main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    OE!

Quit hinting! That's not very nice to those of us who don't know what's going to happen! Anyways, you shouldn't be here - you have your own story to be working on! :D

Shaindl

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Cascadia - yep, mindwiped Obi, always a fun thing to play with.

PT - speaking of making a froggy stew -- where's your update? hmmmm?
    ** narrows goggly eyes at the delinquent Padawan.

OE - a certain part? there were parts of Ben that weren't displayed in that one?

JS - more more more. gee, you sound like a certain frog on soul and night.

Shaindl - yeah, you tell her. she has a bit of an unfair advantage since I test my ideas out on her before I post them.

thanks everyone!

3. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    hoppeth upwards shamelessly

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I am thoroughly enjoying this story! That image of those two entering the bar and Obi-Wan "cleaning the table" were priceless. I hope you post often because I can tell I am going to be checking in everyday to see if you have. :)

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Tight charcoal gray leather clung to well-muscled thighs and outlined a trim set of hips, as well as other interesting assets revealed by the supple clinging leather.

Good heavens froggy- are you trying to give me a heart attack?
    I join the others in saying brilliant work :)

6. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Sheila - can't post every day :(
    DRL is a real bother. But I'll do my best Tues and Fri.

PK - like the visuals, huh?

7. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Tuesday and Friday sounds good! I will check back then. Have a great weekend! :)

8. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Sheila - Your story is absolutely heart-rending! Fantastic job.

Check out her story, everyone. It is really good.

9. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *roosts on the Kevlar lily pad until Tuesday*

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    eeeee! roosting phoenixes!

,*JKH*,
    _______
    _<o.o>_

squished froggy

11. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] I am loving this fic!! Its great!

Tight charcoal gray leather clung to well-muscled thighs and outlined a trim set of hips, as well as other interesting assets revealed by the supple clinging leather.
    *Drool* [face_shocked] *faints* WOW!! Ben... [face_love]

Anyway, nice descriptions, they were really in depth and complete, especially the Ben ones. :D Please post soon. Hence the word SOON!! ;) Great job so far.

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Padawan_Jess_Kenobi - glad you are enjoying the eye candy. ** grins **

Post should be up on Tues.

13. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    there, that worked better

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi Jenny

16. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    *THUDSIES*

The Sockie has finally made it over to the Froggies threadsies and boy was she not disappointed! Wowsers! *sigh* Our Obi is so cute...

*adds Froggy to list of authors to watchies*

Now, when can we expect a new postie?? :)

17. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *looks at her pretty colors!*

*flies off the lily pad in search of yummy bugs for her and froggy*

*comes back carrying yummies*

Here froggy- snakes for later!

(Good morning)

18. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi Sockie! - glad you made it in without the dryer eating you.

PHOENIX!!! snakes eat frogs!

** froggy hopping away frantically to hide in her snakeproof kevlar lined lily pad

post tomorrow if i get off work on time.

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm proofing the chapter one last time, then it'll be up tonight.

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    here froggy froggy- come get tasty catapillar snacks :)

21. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    oooh, yummies!

one post coming up!

22. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    oops... I ment neon worms

* recaptures snakes*

*gives them to PTand PK*

*brings back flies and worms*

23. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 3:

Slowly awareness returned. The first thing Pantera noticed was the warmth of the body tucked so tightly against hers. That, and that her head was going to fall off if she moved. She lay still, carefully cataloging each ache, each pain. Nothing seemed too serious, she decided, although she wasn't really in a hurry to test the head falling off bit. The next thing was the mind tucked equally tightly into her consciousness.

The mental impression she had of Ben's mind was a fire. Banked now, only dimly glowing, the brick wall of his mindwipe both shielding and containing, a few darker places of the fear and anger only natural in the minor hell that had been his life for the past half-dozen years. But beneath the mildly warm embers she felt now, she could feel the sleeping power of the smoldering coals waiting only for a breath of oxygen to send the flames soaring. The potential was there, the unbelievable strength of the fire, with all of its contradictions.

Flames that could cook your food and burn your fingers in the same instant. Wood fire that could warm you comfortably, keep you alive, and kill you in agony at the stake. Flames that sent towering trees to the ground as seared charcoal, and weakened the shell of the seed so that it could germinate. The unimaginably hellish heat of the red giant star leaping hundreds of thousands of miles into space and the tiny green flame of the Fieresth mineral found only in the very coldest mountain peaks of Hoth, that would burst into flame at any temperature above freezing, whose flames were so cold they would give you frostbite if you touched them. And through them all, a thin silvery line twisted, throbbing with the beat of their hearts, pulsing slowly with the rhythm of their breathing. Their bond.

Still half dazed, she drifted with the images that his Force signature invoked in her mind. All too soon, the ache in the back of her head pulled her out of her reverie. She shifted slowly, trying to find a more comfortable position.

At her slight movement, the body beside hers stirred. A low moan was abruptly cut off as she felt conscious control return to her companion. The pain in his head distracted Ben only for the faintest second. He was used to pain. What he wasn't used to was the second consciousness within his mind. He probed at it curiously, gasping when the tenderness flared to a sharp pain.

She flinched and reached out a hand to touch his arm lightly. "Don't," she rasped, her throat dry. "You'll aggravate the bond."

He rolled over, resting his chin on one hand, and considered her thoughtfully. One leg was tucked between hers; his head had been on her shoulder. Her presence in his mind was warm and comforting. She felt both green and growing like a plant and furry and warm like a catling at the same time. Her body against his made him feel safe in a way that he had forgotten. He inhaled, enjoying the light fragrance that he had begun to associate with her, a calm soothing scent so at odds with her very dangerous appearance. He wondered which one was more accurate, or if both were true.

"Master? What happened?" he asked, wincing as the sound of his voice echoed through their heads. "I see myself, my memories, but I also see yours. It's like you are in my head also. And you aren't always you, sometimes you're someone else." He grimaced in confusion and pain.

"That collar was a Force inhibitor. When I took it off, your connection with the Force was suddenly restored. Somehow, your mind and mine bonded through the Force. That connection you feel is a bond."

"Oh, yes Master. What's a bond? What's the Force? Why can I feel you in my head? Why were you wearing those other clothes in your memories? And who is the frog-troll? Why does he hit you with the stick? Can't you avoid it? Who's the bald guy and does he ever smile?"

The questions poured out with more animation than she had seen him show before. Judging by the somewhat glazed look in his eyes, he was halfway into psychic shock

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Mouth watering visuals! This is one of my favorite stories and I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to this and what lies ahead! :D

25. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    [face_laugh] I loved the last part. :D Nice to know that Ben is still a prankster, even if he is an apprentice.

I eagerly await the "show" and Ben in his boy-toy outfit. [face_devil]