main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Past is the Present to Save the Future (SW/Trek xover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tejdog1, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tejdog1

tejdog1 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Title: The Past is the Present to Save the Future
    Author: tejdog1
    Summary: An unusual ceremony, combined with an even more unusual request, leads the Enterprise into a confrontation she may not be ready for.
    Trek Timeframe: TNG Season 5, starts between ?The Perfect Mate? and ?Imaginary Friend? (Stardate 45762.2 ; 2368)
    Wars Timeframe: 7 years post ROTJ (11 ABY)
    Disclaimer: I?ve only seen TOS, most of TNG, the first 7 Trek movies, and Epi III-VI of Star Wars. The rest of the stuff, I?ll be using Memory Alpha, Memory Beta, and Wookiepedia for (and/or making up).
    A/N: The stuff that doesn't make sense in the beginning, will by the middle/end.

----------------------------
    Chapter #1
    ----------------------------

?Captain?s Log, Stardate 45762.2.? here the captain paused and sighed, looking across his bridge to the various duty stations. ?I never thought any of us would set foot on a starship again. Damned Klingons and their damned pomp and circumstance. I feel old, outdated, and tired. How Starfleet ever agreed to this, I?ll never know, or understand.?

?Position, Captain Chekov??

?Approximately 40 hours from Qo?noS at Warp 7.?

?Kirk to Engineering, Captain Scott, are the new engines up to your specs??

?Aye, Captain. Everything?s smooth down here.?

?Kirk to Sick Bay, Adm??

?Now now, Jim. It?s always Bones to you.? Kirk smiled as he heard the voice of one of his best friends for the first time in years.

?Theoretically, Bones, you outrank me.?

?Maybe according to those baffoons in Starfleet, not according to me.?

?I see. Is Sick Bay to your satisfaction, Admiral??

?So damned big, and these new nurses don?t have any clue??

?I?m sure you?ll have them straightened out, Bones. Bridge out.?

?Admiral Uhura, open a channel to the Enterprise-D?

?Channel open, Captain, and on screen.? Kirk turned in his command chair (specifically requested the chair from his first bridge, none of that redressed crap), and beheld the (to him) futuristic bridge of the Galaxy class NCC-1701D.

?Captain Kirk. Are you ready to get underway??

?As ready as we?ll ever be with a crew of 65, Captain Picard.?

?Very well, then. Set course 248 mark 24, ahead warp 9.?

?Warp 9? We were told this would be??

?Captain, sharship engines have improved vastly in the last 75 years or so, our standard cruising speed is warp 9.2.?

?Damn fool thinks I?m senile.? Kirk whispered, not knowing that Picard heard him. Louder, he said, ?I know that, Captain Picard. I didn?t think there was any haste required. With such a small crew compliment aboard, I?d like to proceed at warp 7.?

?Very well, captain. 248 mark 24, warp 7.?

?Course laid in, Captain.?

?Lets get going then, Chekov.? The Enterprise A zoomed off, slightly behind the behemoth Enterprise D.

?You?ve been quiet ever since we set foot on the A, Spock.? Kirk said, getting up and slowly making his way to the science station. Even on a diplomatic mission with little chance of anything?unexpected happening, his crew (so hard to imagine them as anything but) was at their former duty stations.

?I find this ? invitation to be very unsettling, Jim.?

?Certainly you don?t suspect this of being a trap? The Federation and Klingon Empire have had decades of peace and union now.?

?A peace we helped to usher in, which is why we?re on our way to Qo?Nos. Still, Captain, I can?t help myself, I have a very human reaction to this ? mission.?

?Really, Spock? You have come a long way, then. What reaction do you have??

?I have a very bad feeling about this.?

?Relax, Spock. We have that behemoth of a ship Picard calls the Enterprise D to protect us if anything were to happen.?

?I?m going to my quarters for a few hours. Spock, you have the conn.?

?Acknowledged.?

Jim slowly made his way through his 2nd ship, ending up outside of his quarters. He sighed, walking in and sitting on the bed. He flicked on the recorder for his personal log.

?Personal log, stardate?45762.2. Captain James T. Kirk recording, onboard the USS Ente

2. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ?Docking clamps are secure, we are stationed, Captain.? Riker reported.

?Well then, Will, shall we get off this bucket?? Picard asked, getting out of the antique command chair.

?Shall ve tell Mr. Scott?? Chekov whispered to Sulu.

?I meant that in the most complimentary fashion.? Picard grinned.

?Sure you did.? Sulu retorted. The foursome, who?d spent the 3 hour voyage swapping stories, exited the bridge and headed for the shuttlebay, where their ride to Starbase 74 was waiting.

?Vhat are ve going to do now?? Chekov wondered aloud.

?I guess that depends on Captain Kirk.? Sulu answered.

?Your loyalty to Captain Kirk is incredible. Here you are, accomplished Starfleet Captain?s in your own right, and you would accept lesser positions under Kirk?? Picard asked.

?Yes. Captain Kirk is our friend, and in many ways, he shaped us.? Sulu answered.

?Captain Kirk gave us chances, Captain Picard, there were certainly more senior officers who were in line for the roles he gave us.? Chekov said.

?Especially after Captain Pike was promoted to Fleet Captain. If Captain Kirk made the Enterprise a galaxy-wide name, Captain Pike made it a Starfleet-wide name. We owe him our careers, a thousand times over.? Sulu said. They entered the Shuttlebay and climbed into the shuttle, their pilot departing the Enterprise A for Starbase 74. Picard looked out the side window, taking in the battle scarred Enterprise D.

?Captain Kirk is waiting for us on Landing Pad 17.?

?Thank you, Lieutenant.? Picard answered. The shuttle descended through the atmosphere, and settled onto the landing pad.

?Thanks, Jed.? Sulu said, clapping the pilot on the back before leaving. The rest of the party followed, with Sulu and Chekov remaining on either side of Picard and Riker.

?Well, well, deserters, huh?? Kirk grinned, looking at Sulu and Chekov.

?Yes, captain, I?ve taken your helmsmen and navigator.?

?That?s OK, Picard, I?ve taken your ship.? Kirk smirked. They walked into the base, heading for Admiral Johnson?s office.

?Well, Captain Kirk, we have an interesting situation on our hands.? Admiral Johnson said, glancing across her desk at both Kirk and Picard.

?I would volunteer to?take on Captain Kirk and his crew as members of my crew. The additional experience would be invaluable on the flagship of the Federation.?

?I believe I have a more optimal solution, Jean-Luc. Due to the ever present and escalating threat of the Borg, Starfleet has been working on several new ship designs. These ships are in the early stages of development, but should be launched within the next 18 to 30 months. The Enterprise A has been refitted with the latest technology, prior to this ? mission to Qo?Nos, but it was not officially recommisioned. We can recommision it until the next generation of starships are ready, and then simply transfer Captain Kirk and his crew to that ship.?

?No.? Kirk said. ?Captain Picard and his crew truly belong out here, exploring the stars. Were it not for a total chance occurance, my crew would still be in their mid 130s. No, Admiral, Captain Picard deserves the next gen starship.?

?You still intend to go back into retirement at the conclusion of this mission, Captain Kirk?? Silence was her only answer.

?Captain, watching you command the D in the battle with the Borg variant proves that you still have what it takes to command. You have been restored to an age where it is still practical.? Jean-Luc said. Kirk held a hand up.

?I?ll think about it. It also depends on what my crew wants to do. I suggest we turn our attention to that Borg variant. If it did indeed come from another galaxy, or universe, then we need to render them all assistance possible.?

?Captain Kirk, we have an Ambassador class starship berthed here, awaiting refit. We can have it space ready inside of a day.? Johnson stopped, and looked closely at Picard. ?Captain Picard, what you hear must never leave this room.? Picard nodded. Johnson turned to Kirk and nodded.

?During 2328, the Romulans infiltrated Sta

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This promises to be intresting.
    I have a web site address with the aproximations of ships and technology for Star Wars and Star Trek

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html

It might be helpful.

Could you you PM me when you update?

4. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    Sorry, I don't do PM lists, but I should be updating every week. And there are 12 chapters (10 left to be posted), so

4/17
    4/24
    5/1
    5/8
    5/15
    5/22
    5/29
    6/5
    6/12
    6/19

Should be the rough schedule. Maybe a bit longer time in between an evil cliffy I have in one of the chapters... :evil:

And I decided to just make everything even in terms of tech. And this is more Trek orientated then any other xovers on here (mostly because alot of Trek is on TV, and where I based this story in the Wars universe is part of EU, and I haven't read/had a chance to read any.)

5. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    -----------------------
    Chapter 3
    -----------------------

?Final pre-flight routines are green across, Han.? Scotty reported.

?Sure you can?t stay, Scotty? You were pretty handy.? Han asked, knowing the answer.

?Aye, lad. I?m needed aboard the Memphis. You dinna worry, she?ll hold together.?

?Hey, it was alotta fun, Scotty. Thanks for the Romulan Ale.? Han held his hand out, and Scotty shook it.

?Now you be careful with that, lad, it?s not like the water you drink.? He winked and tapped his commbadge. ?One to beam up, Memphis.?

?One down, one to go.? Han said, walking up towards the cockpit, where the Enterprise D?s chief engineer was putting the finishing touches on rewiring some of the power transfer subroutines, with Artoo?s help.

?Han, she should run at about 175% of what you?re used to. You had a lot of redudant backtracks in the power transfer conduits.?

?So what should I be able to hit??

?As near as I can figure, you were about at a max speed of Warp 9.03 before my modifications, or about 1,711.63 times the speed of light in this universe, which is ? and this is admittedly very rough, about .52 past lightspeed in your universe.? He looked up at Han, who nodded.

?Well, I was able to increase your maximum emergency speed to 175% of that, or about .91 past lightspeed in your universe, which corresponds to around 2,995.35 times the speed of light here, or around a maximum speed of Warp 9.14.?

?There?s a 175% difference in the speed between warp 9.03 and 9.14?? Han asked. Georgi sighed.

?It?s complicated, but there?s a warp 10 barrier in the current warp scale. I don?t want to bore you too much, but speeds increase at a constant rate of warp factor raised to the power 10/3, between warp 1 and warp 9. From warp 9 to warp 9.99 repeating, speeds increase at an expotential rate, which itself increases. For example, warp 9 is 1516.38 times the speed of light, but warp 9.14 is twice that. That?s because the exponent used at warp 9 is 10/3, while the exponent used at warp 9.14 is 3.62. Your scale is infinitely simpler then ours. I would assume a linear progression for your scale, with ?warp 1?, or 1.00 past lightspeed occuring at around 3291.60 times the speed of light here, or around warp 9.18 or so. Anyway, if what you?ve boasted about is true, you should be able to outrun anything in your galaxy now, and keep up with us pretty well, too.?

?I see, sort of?I?d need to see it written out, maybe once this is all over. Thanks for everything, Geordi. You and Scotty really made this easy. Thank you especially, for giving me lessons on how to operate that transporter.?

?That?s why we?re here, Han.? Geordi gave Han a smile. ?La Forge to Enterprise D, one to beam up.?

?Stand by, Lieutenant Commander, we?re having trouble calibrating the transporter relays.?

?Enterprise, this is Han, if you want, we can lift off with Geordi still aboard, and you can beam him over to your ship later.?

?Yes, agreed. Carry on. Enterprise D out.?

?Looks like you?re stuck with us, Geordi.? Han smirked.

?I?ve been stuck in worse dumps.? He quipped back. Han rolled his eyes. Leia joined them a moment later, taking her seat at the copilot station. She pressed a few buttons, then turned to Han.

?Incoming message from Admiral Johnson.? Geordi took this opportunity to leave. He made his way to the main hold. He spotted Chewie sitting there, playing a game of holo-chess with Artoo.

?You can go up to the cockpit if you want to, Chewie.? Chewie looked at him, and nodded, since he didn?t understand any of the grunts and growls that formed Shyriiwook. Chewie made his way to the cockpit, just in time to hear the beginning of Admiral Johnson?s short message.

?Captain?s Picard, Spock, Kirk and Solo, good luck from everyone in Starfleet. Once you have determined the level of activity the Borg have commenced in your universe, you?re to return to Federation space, so we may prepare an armada. Good luck gentlemen, and God Speed.? Leia leaned forward, to answer.

?May the Force be with you,

6. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ----------------
    Chapter 4
    ----------------

?Are we being followed, Data?? Spock asked, as the Enterprise A raced back towards the wormhole.

?Negative. All scans reveal we are not.? Spock then called down to Engineering.

?Engine status, Chief O?Brien??

?She?s holding steady at Warp 9.73, Captain. Though I would like to inform you the engines are not designed to run at this speed for this long. Is there any way to go below Warp 8??

?You shall get that chance once we enter the wormhole, Chief O?Brien.? He closed the channel. ?Time to wormhole, Chekov??

?Fourteen minutes, Captain Spock.? Spock depressed a button on the command chair.

?Captain?s log, Stardate 45775.4, Captain Spock in command of the USS Enterprise A, currently en route to Federation space. A Borg armada of 23 cubes has invaded another galaxy. I am currently within that galaxy, returning to a wormhole between this galaxy and our own, to warn Starfleet and build up a fleet to return and defeat the Borg. I can only hope the other ships which had been part of the convoy have safely reached Coruscant, to warn the government here, termed the New Republic.?

?We are at the wormhole sir.? Data reported.

?Reduce speed to 3/4 impulse, Chekov, and take us in. Once we emerge on the other side, set course for Starbase 74 at Warp 9.5.?

?Yes sir.? The Enterprise entered the wormhole, having a smoother trip this time. As soon as they emerged on the other side, it pivoted and warped towards Starbase 74.

?Vhat do you intend to tell Admiral Johnson?? Chekov wondered.

?The truth. There are 23 Borg cubes in the other galaxy, they have presumably assimilated a great many worlds in the so called ?Outer Rim Territories?, and have moved into the ?Mid Rim?. I will recommend that every available Federation and Klingon ship rendezvous with us at the wormhole, within 36 hours.?

?Hopefully, Captain Kirk and Captain Picard will have a fleet of New Republic ships ready to assist us.? Uhura said.

?That is why they proceeded to Coruscant.? Spock pointed out. ?Having a General, Jedi Master and the Chancellor on hand, having been through a battle with the Borg themselves, should serve to expedite matters.?

?Time to starbase 74??

?47 minutes.?

?If we increase speed to warp 9.8??

?15 minutes.?

?Increase speed to warp 9.8, then. We must get there without delay.? The Enterprise A shook as she accelerated deep into the red zone. While she had been refitted with modern engines, the ship was still 80 years old, and asking her to approach what would have been something on the order of warp 127 on the old warp scale was pushing it tremendously.

?We?re closing in on the Tarsas System, captain.?

?Slow to warp 7. Once we arrive at Starbase 74, put us in orbit. I will be going down to meet with Admiral Johnson. The rest of you remain at stations, if I am correct, we shouldn?t be spending too much time here.? Spock got up and headed for the turbolift.

?Chekov, you have the conn.? Spock said, disappearing into the turbolift.

Captain Picard stepped out of his ready room and onto the somber bridge of the Galaxy Class USS Enterprise D, sighing as he sat down.

?Worf, open a channel to the rest of the ship.?

?Channel open, sir.?

?This is Captain Picard. As you no doubt are aware of by now, a few moments ago, Captain Kirk gave his life so that the world of Corellia would not suffer assmiliation by the Borg. Many of us have admired Captain Kirk from afar, many of you served briefly under him during the fight with the Borg in Federation space 5 days ago. Captain Kirk was a singularly devoted man, with a purpose, and resolve, to do what must be done, to achieve VICTORY! To that end, our mission is now two-fold. We must repel the Borg fleet from New Republic territory, and we MUST do everything in our power to INSURE that James Kirk did not die in vain. Picard out.?

?Jim would?ve been proud of that speech, Captain Picard.? McCoy said, choking up.

?Thank you, Doctor.? Picard hesistated, then turned to helm. ?Time

7. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ----------------
    Chapter 5
    ----------------

?I?ve recalled any Starfleet ships in the surrounding 5 sectors, Captain Spock. They should arrive within the next 4 hours.?

?How many??

?Sixteen. Most of them are refitted Constitution, Constellation and Excelsior class ships recovered from shipyards in this sector. We didn?t want to let word out, but our fleet took a massive hit at Wolf 359. We have ramped up production of Galaxy Class ships, but it takes time to build one, let alone the 12 that were destroyed at Wolf 359.?

?It shall have to do. As I?ve said, the Borg had a fleet of 23 a few hours ago, by now, they could number in the 40s. If we do not get New Republic assistance, this battle could go just as badly as Wolf 359.? Admiral Johnson nodded grimly. Just then, her comm went off.

?One moment, Captain Spock.? She said, depressing her comm switch. ?Admiral Johnson here.?

?This is Admiral Gelancia at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards. Word travels fast, Admiral, there are rumors flying of a Borg incursion, is there any truth to this??

?Yes, but it?s not of the Federation, at least, not yet. They?ve decided to invade another universe. We?re massing a fleet to travel there to hopefully defeat them.?

?Would the prototype Sovereign class help??

?It?s completed??

?Yes. Normally, we?d run batteries of tests on it, it wouldn?t launch for at least 30 months, but we can press it into service now.?

?One moment, Admiral Gelancia.? Johnson turned back to Spock. ?She can be here inside of 12 hours, if you can wait.?

?Negative. We must return to the other universe as quickly as possible.?

?Admiral Gelancia, launch the Sovereign, she can be the flagship of our second wave into the other universe.?

?Right away, Admiral Johnson. Utopia Planitia out.?

?You understand most of the vessels we?ve managed to scrape together are vastly inferior to the Galaxy class, right?? Johnson asked.

?Indeed. However, we cannot waste time. I?ve given you the coordinates to Coruscant, as well as several other planets Chancellor Organa-Solo has deemed to be important to the security and vitality of the New Republic. Hopefully, a combined Federation/New Republic fleet can put a stop to the Borg in that universe.?

?How big of a fleet will the New Republic be sending??

?I would imagine that depends on what, if anything, any Starfleet officers tell their leaders, and if their leaders listen.?

?Listen to me! You all must listen to me!? Picard yelled from the Chancellor?s podium. The Senate of the New Republic was in disarray after Leia had announced the invasion of the Borg. He looked helplessly at Leia.

?They will condemn themselves to eternal damnation by not listening.? He sighed. ?You are the Chancellor, you must do something!?

?If only you knew the history of this universe, Jean-Luc. I cannot take power unto the office of Chancellor.? Picard?s face grew stormy as he reapproached the microphone.

?SHUT UP!? he thundered. His voice echoed back to him as one by one, the pods quieted. ?LISTEN TO ME! YOU MUST PUT ASIDE YOUR PETTY DIFFERENCES AND UNITE!? he took a deep breath.

?The threat of the Borg is real, it is imminent, and it is happening right now! Already several worlds in your Outer-Rim Territories have been forcibly assimilated, you must mobilize whatever fleet you have!?

?And what of your ? Federation, Picard?? the Senator from Tynna asked.

?Originally, three of our starships escorted the Millennium Falcon back to the New Republic. One of them, the USS Enterprise A, has fled back to Federation space, to alert our command to the threat here. They will mobilize a fleet, I assure you.?

?If the information we?ve seen today from Captain Picard is even remotely based in fact, we have no choice but to act.? Another senator called. The rotunda again descended into chaos. An aide ran onto the Chancellor?s Podium, whispering into Leia?s ears. Leia nodded, then turned on a starmap of this galaxy.

?Senators, I bring you grave news. Khomm has fallen to the Borg. They are now

8. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    Hey uh, is anyone reading this? Some comments would be nice, lol.
    ----------------
    Chapter 6
    ----------------

James T Kirk had, in his long and storied career as a Starfleet officer, commanded a great many ships, from the Constitution class USS Farragut following that vessel?s disasterous encounter with the dikironium cloud creature, all the way to the recently destroyed Ambassador class USS Memphis following a trip into another universe. His 110 plus years of space experience was rivalled only by Spock?s, but nothing had prepared him for this experience. In a Republic shuttle approaching the SSD Alderaan, Captain, now temporarily General, James T Kirk was awed into silence at the sheer size of the behemoth vessel.

?What is that?? he breathed.

?That is the latest, greatest warship of the Republic, the Executor class Super Star Destroyer Alderaan.? His pilot, and XO, Commander Vorth, said. The three-hour journey from the surface of Coruscant to the behemoth Alderaan had been spent in a ?getting to know you? session. ?It has, of course, been modified since the conclusion of hostilities 3 1/2 years ago. However, she still can carry up to 200 X-Wings.?

?Ah, your personal starfighters.?

?Correct, General.? The shuttle flew up into the hangar, and it?s doors opened. Kirk stepped out, and saw the entire hangar was full of personell. They all snapped to attention as he emerged from the shuttle.

?At ease, ladies and gentlemen.? He said, moving through the more then 280,000 under his command. ?DISMISSED? he yelled. They all snapped to attention again, and marched out. He took out a personal recording device given to him by Luke, and switched it on.

?Captain?s Log, Stardate ? 45781.4. I am currently in command of the SSD Alderaan, an Executor class Super Star Destoyer in the New Republic fleet. We will be proceeding to coordinates 06075, approximately 5.5 hours from Coruscant, to engage the Borg armada. If this recording device should survive me, I wish it to be known that the crews of the Enterprise A and Enterprise D are to receive the highest Starfleet commendations I am authorized to give. Their exceptional valor in the face of overwhelming odds will surely lead to victory here.? Kirk stepped into the turbolift, and headed up to Level 1, the command level.

?Captain?s Log, Stardate 45781.4. The USS Enterprise is en route to coordinates 06075, where we will rendezvous will the rest of the New Republic fleet. We have just received word from Captain Spock, who is en route with a fleet of 21 starships. My only hope is that we can hold our own until they arrive. Captain Kirk, against my best judgement, has been field promoted to General, and given command of the New Republic flagship, the SSD Alderaan. I hope Chancellor Organa-Solo is correct with regard to Captain Kirk. We can afford no mistakes.?

?Captain?s Log, Stardate 45781.4. I have secured a fleet of 21 starships and we are currently within the other universe. A communiqué with Captain Picard has alerted us to the coordinates of what will very soon be the battle site between the New Republic fleet and the Borg armada. We are en route to those coordinates at maximum warp.?

?Captain?s Log, Stardate 45782.03. The SSD Alderaan has emerged from hyperspace at coordinates 06075, and we have engaged?the Borg.?

9. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    This is really good tejdog i like it you captured everyone perfect don't feel bad i have a story that no one has read either except maybe one other person its star trek Voyager/ STar wars xover

10. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    I would, except I never watched Voyager.

11. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    its okay cause i can't find it on here anymore anyway someone must have deleted it or something but i will keep up with yours your doing well with it

12. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    Long chapter - full on space battle.

----------------
    Chapter 7
    ----------------
    ?General, we?re receiving a hail from the lead Borg cube.?

?WE ARE THE BORG; LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS; WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN; YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US; RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.?

?Target that lead cube and fire, Lieutenant.? Kirk ordered, gritting his teeth. He turned and strode to the weapons station. ?Make sure to modulate the frequency of your turbolasers, or else the Borg will adapt very quickly. We must hold them off until the rest of our fleet arrives.?

?Right away, General!?

?Keep us out of range as long as you can, helm.?

?Shall we deploy the fighters, General?? Commander Vorth asked.

?No, Mr. Vorth. Not yet, we will keep them in reserve until the Borg no longer feel the sting of the bigger ships.?

?Sensors indicate the fleet is reverting to realspace, General.?

?The more the merrier, Captain Brier.? He looked up at the window to see at least 30 Borg cubes emerge from warp. ?I didn?t mean them.? he muttered to himself.

?We are almost at coordinates 06075, Captain.? Wesley reported. The remainder of the fleet was slightly behind them.

?Slow to 3/4 impulse, Wesley. Worf, program a spread of torpedos with varying yields and frequencies.?

?I have already done so, Captain.?

Riker whistled upon seeing the lone Super Star Destroyer currently at the battle site. ?That?s the ship they gave Kirk??

?Yes, Number One. I hope he knows what he?s doing.? Picard leaned forward. ?Come to course 60 mark 7, half impulse and fire all weapons at that cube the Alderaan is targetting.? The Enterprise turned in space, moved forward and opened up with a barrage of photon torpedos and phasers.

?Bring the heavy turbolasers to bear and fire all batteries, in a general spread!? Kirk ordered, walking between the various stations and terminals of the Command Level, the equivalent of his bridge. The various other Borg cubes had engaged the massive fleet the New Republic had sent, but the Alderaan had it?s hands full with three cubes.

?Aye, General.? The Alderaan unleashed enough firepower to annihiliate a fleet of Imperial class Star Destroyers. However, the Borg cubes merely took damage. Before Kirk and his crew?s stunned eyes, they began regenerating immediately.

?Target that cube and fire!? Picard yelled. Both the Enterprise and Alderaan began pouring weapons fire onto the lead cube, eventually succeeding in blowing it up. They then turned their sights on the other two.

?General, we blew out 2 heavy turbolaser cannons in the fight.?

?I hope this ship is as sturdy as she looks, Commander.? Kirk said, turning to Vorth.

?She?ll hold up, General.?

?She?d better.? He looked to the helm. ?Turn 25 degrees to port, target the cube currently firing on the Enterprise.?

?Evasive action, helm! 35 mark 9, full impulse!? Picard yelled. A Borg suddenly appeared on the bridge, and started grappling with Worf.

?You will not assmiliate me, you worthless petaQ!? Worf yelled, ducking under the Borg drone and throwing it into the bridge engineering station. Scotty then vaporized it with his phaser.

?Are ye all right, lad?? he asked.

?Yes, I am fine. Thank you, Captain Scott.?

?Modulate shield frequency!? Riker barked. ?How did that drone beam onto the ship?!?

?It was my fault, Commander. I took my eyes off the shield modulater for a wee second.? Scotty said. ?It will not happen again.?

?See that it doesn?t, Captain Scott!? Picard barked.

?Keep modulating those turbo lasers!? Kirk barked. He watched in stunned silence as a group of four Borg cubes utterly overwhelmed a SSD. They didn?t destroy it, however, and Kirk got a sinking feeling in his stomach.

?Alert the fleet to concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer.? Kirk ordered.

?General??

?ALERT THE FLEET TO CONCENTRATE ALL FIRE ON THAT SUPER STAR DESTROYER, LIEUTENANT!? Kirk barked harshly. ?NOW!?

?Y?yes General.?

?

13. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ----------------
    Chapter 8
    ----------------
    The 3 remaining Super Star Destroyers had formed similar convoys as the Alderaan, each with 4 starships as escorts and at least 40 X-wings, split into two evenly numbered groups on each flank. As the Borg armada approached, and the familiar ?Resistance is futile.? speech sounded on each ship of the combined Starfleet/New Republic fleet, every ship opened fire, pouring hundreds of thousands of kilotons of energy into each cube. Ruptures opened up on every target, but were regenerated almost instantly.

Return salvos from the Borg cubes were devastating to the fleet, having been in battle for over 48 hours with no chance to affect any material repairs to their ships.

?Captain?s Log, Stardate 45789.3. The Enterprise, as well as every other ship in the Starfleet/New Republic alliance have been on the front lines of this war for well over 2 days now, and have only destroyed 72.8% of Borg vessels. With their ability to regenerate shields and weapons, I fear they will last us out and then overrun Coruscant. If this log survives me, I wish my highest commendations to be given to Ensign Wesley Crusher, Captain Hikaru Sulu, Lieutenant Commander William Riker, Lieutenant Worf, Captain Montgomery Scott, Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge, Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi, and Doctors Beverly Crusher and Leonard McCoy.?

?Captain, sensors are picking up vessels approaching on an intercept course, from behind the Borg cubes at high warp.? Worf reported. ?And the Alderaan as well as Home One are hailing us.?

?They most likely have picked up what you have, Worf.? Picard said.

?Ships are also approaching us from behind, Captain.? Sulu reported. ?It appears to be one Eclipse class and five Republic class Star Destroyers.?

?Reinforcements!? Riker exclaimed.

?More then likely it is the Coruscanti defense fleet, Number One.?

The Alderaan and it?s sister ships, the Eclipse class Defender and Avenger, and their convoys laid down cover fire, allowing the Coruscanti fleet time to enter the battle, which once more looked winnable.

?Those look like Starfleet ships behind the Borg, General!? Vorth exclaimed.

?And Klingon, if I?m not mistaken. Spock you old devil, you got us a second wave of reinforcements! All right, gunners let the Borg have it!? Kirk said. The Alderaan leapt forward with her flanking force, opening up with everything they had left.

?Target those cubes facing us and fire!? Admiral Johnson, in command of the USS Sovereign, NX-90201, ordered the 66 ship fleet of Starfleet and Klingon ships. It was, to date, the largest fleet ever assembled by anyone in the Alpha Quadrant, and from the looks of the battle site, every single ship would be needed. The Borg cubes began to virtually ignore the New Republic fleet behind them, as the New Republic fleet moved off, instead choosing to concentrate on the Alpha Quadrant fleet in front of them.

?Captain?s log, Stardate 45789.4. To my delight, but not surprise, Spock has managed to secure our victory over the Borg. In the last few minutes, a fleet of no less then 60 ships has appeared directly behind the Borg, allowing us to affect repairs on the Alderaan and all surrounding ships. Reinforcements have also appeared from Coruscant, with one Eclipse class and five Republic class destroyers emerging into the battle. Our initial battle fleet, which had numbered upwards of 60, had been worn down to 3 Super Star Destroyers, 7 smaller destroyers, 12 starships, and around 80 X-wings. Morale among my crew had fallen prior to the reinforcements arrival, but now I feel confident we will emerge victorious.?

?Captain Picard is contacting us, General.? Pollas reported.

?I?ll take it in my quarters, Lieutenant. Alert me the second the Borg start attacking us and stop attacking them.? Kirk strode off the command level, paused, then turned around. ?Oh yes, and gather our remaining X-wings in the hangar. I believe we should be able to handle the remainder of the battle without them.? he headed back off the command

14. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    Good update

15. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ----------------
    Chapter 9
    ----------------

?Sensor readings!? Kirk snapped.

?Life support systems are dead, shields are non-existant, weapons are offline. In short, I don?t see how anyone could?ve survived.?

?Vorth, prepare a shuttle, we?re going aboard.? Kirk said, staring out the window at his beloved starship.

?Sir, didn?t you hear? The chances of anyone?? Vorth began.

?That?s my ship, Vorth, and we?re going aboard her.? Kirk snapped, his eyes blazing. A myriad of emotions flashed across Vorth?s face, ending with a sympathetic glance at Kirk before he nodded.

?I understand completely, sir. Lets go.? They made their way to the hangar, and got into the same shuttle which had delivered them to the Alderaan. Kirk sat at the control panel, and as they approached the ship, he input a coded sequence which opened the shuttlebay doors from the outside. Vorth guided the shuttle into the bay, and as soon as it came to a halt, Kirk opened the doors and raced off towards the bridge. Vorth tried to follow as best he could, being unfamiliar with the layout of any Starfleet ships.

?Sir, slow down!? he yelled finally.

?Find a turbolift and get to deck one!? Kirk yelled back, not bothering to slow down. He himself got into a turbolift and headed for the bridge. He disembarked the lift and hurdled the railing, checking for a pulse on Spock and Chekov. He found one, but it was very very weak. He made his way to communications, gently moving Uhura out of the way.

?This is General James T Kirk, aboard the USS Enterprise A, we?ve lost life support, shields and weapons, we require immediately transport of our crew to a medical facility.?

At that moment, Vorth arrived on the bridge, looked around, then went to Kirk?s side.

?Stay here, wait for a reply.? Kirk said, walking across the bridge to the engineering station. He got onto his back and looked into the guts of the station, groaning as he saw the tangled mess of wires and circuits.

?Hell of a time for Spock to channel Scotty.? He muttered to himself, nonetheless opening up the access panel and going to work, trying to reroute life support controls to the station.

?Enterprise A, this is the USS Sovereign, Admiral Johnson commanding. We are on our way, stand by.?

?This is Commander Vorth of the SSD Alderaan, I suggest you hurry, Admiral, it looks as if these people have been without life support for at least 20 minutes.? A stream of curses sounded from the bridge engineering station as Kirk got a sizable electric shock for his troubles. He got up shaking his hands.

?I managed to restore partial life support for the bridge.? He reported. ?That should keep us from following in their footsteps until the cavalry arrives.? Suddenly, everyone on the bridge was caught in a transporter beam, and when Kirk?s eyes cleared, he was in the absolutely massive sick bay of the USS Sovereign.

?Do you require treatment, Captain?? Doctor Nichols asked.

?No, the crew of the Enterprise A?there were more personell??

?We?re beaming them aboard, Captain. You needn?t worry.?

?Jim, are you alright?? Johnson asked, walking into sick bay.

?Yes, quite?alright, Sarah. I?m not sure what Spock was thinking, though, shutting all life support off throughout the ship.?

?General, if you?ll not be needing me any further, I?d like to get back to the Alderaan.? Vorth interjected.

?Go, Jim. You commanded that vessel to perfection during the war, you should ?ride her home? as you?ve done so many times before.? Sarah put in. ?I?ll escort you to Transporter Room 4.?

?Don?t worry, Captain Kirk, we?ll take very good care of your crew.? Nichols put in. Kirk whistled as they walked along the corridors.

?So this is the Sovereign class starship I?ve been hearing so many rumors about. She?s very impressive.?

?Yes, she?d been kept a secret, but this was to be one of our answers against the Borg.?

?How did she handle during the battle??

?Well, there are still many kinks to be worked out, and some battle damage to be repaired, but for bein

16. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    Nice job Tejdog i am enjoying it

17. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ----------------
    Chapter 10
    ----------------

Coruscant was a city encompassing a planet, and as such, was used to seeing all manner of spacecraft in orbit, and descending into the atmosphere, however, on this day, an observer on Coruscant could look into the sky and see at least 30 distinctly shaped craft, some obviously not of this universe. Such was the result after a near 5 day fight with enemy invaders from another universe.

?We are in orbit, Captain.? Wesley reported.

?The Millennium Falcon stands ready to beam us to their ship for the trip to the surface.? Worf said.

?Delta Shift, to the bridge!? Riker ordered. As the bridge cleared of Alpha Shift, Picard looked at his crew, intermixed with Kirk?s, and smiled. The Borg would be licking their wounds for quite a while after this battle.

?A great many Republicans died today, Jean-Luc.? McCoy commented, seeing the Captain?s smile. ?As well as Starfleet officers. It was victory, but it came at a very high price.?

?Most victories usually do, Doctor.?

?Commander Vorth, you?re with me. As I understand it, the rest of you are free to relax aboard the Alderaan. A replacement crew should be boarding soon, and the ship will be going on patrol in the Mid-Rim.? Kirk said. He and Vorth made their way back to the hangar, and Vorth once more piloted the shuttle, this time heading for the Jedi Temple.

?I will be taking command of the Alderaan, General.?

?They promoted you, then.?

?No, General. I was the commander of the Alderaan prior to the battle with the Borg. Chancellor Organa-Solo felt having the flagship commanded by someone with more experience would serve us well, and she was right.? Vorth paused, looking at Kirk. ?It is not often I find myself in this position, General, but I wish I could serve under you. You are an able commander, and unquestionably loyal to your crew, as evidenced by your instantaneous decision to board the Enterprise A.?

?I?ve found in my experience that any loyalty you show to your crew will, in most circumstances, be reflected back at you a hundred fold when you need it. And trust me, Commander Vorth, if you intend a career in space, you will need it.? Vorth banked the shuttle, landing on one of the pads at the Temple. Kirk stood up and shook Vorth?s hand.

?It was a pleasure, General.?

?The pleasure was all mine, Commander. May you find the wind at your back on your journey.? Kirk disembarked, walking over to the side entrance to the Temple.

?Master Skywalker has instructed us to escort any Starfleet officers to the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Please follow us.?

?I recognize you?? Kirk said, as he followed the human male.

?I was one of the two students of Master Skywalker who attended to you after the Millennium Falcon brought you here following the mini-battle of Corellia.?

?Ah, then I owe you my life. Your name??

?Corran Horn. And you owe me nothing, Captain Kirk. You saved my homeworld from assimilation through your actions. It is I who owe you.? Kirk turned his smile onto Corran.

?Lets call it even.? He held out his hand, and Corran took it.

?Why does Luke want the senior Starfleet officers here, and not at New Republic Headquarters?? Kirk asked.

?I believe so that each side can commiserate with their comrades and determine how many casualties they took.?

?I see, that seems very logical.? Kirk whistled as they entered the Room of a Thousand Fountains. ?Very tranquil.? He commented.

?That was the desired affect, Captain Kirk.? Luke said, walking over. ?The Force requires us to be in perfect tranquility during meditation.?

?I?m sorry, the Force?? Kirk asked.

?Ah yes, you were incapacitated when I explained to your fellow officers. The Force is an energy field between all living things. It connects us, surrounds us, and binds us. Certain people in this universe can touch, or use, this energy field. Broadly defined, we are Force-users. Predominantly two categories exist, Jedi and Sith. Jedi use the force?s light side, and Sith the dark side. One can nurtu

18. tejdog1

Jan 11, 2008
    ----------------
    Chapter 11
    ----------------

?Captain?s Log, Stardate 45803.9. The Starfleet/New Republic get together went off without a hitch, and I feel positive that diplomatic relations will be the eventual outcome. My crew is well rested, having had the last 72 hours to themselves.? Picard paused, then smiled to himself. ?I feel certain that my crew, or Kirk?s, have no knowledge of what it to come as we conclude our first trip into the Epsilon Beta 12 Galaxy.?

?Why exactly are we beaming all our crew down to Coruscant, Captain?? Riker asked.

?I think everyone deserves a little shore leave, don?t you, Will??

?Yes but ?? Picard smiled.

?Don?t argue, Will, just go.? Picard prodded Riker in the back, and the two left the bridge of the Enterprise D. Picard turned after Riker got into the turbolift. He sighed, then followed his first officer.

?Shuttlebay 2.? Riker said, and the lift engaged.

?You look sad, Captain.?

?No, not sad, Will. Reflective. The Borg have taken much from us. A little payback was long overdue.?

?Why do I get the feeling you know something I don?t?? he didn?t get an answer.

?What's this all about?? McCoy asked grumpily.

?Hell if I know. All I know is that Admiral Johnson and Admiral Gelancia basically ordered me, and my command crew to gather at the New Republic Plaza at 1000 hours.? Kirk said, shrugging. ?I can?t imagine they?d give me a Sovereign class ship when I?ve explicitly told them time and time again I wouldn?t disrespect Picard and his crew like that.?

?Logically, Leia must have told Starfleet hierarchy about your ? idea of a mission here. Perhaps they wish to ? see us on our way??

?To what end, Spock? We would still need a ship.?

?Vhat mission?? Chekov asked.

?Only 32% of this galaxy is mapped.? Spock said. ?We would serve a dual purpose, as a police force, and as a vessel for exploration here. And of course, be on call should we be needed in the Alpha Quadrant.?

?I will, of course, leave it up to each individual. You?ve all done more then enough for Starfleet during your careers, we all have. If you don?t wish to reenlist onboard whatever ship we end up getting, you are under no pressure to do so.? Kirk said.

?Jim, I think I speak for all of us when I say this. We would follow you to the depths of hell and back.? McCoy said, looking around at his friends. Everyone nodded.

?Captain Kirk? I assume you got the same communiqué we did. Do you know what?s going on?? Riker asked, joining their group. With him was Captain Picard.

?Aside from speculation, no.?

?Here comes Admiral?s Johnson and Gelancia, maybe we?ll get some answers now.? Riker said, pointing to them.

?Ladies and gentlemen, I?m sure you?re wondering why we?ve called you all here. Please, follow us.? Admiral Johnson said, leading them into the Plaza.

?Sarah, what?s this all about?? Jim asked, quickening his pace to reach her.

?Jim, be patient. Everything will be revealed in time.? That was not the answer Kirk had wanted.

?Sarah, I hope you ??

?Don?t worry so much, Jim.? She responded. They reached an office, and after a brief chat with the guards at the door, the group was granted entrance.

?Thank you for coming.? Leia said. ?Lets get right down to business. I?ve spoken to General Solo, and he agrees that having a deep space exploration vessel would be an asset to the New Republic. Captain Kirk has expressed ? doubts, mostly surrounding his crew?s acclimation to their ? most unusual circumstances. Before we continue this meeting, I would ask each of you: have you reconciled those doubts??

?I said this outside, and I?ll say it again. We would follow Captain Kirk to the depths of hell and back.?

?And this isn?t misguided loyalty, is it, Doctor?? Picard asked. ?Reenlisting in Starfleet is a big step.? Spock cleared his throat.

?I believe that our decision was arrived at through a logical means. Our loyalty, as you put it, is certainly not misguided. To presume otherwise would be insulting.?

?And as for telling us what i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.