main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Oh Froggy!

What beautiful images you paint. Hmmm. [face_love] Whoo! Hoo! Ben and Bruck! Can't wait to see the little business venture in action.

I think Adi is having way too much fun with this. Both with Ben and Qui-Gon.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, my...is it hot in here?

That being said, I'm really enjoying this fic for its dry wit, visual images that just won't quit, and absolutely great story-telling. I look forward, with great anticipation, to your next post. Soon, I hope.

3. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Uh oh, does anyone know why there is a trail of thudded So[color=FE01E9]c[/color]k[color=FE01E9]i[/color]es lying on the floor? pretty stripes, Sockie.

JK - a very yummy idea.

Phoenix - tsk tsk ** pulls out the broom and sweeps the ashes into the cold pond **

well, if I don't get more done on Unforgiven soon, you're gonna have to make do with extra Panther posts.

AHHHHH!!! Someone left a dead body on my thread! Eep! OE! I think your padawan deceased herself!

Jaid - must mediate... Ohmmm, Ohmmm, Ohhhh, Ohhhbbb, Obbbbb, Obiiiii,

PJK - you're still speaking coherantly? hmmm, I must have left something out of that chapter. no one else is.

[color=25FE01]Cy[/color][color=FE0190]ni[/color][color=25FE01]cal[/color] - lmfbo

Swede - nope, she's not dead, just doesnt think of him that way. Remember, she's in his head and hears what he is thinking while he's doing that. Her problem is more trying not to laugh than trying not to pounce. Mace? Jumping to conclusions again are we?

Tahiri - meow

[color=940104]RRK[/color] - is there such a thing as having too much fun with Ben?

dianethx - seems to be rather warm. I have readers in snowbanks, cold ponds, cold showers, cold washing machines, and thudded. Really appreciate the note and am glad you are enjoying it. Stick around, more fun to come.

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    How do you do it, every post of this fic is a delight. It is one of my absolute favorites, it has me laughing outloud and running for the showers at every turn. :D

I cannot wait to see Ben face off against Bruck. Ben would definitely have an advantage if they stripped them down to a loin cloth and I would need another cold shower. [face_laugh]

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    mom came in because she thought she heard a thud then some choking noises. I let her read the post and she offered to dump me in your little pond to cool off ;)

6. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Hi!

One of the things I adore about your writing is how well-rounded you are. You write very vivid descriptive passages. You also get into the characters' minds very well.

I love how you can plumb a scene on many different emotional levels -- just like "Ben" and "Pantera" do in this work. You combine many facets (eroticism, humor, Angst, for instance) without diminishing any; indeed, your juxtaposition of them all actually augments your work. :D

I'm really looking forward to how you're going to tie up a lot of tantalizing loose ends. ::shrugs:: You're the writer; I'm just the reader. I'm sure whatever you plan will be absolutely delish.

Thank you again for continuing this series and updating so soon.

7. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    Good to see Obi playing "Master's insane little killer" again.

Your descriptions can only be called sumptuous. Do you think you could post more often, perhaps every other hour?

8. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *votes for that*

9. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Sheila - one cold shower coming up

PK - lol, hope your mom isnt upset about the thudding and choking noises and my pond seems to be getting a little crowded, but you are always welcome. I've ordered more ice for it. Obi-ew has extra snow she's trying to get rid of.

Lurkalidth - I am enjoying the undercurrents of the characters interactions and am glad you are doing so also.

ObiKajanee - yep, that's one of the roles he enjoys. ummmm, SQUEAK!! every other hour? I can't keep up with twice a week now!

Phoenix - lol, bet you do ashy-one

10. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    No No!!!!

You say that everyother hour is too much?

*sighs*

Fine.

I'll let you get away with every 3 hours.

*begins chanting*

UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! UP!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd, UP!!!
    *ends chant*

11. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Froggy I still have snow, too if you need some more...we're getting more tonight ( I think) and so we have plenty of excess...

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Jaid - lol

Phoenix - it is in the mid 60s here and the sun was out. I worked in my garden. you can keep the snow. with your last post to Ashes, you will have readers jumping into it left and right

13. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    with your last post to Ashes, you will have readers jumping into it left and right

Hey, my last post was completely innocent...it was a father/son kinda thing- besides Xani still had his clothes on.

14. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    whatever you say.

15. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *glares angrily at frog*

*tone menacing, lightsaber ignited and in hand*

I've always wondered what frog legs taste like..........................................................

*calculating look enters eyes*

The only thing that comes to mind that might induce me to wait for my meal is a post...................................

*evil grin that promises pain*

Get the point? [face_devil]

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Jaid - so violent, tsk tsk.

Be nice or Obi will show up in a used car salesman suit with paisley jacket, checkered highwater pants with suspenders with smiley faces, mismatched socks and saddle shoes, hornrimmed glasses, oiled back hair, and a neon pink, orange, and green hawaiian shirt.

17. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *sigh*

Froggy, he's already done that and he looked damn hot then, too (Ewan in Eye of the Beholder)

18. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Great Job Froggy...

I love the mental picutre that you gave poor Obi-Wan...had to go and take a cold shower though..

So um can we have the next chapter please.....................

PT

19. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
  20. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Phoenix - oh. well. hmmm.

PT - i dunno, another chapter or two and we could run out of cold showers around here. everyone has been taking them.

Tahiri - Wheeeee!!!! posty hops up.

21. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Wheeeee!!!! posty hops up.

REALLY??????????

WHERE??????????????

*races around thread trying to locate the posty*

*unable to do so, Jaid sits down in the middle and starts bawling*

22. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Just dropping off last nights snowfall- I think it's needed here (up)

23. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    whoa i've been gone for 2 days and no post... hmmm this is not good... but it will be better once there is a post... right... yes.....
    yummy post...

24. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Jaid, Phoenix, and RJK - posty on its way

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 7:

Adi Gallia stood and stalked into the common rooms with a determined grace more characteristic of her Pantera identity than of the Jedi Master self. Her young apprentice had better be doing what he was supposed to be doing. She smiled slowly. She wanted to have a discussion with him about his idea of a distraction. Although, it had been very distracting. Her equilibrium restored with happy thought of Padawan abuse, one of the best perks of being a Master, the Jedi Master whistled melodically under her breath as she went in search of a certain young cubling of hers. Although search wasn't really the right term, since she could just follow the tug of their bond when he was embracing the Force as he was doing now.

Ben spun through the air, the Force lifting his body as he slid out of gravity's grasp with a grace she still found breathtaking. He would never have the sheer power of Mace Windu or Qui-Gon Jinn, nor the exquisite dancer's grace she herself fought with, but he combined his athleticism and coordination into a stunning display of speed and agility. Yes, he would hold his own against all but the very best Padawans, and many of the Knights as well, she thought with forgivable satisfaction and pride that she carefully shielded so as not to interrupt his practice.

He twisted lithely in mid-flip and scissor kicked in a move that would take the head off an opponent should there be one. Landing, his feet had barely touched the ground before he was off in another direction. His eyes were closed and she could feel his total concentration on each muscle, each movement. Yes, he was ready to place out of this level and move on to the next. She was very proud of him. The next level was for Senior Padawans, and in barehanded katas, his arena experience had served him very well. It became more and more of a challenge to beat him. However, she wasn't a Jedi Master for no reason. She did have other options.

With a wave of her hand, she activated one of the remotes. It hummed into place, then fired a blindingly quick bolt that would sting sharply upon contact and numb the area it struck. Ben did not open his eyes, just twisted out of the way of the bolt, incorporating the new threat into his dance. Another wave, another remote, this one with a lash of thick cord to tangle his limbs. He continued his kata; however, the strain of avoiding both training bots was now beginning to wear down even his superb conditioning. Finally, he managed to maneuver the two remotes into striking each other and they shut down.

He did not pause, just dropped flat on his back, and lay there on the cold deck panting for breath. He ignored the chuckles of his Master for a moment, then turned a baleful eye on her. She prodded him lightly with both the Force and a booted foot. He rolled up with a muffled groan, beginning to stretch and cool down overworked muscles. As always, she critiqued his efforts, telling him not only what he had done wrong, but how to make improvements, and what he had done correctly as well. She walked him through a few guards that he could use as alternatives, then sent him off to shower.

Luxuriating in the abundant flow of hot water, Ben scrubbed thoroughly, as always, grateful that his Master allowed him such indulgence when it was available. And that he got to pick his own scent. The light flowery one she preferred was wonderfully comforting when he was sick or relaxing, and calming when he was distracted, but he really preferred the green herbal scent that he had found on one of the planets they had stopped at. If for no other reason than the ego of a young male that had been somewhat bruised one time when a spacer in a rough bar had been rather vocally amused at the flowery scent and had teased him mercilessly. Until, of course, his Master took offense and made that very clear.

Lured out of the shower by the smells that were beginning to float through the ship, Ben hurried into his clothing. Barefoot and barechested, he loped into the galley with an inquisit