main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Darth_Abtranor

Darth_Abtranor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Hi!! I love your story (esp. the parts with Darth Maul-note my icon:D) Keep writing!!!

Hey, I'm on a new page...cool.

2. Vanerina

Vanerina Jedi Master

May 20, 2005
    ?Hi Granddad,? Ben said brightly, his eyes gleaming in anticipation. He was not disappointed, getting a choked laugh out of his Master as well.

?What the Force?!? the voice snapped, shock evident in the formerly smooth tones. ?Who?! When?! Young man, you better have a good explanation for this. I?m on my way there.?

Oh Dear.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Are you going to post the links to the last couple of chapters on your index of posts? Cause that is a really neat guide to have when re-reading your story (which I've done at least a couple times).

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi, I'm trying to update the shortcut list. It is not posting well but I'll keep on it. I think I will have to split it into two parts and post it at the end here.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I really appreciate it.

5. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Okay, someone asked me for a list of where the chapters are located, since we have accumulated a bit more than just a few and wading through the whole thread is a bit much at times. So bear with me while I get these links up for you. Hope this helps.

** links are set by page, with 25 replies per page. If you have a different setting, they may not work well.

* chapter titles are hidden. highlight to read them *

Chapter 1: - Pantera
    Chapter 2: - Another Scummy Bar...
    Chapter 3: - Bonding
    Chapter 4: - The Pirate's Den
    Chapter 5: - What's a Damnjinn?
    Chapter 6: - Distraction
    Chapter 7: - A Moment of Calm
    Chapter 8: - Tigris
    Chapter 9: - Fight
    Chapter 10: - A Bit of History
    Chapter 11: - Aidhche Ridir
    Chapter 12: - Patience
    Chapter 13: - Training
    Author Explanation:
    Chapter 14: - Sparring Session
    Chapter 15: - Defiance
    Chapter 16: - Costumes
    Chapter 17: - The Rescue
    Chapter 18: - Midnight Talk
    Chapter 19: - Dancing the Dusk's Rain
    Chapter 20: - Padawan
    Chapter 21: - Coruscant
    Chapter 22: - Chancellor's Reception
    Chapter 23: - Buffet
    Chapter 24: - Quarters
    Chapter 25: - The Playroom
    Chapter 26: - Lunch
    Chapter 27: - Training
    Chapter 28: - Healer's Appointment
    Chapter 29:[color=ffff

6. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Here is the second part of the list:

Chapter 51: - The Affirmation: part 1
    Chapter 52: - The Affirmation: part 2
    Chapter 53: - After the Ritual
    Chapter 54: - Flirting and Discussions
    Chapter 55: - Bye Bruck
    Chapter 56: - Memories
    Chapter 57: - GIGO - Garbage In - Garbage Out?
    Chapter 58: - The Hunter
    Chapter 59: - Majhirim
    Chapter 60: - Hands
    Chapter 61: - Staff Lessons
    Chapter 62: - Sarin's Fight
    Chapter 63: - A Conversation
    Chapter 64: - Visit to Corellia
    Chapter 65: - A Gift for Dan-Lyn
    Chapter 66: - A Gift for Dan-Lyn, cont
    Chapter 67: - No, Padawan!
    Chapter 68: - Thania
    Chapter 69: - Cirque de Iluminara
    Chapter 70: - Trapped and Traps
    Chapter 71: - A Day at the Beach

Chapter 72:
    - Meeting Anakin
    Chapter 73: - Tattoine
    Chapter 74: - Hi Grandad
    Chapter 75: - What If?

7. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 75:

In the end, it was something so simple, so coincidental that later historians showed a marked propensity to simply gloss over the ?how? and mention just the ?what?. It is only the rare scholar engrossed in the minutiae of historical development and the desperate student trying to stretch out a research paper that would read what really occurred. Rumors of this were later dismissed as Padawan tales. A young substitute instructor, not familiar with the debates that traditionally were reviewed in the class he was handed so suddenly, asked his students a simple question -- ?What if?.? An older, more experienced instructor would never have given teenaged students so much rope, because who knows who they would hang with it?.

Ben walked into the classroom in time to catch just the tail end of a long standing debate between two Padawans. He sighed. The Sith were the all encompassing subject in the Temple right now. He really wanted to hide whenever he walked by a conversation and felt the silent eyes upon him. He was trying to read the scrawled instructions written by a multi-limbed amphibious being in great pain from a squish-popped ventricle aft second tentacle (unfortunately the only one considered socially acceptable for gesturing with while speaking in instructor mode to a group of mixed species fry). Itstpoth?grgk S?pisph-kklyck (if Ben had understood the other Jedi?s name, or favorite curse, correctly) had caught the young instructor just as the Knight?s horde of semi-educated small fry schooled out of an adjacent classroom in a flood of white Junior Padawan robes and sloppy cloaks.

The entire uniform was neither necessary nor required in the atmosphere-controlled Temple, but the mostly new Padawans were still enamored with the thought of being chosen and so wanted to wear it whenever possible. Something that was dealt with tolerantly by their instructors, most of whom were still young enough to remember that happy feeling of being a new Padawan, and the elders who had been teaching so many year groups that they did not remember any other way.

The damaged instructor handed a data pad to the confused Knight and burbled something somewhat incoherent at him before slithering off on his still functioning tentacles to find the Healers.

?Modern Applied Historical Philosophy? What the Force is that?? he wondered bemusedly. ?Master? Help??

?You?re a grown Knight and Master now, Cubling. You?ll do just fine. They?re only teenage Padawans. You were one not too long ago yourself. Have fun.?

?Oh now that?s a great help. Teenage Padawans are what the troll uses to get us prepared to face the Sith.? Ben snarked as he put on his best instructor face and went in to face his doom, er, students, he amended at the familiar feeling of a Force swat on his rear. He was a grown Knight and Master and it still didn?t stop his Master from being a Master. He wondered if he?d still be telling Ani to chew with his mouth closed and swallow before talking when he was 100 years old and walked with a stick like Yoda. He heard a distinct mental snigger from his Master.

Twenty eyes turned and pierced him. Twenty eyes widened; four from appreciation as well as the awe the others felt. ?The Sith Killer,? he felt the Force whisper with their thoughts. Was he never going to meet a new Jedi without them wanting to know what it felt like to actually face their ancient enemy? Not to mention he was the son and former Padawan of Councilor Gallia. Less widely mentioned, but still known to a few of the older Padawans studying diplomacy and politics, he was the Heir to the Lord Heir of Telos, and a Prince of Corellia. ?And so utterly delish,? sighed one young human female Padawan to her best friend. Definitely stare worthy for so many reasons. Ben ignored the wide eyes. He was entirely too used to it. Aayla still pinched him on his rump when he let her get behind him, and she was a Knight that should know better.

?Your instructor had to m

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    That last line was absolutely awesome!

It's about time! Imagine - Ani's dinner ramblings turned them on to the truth. Such an innocent and simple comment that will have amazing impact on the galaxy.

It's been an absolute pleasure to get here and it's going to be even more fun to read your version of brining Palpy down - if that's what you do of course.

As always, I love your descriptions and the dialogue and chemistry between Obi and Adi- and now Ani.

This has got to be one of my all time fave AU's and when you are done - I look forward to going back and reading it all from beginning to end and savoring each and every chapter.

--shan

9. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Ahh Eeeekkk! Right on the creds Anikan.
    I have been ENJOYING this story sicne the first post. Excellant job. Good iamgry and personificaition of these people. You made them truly alive Paddy Jaun. :)

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh froggy! That was perfect- especially Ani giggling as he made what he thought was a silly comment that turned out to be more right than he could ever imagine.

If this chapter had a soundtrack to it, I would add the death star march while poor Ben was heading into the classroom.

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post! Will bringing the Sith down (if that's what you do) reveal to Ben who he was before his mindwipe (whether he's Obi-Wan or not)?

Can't wait for the next post. Thanks for the links!

12. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Finally!! I have made it to the end (or at least...the last post made)!

Wow. That's all I can say is WOW. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this story!!

So... I have to ask... does Ben EVER get his memories back? Will all the pieces ever fully be formed??

GREAT JOB!! :)

13. Darth_Abtranor

Darth_Abtranor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Sidious better watch out. . .

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Yes thats right the Sith has been right under your nose
    Go get him Knight Ben.

This has been an excellent story thank you for writing it PaddyJuan=D=

15. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    :eek: OMG Froggy that was freakin AWESOME !!!!

uhm...does this mean that the story is over? [face_not_talking] nope uh uh not gonna believe it !!!!

[:D] Awesome job though Frog. Can't wait for either more or another post.

~Flash

16. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I have decided that this story (The Panther's Cub) is deservant of the grand prize with regard to FF (my personal opinion). For the author triumphs in this arena, while the others only achieve mediocrity. In particular, Chapter 75 is outstanding in terms of complexity, synatax, and prose. Most important, is the author's use (throughout the entire story) of imagery and dialogue to create a masterpiece. Also, the vivid descriptions in this piece are essential to the developement of the story, and cannot be construed as nonessential "special effects." The protagonists (and quasi-protagonists) for that matter, are created in such a way that the reader has little difficulty connecting with them, and in particular, the quasi-protagonists of this piece exist for the benefit of the reader; as they help to make the story to be more believeable. AWSOME JOB, WHOEVER YOU ARE. A+/5 stars

17. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    It was so simple that it took a child to see it.

18. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Well, after reading the entire story about six times in the course of two months, I've decided to post something.

Paddy, this is a brilliant story. Out of the thousands of fanfics I have read, this one is my favorite. You write with a style and a surety of language that I wish some professional authors had. Your grasp of the characters is perfect. Honestly, there is just too much I love about this story to list here.

I know DRL has you in its clutches at the moment, so whenever you update, I look forward to reading it.

Meanwhile, thank you for such a marvelous story. =D=

19. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Good story. Glad you've been continuing this.

20. TimeLordEmiri

TimeLordEmiri Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    Oh wow!
    I've been away for too long.
    I come back and there are new posts!
    Though I'm certainly not complaining.
    I loved Ani's line about the Sith. It sent chills up my spine.

I now crave more posts like cookies N' cream ice cream.
    UP!
    TLE

21. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Just a note to let you know I really found pleasure in reading your work. I like the subtle ending. Rather poetic really. Thanks again from a long time lurker/reader

22. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Is this the end then? Or not? If not, this is too good a storyto let go into lockdown here. :)

23. tigerland

tigerland Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2003
  24. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all the wonderful support that you have given this story over the years. (Years!!! Eep!). I have one more chapter to go to close everything up.

Thanks! I really appreciate all the notes!

Froggy

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Only one more chapter... It's the end of an era!