main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    OMG I can't believe it's finished!! I've been waiting for so long for it to be finished and I just haven't checked for so many months because I've been so busy..

Of course I was expecting Ben to be Obi-Wan, we all were, thats the typical thing, that Ben=Obi-Wan. I'm so glad that you broke that typical story line. Though, I was wondering how Ben COULD be Obi-Wan, what with the hints about him being in the dancing troupe, but at the same time he had these vague ideas of things that only one trained as a Jedi would know (like doing katas but as if in another body...)

Wow, this was ABSOLUTELY amazing. The ending was .... All I can say is WOW. I absolutely love how Anakin turns out to be Qui-Gon's and I'm SO happy that Xan really IS Ben's father.

This was one of teh most amazing stories I've read in a long long time. I'm still a little teary from reading.

Congratulations! Great Job!

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks for the notes!

A sequel is not very likely since I barely managed the time to finish this one. Maybe someday I'll have time to fill in the gaps somewhat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful winter!

3. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    This was a truly excellent fic! I loved how you took the characters and completely made them your own. The original characters you wrote blended in seemlessly as well. And I didn't see the ending coming at *all*, but I loved it! I can't believe you had us thinking the whole time that Ben was Obi-Wan =D= Also loved how it ended happily as opposed to the path fate follows in the movies. Okay, I know I'm sort of rambling but I'm no great shakes at leaving reviews but I want you to know that I really liked this fic. Adi and Xanatos and Ben were my favourite characters, but I really liked how you changed everyone, like Bruck who got redeemed and Anakin who was neither as annoying a kid as he was in the movie, nor as doomed. Cheers! :)

4. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    I had fun with the characters. I'm glad people enjoyed the story line even if it is not straight from the series.

5. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    OMG you FINISHED it!!!!!!!

and I LOVED it. I'm gonna go back and read the WHOLE thing over the holidays now.

Thank you Paddy. I hope DRL has eased up a bit on you and I REALLY hope that you'll write again.

6. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Ok I reread the whole thing - as a whole and not just one by one posts.

*long loud clapping*

Paddy, I hope you keep writing. This story is absolutely amazing. When read all together, all the pieces really begin to fit in and you can see all the intricate detail that you have put into these characters. This is a very well thought out story, with a solid story line and very indepth charaterizations. I really love this story and it will probably be a favorite of mine forever. Please someday come back to it if you can and tell about Dan and Fluffy - that is just too hysterical.

/hugs

~The Wookiee

7. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks Flash,

Not much time to write anymore, new job, new hours, but much fun.

Take Care!

8. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Can't believe I never posted after the end. This was an awesome story, froggy, one of my faves. :D

9. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Upping from nostalgia and a happy holiday to everyone :)

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Wookie and Hobbit, Thank you. Both of you are wonderful denisons of the Pond, even though it has dried up at this time.

A wonderful winter to everyone. I hope that all of you and your families are safe and happy this upcoming year.

11. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    I wasn't one of the original cadre of admirers, but this epic -- and thanks for not hiatusing it -- was a wonderful read. :) Thank you for those hours of entertainment (and anticipation, when a new chappie was due out).

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It was a long journey and well worth the read.:*

Thank you for giving us a great story to read.=D=