main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Passion of the Christ

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    The book is better... ;)

[This entire post is in a pleasant, non-agressive, friendly, not wanting to rattle anyone's cage tone...]

Mel Gibson is hooked on gore. Patriot, Braveheart, Passion... If you ask me, he's messed up. I have no need to sit through three hours of bloodfest to know that Christ suffered and died for me. The Bible has enough description for me to know exactly how much he suffered...

[pulpit]
    If people would follow his teachings rather than mourn his suffering and death we would all be a lot better off. How many people went to see that and then got high that night or beat their kids, etc... He only suffered and died for you if you follow his teachings. The apostle John said "Faith without works is dead."
    [/pulpit]

2. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I think Mel Gibson was just trying to get people's attention. Since some of them probabley have not read the Bible. I'm actually kinda glad it was bloody, not that I enjoyed the bloody part. It was better than the movies that either have three drops of blood, or don't stay close to the Bible at all. Like the movie Judas for an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.