main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Past Revisited (AU, Obi/Ani, Cerasi; between TPM and AOTC) Updated 4/22!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Just a note to let you know that my mom is still lingering on. I know that there is a reason, but at the same time, it's so hard to watch. I appreciate your thoughts and kinds words and I just wanted to let you know that I'm still writing and you should have an updated on this story by the weekend. Thank you for everything!

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You WOULDN'T kill Obi would you?? :_| :eek:

Another great update and I hope you get to update again soon. :D

=D=

3. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Awesome story! I just found it and couldn't stop reading :D

Could you please add me to your PM list?[face_praying]

PS: You really like cliffhangars, don't you? [face_frustrated]

4. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    AAAAAAHH! Just when it looks like Cerasi might give Obi the antidote- there is no more antidote!!!
    [face_worried][face_worried]

But I'm sure they'll figure out something, because you wouldn't kill off Obi... Right? [face_worried]

Excellent work! =D=

5. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I've just finished reading most of your fics over the last couple weeks. I don't read fics here much anymore, and it is good to get a reminder of why I used to spend so much time here! I enjoy your interpretation of Obi-Wan, whether it is as a Padawan or as Anakin's Master. His interactions with his friends, especially, seem very true to his character.

It is great to enjoy the JA and JQ timelines as they should have run, with masterful writing and all the best elements and characters we have those timelines to thank for, like Bant, Siri, Garen and all the rest. Thank you for choosing to bring these stories to us, even at what I can tell is a difficult time in your life. Best wishes!

If you maintain a PM list for this story, please add me to it.

6. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    Oh my, what do you mean by "it'll soon be over for her"?
    But your post was just as spectacular, suspenseful, and spell-binding.

7. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    VaderLVR64: Me? Kill Obi? Not in this story...Thanks so much for reading and the next post is on its way!

GeneralKenobi: I am kind of partial to cliffhangers! LOL I'll be happy to add you to the list. Thanks for asking.

wolf_kenobi: I promise I won't kill Obi...I'm not making promises about anyone else though...LOL Thanks so much for reading.

Thalia_Nox: [face_blush] I'm honored by your kind words. I'm so glad that you're enjoying my stories and I'd be happy to add you to the PM list.

mujapple-juicey: Thank you.

Thanks for your patience. Now, that my computer is fixed, there shouldn't be any delays in posting. Hope you enjoy the next post. Also, here is the current PM list. Please let me know if you want to added or removed. Thanks.

Current PM list:

Valairy_Scot
    VaderLVR64
    wolf_kenobi
    Gkilkenny
    Jinngerbread
    KELIA
    all_othr_nams_tkn
    Obi-Odd13
    Bastet
    charie
    bek
    timerift22
    EGKenobi
    Jedi_Perigrine
    Ocelotl_Nesto
    Helen_Taft
    Lolly_Tolly
    Kenobism
    GeneralKenobi7
    Thalia_Nox

Now, on with the story...

Part 14

Anakin Skywalker did not wait for an invitation to enter the sanctuary of Healer Rylor. The teen smiled to himself as the healer?s expression turned from confusion to outrage to fear. As a Jedi, he knew that he shouldn?t take pride that he could evoke such a myriad of emotions from a foe, but with his Master?s life at stake, he didn?t want to take time to meditate on his inappropriate feelings.

?Is there something that I can do for you?? the healer nervously inquired.

Anakin?s gaze narrowed. He did not have time for pleasantries with this man. The only words he wanted to hear come out of Healer Rylor?s mouth were the ones that told him that there was indeed an antidote to save his Master.

?The antidote,? Anakin demanded, not wasting words.

?The antidote?? Rylor stood up and moved behind his chair. Anakin was aware of the fact the healer was trying to put some more distance between them.

?I don?t believe I stuttered, Healer Rylor. Cerasi has informed me that there is no more antidote and I want to know if that is true.?

?I?um?I?m not sure I know what you?re talking about.?

Anakin shoved the chair out of his way and took a menacing step towards Rylor. ?I think you do.?

?I told him that we didn?t have any more antidote,? Cerasi explained.

?She?s right,? Rylor conceded. ?I??

?Then you make some more,? Anakin growled.

?It?s not that easy.?

?Why not??

?I have to have the antibodies from someone who has survived the disease and since no one ever survives, well you can see my dilemma.?

?So, no one has ever survived??

?No.?

Anakin ran his hand through his short spikes. ?You mean to tell me that you all engineered a virus and gave it to the Outlanders without making an antidote to protect yourselves.?

?We had an antidote, but I discovered that it is only potent for 48 hours. If the person isn?t treated within that time frame, then the antidote is useless.?

?I can?t believe that you waged biological warfare without a plan to save yourselves. I want the truth and I want it now!?

Anakin was beyond angry. He was furious. This man who was supposed to help people was trying to give him the runaround about the antidote. The Force was telling him that the healer was lying. Now, all he had to do was prove it.

?There isn?t any antidote!? Rylor protested as he took a step away from the irate Padawan.

The teen backed the healer into the nearest corner. ?I don?t believe you.? He heard Cerasi gasp at his sharp tone. Anakin ignored her as she tried to reason with him. He pulled her arm out of her grasp and pinned the healer against the wall.

?Tell me the truth,? Anakin barked.

?Anakin, don?t,? Cerasi pleaded. ?He?s telling the truth.?

Looking over his shoulder at her, Anakin replied, ?You?ve done nothing but lie to us since we got here, so you?ll understand if I don?t believe you either.?

?Anakin, I..?

?Enough! Now

8. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Oooooo the mystery gets curioser and curiouser! Great post, you really made those characters spring to life! Well done!

9. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Great work! I really [face_love] the chapter:D
    I just hope they'll all be all right [face_worried] What is Cerasi going to do with Anakin now I wonder?

Thanks for the PM!:*

10. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Double post[face_blush] sorry :( :oops:

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hugs for Obi, and Bant, and the little girl...and Cerasi. The girl's finally woken up!

Wonderful update!

12. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    OOH.. three cool points... Nuli (Do I see Medschool in her future?)
    Cerasi... improvements in lifestyle
    Anakin... realizes judgement clouded by anger... just before getting shot. I wonder if he will remember this lesson.

13. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post! =D=

Finally, Cerasi is really making a stand and doing what she knows is right. Way to go! [face_dancing] Hopefully the new antidote will be made in time, and they can come to an agreement so that it can be used to help the outlanders as well.

Looking forward to more!

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?He will never agree,? Rylor warned.

?I think he will.?

?How are you going to get Bak?tol to agree??

This time, Cerasi smiled. ?I have my ways??

Uh oh. [face_worried] That sounds ominous...

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Anakin Skywalker did not wait for an invitation to enter the sanctuary of Healer Rylor.

How out of character :p

I'm glad to see Cerasi finally doing something to help Obi.

I just hope she isn't too late...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Great chapter. =D= The plot thickens. Please update soon.

17. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    A very interesting addition, this was. One wonders where they got the antidote in the first place, if someone must survive the plague before it can be made. However, it does sound like Bak'tol may have survived it, so perhaps that was the origional source. Still sounds funny, though, because Rylor doesn't seem to act as though Bak'tol were the source of the antidote. Most curious.

18. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    More mysteries! Gah! You are driving up the wall with all these cliffhangers! But I guess that is every writers goal. Just remember, if I go crazy,8-} I won't be able to enjoy your wonderful fics.[face_batting]

I hope Cerasi's plan, whatever it is, works. Poor Obi needs the antidote now!

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It's about time Cerasi came to her senses.:oops:
    I hope she's not too late.[face_worried]
    She wont be, because the author wouldn't let Obi-Wan die ....

Would you?O:)

=D=

20. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Garen best hurry in his search for Anakin. [face_worried]

?He will never agree,? Rylor warned.

?I think he will.?

?How are you going to get Bak?tol to agree??

This time, Cerasi smiled. ?I have my ways??

It sounds as though Cerasi may be tired of following in Bak'tol's footsteps. Perhaps she has rediscovered that she has a mind of her own. o_O

Whatever the reason for her sudden desire to stand up and take action, I hope she's doing this for Obi-Wan as well as the others who are sick from this terrible virus.

Great job with this; I'm looking forward to more!

21. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Curious

I have a weird feeling that things are going to get very, very messy very very soon.

In other words: There will be a Nor'easter

22. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ack! How in the world did I miss the two posts before this one?! :oops: I'm so sorry! :_| But let me just say all the posts I just read were excellent! :D

Poor Obi-Wan, he's so sick. :( Please don't let him die! :_|

I was so glad that Garen was there for Obi, they're such good friends. [face_love] Now I hope he can find Anakin and make sure he's okay.

So Bak'tol is the key to the antidote? [face_thinking] I hope Cerasi can get from him what she needs.

But even if they do get the antidote, isn't it too late for Obi, since he was infected more than 48 hours ago? [face_worried] I hope I'm wrong! :_|

23. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Things can never go simply can they? Hopefully Obi can get some help soon. Poor Obi though :(

Can you PLEASE add me to the pm list?

24. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    JediPerigrine: Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate you reading this story!

GeneralKenobi7: You are very welcome. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. As for Cerasi, you'll just have to wait and see.

Valairy_Scot: Yep, Cerasi finally woke up, but will it be too late? Thanks so much for reading, my dear friend.

Ocelotl_Nesto:Three very good points you made...we'll just have to see if they pan out. Thanks for reading.

wolf_kenobi:Thanks so much. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Things are getting ready to come to a head. Stay tuned!

VaderLVR64: Ominous...I like that word...Ominous. [face_devil]

KELIA: LOL...yeah, I thought it was a bit OOC as well. Not! Thanks for reading.

charie: An update is on its way!

Thalia_Nox: I like to keep you guessing! Thanks for reading.

p_stotts: You? Go crazy? No way...Of course, if you did, you would know how I feel after reading one of your infamous cliffhangers! Thanks, my friend.

Gkilkenny: I couldn't let Obi die...now who knows about my evil muse?

bek: Cerasi had definitely come around, but I'm not sure if it's in time. Thanks for reading.

LadyMisty: A Nor'eastern indeed! Thanks for reading and get ready for that storm!

Bastet: Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. Stay tuned because Obi gets some much needed inspiration.

Ganki: Simple? Where's the fun in that? LOL I'd be happy to add you to the PM list.
    Thanks for asking.

The next part is almost ready to post. Thanks so much for your patience and I hope that it will be worth the wait!

25. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Here's the next post. I must apologize to the fact that I don't have time to send PM's right now--I have to go to a Sithly meeting. Anyway, hope you enjoy the post!

Part 15

The heat was oppressive as he watched the two swordsmen wield their weapons in an intricate dance of attack and counterattack. Hatred was radiating from the first man while the second man was shadowed by the aching heart that comes from betrayal. Blow after blow was delivered as the two of them fought with everything they had. Each one set on destroying the other, but for different reasons. One wanted peace and the other wanted destruction.

He would occasionally yell out words of caution at the older of the two during the fight, urging him to use the Force and not to feed into his opponent?s anger. As he continued watching the two of them fight, he felt a familiar presence beside him. Qui-Gon!

There had been many days that he had so desperately wanted to hear Qui-Gon?s voice. There were many times when he had wanted to seek his Master?s Council, but could not. Now, he was here beside him, watching this duel to the death.

?Master! What are you doing here?? Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if he believed that his former Master was actually sitting beside him, talking to him.

?My Obi-Wan, I?m here because you need me,? the apparition replied.

?I?ve always needed you.?

Obi-Wan smiled when Qui-Gon gave his shoulder a gently squeeze. ?You are a far greater Jedi than I ever was, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon stated. ?You have so much more to do.?

?I know.?

?Then why aren?t you fighting??

?I am.?

?Are you? Can you honestly tell me that you are fighting this illness with every fiber of your being?? the elder Jedi pressed.

Obi-Wan sighed. ?I?m so tired, Master.?

?I know. That is why I?m here. I?m here so that you can draw from my strength.?

?But, how??

?You?ll figure it out. Remember what you?re fighting for, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon encouraged. ?Not only are you fighting for yourself and the people on this planet, but you are fighting for Anakin.?

?I?ll try,? the ailing Jedi agreed.

?If Master Yoda was here, he would whack you with his gimer stick. Now, fight, Obi-Wan, as you?ve never fought before.?

?Master??

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan swallowed nervously. He had wanted to ask his Master something for a long time. ?Why didn?t you wait for me? On Naboo, why didn?t you wait??

?It was my time, Obi-Wan. But, this is not your time.?

Obi-Wan looked back out at the dual that continue to wage. ?Is that to be my fate??

Qui-Gon shrugged. ?The future is always in motion, young one.?

?Standard Jedi answer to everything,? Obi-Wan mumbled.

?One that you have given to Anakin many times.?

?I know.?

?You must choose. Fight or die.?

Obi-Wan weakly smiled at his Master. ?I choose to fight.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan opened his eyes to find that he was alone. Sweat drenched his body as he began to shiver violently. Pain continued to coarse through his muscles as he could no longer hold in the meager contents of his stomach. He felt cool gentle hands turning him over on his side to ensure that he did not choke on his own vomit.

?Just breathe through it, Obi,? Bant quietly urged.

He clenched his jaw against the pain. ?Force, it?hurts.?

?I know. Just relax while I clean you up.?

Obi-Wan shook his head from side to side. ?No. Don?t want?you to do?that.?

?It?s not like it?s the first time, Obi.? He leaned into her palm as she wiped his face with a cool rag. ?Don?t you remember that night that you, Garen, and Reeft found Master Gallia?s stash of Corellian Brandy??

?Don?t remind me. I?m sick?enough.?

?Then shut up and let me take care of you.?

The Jedi Master nodded as he closed his eyes. As she changed his bedclothes and sheets, he fought the urge to cry out in pain. He had to fight this! Obi-Wan knew that he couldn?t rely on an antidote and he had to rely on his own sheer determination and the Force.

?I can?t give you another sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.