1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Beyond The Path of Dreams --LotF AU--B/J, J/J/Z, Jacen,-SFFA 2007 Best Romance--COMPLETED: 01/10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/pathofdreamscolor.png]
    Coverart by FalconFan and coloration by BigFatty.
    Thanks guys...

Title: The Path of Dreams
    (working title had been Dragon Call)
    Originally started as my 2006 NaNo project.
    Best Romance, 2007 Fanfic Awards

Author: Flowerlady

Timeframe: Legacy of the Force/ Post-LotF

Genre: AU, Drama, Angst, Dark, Romance

Warnings: Uses personal and known Legacy speculation along with numerous spoilers from the Legacy of the Force book series and the Legacy Comic series.

Disclaimer: The universe and the characters belong to George Lucas and/or the authors who created them. I can only lay a slight claim on the original characters and the plot bunnies that brought about this story.

Dramatis Personae: (association is at time of introduction into the story)
    Alema Rar, Twi'lek female, Sith Assassin
    Alexandria Winger, human female, Jedi Knight
    Allana Djo, human female, Hapan Princess
    Allia Judday, human female, Lieutenant Rogue Squadron
    Alema Rar, Twi'lek female, Sith Assassin
    Ben Skywalker, human male, Jedi Apprentice
    Booster Terrik, human male, Captain Errant Venture
    Cha Niathal, Mon Calamari female, Chief of State GFFA
    Corran Horn, human male, Jedi Master
    Darth Krayt, human male, Sith Lord
    Darth Troddeln, human male, Sith Lord
    Dur Gejjen, human male, Head of State, Corellia
    Gavin Darklighter, human male, Supreme Commander GA Defense Force
    Han Solo, human male, General Corellian Defense Forces
    Jacen Solo, human male, Jedi Master, Colonel Galactic Alliance Guard
    Jagged Fel, human male, Imperial Admiral
    Jaina Solo, human female, Jedi Knight, Major Rogue Squadron
    Jysella Horn, human female, Jedi Apprentice
    Kam Solusar, human male, Jedi Master
    Kyle Katarn, human male, Jedi Master
    Kyp Durron, human male, Jedi Master
    Leia Organa Solo, human female, Jedi Knight
    Lon Shevu, human male, Major Galactic Alliance Guard
    Luke Skywalker, human male, Grand Master of the Jedi
    Lumiya, human/cyborg female, Lady of the Sith
    Mara Jade Skywalker, human female, Jedi Master
    Masen Krieg, human male, Admiral, Second Imperial Fleet
    Mirax Horn, human female, Captain of the Pulsar Skate
    Qing Niao (Vongerella), Yuuzhan Vong female, Sith Acolyte
    Soontir Fel, human male, Imperal Baron, Advisor to the Moffs? Council
    Syal Antilles, human female, Commander Corellian Defense Forces
    Tahiri Veila, human female, Jedi Knight
    Valin Horn, human male, Jedi Knight, Lieutenant Rogue Squadron
    Wedge Antilles, human male, Admiral Corellian Defense Forces
    Zane Skywalker, human child
    Zekk, human male, Jedi Knight, Lt. Colonel Rogue Squadron
    Possibly others that will be added as they are introduced

Summary:
    After two years, the galaxy is still locked in civil war. Jacen Solo has achieved Sith Mastery and is using many pawns to garner as much power as he can. Ben Skywalker is a young Lieutenant in GAG and is apprenticed to Jedi Master Jacen Solo, esteemed Jedi Council member and an up and coming officer. Jysella Horn is finishing up her Apprenticeship with Mara Skywalker and is trying to come to terms with her feelings for her younger best friend. However, Love wins out and the two young lovers enter a relationship that is far from accepted by family and friends. Spurred by his love for Jysella, Ben will eventually make a decision that could destroy the Galaxy.

Meanwhile, Grand Admiral Jagged Fel is positioning himself to become the new Emperor of the Galactic Empire. Jaina Solo, her fiancé and Jedi partner, Zekk, and Valin Horn try to figure out where they belong as they face a fateful battle that will change all of their lives and the future of the Galaxy. While the fate of the Jedi falls on the shoulders of a pair of very unlikely compatriots.

Sequel: The Winding Pa
  2. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! This is getting off to a great start!
    PM me when more comes around, please!

*Also, don't forget to PM the Jagged_Fel_Index your entry for this 'fic!* [face_batting]

CWFM!

MTFBWY,

C @};- S

PS: Today is the day for acronyms, eh? :p
  3. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
  4. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    the name caught my eye & lo & behold, it was another Flowerlady story!! :)

Looks like a great start, though, I must agree, you are a bit on the crazy side. :p
    good luck with completing the goal.

I'll (hopefully) keep an eye on this :)
  5. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for reading everyone!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 1~
    42 ABY

Public Landing Strip 156EP, Coruscant

He licked his dry lips and looked over at the older man beside him. Major Shevu was kneeling down beside the young Jedi and looking out over the barrier of old plasteel packing cartons that was their only cover from the enemy. Ben looked back at the scene and swallowed anxiously. He hadn?t slept well the night before and after eighteen hours of chaos that led to staking out the holed up terrorists inside the old Corellian freighter, which wasn?t all that different from his uncle?s ship the Milennium Falcon, he was beginning to feel exhausted.

The Galactic Alliance Guard, GAG, was deployed after a group of Corellians and Bothans sabotaged the main city computer system of Eastport, which affected many of the government operations of the city-planet. Eastport was one of the most populated and influential areas of Coruscant. Many of the galaxy?s leaders resided in this area. With the central computer down, power to over ten million beings was lost. The systems that controlled sewer and water were also shut down, as was communications. While that in itself halted a major portion of the population, it was only a cover for the terrorist to perform their most sinister of deeds. The explosion of three crude baradium bombs near the Senate Building shocked the planet to a standstill and set the galaxy reeling. Nearly five thousand people lost their lives and another four thousand were injured in the explosion, including some of the most important people in the galaxy, especially Chief of State Cal Omas.

Now the GAG was watching the ship that was believed to be the getaway vehicle for the thugs responsible for this horrendous action. Several teams were set up all over the public landing strip to watch the ship and were waiting for orders from their commander, Colonel Jacen Solo. The war between the Galactic Alliance and Corellia had been brutal since the first opening shots, but this had to be the worst action so far against the civilian populace of Coruscant. Since those opening shots two years ago, Corellia had been receiving increased support from other governments, who also felt the Galactic Alliance government was becoming too much like that of the Empire. Corellia?s main allies were the Bothans and the Imperial Remnant, but they also received support from Hapes, Kuat, and many other planets who didn?t like sanctions placed on the right to have their own militaries.

Ben and his partner, Major Lon Shevu, were at the closest vantage point to the ship, about 130 meters away. Lon looked over at his young partner and whispered, ?Getting anything??

Ben turned his attention back to the older military man. Shevu had originally been selected as Jacen Solo?s second-in-command, which he still was, but the one-time Coruscant Security officer had taken a special liking to the Colonel?s young apprentice. Ben swallowed again and shook his head. He had a special knack for feeling out bad situations. Lon had long ago learned to trust the boy?s intuitions. That trust had saved his life more than once.

?No,? Ben whispered in response as he turned back to watching the ship. He could feel the three humans and two Bothans. It was estimated that there had been more involved, but they had most likely perished in the blast.

Ben knew Lon was still watching him. He could feel the older man?s concern, as well as the murderous intent of those on the ship. Finally, he said quietly, so only Ben could hear, ?Not sleeping again??

Ben swallowed and looked down at his hands, which were folded before him, and shook his head. ?No? was his one word answer.

Lon looked away from the boy and nodded his head once, then after a moment of looking out over the permacrete tarmac he asked, ?Have you talked to the Colonel about this??

Ben just shook his black helmeted head.

Lon sighed and looked back at him, ?You should. This has been going on for months now. Every t
  6. padawanlost Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! I remember you saying you were going to do it, but I didn't think it would be here.

I love the start. Everything seems to be going just as the Sith wish it to. I won't be surprised at all to see some of your predictions come true as LotF unfolds.

Poor Ben giving in to his anger, but with Jacen there to guide him its only a matter of time. I'm starting to wonder more and more about which one of them is going to end up being the real bad guy.

From the title am I to assume you are going to tell us who the Krayt Dragon really is?

Regardless, I can't wait to tune in tomorrow =D=

Congratulations!
  7. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
  8. JainaJag14 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This looks very interesting. A new twist on the events of Legacy.

And I do think that you're a little bit crazy for attempting this. 50,000 words in 30 days? I could never do that. But this, I'll keep an eye on. If you can get to PM's, don't forget about me. But if not, I'll still be here.
  9. rebel_cheese Force Ghost

star 4
    This looks extremely cool. The nightmare was like something out of Matt Stover's worst nightmares . . .

Like JJ14 said, if you can support a PM list I'll take one. But if you can't, I think I can check every day or so and catch up. ;)
  10. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    so, this is definitely an interesting start. This is going to be entertaining, having something updated every day for 30 days :)

Great beginning. I really can't wait to see more.

And thanks for the PM, but if it ends up being that you can't send any at some point, then I'll make sure I don't miss this
  11. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a really great start, and I hope to see more soon. =D=

If it is possible, I'd like to be on your PM list. Thanks!
  12. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow!!! I have readers...Thanks so much everyone...[face_blush]
    :) [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 2~

The Villa Hotel, Senate District, Coruscant

He sat on the couch near a window that overlooked the destruction of the Senate Building and other government buildings. Jacen let his anger wash over him and he used it to give him strength. Three days had passed since the attack and he hadn?t slept well in those three days. He relished in its crackling power as it renewed and revitalized him. He viewed the still smoking rubble that had been the center of galactic power and continued to funnel the dark emotions through him. He still was fuming at the lack of security that had led to the attack, which had made the GA government a refugee in its own capital. Now, the great power that governed the GA had been forced to a private hotel that had been temporarily turned into the Senate headquarters.

Jacen looked back to the door on the far side of the spacious sitting area and wondered how much longer his wait would be. He then glanced around the room. The furnishings were functional and yet elegant. He knew that the temporary office had been determined by the Mon Cal Chief of State. The room boasted the couch he was sitting on and a few chairs with a low table. The only other furniture was a desk that had been placed at the main entrance where a secretary droid was busy fielding communications that were coming in for the new Chief of State.

Finally, he turned his attention back to the inner door and reached out to touch the occupants of the Chief?s office. He felt Niathal burn with an unwavering authority and determination. He also felt her grief at the loss of the lives of friends and colleagues, as well as the lives of the many thousands of other beings. Although Jacen knew the Mon Calamari Admiral had been hoping for the opportunity to occupy the office of Chief of State, he also knew she hadn?t wanted it to come about in this matter. However, he also knew she would use the situation to the best of her advantage.

The other presence was just as determined as the Chief of State. However, Jacen could feel the Admiral?s growing frustration as well. Cha Niathal wasn?t well liked among her subordinates and this man wasn?t any different. Jacen at first couldn?t believe the announcement that Niathal made immediately after her election and confirmation yesterday, but now he was certain that the Senate?s choice could work very well in his eventual plan.

Suddenly, the door slid open and Jacen stood up. As he did so, he took a deep breath and released some of the anger and frustration. The new Supreme Commander moved through the door and looked directly at Jacen. There was no pretence of friendliness in the older man?s face, but Jacen quickly saluted and said, ?Admiral Darklighter.?

Gavin Darklighter tossed off an obligatory return salute to the junior officer. Then he said evenly, ?Colonel Solo,? after which he simply turned to go. Jacen watched him as he moved past the desk to the exit doors. Jacen understood Darklighter?s animosity and knew what brought it about. The one-time Rogue Squadron pilot, who was a long time friend of the Solo/Skywalker families, felt that Jacen was responsible for the war. He felt that when Jacen fired on the transport that his sister refused to, that action began the war that now had been going on for over two years. Jacen also knew that Gavin was one of Jaina?s biggest supporting voices during her court-martial and that he was the main reason Jacen?s responsibility had been downgraded. After the attack during the Blockade of Corellia, Jacen was removed from command of Rogue Squadron and replaced with Zekk, who was promoted to the rank of Lt. Colonel. After Jaina was charged with the lesser charge of insubordination, rather than blatant refusal to carry out a direct order, she was demoted to major and returned to the Rogues to now fly under the command of her Jedi partner, fiancé and wing
  13. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
  14. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    congrats on your progress!!

I love how you have Jacen as a secret Sith. That's so cool.

And how Ben is somewhat following Jacen's footsteps.

And how Jysella is falling for him even though he's almost 4 years younger than her.

I enjoy that she's able to understand what people are feeling. I don't know if that's in the books or not, but I like how you have that
  15. padawanlost Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job! With 7000 in the bag this early you're doing great.

I love how giddy Jacen is to watch his his pieces fall into place. I don't like the idea of him getting any more unearned promotions, but I guess I'm not really supposed to like him, am I? ;)

I'm glad to see Jysella and Ben helping each other, but Ben's dream doesn't sound good. I'm nervous for her already. Don't break her heart Ben [face_shame_on_you] I'd really hate to think of him going to Jacen for advice too.

I'm worried to see how Jag deals with Jaina and Zekk...but I'm looking forward to it.

Can't wait for more =D=
  16. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    This was a fantastic chapter, I really love how you show the conflict in Jysella when it come to falling for Ben. =D=

Thank-you so much for the PM and I hope to see more soon. [:D]
  17. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, you are a machine to write that fast. The amazing thing is you have done a great job! I will definately check out the other version and I look forward to more.

18. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_blush] Sorry my reply is so late!

This is a great start FL . . =D=

I'm really liking it. :)

Jacen is definately following in his grandfather's footsteps! [face_devil] Its RotS all over again! :_| Sad but such a cool plot is it not!o_O

Ben is awesum! :D Only 15 and he's a fully-fit warrior!

Thanks for the PMs! [:D] Keep them coming!

Great story!;)
  19. RoseofRomance Jedi Padawan

Oh very good. I will hop in to see how this is taking shape!
  20. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Great update! (So sorry I'm late!)

I'm lovin' this! CWFM!
  21. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks so much for everyones support and commenting...You all have some every interesting perspectives on this story...

SITH_MAYO posted:
    Jacen is definately following in his grandfather's footsteps! Its RotS all over again! Sad but such a cool plot is it not!

Isn't it?...But is it just Jacen following in his grandfather's footsteps?...emmmm [face_thinking]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 3~

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Ben, not wanting to leave Jysella?s company, decided to take the extra thirty minutes and walked her to the Jedi Temple. At the main entrance, Jysella turned and looked up at her younger friend. ?Ben, promise me that you will tell Jacen about your dream.?

Ben flashed her a lopsided grin and impulsively reached out and tugged on her left braid as it laid over her shoulder. ?I promise.?

Jys wasn?t convinced and he knew it by the furrow in her brow. ?Promise on your heart.?

He snickered at her use of the old oath they had used as children. Laying his hand on his heart, he grinned as he swore, ?I promise on my heart.?
    She finally smiled and Ben felt his breath catch. Her green eyes danced and he thought she was the most beautiful girl in the galaxy. ?Good. I?ll hold you to it,? she said.

He continued to gaze into her eyes and she seemed as mesmerized as he was. She had always had a special place in the young boy?s heart, but over the past few years Jysella Horn occupied a large portion of Ben?s heart and dreams: day and night. He loved her. It was as simple as that.

Ben knew Jysella considered him too young for her, but he didn?t think the same way. She was only three years older than him, not ten or even five. From the research that he had done on his grandparents, he figured that Padmé Amidala was at least five years older than Anakin Skywalker, which didn?t stop them from being married and that was before Ben?s dad changed the rules and allowed the Jedi to marry.

Finally, Jysella broke the spell they were both under and quietly said, ?You had better be going.?

Ben swallowed and nodded absently. ?Yeah, I?d better, or Jace will be mad.?

However, instead of moving away, Ben reached up and brushed the backs of his fingers over her cheek, which brought a blush to her perfect face. Still gazing at each other, Ben felt his heart pound as he realized just how much he wanted to kiss her. Just once, just one kiss. He wanted to feel her lips on his. He wanted to show her that he wasn?t a kid, that despite his age he was a man. He wanted to dream of her, not of dreadful sand dunes in a place that he?d never been, nor a terrifying krayt dragon.

He leaned in and he watched as Jys?s eyes seemed to grow larger. He sensed her spike of fear, just as he had before his comlink so rudely interrupted him, but more than that he felt her desire for the same thing. He contacted the petal-soft lips and as he began to brush them with more pressure, she turned her head causing him to kiss the corner of her mouth and cheek instead.

He pulled away disappointed and tried to met Jysella?s eyes, but she wouldn?t look at him. ?Why did you do that, Jys? You have to know what I feel for you.?

She turned her suddenly moist eyes to him and whispered, ?Yes, but I can?t. Don?t you understand this, Ben??

He swallowed and turned away from her, and huffed, ?I understand that you think I?m still a kid who doesn?t know what he wants.?

She tried to touch his arm. ?Ben, I?m sorry, but....?

?No, I?m sorry, Jysella. I may not be the great empathic Jedi that you are, but I possess enough of that talent to know what you feel. You want it as much as I do. I....?

Suddenly, he froze and just gazed into her deep, vibrant eyes. He wanted to tell her that he loved her but he didn?t want to tell her this way. Frustrated, he turned away and spat instead, ?I have to go. I?ll see you around,? and with that Ben took of on a jog down the marble stairs, away from the Temple he never entered much th
  22. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    First reply, yay![face_dancing]

Wonderful chapter, I really hate Jacen, sooo very very much...or at least I would if hate wasn't of the darkside. And poor Ben, it's hard to be a teenager and wanting so much to be acknowleged as an adult or very close too, and Jysella...poor Ben. [:D]

I feel so much for Leia and Han and Allana, (no not only for having Jacen for a father, :rolleyes:) for being caught up in family feauding.

Hope to see more soon. =D= Thanks for the PM!
  23. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Great Chapter=D=

I love the Han/Leia/Allana plot!
  24. goddess_sticks Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    This is really great so far! =D=

I'm looking forward to see where you take this.

Good luck getting it done!
  25. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    Skywalker's must just have a gene in their blood to make them fall head-over-heels in love?! . . :p . . don't ya think?!:-B

Jacen loves 'selflessly' = SITH LORD!!![face_devil]

Ben loves 'selfishly' = a very scary resemblance to his grandfather, in the way he allows his feelings to overrule his mind too much!!![face_thinking]

Damn, Leia knows about Allana's real parents?! :eek: . . Cool!:cool:

I like this! :D Keep up the good work!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.