =D=

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Glad your back wonderful post.

17. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    This latest post served to remind me why I fell in love with this fic in the first place.

I haven't been here in far too long.

Lovely post, PaddyJuan

I hope life has been kinder to you. Hope to see more soon.

--shan

18. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you so much to everyone who posted a note, especially the group from aim who have continued to encourage me to finish this story. And to Healer Leona who so very nicely updated my title for me.

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 72:

The young Knight followed the call he heard through the Force. Other Jedi stepped aside, or watched as he unerringly avoided them despite his closed eyes. Someone needed him. It wasn?t urgent enough for an emergency, but still it was pulling strongly at him. He entered the Room of a Thousand Fountains and wound up in the far back at a tiny fountain that was almost hidden by a huge leafy bush drooping frothy leaves with flowers just faintly paler than the dark green leaves, a light citroney scent wafting through the air. Clear water, somewhere between blue and green, burbled quietly over rocks so clear you could see through them, held together with a pure green moss. Tiny gem colored aquatics swam in lacey veils. The grass was a plush green carpet; profuse five-petaled lavender flowers no bigger than the nail on his smallest finger lurking just above the moss.

Beneath the bush, a small boy in a too large initiate?s tunic was curled into a tight ball, waves of misery radiating from his shivering form. The young knight knelt down beside him. He put one hand on the boy?s shoulder.

?Little one?? he asked softly. ?What is the matter??

At his touch, the boy uncurled and wrapped himself into the older Jedi, burrowing into the man?s robes, damp face against Ben?s neck. Hesitantly, the young Knight held the child while he cried himself out.

Finally, with a few hiccupping sobs, the boy whispered softly, ?They?re doing bad things to my Mom, and no one will believe me.?

?Where is your mother??

?She?s a slave on Tattooine. Master Qui-Gon won me and brought me here to be a Jedi, but he couldn?t free her too.? A woebegone little face, blotchy, with tears streaking across somewhat dusty cheeks looked up at him with brilliant blue eyes under a mop of tousled blond hair. ?No one likes me because I was a slave, and not a Jedi. They said that I?m too old and will never be a Jedi. And if I don?t, then I left my Mom for nothing.?

?I was a slave also,? Ben said with an understanding look in his eyes. ?They said I was too old, and I didn?t even have a mother. But I?m a knight now.?

The boy?s eyes grew wide, and his hands tightened almost imperceptively on the knight?s robe. ?Really?? he said in a hushed voice.

?Really,? the knight replied solemnly. ?Now, we are forgetting something. I am Jedi Knight Ben Chiyari-Gallia, and you are?? Ben bowed slightly, his head the only thing moving as he held the child on his lap.

?I?m Anakin Skywalker, nice to meet you Knight Ben sir.? The boy wiped his nose on his sleeve, then his sleeve on his tunic. Ben chose to ignore what would have horrified the crèche masters. After all, he had been a boy once too, even if he did not remember it. He was certain he would have wiped his nose on his sleeve, had he actually been allowed clothing that had sleeves.

?Now young Anakin, what makes you think your Mom is in trouble?? His hand rested gently on the boy?s shoulder, offering comfort silently accepted.

The boy?s eager face sobered immediately. ?I had a dream. More than once. The same one.? He glanced up, obviously waiting for the derision or dismissal he had encountered before. But the knight?s face remained open and accepting. Prescient as he was, Ben knew that dreams were often the Force?s way of speaking to its disciples. Very few could accept visions while awake.

?Tell me about them,? he prompted when the boy paused.

?I can?t really see anything, but she hurts all over and is so tired, and so worried. There?s sand, but there?s always sand on Tattooine. They keep telling me that it?s just a nightmare, but it feels so real. Master Jinn tells me to focus in the moment, but how do I do that? Every time I close my eyes, I think of the dreams.? He shivered; the nightmares were just so real. He could see his Mother, see her tears, and Mom never cried. It frightened him beyond his ability to communicate.

?Ah, well, let?s go see my Master. Maybe she?ll have some ideas.? Ben stood, setting the boy firmly on you

20. joroqez312

Nov 21, 2002
    Post! Hooray!

I will put a lengthy reply up when I have a chance, but there's a POST!!! [face_dancing]

Chrys

21. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I can just imagine Ben being agood looking and athletic
    Knight he has learn't from the Best in Adi and Xanatos
    heaven help anyone who tries to hurt their Ben and now
    anakin has latched onto the Knight I loved the discription
    of Adi's vision of fading darkness and a set of feet walking a path together in the light, and Anakin running her Cub ragged!

Thank you PaddyJuan
    You have made my minute,day,week,month=D= [:D]

22. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I'm so glad you are continuing with this.

You're descriptions are absolutely lovely - as are all of your characterizations.

Adi's moment of prescience was beautifully done - it took away a lot of foreboding for me.

Looking forward to finding out just what's going to go down on Tatooine.

--shan

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh Froggy-

what a wonderful little chapter. I love how Ben still stays most nights in his old room. It's sooo sweet

24. Alikhar

Alikhar Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2004
    Two chapter....

It was a long time since my last visit.

Ben a Knight!!!!!!!!! wow.

I am waiting for the next... gambatte!!!

25. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Posts! This is great froggy! Is anyone ever gonna find out that he is/was Obi-Wan?