main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    thanks Jenny

3. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    WOW! I am loving this fic!! Your descriptions are amazing!! A fresh bruise adorned one cheek and his sulky mouth was slightly swollen, giving him a lush abused look. His hair was loose and flowed to his shoulder blades in a bright splash of color.

*DROOL* I love how you are describing Obi.. [face_love] Are you trying to make me faint over here or something? *drool* I love the interaction between Obi and Adi. But maybe I misread, is Adi Pantera? :confused:

Anyways, great job, and I need more very very soon :D

4. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Padawan_Jess_Kenobi - or something. Hope everyone on this thread is wearing waders with all the drool puddling around here. *grins*

Yes, Pantera is Adi's role. Glad you are enjoying this. More fun coming up.

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Today?

*face_hopeful in-so-much that a beak can beg*

6. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    tuesday?

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Do I have to wait that long?

I am pout.

*waits patiently...thinks about Xani...thinks about Obi...thinks about Xani and Obi...thinks about Xani and Obi sans clothes*

Ok, I can wait :D

8. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Phoenix! - not here! the children are looking! besides, how can we have leather-obi if he isnt wearing clothes? he has to wear clothes for that. hmmm? hmmm?

ewww!!!

** froggy jumps out of the rapidly forming drool puddle **

frogs like water, not drool!

9. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I read the summary to this fic, and I'll admit that something in me expected Obi's mysterious buyer to be Qui-Gon. **Everyone stares** Hey! It's been done so many times...

This is a wonderful change from rutine! **Remembers the last story she read by this author** Hey! Both of your stories have been great! Thanks for a wonderful evening, and you can be sure that I'll be around from now on.

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thalia Nox - That's kinda an automatic assumption around here, Qui-Obi, but I decided to take some of George's other toys out of the box and play with them. Glad you're enjoying it.

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Post tomorrow

12. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    You heard it folks...the Froggy doth promised us a post tomorrow! Hooray!

*hands Froggy a Twix bar*

13. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Dang, I was hoping for a post today (it's my b-day and it would have been a nice gift) But tomorrow is ok too. Can't wait.

~Swede :p

14. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Happy birthday, Swede!

Yeah, a post tonight would be nice, but I guess I can't be greedy, since I read the rest of the posts last night!

15. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    See I told you I would get caught up! :) I had some ahem free time today. ;)

Whoo! Hoo! What an interesting little tale you are weaving, I can't wait to see were you take this. :D

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    today's Monday- that means a post tomorrow :D

17. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    NyghtFyre - ooooh candy!

Swede - left one for you on the other story. You get this one a little late. But a belated Hoppy Bugday!!!

Thalia - ** offers coffee to keep you awake

RED! - "free time" -- wow, what's that?

PK - yep. how's my favorite bungee cord slicer? I remember you, you know. hmmm, post when?

18. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 5:

Adi flung herself on to the couch with a groan, one arm curled up over her eyes. She was almost too tired to stagger over to the fresher for a much desired shower. She had been using the Force to scan the surface minds of the pirates. Even for a Master, it was wearing after so many hours to try to do so unobtrusively while still shielding herself and watching Ben?s shields. As slimy as some of the criminals were, they left her mind feeling grimed. She could hear Ben in the galley and soon the sweet ginseng and Alderaanian honey scent of her favorite tea drifted into the slowly circulating air. Silent footsteps that she felt through their bond more than she heard whispered into the room, carrying the scent with them.

?Tea, Master??

?Thank you, sweet,? she said, sitting up with a faint groan. ?I?m certainly grateful that you managed to save me from most of that greasy stuff he called food, my Cubling. Such bravery, such dedication to protecting your Master, sacrificing your own digestive system.?

?The grease is what makes it good, Master,? he protested good-naturedly. ?I?m always happy to rescue you from food.? Their eyes met in mutual amusement at the never ending appetite of a healthy active young man. He dropped down at her feet, opening his text to catch up with today?s lessons.

?I can?t believe he was able to lay hands on a pair of captive Jedi. I wonder which poor schmucks managed to get themselves into this mess? What a bother,? she said crossly. This was going to put a real kink into their mission. Hopefully, they?d be able to bring this off, rescue the Jedi, and not blow their cover. Such a nuisance. She?d been working for years on this persona and hated to risk it. Oh well, she couldn?t really leave them in captivity, could she? She sighed. Not really; Yoda?s ears would droop at her. Now, how to pull this off? Her shrewd mind turned over the possibilities.

Ben laughed softly to himself as a vision of an anonymous figure in billowing tan and brown waving wildly tied upside down by one foot and being poked with a stick by an annoyed troll speaking backwards drifted idly across their bond, then buried his head back into his astrophysics text as her baleful glare turned itself on him. Best to be as unobtrusive as possible when Master was looking for someone to punish. The ones who had annoyed her were safely out of reach and he had enough classwork already.

?Ben, my young Apprentice, come here.?

?Uh oh. Didn?t shield fast enough.?

Hours later, they strolled into the pirate?s den. Well, she strolled; he sort of sauntered along behind her with his usual feral grace. His leash was loosely attached to her belt. Tiny chains wrapped around wrists and ankles were hung with bells chiming musically with every movement, the silver highlighting the sea-green silk of the loose harem pants slung low on his hips. The color matched his eyes and made his glitter sprinkled hair glow even more brightly. Against the ominous black and silver of her outfit, his costume was a splash of bright color and drew eyes away from her as it was intended, focusing attention on his looks rather than their actions. ?Misdirection is always useful; although Ben tends to glare, then giggle, at the term eye-candy, it certainly fits,? his Master mused with pride in her apprentice.

Pantera paused as she caught a glimpse of the captives. She closed her eyes briefly at the familiar leonine profile towering above his captors, then opened them, appearing to scan the crowd while her thoughts whirled in her mind.

?Oh no. Why him? Ten thousand Jedi in the galaxy, and I get the one that I?d really rather not see right now. The last thing I need is for him to figure out what happened with Ben and have more ammunition in his never-ending battles with the Council. He?s way too perceptive. Which is why we gave him the Padawan from hell, I suppose; keeps him busy. But they are a good match. They really deserve each other.?

Ben looked up curiously, his atten

rabideuphonium likes this.
  19. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    I get the first reply- YAY!

Froggy is getting sneaky! Would that other Jedi Master be none other than our very own bucketheaded Qui-Gon? Hmmmm??

'Time to start the distraction.'
    My mind was running wild with the possibilities of what this could be... ;)

The story gets better and better with each post. Good Job Froggy! *passes over more candy*

20. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Froggy does love me!! :D :D And all her faithful readers. :D :D

Awesome post, I was wondering when ol' Clunkhead would enter the picture. Interesteing, it appears that Adi knew who Ben really was. So what will happen later? Will she willingly give up her bond with 'Ben' or relinquish it to Clunkhead? Oh, can't wait for more!!

Soon please! :D

21. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    ok I'm halfway through the post and I'm already replying :)

?Ben, my young Apprentice, come here.?

?Uh oh. Didn?t shield fast enough.?

*laughs softly...can't be caught on the boards*
    although Ben tends to glare, then giggle, at the term eye-candy, it certainly fits,?

and we drool

The last thing I need is for him to figure out what happened with Ben and have more ammunition in his never-ending battles with the Council. He?s way too perceptive. Which is why we gave him the Padawan from hell, I suppose; keeps him busy. But they are a good match. They really deserve each other.?

Aha! new it I did! Ben was an initiate...

Please don't tell me it's buckethead...that would make the other Bratakin...

damn...

great, it's buckethead...but no Bratty!!?! yay!

*hopes Buckethead does anger some one and need assistance in the fresher the rest of his life*

'Time to start the distraction.'

Oh no no no...your not...you did.

You just had to leave it there???

Wonderful Froggy!!!

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    BRUCK? YOU GAVE HIM BRUCK AS A PADAWAN?

I'm not sure even Qui-Gon deserves that sort of punishment. That is, of course, assuming my suspicions are correct. Either way, that was a great post. But I think I'll have to join Cyn by taking my own cold shower. I really love your attention to detail and your wonderful descriptions - they really give a lot to the story. And although I've said it before, I also like the relationship you're building between Adi and Ben.

I think this has got to be one of my favourite stories on the boards right now - I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Shaindl

23. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Dammit, Froggy - you're way too good at ratcheting up the - AHEM - tension (and you can make of that what you will) and then just - coming to a screeching halt!

Leaving us (or me, at least) with these luscious visions of Obi-in-silk (and not much of it) kicking the bejesus out of sulking Bruck - after putting on a suitable 'distraction', of course, and, from your descriptions, that 'distraction' could be as simple as watching him get to his feet from his position at his Master's knee. Think slink! WOW! [face_love]

I took time out from Mardi Gras to read this - so if you think I'm kidding, think again.

Now hear this, my amphibian friend - NEED MORE NOW!!!!

Happy Fat Tuesday to all.

CYN

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    BRUCK? YOU GAVE HIM BRUCK AS A PADAWAN

Who is Bruck?

I think I remember that name from JA...but it's been years...

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    NyghtFyre - Clunkhead, or Buckethead as he is commonly known as around these here parts, already has a Padawan. What kind of Jedi would he be if he summarily dumped his existing Padawan just to take up with a talented young stranger? hmmmm? Really! That kind of thing only happens in the movies, you know.

Arldetta - of course I love you and all my readers. and as an author it is my duty to make sure that you don't die on me, so I'm just doing a pulse check - no drool on silk obi = no pulse.

Phoenix - Bratakin? nope. no Bratakin for Jinn right now. Anakin would only be about 5 right now anyway, since Ben is about 20. And yes, I just had to leave it there.

Shaindl - you don't think they deserve each other? look at it this way, I'm keeping your hot water bill down.

Cynical - have tool kit - will write. collecting lots of beads are you? beignets, crab, shrimp, blackened fish, gumbo, oooooohhhhhh.

Phoenix - Bruck was Obi-wan's nemesis in the JA books. the bully who always managed to get him into a fight. a really nasty little piece of work.

** offers drool rags to everyone for the next chapter - maybe....**