main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Path of Dreams --LotF AU--B/J, J/J/Z, Jacen,-SFFA 2007 Best Romance--COMPLETED: 01/10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    The Ben/Jys thing makes me happy. I hope she comes around...

...and that Ben doesn't listen to Jacen all too much. I'm surprised he told everyone what happened. And I hope that Ben starts to see through Jacen's facade and realizes that his love is real. That Jacen has it all backwards.

I love how Leia is watching over Allana. And that Leia knows who her father is and everything.

This is so great. good luck with DRL

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I don't think Jacen is like his grandfather. The only similarity is that they are Sith, but they became sith for very different resons. Anakin is all passion and Jacen is all cold calculated nothingness.

I really liked the plot of how Tenel Ka died and Allana went to the Solo. Leia is cool in this fiction.

Your segue from Jacen's thoughts on the murder to Allana at the Solo's apartment was seamless.

Excellent work

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    This is the beginnings of a wonderful story.

I love how your writing makes my emotions come pouring out whether I want to cheer on Ben's kiss, strangle Jacen or cry for Leia and Allana.

Great job Flowerlady! =D=

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Can I say that I want to strangle Jacen too? :p I really wish he still had something resembling a soul . . .

At least Ben still has his. His willingness to confide in Jysella proved this. Great job telling us about their relationship and then showing us a piece of it.

Oh, and Leia and Allana have such an amazing relationship. [face_love] It is unfortunately a future that seems destined to happen . . . but at least if the proficcers have hearts it'll be like this. I hope, anyway.

I have so much to say but so little time to say it . . . maybe once my academic 'Hell Week' is over maybe I can tell you how excellent this story is. [:D]

5. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Then he gazed intently at Ben, his brown eyes dark, ?Be mindful of your kind of love for Jysella, Ben. That kind of love is selfish and will lead you to somewhere you may not wish to go.?

But somewhere Jacen desperately wants him to? So evil! I love the creepy double life you're carving out for Jacen. I'm:mad: for what he did to TK, but at least she's safe with the Solos.

[face_love] the bittersweet relationship Leia has with her granddaughter. In time Allana will know. I'm sure.

This is wonderfully done: great detail, and very intricate plot. I can't wait for more. [:D]

(even if it is J/Z ;))

6. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    DRL...I know what that feels like. I'm smack dab in the middle of it right now.

?Jace, I know that I want her to marry me someday. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Have you ever felt that way for someone? Have you ever loved someone so much that you would do anything for that person?? Ouch, he hit that one right on the mark. TK and Allana...I want to cry for both of them.

Ben and Jys...I only hope that things turn out better between them than J/TK. I do love Benella.

Great updates, and thanks for the PMs.

7. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Okay...I'm beginning to feel like I'm cheating you guys out of your responses....

Thanks so much [face_blush] ....Yep, I think we all hate Jacen, but in reality I think the reason I like LotF so much is because I love to hate Jacen....:p
    Yeah, I feel for Allana and the Solo's too...That would be so hard...At least, they don't know that it was actually Jacen who killed TK...That I think would be so heartbreaking...:(
    [:D]

Thanks for reading....[:D]

Thanks....[face_blush] And I'll need all the luck I can get....:p

Yeah the do....[face_laugh]
    Yep Leia and Han know...but they can't acknowledge it....:(
    Thanks so much for reading....[:D]

You do....huh?...[face_devil]
    Oh but that is the problem Ben does listen to his Master...To well...And Ben knows his love is real...but do you really want Ben and Jys together? [face_mischief]
    Yeah, I really could see that happening in Profic...and yet it is so sad...:(
    Thanks so much for reading....and cheering me on...[:D]

Oh think there are some similarities, but no he isn't completely like Pappy Vader...But Ben...emmm...[face_thinking]
    Thanks...I struggled with trying to come up with a way that this could happen...I'm glad that what I did settle on was at least somewhat believable...I'm anxious to see how Denning or Allston does it...
    Leia is cool in this...And what better Master for a Princess but a Princess?...
    Oh thank you...I really try to do that in chapters where scenes change like that.. sometimes it's easier than others...
    Thanks...[face_blush]

8. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks again for reading and responding...As I said over on the NaNo thread when someone posted that they also decided to post their novel, I'll love to hear from you...and by your responses I am encouraged to continue...and to do my very best....[:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 4~

Jacen Solo?s Apartment, Coruscant

?The shriek of the chasing krayt dragon was closer and Ben forced himself to keep running?

Ben sat straight up in bed. Sweat glistened on his bare chest and he pushed the damp coppery hair from his face. Breathing hard, he threw his legs over the side of his bed and glanced at the chono. It was only 0145. He sighed and stood up; he would have to get up in less than an hour anyway. He moved over to the window and looked out. Jacen?s apartment was high enough in the six hundred floor building to afford Ben a spectacular view of the Senate District. He looked out at the dazzling lights and suddenly felt a familiar concerned presence brush his.

He closed his eyes and focused on the sweetness and warmth of her mental hug. Jysella, his heart sang and he let her presence revitalize him. He sent her his reassurance that he was alright. She remained with him for a long time and although, they didn?t pass words or even feelings across the growing bond, he was glad that she was there. He hung onto her as if letting go would cause him to fall into a chasm. However, all too soon for Ben, her touch was gone and he felt only the lonely coldness of the night air.

He opened his eyes and continued to stare out the window, but he didn?t see the incredible city that seemed to never sleep. Instead he was remembering the nightmare. It was the same as the last time he had it and he wondered what terrible thing would happen during the mission that he would not be able to stop.

He thought about what Jacen had told him about the vision being a way to predict the future. But what future? He screamed inwardly. What does it all mean? Angry and feeling alone, he hit the window frame with his open palm. ?Why?? He whispered in a deliberate plea, ?Why can?t I understand this? If the dragon represents something that will happen in the future, why can?t I stop it from happening before more lives are lost??

Ben feeling the weight of his words on his shoulders as if he carried all of Coruscant there, leaned his forehead against the hand on the frame and sobbed.

~~~

Mullin, Northern Hemisphere, Coruscant

The community of Mullin in the Northern Hemisphere, about a thousand kilometers north of Galactic City, was famous for its small shops and shopping centers. Although, Commenor had allied with Corellia two years ago, its Coruscant population had attempted to remain neutral, until less than a week ago.

Ben, hanging onto the hand grip, looked out of the open transport as they began to enter the beautiful area of low rise buildings with their terrace gardens. He almost couldn?t believe that such villainy could come from someplace that appeared and felt so peaceful. However, GAG?s informants insisted that this was the place and these were the people who helped to nearly bring Coruscant?s and the GA?s government to a standstill.

The plan was not hard and had been executed for two years now. Three of the teams would deploy on the ground and search the area where the informant pinpointed the hideout of the traitors, while another three teams blocked the flow of traffic and managed attempted escapees and those arrested. Ben was part of the ground deployment and was part of Beta Team commanded by Major Shevu. Jacen commanded Alpha team and the third team, Calamiri, was commanded by Captain Betsi Webs.

As the troops transport began to descend, Lon was speaking through a voice amplifier as he commanded, ?This is the Galactic Alliance Guard. Please do not panic and remain in your dwellings. Repeat: this is the Galactic Alliance Guard. Please do not panic and remain in your dwellings??

9. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    word count= awesome!! :)

I don't know much about the Legacy books other than the first one, and I don't look into the speculations, so I won't always know what's "right" or not. So excuse my ignorance

that was such a great chapter.

Too bad Syal couldn't bring Valin over :(

Han should definitely talk to Leia.

I hope Leia sees it too

10. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  11. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Again, another moving chapter.

I really liked...Ben's rollercoaster emotions and his dip to the dark side. I also enjoyed Han and Wedge's discussion in the bar over drinks about Jacen, Syal and Jaina. I absolutely love those old warriors.

This is so much more enjoyable to read than LOTF profic. Atta girl Flowerlady!=D=

12. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Another great chapter, much conflict of interests going on. [face_thinking]

Thanks for the PM! [:D]

13. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    SWpants666
    word count= awesome!! :)
    Thanks...
    I don't know much about the Legacy books other than the first one, and I don't look into the speculations, so I won't always know what's "right" or not. So excuse my ignorance
    I'm sorry if I offended you...I didn't mean to...Besides in an AU any thing is right...and although this is canon based and very heavily influenced by Bloodlines in particular, it is still an AU...trust me I really don't want canon to go any where near where this story is going to end...
    that was such a great chapter.
    Thank you so much....[:D]
    Too bad Syal couldn't bring Valin over :(
    Oh who knows...we will be checking in on Valin and his thoughts in a bit...
    Han should definitely talk to Leia.
    [face_mischief]
    I hope Leia sees it too
    I'm sure she does....I think she seen it since Bloodlines ....there is a passage in there that I've been wanting to expand into a viggy ever since I read that book...which I personally thought was awesome...I got tired of all the Boba Fett stuff and think that space could have been better put to use with exploring Jaina or even developing Ben further...but overall I liked it...

G__Anakin
    [face_worried]
    To paraphrase Yoda: You should be... [face_mischief]

PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    Again, another moving chapter.
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    I really liked...Ben's rollercoaster emotions and his dip to the dark side. I also enjoyed Han and Wedge's discussion in the bar over drinks about Jacen, Syal and Jaina. I absolutely love those old warriors.
    I'm really liking how Ben is turning out in this...he actually is almost writing himself...And I love Wedge and Han too...the old war dogs...
    This is so much more enjoyable to read than LOTF profic. Atta girl Flowerlady!=D=
    I think that is the best compliment that I could ever receive, especially since this is so heavily based at least now on LotF canon....Thanks..[face_blush] [face_blush]

Aiel
    Another great chapter, much conflict of interests going on. [face_thinking]
    Thanks..There are a lot going on...[face_blush]
    Thanks for the PM! [:D]
    You are welcome!!! [:D]

Hopefully chapter 5 will be up tonight or most likely tomorrow....

FL @};-

14. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Mullin made me think of Sausilito CA. I picture the tranquility and the menace of the GAG coming to question and beat down doors. Really easy to picture all of this.

Ben's reactions to the restrictive laws show a naive boy who has been under the influence of a control freak for too long. No rebellious spirit there. On Earth he'd have been a young Nazi.

Ben took a deep breath and reached down into the boiling emotions and let his hate and anger at those who would take so many innocent lives crackle into the Force. Pulling the Force to him again, Ben felt its electric strength and its addicting power. He pushed outward with it and as he used the invisible grip, he sat up and concentrated on dousing the flames around him and his fallen comrade.

OMG that?s so delicious!!! Young Ben slowly easing to the dark side.

?Only Sith?s think in absolutes!? Ben glanced once more at Clarice Dakin and determined the woman got what she deserved. She was a traitor after all. Yep, there's that righteous mentality again!!!!! Young Ben is headed down a slippery slope.

The relatively young Imperial admiral still found it odd that he and Wedge Antilles were of the same rank and fighting on the same side in a war with the GFFA.
    He was crushed at first, but then his father helped him realize that he was destined for greater things then being a Chiss whipping post.

This is my fantasy too!!!!!! I've always been Jag neutral, but you might make me like him more. This work is really enjoyable. I think I like speculation fic! =D=

15. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Love to see the entire Antilles family on the same side. I'm glad Syal defected too. She was my favorite in Betrayal.

Han's always more perceptive than many give him credit for, and I hope that he can convince someone still on Coruscant to be wary of Jacen. She might have motivation soon if this story isn't going to stay J/Z. (I sadly fear that may leave Z's days numbered- I've never wished him dead).

Jacen's subtle motivations of Ben's use of anger are great for the story, but I'm getting very angry with him myself. I like how much faster you're moving Ben's fall along than the LotF novels are. I'm interested to see the dragon come to life. Jacen's working pretty hard to make that happen- I almost wonder if he planted the bomb.

So is this going to be finished by the end of the month? I know that's the point, but I'm just getting into the swing of this. Maybe you'll go farther with it afterwards? [face_thinking]

=D=

16. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    5 to 10 years?!? Huge indeed...

I don't like where Ben is going. I think that Han has to worry about more than just Jacen, if this chapter is a foreshadowing of things to come.

Great job, FL, and thanks for the PM. [:D]

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    iamobiwan1970
    Mullin made me think of Sausilito CA. I picture the tranquility and the menace of the GAG coming to question and beat down doors. Really easy to picture all of this.
    Yeah, I was actually thinking of CA when I came up with Mullin...I can picture Commenor looking like that too...
    Ben's reactions to the restrictive laws show a naive boy who has been under the influence of a control freak for too long. No rebellious spirit there. On Earth he'd have been a young Nazi.
    Oh boy did you ever hit that nail on the head...But when I think of the Empire or the Sith in general, I do have a tendency to equate them to the Hitlers, Saddam Husains, or Nero Ceasers of our world...
    Ben took a deep breath and reached down into the boiling emotions and let his hate and anger at those who would take so many innocent lives crackle into the Force. Pulling the Force to him again, Ben felt its electric strength and its addicting power. He pushed outward with it and as he used the invisible grip, he sat up and concentrated on dousing the flames around him and his fallen comrade.

OMG that?s so delicious!!! Young Ben slowly easing to the dark side.
    Thanks...Yes he sure is....
    ?Only Sith?s think in absolutes!? Ben glanced once more at Clarice Dakin and determined the woman got what she deserved. She was a traitor after all. Yep, there's that righteous mentality again!!!!! Young Ben is headed down a slippery slope.
    He most definitively is ...
    The relatively young Imperial admiral still found it odd that he and Wedge Antilles were of the same rank and fighting on the same side in a war with the GFFA.
    He was crushed at first, but then his father helped him realize that he was destined for greater things then being a Chiss whipping post.

This is my fantasy too!!!!!! I've always been Jag neutral, but you might make me like him more. This work is really enjoyable. I think I like speculation fic! =D=
    You know it is mine too...I really love Jag...and to think of him as a possible heir to the Empire is just way too cool....:cool:
    Thanks for reading and I'm thrilled that you are enjoying it...[:D]

padawanlost
    Love to see the entire Antilles family on the same side. I'm glad Syal defected too. She was my favorite in Betrayal.
    She was mine too...and they should be on the same side....too bad the Skywalker/Solo clan can't figure this out....
    Han's always more perceptive than many give him credit for, and I hope that he can convince someone still on Coruscant to be wary of Jacen. She might have motivation soon if this story isn't going to stay J/Z. (I sadly fear that may leave Z's days numbered- I've never wished him dead).
    Oh how I agree with your comment about Han...The problem is that, as you will find out, everyone is wary of Jacen, it's just that no one knows what to do...
    And concerning you last comment all I can say is [face_whistling]

Jacen's subtle motivations of Ben's use of anger are great for the story, but I'm getting very angry with him myself. I like how much faster you're moving Ben's fall along than the LotF novels are. I'm interested to see the dragon come to life. Jacen's working pretty hard to make that happen- I almost wonder if he planted the bomb.
    Who doesn't want to kill Jacen...As to Ben's descent...it does seem faster than Profic but remember this story has a long way to go before completion...and it will cover at least 5 yrs of Ben's life...So his fall may not be as quick you think...
    And about the bombs...we will find out about them in the next chapter...which I hope to have up sometime today...
    [face_mischief]
    So is this going to be finished by the end of the month? I know that's the point, but I'm just getting into the swing of this. Maybe you'll go farther with it afterwards? [face_thinking]
    Hell no!...

18. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    This is going really well.:)

The scene with Han and Wedge was touching. It will be interesting to see what all happens to their family throughout the story.

I was wondering about Zekk too. I don't think you'll have him around with Jaina for too long. I'm curious to know where that will go. All I have to say is that if she ends up with a certain person who isn't the one she should be with, I hope you make him more likable. I know that you've managed that before. ;)

19. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    goddess_sticks
    This is going really well.:)
    Thanks...I hope it stays that way...:D
    The scene with Han and Wedge was touching. It will be interesting to see what all happens to their family throughout the story.
    It's interesting to see what happens to all of the families in this, not just the Antlles and Solos but the Horns and Skywalkers as well...
    I was wondering about Zekk too. I don't think you'll have him around with Jaina for too long. I'm curious to know where that will go. All I have to say is that if she ends up with a certain person who isn't the one she should be with, I hope you make him more likable. I know that you've managed that before. ;)
    Well, don't write him off just yet...I have to make you really like him first...[face_mischief] ...Zekk is coming up in the next chapter...in fact...;)
    And it is my job to make you like everyone in this fic...If you can't love them at least I want you to love to hate them...
    [face_batting]

FL @};-

20. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005

~Chapter 5~

Presidential Mansion, Coronet, Corellia

He read the encrypted report again and then hit the delete key. After a moment of digesting the information, Prime Minister Dur Gejjen, balled his fist and slammed it down on his elegant native red stone desk, which was the only thing that he kept that had belonged to his predecessor Thracken Sal-Solo.

His plan to rid the galaxy and, more importunately, himself of Jacen Solo hadn?t succeeded. The extremist thugs who he had hired to rig up the explosives in several of the apartments in the Commeror neighborhood had failed. They didn?t even manage to do away with the Skywalker brat. Sure, five GAG members were killed and twelve injured but both Jedi and Shevu survived. Dur was furious.

He didn?t buy into Brisha?s assessment that Cha Niathal wouldn?t put Jacen Solo in charge of something that could prove disastrous to the Insurgents and in particular to Corellia. He had been in politics too long to not think like a politician and he knew what he would do if Solo was on Corellia?s side. Cha Niathal was just as much a politician.

He then tried to get a hold of Brisha Syo. He decided that he would convince her to do something to get rid of Solo; she had proven that she was very good at such things. However, he soon discovered that she had checked out of the hotel she had been staying. She also wasn?t answering the commlink frequency she had given the Corellian leader.

?Kriff!? he swore and threw the offending devise down on the stone surface of the elaborate desk. He had no idea where she disappeared to or for how long she would be gone. The woman, who had been secretly giving Dur information and supplying assassins since his ascension to power two years ago, had first came to him with the plan to assassinate several leaders of planets who were teetering on the edge of which side to support. The first attempt to create an opening for a new, pro-Corellian leader was a failure. Han and Leia Solo saw to that when they discovered and prevented the assassination of Tenel Ka of Hapes. However, the later assassinations of the leaders of Sluis Van, and Kuat were successful and implicated the GA as having involvement, which immediately caused those governments to declare war on the GA. Then the Queen Mother was found dead which opened the door for the regent, Prince Isolder, to declare alliance to Corellia. Dur still didn?t quite believe the Jedi queen could just fall over dead, causing him to often wonder if Brisha had something to do with it.

Finally, he took a deep breath and let it out slowly, as he thought about his other, more publicly acceptable initiative: the attack on Bothawui. At least, that sector would once again be under his control. He knew Admiral Fel wouldn?t fail him, he seldom did.

~~~

Freedom Medical Center, Northern Coruscant

Luke and Mara Skywalker made their way through the gathering crowds of HoloNet reporters and the otherwise curious of the medical center where their son was being treated. Jysella silently followed along as she held her robes tightly around her. She could feel the intense emotions in the Force?anxiety, confusion, sorrow, distrust, anger and hate. The boiling feelings concerned her because she felt just as much negativity directed toward the residents of the neighborhood that the hospital bordered as she did toward the GAG or the government in general. Suddenly, she wondered if the GAG had been smart to bring their injured to the hospital that serviced the neighborhood they had just investigated. Then she felt some of that emotion suddenly directed at her as a reporter from the extremely anti-Corellian Coruscant Tonight stepped before her, effectively cutting her off from the concerned and distracted Skywalkers.

?What do you think of the attack, Jedi?? the human who had to be in his late twenties asked.

Jys looked up at him and swallowed. She reached out and brushed his presence to determine his objective. As she assumed, he had a certain callousness tha

21. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  22. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    But we all had each other to get us through, Ben has no one.

I'm hoping that won't be the case for long. ;)

Although I don't 'ship it, the J/Z moment was sweet.

Valin and Syal...I don't know if I thought of that one. I hope that you are going to continue that plot line in this story.

Great update, FL, and thanks for the PM. [:D]

23. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    That was great, Flowerlady!
    I apologize that I haven't been by for the past two updates.
    My life has become SO much more busy! *sighs*

Great job! =D=

C @};- S

24. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Luke all but snapped as he glared at his nephew. He had been trying to get Ben away from Jacen for two years now without success.

oh man. that would be such a great move. too bad Ben's too attached to Jacen

Zekk came closer and said, ?Well, I see you two have met officially. Lt. Fritzer has come down with?emm? the Bothan flu.? Which wasn?t a flu at all, but a rather nasty venereal disease that humans usually couldn?t contract but there always was exceptions.

Jaina snickered, ?It seems he came back from his last leave with more than just memories of a good time.?

Valin shook his head and chuckled, ?I told him to leave the Bothans alone, but would he listen to me? Of course not.?

[face_laugh] oh too funny

great chapter. so great

what's the word count up to now?

25. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Great update. :D

I liked the scene with Luke and Mara thinking about Ben. It's so sad to see what all the different families are going through.

The part with Jaina and Zekk was sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.