main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Path of Dreams --LotF AU--B/J, J/J/Z, Jacen,-SFFA 2007 Best Romance--COMPLETED: 01/10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I will respond to everyone's replies later, but for right now I just wanted to say....

THANK YOU!!!!

When I set out to write this story, I never really considered it a real romance. I'm not sure why. Sure, I knew and do know where the stories of Ben and Jysella and Jaina and Jag are going, but I considered this more drama, even tragedy, than romance. And I'd never had pegged this to win Best Romance.

I suppose an adage like: You can take the romance writer out of the romance but you can't take the romance out of the writer--would apply here.

I appreciate the votes and I value your contributions to helping me discover my style and vogue of writing. I set out writing fanfiction for three purposes: One, because it looked like fun; two, because I had a story to tell that was dying to be read (that story was Always Have, Always Will); and third, I'm using this as practice to hone my craft. I've always wanted to be a professional writer but never was brave enough to strike out and actually try.

With my experience with fanfiction, I'm gaining the confidence needed to finally attempt that totally original novel that has been hiding within me since I was in high school.

You all don't know how much I truly consider everyone of you my friend.

[:D]

Sara

2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    1. Great Post, thanks for the PM!
    2. Congrats on the award you deserve it!
    3. Go profic, i'll queue up at midnight to by the fist copy! (can i get a signed copy?)
    4. Did I mention great post? :p

PHGS Weyr

3. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    G__Anakin
    :eek:
    Yep....[face_devil]

flowerbee
    What do you mean Kyp is fine for now? Why must you do the omnipresent narrator thing? {face_cry]
    [face_laugh]

Jedi Master Tionne Solusar settled herself in a cross-legged meditation pose on the lush green of the mossy grass under a vismor tree.

My first reaction to that line? "I've got a bad feeling about this" /Han.
    You should...

The park was deserted at this late hour in the evening

Bad feeling rising...
    [face_mischief]

Tionne didn?t answer; she suddenly was too busy fending off the filaments of the Dark Lady?s lethal weapon.

Yep. Bad feeling'd. *facedesk* Poor Tionne. :( Poor Kam. Poor everyone. :_|

Darth Troddeln had arrived on the Anakin Solo nearly a week ago after leaving Korriban

Oh! Every time I see the name of that ship, it... annoys me. How dare he. :/
    It does me too...It's really a slap in Anakin's face if you ask me, because he would never be supportive of his dear old Sith brother.
    Luke began to wonder if the Old Order had been right.

Well, the Old Order produced Anakin Skywalker. *shrug* I don't think that marriages are the problem, but that the Jedi need to find somewhere in-between complete non-attachment and the reckless passion that Anakin and Ben experience, y'know? Neither way works for them. I'm not quite sure what would, but still.
    I personally think the Jedi are stronger because of their families. I think that's what weakened the old order, and made the old Jedi too detatched from realility. However, attatchment to a spouse and family can make a fall to the dark side easier, but if it happens that some love can be redeeming.
    ?She was the most gentle, the most lov?? His sob swallowed the rest of his words.

:_| :_| You're horrible, you know that?
    Yep, I know....:_|

I think the Sith have really arrived... What do you think?... skull

*grumpily* I think that someone ought to go Sith-hunting.
    Me too...[face_mischief]

SWpants666
    Tionne didn?t answer; she suddenly was too busy fending off the filaments of the Dark Lady?s lethal weapon.

[face_worried] Of course Kam would help her with her 'saber skills.
    Of course he would. I have no idea if that's canon or not, but it seemed to be obivous to me.

However, little did they know that with each calculated death of the Jedi Masters, Troddeln was becoming stronger in the Dark Side

Nooo! :( That is not good news.
    No it's not...

Syal looked back at the gunships and realized that only one had been fired upon but it hadn?t been destroyed. Two of her pilots were gone, the lasers of the gunships finally eating away at the fighter?s shields, which only added to her fear and feelings of being defeated.

Oh no. I don't like her thoughts and her fear. I'm just glad (as odd as that sounds) that it's not REALLY her feeling that way, but Jacen pushing that fear into her.
    Yeah, this is my take on how Battle Meditation might work on a regular person. But no this isn't how Syal usually feels in battle..

There was no hiding the pained look in his eyes as he considered that his son would fire upon him, not because it hadn?t happened in battle, but the Confederacy was retreating

*tears* Oh, I feel SO bad for Han!
    I do too...:_|

Kam had been still reeling from the death of his first Apprentice, Octa Ramis, and the deaths of the others. The death of his wife was the last straw that broke the bantha?s back. ?She was the most gentle, the most lov?? His sob swallowed the rest of his words.

And Kam. I feel terrible for him. I can't even imagine... :_|
    I think we all feel bad for Kam...

Kam never looked at any of his fello

4. jagfellover

jagfellover Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2002
    Ohhhhh! :eek: Nice chapter! It's so sad that Tionne had to die. :_|

And now the Jedi Masters have to commit treason to try and stop Jacen? Talk about a rock and a hard place. Hopefully, Jaina will be able to help them out.

Can't wait for the next chapter. I hope there's some Jag and Jaina scenes. [face_batting]

JFL

5. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    jagfellover
    Ohhhhh! :eek: Nice chapter! It's so sad that Tionne had to die. :_|
    Thanks[face_blush] ...Yeah...I know, but she did...:_|
    And now the Jedi Masters have to commit treason to try and stop Jacen? Talk about a rock and a hard place. Hopefully, Jaina will be able to help them out.
    Yeah, not a nice place to be....I hope she does too. [face_mischief]
    Can't wait for the next chapter. I hope there's some Jag and Jaina scenes. [face_batting]
    Hopefully by the end of the weekend...DRL has been running amuck this week...Well, maybe not J/J but some with Jaina, Leia and Syal...[face_mischief]
    Thanks for reading...[:D]

FL @};-

6. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Again, I'm late, from now on assume I'm late, lol, sorry about that! [face_blush]

Great chapter, very intense.

Poor, poor, poor Kam. :(

Its about bloody time Luke did something, come on!

This story is getting creepier and darker in a cool, on-the-edge-of-your-seat way! :p Love it!

Thanks..

7. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am loving this story. The way you write the conflict and sub-plots is just captivating. I almost expect that the galaxy will never find peace or even resolution.

8. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    SITH_MAYO
    Again, I'm late, from now on assume I'm late, lol, sorry about that! [face_blush]
    No problem...I've had a hard time keeping up on my reading lately as well....:)
    Great chapter, very intense.
    Thanks....This is becoming a very intense story...
    Poor, poor, poor Kam. :(
    Yep, but there may be hope for him yet...[face_mischief]
    Its about bloody time Luke did something, come on!
    Yes it is...and he will...[face_mischief]
    This story is getting creepier and darker in a cool, on-the-edge-of-your-seat way! :p Love it!
    Thanks... as with the intensity level...so is the Darkness going up...
    Thanks..
    You're welcome and thank you for reading. [:D]

padawan3
    I am loving this story. The way you write the conflict and sub-plots is just captivating. I almost expect that the galaxy will never find peace or even resolution.
    Thanks for reading!!!
    And thanks for the compliment [face_blush] ....I'm glad that you are enjoying my bit of fantasy...[:D]

Okay, here is the next chapter... and even though I've had bits and pieces of it written for months now, it was a tough one to write.

Oh and you should get comfy... it's a long one...[face_devil]

[hr]

[b][i]~Chapter 41~ [/i] [/b]

Galactica Opera House, Coruscant

Captain Ben Skywalker, dressed in his dress uniform, made his way from security point to security point in the upper reaches of the Galactica Opera House, checking on the GAG and GA Security personnel stationed there. As he made his way through tunnels and narrow service corridors where normally only service droids labored, he made sure the gaurds, who were placed at various areas to ensure nothing happened to Chief of State Cha Niathal as she gave her speech, were exactly where they were supposed to be because that was vital for his plan to work.

For the most part, Jacen had allowed Ben to come up with the plan that would end the president?s life. The Sith Lord only added to it where Ben?s immaturity or just plain lack of experience over looked something. The plan wasn?t a simple one, but then assassinating the galactic leader in front of nearly a hundred thousand live beings, over five hundred security personnel, at least twenty Jedi, including the Grand Master and several other Masters, several hundred military members and before the trillions, who were watching the live Holonet broadcast was anything but simple.

Ben rounded the gentle curve of the metal mesh catwalk and let the ignorant excitement of the audience wash over him and let it fuel his own contempt toward those who revered Niathal. He was just glad that the PA system didn?t reach this far into the dim inner catwalks of the massive opera house because he really had no interest in what the Chief of State had to say. But occasionally the sputtering of enthusiastic applause from the near hundred thousand beings packing the audience seating would waif up to him through the ventilation slits.

He had over the course of the evening made his way completely around the building starting in the lower bowels and ended here. He finally passed the last GAG patrol and then began to make his way back around the curve. The tunnel he was circumventing was at the very top and was the last one before the colossal dome joined the curved walls. The Opera House actually looked like a gigantic bowl turned upside down. The seating was such that at the very top the repulsor supported rows actually looked not just down at the staging area in the center, but also looked slightly out over the seating below it. The effect was that there was not a bad seat in the house.

Finally, he came to the ladder-like wire mesh stairs and descended three flights. As he passed the patrol at the landing, Ben greeted Maxxal Lanew, the security officer who was rightfully under the command of Jehmi Vo?hern. He

9. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Oh My God! that was amazing! =D=

Great Update Master! I love how Bens thoughts echo Jacens when it comes to family not being his sacrifice... So Luke and Mara and the other Jedi finally see Jacen for what he is...

I sense that this story is heating up for some kind of showdown!!

Thanks for the PM! [:D]

PHGS Weyr

10. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    an update [face_dancing]

the assasination was done wonderfully, only the Sith could pull that off right in front of the Jedi's collective noses. i also liked Ben's thoughts on the Holocrons, his eventual Sacrifice, and using his emotions, even childhood fears, for power.

and finally the Sky/Solo/Horn/Fel/Antilles (is it just me, or are half the characters related now??) family starts planning to take down the Sith. and i'm glad they at least hope to redeem Jacen, even though i doubt they will. it seems in canon they're justing going to jump right from "just a little unorthodox" to "must kill him" with no thoughts of saving him like Vader.

yet another great chapter, keep up the good work =D=

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Fighting to get a grip on the feeling, Ben took a deep breath and let it out slowly, but he didn?t let the fear go as a Jedi might. Instead, he turned the fear into anger?anger at war, anger at what happened to the galaxy at the hands of the Vong and was happening to the galaxy at the hands of incompetent fools like Niathal, Fel and Gejjen, even anger at himself for letting such a silly thing as the gloves trigger such a long buried emotion to begin with and possibly destroy the mission.

Then he used the anger to fuel the Force and instantly felt totally in control again.

*groans* No, no, no, no! I think I liked it better when he wouldn't use the Force. :(

And I don't like that he learned more from the Holocron than from Jacen. Not at all.

He also contained most of the exploded brain matter and bone from reaching the utterly terrorized government officials who were seated on the stage with the Chief of State.

....Well then thank the Force for small favors, huh? I really hate that Ben did that. I hate it a lot.

I, as Supreme Commander of the Galactic Alliance Military, have the right to declare a state of emergency and institute martial law. I do not relish this act, nor will I take more authority then is given to me by law

*coughPalpatinecough* Oh no, of course not! Why would Jacen bloody Solo want power? It's unthinkable *scowls*

Kyp snickered, ?Ahh?Jacen, I?d like to point out that so do you and,? he jabbed a thumb in Corran?s direction, ?so does he, but I know at least Corran hasn?t assassinated anyone. You, one never knows.?

Heh. Oh you know. You just don't know you know. Kyp should just cut him down. It'd make life a whole lot better.

within moments the gown on the hologram of Jaina changed to be that of an off-the-shoulder, modestly low cut bodice of delicate hand knotted lace with Mon Calamari seed pearls woven through the intricate design. However, the overwhelming skirt of lace and fluff was replaced with the more simple skirt of the gown from today.

That sounds beautiful and a lot more Jaina-like. :)

In fact,? the hologram of Luke looked at Valin, ?it was supposed to have been Valin who has been in contact with him and ordered the assassination on the orders of Emperor Fel.?

:mad: I. Hate. Jacen. *bashes head against the wall*

We need your help to defeat Jacen. We know he?s embraced the Dark Side and may even be a Sith

[face_dancing] ALL RIGHT! They're finally getting somewhere! Sweet!

12. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Add me to the p.m. list and good fic!!
    JR

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Wow that was some update. :eek:

You're right Sara, I do want to get Ben, but Jacen's the one. Beautiful job capturing Ben's struggle with the dar side, even if he's not struggling enough. Jacen's manipulation knows no bounds, but I think he may have twisted Ben too far too soon. Ben's already suspicious, and looking for power to one-up Jacen: looks like a showdown is coming as far as Ben's concerned. The fact that he's worried about his sacrifice being Jysella or the baby doesn't bode well if forshadowing is to be considered a possibility, either.

Finally! The Jedi will admit that they need Jaina and Leia. Thank the Force they've come to their senses. I'm still worried that walking into Jacen's office they would all end up like Mace Windu and his little party in Palpatine's office- wow that would be intense with Ben fighting his parents or cousin [face_worried] not that I'm trying to use my crystal ball, or suggest anything. I don't want to see that much death in the Skywalker family. Strangely enough, I'd really be happy if they could somehow redeem Jacen, even after all of this.

Okay, maybe I'm just being silly now. Great update as always.

xoxo, alex

ps: I can't wait for the wedding. If Jacen ruins that, I take it back, and she can kill him.

14. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    *shakes head*

Ben, Ben, Ben... He's as evil as Jacen or more so I'd say.

And poor Leia... my heart breaks for her.

Great update as usual, Flowerlady! =D= :)

I almost forgot... Congratulations on your Best Romance Award!!!!!

15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Congrats on getting the Best Romance Reward! =D= :)

16. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    So, so sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been moving into my dorm and this is the first week of classes, so. But anyway, this fic gets better with every frakking paragraph. More soon.

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    PHGS_Weyr
    Oh My God! that was amazing! =D=
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    Great Update Master! I love how Bens thoughts echo Jacens when it comes to family not being his sacrifice... So Luke and Mara and the other Jedi finally see Jacen for what he is...
    I'm glad that you liked it...Yes, Ben's thoughts do echo his Master's...[face_mischief]
    Yes the Jedi Masters are coming to their senses but it will still be a while before their plans can come together...

I sense that this story is heating up for some kind of showdown!!
    You better believe it...actually for more than just one showdown to be exact...[face_devil]
    Thanks for the PM! [:D]
    You are welcome... thank you for reading....[:D]

saber_death
    an update [face_dancing]

the assasination was done wonderfully, only the Sith could pull that off right in front of the Jedi's collective noses. i also liked Ben's thoughts on the Holocrons, his eventual Sacrifice, and using his emotions, even childhood fears, for power.
    I knew what I wanted to do with the assassination but planning it out was hard and took more than one rewrite to come up with something plausible....and shows just how far our Benny Boy has take to the Sith...
    Oh yes his Sacrifice...[face_devil]
    As I came up with Ben's fall for this I had all along wondered about how his childhood fear of the Force could eventually help him fall....because remember--Fear is of the Dark Side and was one reason the Council didn't want to train Anakin...he was too full of fear...And we all know how that turned out...[face_mischief]

and finally the Sky/Solo/Horn/Fel/Antilles (is it just me, or are half the characters related now??) family starts planning to take down the Sith. and i'm glad they at least hope to redeem Jacen, even though i doubt they will. it seems in canon they're justing going to jump right from "just a little unorthodox" to "must kill him" with no thoughts of saving him like Vader.
    [face_laugh] Now that you mention it... They all do seem related don't they? The only one not is Kyppie..but then Han always thought of him as a son so....I suppose he could be an honorary cousin.
    Do I think DJ is redeemable? I don't know. I have both ideas playing out in my head and we will just have to wait and see which wins out...:p
    yet another great chapter, keep up the good work =D=
    Thank you...[face_blush]
    [:D]

SWpants666
    Fighting to get a grip on the feeling, Ben took a deep breath and let it out slowly, but he didn?t let the fear go as a Jedi might. Instead, he turned the fear into anger?anger at war, anger at what happened to the galaxy at the hands of the Vong and was happening to the galaxy at the hands of incompetent fools like Niathal, Fel and Gejjen, even anger at himself for letting such a silly thing as the gloves trigger such a long buried emotion to begin with and possibly destroy the mission.

Then he used the anger to fuel the Force and instantly felt totally in control again.

*groans* No, no, no, no! I think I liked it better when he wouldn't use the Force. :(
    Yeah, you may be right....:_|
    And I don't like that he learned more from the Holocron than from Jacen. Not at all.
    Never is...[face_mischief]

He also contained most of the exploded brain matter and bone from reaching the utterly terrorized government officials who were seated on the stage with the Chief of State.

....Well then thank the Force for small favors, huh? I really hate that Ben did that. I hate it a lot.
    [face_laugh]
    But don't like that Ben did it either.

I, as Supreme Commander of the Galactic Alliance Military, have the right to declare a state of emergency and institute martial law. I do not relish this act, nor will I take more authority then is given

18. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Oh dear. *gets "don't do it, Ben!" screaming out of system and settles in*

Somehow, the attention to detail during the bit before Ben shoots Niathal makes it even sadder. It's like he's shutting himself off emotionally and trying to think about everything else... until that last moment. :_|

as the grey and red tissue that Troddeln missed in his containment splattered them.

Ai! [face_plain]

Luke shook his head, ?I?m not questioning you, Jacen, but I haven?t felt Ben all night.?

:_| Oh, oh... this is painful.

?It seems that you murdered the Chief of State.?

I think I'm kind of paralyzed with horror, here...

Yes, Luke, good Jedi Master. *pats* NOW KIDNAP YOUR DUMB AS SITH SON AND LOCK HIM UP SOMEWHERE BEFORE HE HURTS SOMEONE ELSE!

*pant* *eyes the drink that has somehow been knocked over* Sorry. I, um, was borrowing Harry Potter's capslocks of rage (tm). :p

Wow. That was an intense chapter, wasn't it? :p

19. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    flowerbee
    Oh dear. *gets "don't do it, Ben!" screaming out of system and settles in*
    That's good, because it doesn't do any good...you know that?
    Somehow, the attention to detail during the bit before Ben shoots Niathal makes it even sadder. It's like he's shutting himself off emotionally and trying to think about everything else... until that last moment. :_|
    That's the idea. I wanted to show that Ben has become a Sith Apprentice. No one knows it yet, that's all. But it is sad...
    as the grey and red tissue that Troddeln missed in his containment splattered them.

Ai! [face_plain]
    :p
    Luke shook his head, ?I?m not questioning you, Jacen, but I haven?t felt Ben all night.?

:_| Oh, oh... this is painful.
    Yes it is...but again necessary to show.
    ?It seems that you murdered the Chief of State.?

I think I'm kind of paralyzed with horror, here...
    Must I say it again...Sith. One reason I read the Darth Bane novel as I got to the end of this story was for research purposes as much as for filler until Inferno comes out. Remember, Ben likes learning from Bane's Holocron...that can't be good. [face_worried]
    Yes, Luke, good Jedi Master. *pats* NOW KIDNAP YOUR DUMB AS SITH SON AND LOCK HIM UP SOMEWHERE BEFORE HE HURTS SOMEONE ELSE!
    Hope he listens to you...:p
    *pant* *eyes the drink that has somehow been knocked over* Sorry. I, um, was borrowing Harry Potter's capslocks of rage (tm). :p
    [face_laugh]
    Wow. That was an intense chapter, wasn't it? :p
    This is becoming an intense story...What can I say? ;)
    Thanks for reading...[:D]

I'm hoping to have the next chapter up sometime this week...

I have it nearly written but need to tweak it majorly.

FL @};-

20. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Here's the next chapter...I'm about finished with Inferno....WOW!!!!!:eek: [face_hypnotized] ---I think it's the best of the LotF books so far...

With that said: I would like to explain that my idea of how Battle Meditation works comes from the novel Darth Bane: PoD. I didn't quite get what Caedus was doing...:rolleyes:.

[i][b]~Chapter 42~[/b][/i]
    43 ABY, 2.5 Months Later

Old Mining Asteroid, near Bimmiel

The blue whirl of hyperspace recoiled and instantly the cockpit viewport of the modified Skipray Blastboat was filled with the white pinpricks of stars against a black field and in the center of the scene was an asteroid field. The sun of the Bimmiel System shone dimly in the distance. Kam Solusar looked at the data coming across the monitor and sighed a deep breath. He knew that he could die here today, and he accepted that; his only wish was that he wouldn?t be the only one.

However, if he did die on this old hollowed out rock, he wasn?t going to make the same mistake Katarn and Azur-Jamin had when they went off searching for the Sith Adapt known as Vongerella. He pressed the keys on his control and dumped the sensor data to his comm unit. Then with one more forlorn look at the asteroid, with the hope that he wasn?t jinxing himself, he hit the send key. The senor data was being sent off to someone he knew he could trust, with the expressed instructions to wait three days after receiving it before having it delivered to Luke Skywalker. The instructions were simple. If Kam didn?t contact his friend, the onetime smuggler was to deliver the message that would let the Grand Master know that this was Kam?s last stop. Unlike Katarn, who died somewhere unknown, the Jedi would know where to pick up the trail on Lumiya.

Kam had spent the past two and half months, after the funeral for his wife and the service for his friends, following endless leads. He knew he was being strung along, but he, nonetheless, followed them. And he knew when he came to the end that he would be walking into a trap?a trap he was willing to spring.

He took a calming breath again and looked down as the comm beeped that the data had been successfully received. [i]I can?t turn back[/i], he thought. [i]But then I don?t want to. I?m not doing this for vengeance, Tionne. I know that you wouldn?t want me to fall to the Dark Side over your death and I bet that was why you didn?t join the Force. You wanted to make me find patience before I could go off Sith hunting. Well, don?t worry, Silver, I?m not going to fall, to do so would cheapen the nearly thirty years we?ve loved each other. I?m doing this because I refuse to let the Sith get any stronger.[/i]

He would be lying to himself if he said that when he set out for Commenor after Tionne died that his thoughts were anything but Light-side thinking. He wanted vengeance. He wanted to find the killer and do to her what she had done to the woman he loved. She had been his only family; she had shared so much with him. She had been his best friend and lover and the one person who knew him as well as he knew himself, if not better. And the thought that he was now all alone nearly drove him to the brink.

But the funeral proved that he wasn?t alone. Nearly every Knight that could get away from their missions came to it, most of them he and Tionne had a hand in teaching. Even the Antilles sisters sent sympathy vidcards along with one from Jaina Solo and Valin Horn. Kam hadn?t received them until much later, but the fact that they cared enough to send a condolence was what mattered. It had been Booster Terrik who had given them to him. The Corellian was still jaunting around the galaxy with his personal Star Destroyer. They had met up near Kuat when Kam was following a lead. They had become friends during the Vong War and it was to Booster that he had sent the sensor data. Booster?s anger that anyone would want to hurt Tionne was the last thing that allowed Kam to realize that despite his family being gone, he was no

21. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    looks like i'm first to reply...

Kam's thoughts on his past actions and current mission were great, and i like that he's left a trail in case things go wrong with Lumiya. hopefully that precaution won't be needed though.

the Ben/Jys scene was interesting, from choosing a name to Ben's thoughts on the developments in the war.

and [face_dancing] for the Empire beating Jacen in a battle, especially with Valin and the IK's reversing Troddelen's Battle Meditation using Luke's teachings.

another wonderful chapter =D=

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I?m not doing this for vengeance, Tionne. I know that you wouldn?t want me to fall to the Dark Side over your death and I bet that was why you didn?t join the Force. You wanted to make me find patience before I could go off Sith hunting. Well, don?t worry, Silver, I?m not going to fall, to do so would cheapen the nearly thirty years we?ve loved each other. I?m doing this because I refuse to let the Sith get any stronger.

Aww! That's good to hear though, I'm so glad he's not going to fall.

I really liked Kam's history being put in here. Lets us see all Kam really had to go through and how it bolsters what he feels he has to do now.

He knew that he?d be a better father than his was to him

*blink* excuse me? :mad: Luke is not a bad father you......

and not all of his decisions were always good ones

Well...at least he knows that.

the repulsion his son felt for him that Ben sensed from the boy was what frightened Ben the most. The vision ended there and it left Ben trembling as he had come out of the meditation that next morning after he preformed the act that proved to Jacen that he was serious about embracing the Sith.

Hm, Ben, let's think about this. Maybe....just MAYBE your son is repulsed for you because you're a Sith. No...well THAT can't be it, now can it?

Please tell me you'll fix that. [face_praying]

Before she could come off the bed to come after him, he laughed and leapt on to the mattress to kneel behind her, losing the towel in the process. His arms encircled her and he whispered in her ear causing her to shudder in spite of her giggles, ?Of course, I may want to undress you first.?

Hehe, that's adorable.
    Wait, I'm supposed to hate him.
    But it's so cute! I can see him doing that. It does make him seem...older with a hint of childishness in him.

Fel was planning on giving Coruscant?and any other planet the Empire could seize?to his lover-turned-bride as a wedding gift

Oh wow. Talk about a big wedding gift!

I know I?ll never live up to my name in my father?s eyes.?

Not if you turn Sith dummy. Okay, thank you. I'm back to not liking him :)

Jys took a deep breath as she looked him in the eye and said, ?Zane. Zane Skywalker.?

So I definitely told my friend maybe 3 days ago that I love the name Zane. Zane Skywalker is perfect, I love it! :) Especially if he'll have the dark[er red] hair and blue eyes. Mmhmm :D
    "gift from the gods" I really like :)

It sometimes bothered Valin and Jessi that they were unable to find a single non-human Force-sensitive among the Imperial Military

But just sometimes, right ;)

Out of the thousands of questionnaires sent out, two hundred came back as possible candidates. After reviewing those two hundred, fifty were chosen and finally after Leia, Jaina, Valin and Jessi tested them, twenty were selected to be the first class of Imperial Knights.

Awesome! Sure 20 may not be a whole lot but it's not a TERRIBLE start

Jessi tried to talk him out of it but in the end she saw his point and so with great apprehension during one of their training session, she pulled her blaster and shot Valin.

[face_laugh] No arguing with a Corellian :p Well I'm glad the pilots left him alone after that.

Valin felt Jacen?s instant fiery rage, but the Knights were not intimated by the oily dark presence trying to force itself into their battle-meld, they simply expanded their block.

Awesome! I'm glad they won the battle. I really liked the reverse battle meditation

23. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    that was amazing! Go Luke! Go Valin! Really though how can Jys not notice that her husband has dreams of galactic domination.

That was a great post!

PHGS Weyr

24. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I'm really liking Inferno, too. Even if the beginning bit made me want to smack something. :p

Yes, I know that yelling at the character doesn't any good. Bad habit from having fandoms with such idiot characters. [face_laugh] I yell at the characters in pro-fic, too, only that's somehow not nearly as much fun. :p

He knew that he could die here today, and he accepted that; his only wish was that he wouldn?t be the only one.

You see? How do you not want to scream at someone who says crap like that?? :p No, Tionne would not have wanted him to go on a hunt that would likely get him killed. No matter what his intentions. Him going rogue and off away from all the other Jedi is exactly what His Sithliness wanted. Also, loosing Kam and Tionne will hit everyone harder than many others because they are the ones that have taught and shaped so many of the young Jedi. Without them, there will be that much more floundering. :(

She had been his only family; she had shared so much with him. She had been his best friend and lover and the one person who knew him as well as he knew himself, if not better. And the thought that he was now all alone nearly drove him to the brink.

:_| Oh, Force. It's like he's been broken in half. Like he's all ready dead in his mind.

All that was left was his Sacrifice.

Oh. *squeak* I hadn't realized *that* was going to factor into everything. Crap. He's going to kill one of his parents, isn't he? :_| I really hope that he isn't that far gone.

showed that Fel was planning on giving Coruscant?and any other planet the Empire could seize?to his lover-turned-bride as a wedding gift.

*eyeroll* :p That is just too funny. :p

However, he had a real surprise waiting for him. The Imperial Knights immediately responded as they had been taught which caused Valin?s chest swell with pride. They reached out within their battle-meld and sent out a block to the mediation Jacen was forcing not only onto the Imperial troops but those of the Alliance as well. Valin felt Jacen?s instant fiery rage, but the Knights were not intimated by the oily dark presence trying to force itself into their battle-meld, they simply expanded their block.

Ha! [face_devil] That's a bit of hope, at least. Glad to see Valin and the rest of the Imperial side doing well. :D Planets for wedding gifts... pah. Jag's not that tacky. :p

Great chapter! :D

25. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.