1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Rogue One The Partisans (Saw's Gang) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' started by Cantina Regular, Sep 14, 2016.

1. moreorless12 Jedi Master

star 4
    Honestly Maz's bar ended up feeling rather more like something from Dr Who to me with a degree of cartoonish camp to a lot of the designs.
    Avnar likes this.
  2. Jim Smith Jedi Padawan

star 1

Right on! I absolutely adore the designs for Edrio and Benthic Two-Tubes! :D I didn't know that Benthic is the one that does the talking, I thought that it was Edrio.
    Last edited by Jim Smith, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Avnar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yeah I thought it was Edrio too... Seems they are mixed up a fair bit depending on where you look. I am taking that from the visual dictionary.
    Last edited by Avnar, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Jim Smith Jedi Padawan

star 1

The Rogue One Visual Dictionary which I proudly own is a great and luscious book for an equally great and luscious film! :D
    Cantina Regular and Avnar like this.
  5. Avnar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Of all the VD's it is the one that has the most "meat" in it... I know this is a bit over the top but I am still blown away by RO! I never thought we would get a SW film I loved as much as the OT... Dare I say it ? I may even have it above 1 or 2 of them =D= Now I wish Cassian and Jyn had survived at the end just so we could get another film with these great characters...even though I loved the fact they all died!
  6. Cantina Regular Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't know where the idea came from (maybe it was a mix of Saw from Clone Wars and Kallus's story about the ambush) but I always envisioned Saw's Partisans as a ragtag group of exotic and intimidating aliens. Bugs, reptiles, strange and tough looking thugs and killers who were talented at killing stormtroopers. I must say I was not at all disappointed with the end result. There were more humans present than I anticipated but that's true of every corner of the GFFA.

The Two Tubes twins instantly became my favorites
  7. Avnar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Fantastic designs! I actually think Saws hideout gives Jabbas palace a serious run for it's money, as far as how many character cool designs we see...
  8. moreorless12 Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing that's not mentioned with SW enough for me is the influence of Frank Hebert's Dune, beyond the general setting of galactic empire the middle eastern atmosphere and more specifically the moisture film and Tusken raiders. Rogue One does I think clearly look to revisit this with Jedha obviously having a strong middle eastern influence as a place of Pilgrimage and indeed more specifically Benthic's "two tubes" design being rather reminiscent of Fremen still suits.
    Last edited by moreorless12, Nov 11, 2017
  9. Cantina Regular Jedi Knight

star 2

I finally got around to watching the film again and you were spot on! That was him in Saw's hideout and he was in fact holding his triangle face helmet while feeling the Death Star's attack! I really really hope that the people who write the lore are aware of this repurposing and include it in his story, otherwise I'll be very disappointed. Tam Posla is featured on a cover of an upcoming issue of Dr. Aphra and I hope he looks like the actor who portrayed him in Saw's hideout and makes mention of his Partisan affiliation.

....crazy idea.....do we update his Wookieepedia page with stills from Saw's hideout?
    Last edited by Cantina Regular, Nov 12, 2017
  10. Avnar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would update it! I am a continuity nazi :cool: Bet you no-one is aware of the re-purpose, so the character in Dr. Aphra will look completely different and still have his original story etc... Then when it is pointed out they will create a new name for the guy at Saws, and say "He was also a interstellar lawman - but he chose to join Saws rebels" Good lord...
    Last edited by Avnar, Nov 12, 2017
    Cantina Regular likes this.
  11. Cantina Regular Jedi Knight

star 2
    That made me laugh [face_laugh]

It's so true though I wouldn't be surprised at all. Fingers crossed someone over there noticed this too. They wouldn't even have to rewrite him, his bio says he was taken off the case and he went rogue, what better way to go rogue then meet up with the Partisans and exchange info
    Avnar likes this.
  12. Jango723 Jedi Knight

star 1

A bit late here, but dude literally looks like a cross between Boba Fett and the Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear. I was wondering where you got your avatar from.
    Last edited by Jango723, Nov 13, 2017
  13. Cantina Regular Jedi Knight

star 2
    Happy Thanksgiving fellow Partisans, I have a bounty of new information for you today

- the comic Star Wars #39 came out this past Wednesday and its cover is graced by none other than Benthic Two Tubes
    [IMG]

Leia, Luke, and Han travel to the remains of Jedha and discover Benthic has survived and is running the Partisans in Saw's place.

- While doing some more digging on Tam Posla I came across this post showing some screenshots of this puzzling character. He certainly seems to be in cahoots with Saw's Militia
    [IMG]

- While playing through the Battlefront 2 campaign I stumbled upon two intriguing characters hanging out in Maz's castle. They seemed very out of place considering the rest of the crowd were variations of playable character and npc models. Considering how much the new canon is being pushed it appears to me that Weeteef Cyubee and Kullbee Sperado survived Jedha and were patrons of Maz's Castle post Endor.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

It seems to me that the New Canon wants to put a small focus on these radical rebels, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled and post any and all new information
    Avnar likes this.