main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Path of Dreams --LotF AU--B/J, J/J/Z, Jacen,-SFFA 2007 Best Romance--COMPLETED: 01/10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    :_| Wow, this story went way dark! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cilghal had been furious with Corran for him not letting her know what was going on with Jacen.

I?d love to see that scene written! I like Cighal, but I bet she?s no push over!

Poor Jysella, I know she will be fine. She?s no Padme after all.

?I know they mean business, Tahiri. Get to the top turret gun and have one of the other Knights take the lower. Doran, strengthen those aft shields and keep an eye on the ceiling. I?m going to get us out of here.?

I liked seeing Corran take charge and fly with awesome skills. Having never read the X wing books I never got the full force of pilot Corran! Very cool! I may end up liking him due to your writing of him.

Dur hated to grovel and someday he wouldn?t have to. As soon as Centerpoint was completely functional, it would be Jagged Fel who did the groveling.

Yeh, right, that?s a delusion!

Jag sat back in his chair and Dur fought the urge to squirm from the younger man?s penetrating gaze. Suddenly, he wondered if that Jedi stuff could be passed to someone else. The Emperor?s fascination with Jedi was well known and the man was even married to one. He had heard stories that Jedi lovers formed some sort of mind-reading bond. Then he remembered that the Emperor?s wife had been a Killik Joiner. Maybe she has rubbed off on him, he thought, as Jag continued to scrutinize him.

Those thoughts were cool! Jag is more Jedi than Han...really!

Within thirty minutes he was breaking out of Bastion orbit, heading directly to Centerpoint. He had to destroy that hideous clone before he was old enough to destroy Corellia.

?bout time Gejjen, get with the program!

He knew she was on that ship and something truly died in him when he watched the Anakin?s guns open up on the transport. It wasn?t really pain that he felt, but he knew that whatever life he had dreamt of as Ben Skywalker was really gone forever. He was sure his father-in-law was flying because, if it had been anyone else piloting the ship, it would have been destroyed. His wife and son would have been killed and he would have done nothing to stop it. :_|

I?m not sure even Anakin as Vader was that cold. He only really flipped after Padme died!!!!

2. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    :D I gotta love Corran, that old rogue can still fly!

I loved this chapter. I hope the Jedi find Booster and Mirax okay. [face_plain] It?s such a sad moment of history repeating itself?. The poor Jedi always seem to end up being scapegoats and innocent victims of political conflicts and galactic power shifts. :(

?On second thought, I will assemble my team now and leave as soon as they are ready. The sooner we have Centerpoint in our possession, the sooner this war will be over.?

Damn, this sounds bad.

Ben really is lost. I can?t see him coming back to the Light at all. He?s turned against Jys now, for real! That?s unbelievable. Even Anakin/Vader still loyally felt for and loved Padme, to the point of blind love and obsession.

Can?t wait for more.
    Thanks for the PM. Lovin? this! ;)

3. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Wonderful moment watching Dur get played by Jag all the while he thought he was doing the playing. Stupid man gets what he deserves for playing with Sith.

So now the Jedi have escaped, what option do they have except the Empire- what wonderful irony. And they should feel bad for letting the Sith jump them the same way twice.

So now, my only question is how long before Krayt kills his esteemed master? I know Centerpoint can't be good for anyone, but I'm not too worried about anyone. OF course a few planets might disappear...:eek:

Wonderful update. I can't wait to see Jys and Valin's reunion. I know you have that planned for us soon ;) please!

Can't wait for more, as always [:D]

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    PHGS_Weyr
    hmmm and now Ben is going to take the throne?
    Not yet, he still is thinking about his cousin in a positive way....but...that may change.

SWpants666
    I tell you that none of that none of it is true. I am of course, as dedicated to the GA and to the Force as I always have.

Yeah, right. And of course, the civilians will buy it. Because who CAN'T listen to Jacen? :rolleyes:
    Exactly...Who didn't listen to old Palpy? And besides, Jacen is better looking...:p

Read the history books. I can?t believe no one sees the similarity.?

Me neither. People are blind.
    Yes they are...How many times has history repeated itself even here on earth?

Cilghal, who revealed to Corran that she too had heard the soft words of Luke, commanding her to lead the Jedi upon feeling his death, suggested that the Jedi immediately leave Coruscant and find Booster Terrik.

Great plan. Poor Booster. Whenever things get rough, the Jedi go to him :p
    True, but they won't be there long.

Doran smirked as he commented, ?In the famous words of so many before us: This is where the fun begins.?

[face_laugh] True
    ;)

All of it added up to one thing?Dur had been a fool.

Well, I'm glad he finally figured THAT out. *sigh*
    I hope he destroys the clone before it's too late.
    Yes, but is it too late? And we will have to wait and see?

You know, it's funny because when I came up with the idea of cloning Anakin Solo, I figured everyone would want for him to live. But it seems I've made him such a hideous thing that everyone just wants him dead.

His wife and son would have been killed and he would have done nothing to stop it.

But Jysella was a traitor, he reminded himself, just as his mother and father had been

:eek: No. He can't honestly be turning away from Jys. Can he? :_|
    That's so upsetting.
    It is upsetting...but then that is the way of the Dark Side, isn't it? Jacen was so consumed by it--in this story anyway--that he, not only killed Tenel Ka while he kissed her no less, but was willing to kill Allana as well. And Anakin would have probably choked Padmé if Obi-wan wouldn't have stopped him. :_|

iamobiwan1970
    :_| Wow, this story went way dark! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Yes, it did. But there will be a happy ending... I hope...

Cilghal had been furious with Corran for him not letting her know what was going on with Jacen.

I?d love to see that scene written! I like Cighal, but I bet she?s no push over!
    No, she isn't and I like her too. Maybe on the rewrite that I'm working on for the Archive, I'll add it in.
    Poor Jysella, I know she will be fine. She?s no Padme after all.
    No she isn't. And hopefully she will be just fine.
    ?I know they mean business, Tahiri. Get to the top turret gun and have one of the other Knights take the lower. Doran, strengthen those aft shields and keep an eye on the ceiling. I?m going to get us out of here.?

I liked seeing Corran take charge and fly with awesome skills. Having never read the X wing books I never got the full force of pilot Corran! Very cool! I may end up liking him due to your writing of him.
    Actually, it was Zahn's version of Corran that I fell in love with in the HoT books, but I've tried to stay true to Stackpole's characterization of him. I depise what Denning did to his character and really don't even take that into too much concideration when I'm writing him, save for some of the bickering between Kyp and him, but even that I try to dignify more so than what Denning did. I hadn't read Stackpole's X-wing Books until last winter but I'm glad that I did. They are really good. Corran might be a bit of a "Gary-Stu", but he's a good character and a great pi

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    [face_laugh] So very true ;) Except I know the Dark Side has to start making him not look better. Paply didn't start out bad looking!

And the thing with the clone is that the reason for cloning him is just horrible. Anakin is dead; unless the Force were to bring him back or something, it'd be one thing. But cloning him...
    and maybe if it was Han and Leia's idea to do it? But it's Jacen's just so he can use Centerpoint. No, I never wanted that clone to live.

6. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I have been gone for awhile. Your chapters have been really great. I feel so sorry for Jys. Ben is becoming such a butt. I hope it gets better for them as time goes on.

7. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Your story is too good to let go of just because it gets dark (heck, that's part of the reason it is so good. (Fiend.)).

?I still cannot comprehend the particulars, so painful they are to my heart, but apparently Luke Skywalker, along with his wife Mara, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Kam Solusar and possibly Cilghal, planned to assassinate me and set themselves up as governors by claiming that I do not have the best intentions for the Galactic Alliance and that I have stopped following the Force.

The wicked witch of the west still babbling, eh? Sheesh. Can someone shoot him all ready (Corran? :p)?

?Nothing, except our wonderful Chief of State has just made it more difficult to escape.?

And they are chatting about the news... why? :p

Jysella was certain Ben was the one who killed his mother.

Awwww! :( That is just so indescribably horrible.

?Yes, Master,? the lovers said in unison as they shared a meaningful glance to each other.

[face_laugh] Okay, those two being together just cracks me up for some reason. I dig it, though. It's cute.

This is where the fun begins.?

Okay. Perhaps not the best person to be quoting at the moment, Doran. [face_laugh]

?I?ve received intelligence from a highly reliable source that implicates Jacen Solo in a plan to produce a clone of his deceased brother??

... Oh, that is just so infuriating! :mad:

*reaches through the screen and slaps Ben upside the head* Yooou deluded little matricidal brat. [face_plain]

8. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Alishu06
    I have been gone for awhile. Your chapters have been really great. I feel so sorry for Jys. Ben is becoming such a butt. I hope it gets better for them as time goes on.
    Thanks... Trust me, I know all about DRL lately. Yes, Ben is a butt...And we will have to wait and see.

flowerbee
    Your story is too good to let go of just because it gets dark (heck, that's part of the reason it is so good. (Fiend.)).
    Thanks, I'm glad that you are enjoying the darkness that it seems to have fallen into.

?I still cannot comprehend the particulars, so painful they are to my heart, but apparently Luke Skywalker, along with his wife Mara, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Kam Solusar and possibly Cilghal, planned to assassinate me and set themselves up as governors by claiming that I do not have the best intentions for the Galactic Alliance and that I have stopped following the Force.

The wicked witch of the west still babbling, eh? Sheesh. Can someone shoot him all ready (Corran? :p)?
    Hopefully someone does, soon. But I wonder if it's only Jacen they need to really worry about...[face_devil]

?Nothing, except our wonderful Chief of State has just made it more difficult to escape.?

And they are chatting about the news... why? :p
    [face_laugh]

Jysella was certain Ben was the one who killed his mother.

Awwww! :( That is just so indescribably horrible.
    Yes it is....:_|

?Yes, Master,? the lovers said in unison as they shared a meaningful glance to each other.

[face_laugh] Okay, those two being together just cracks me up for some reason. I dig it, though. It's cute.
    I wish that I could have given them more page time in the story, but alas they just didn't get it. Maybe some time I should come up with a plot just for them.
    This is where the fun begins.?

Okay. Perhaps not the best person to be quoting at the moment, Doran. [face_laugh]
    Well, he is Kell Tainer's son...[face_laugh]

?I?ve received intelligence from a highly reliable source that implicates Jacen Solo in a plan to produce a clone of his deceased brother??

... Oh, that is just so infuriating! :mad:
    Yep....
    *reaches through the screen and slaps Ben upside the head* Yooou deluded little matricidal brat. [face_plain]
    You probably will want to do more than that to him after you read the next chapter....[face_devil]

[hr]

It is hard to believe that I started this story exactly 1 year ago today...

[hr]

[i][b]~Chapter 48~[/b][/i]

Emperor?s Private Communications Room, Imperial Palace, Bastion

?Emperor Fel.? Corran Horn bowed his head in greeting after the hypercomm connected. Then smiling he looked at the woman standing beside her husband in the holocam of their comm station, ?Jaina, I?m sorry about this all happening during what should be a happy time for you??

Jaina sadly smiled and replied, ?I?m sorry too, Corran?About Ben, I couldn?t believe it when Kyp told us.? She swallowed and shook her head, again wondering how she could have prevented this all from happening. ?How?s Jysella holding up??

Corran shrugged and looked down. Suddenly, Jaina thought the Jedi Master looked very haggard and warn. ?She?s doing as well as can be expected. Cilghal has put her into a trance to prevent her from going into labor. She?s afraid that the stress could cause her to go into it prematurely like she had before.? He looked up and shook his head, ?She?ll be fine. She?s always been strong, but I know she?s hurting.?

Jag acknowledged the Jedi Master?s hologram by saying, ?Master Horn, I assume you and the Jedi are away from Coruscant??

Corran scowled, ?Yes, but barely. GAG and the [i]Anakin Solo[/i] tried to prevent us from leaving. Jacen has warrants out for our arrests for conspiracy and attempted assassination. Any Jedi that does not vow allegiance

9. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Hmmm I wonder... will she be able to get him back? Well, I guess we'll see then... Well done like always...

10. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    [face_worried] oooh I'm scared!!! Poor Jys i hope it all works out for her...

Great Job Master!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?Once we got to the Errant Venture, I sent out a beacon to all the Jedi in the field. They are instructed to go into hiding.? Corran took a noticeable deep breath and, as he let it out slowly, he added, ?I suppose we are better off than the Old Order had been,

I was just thinking about how much it paralleled what happened with the Old Order. Better off, yeah, I guess. But it still totally sucks.

He loved Jysella so much and he thought she had loved him. How could she reject him and his love?

*glares at him*
    stupid Sith way

He did love something more than Jysella.

He loved the power of the Dark Side.

:mad: He's so much worse than Anakin. So much worse.

?But, hey, if you really don?t want to take my word for it, just wait and the wannabe galactic-controlling Sith Lord, Jacen Solo, and his Sith Apprentice, Ben Skywalker, will make you wish you had.?

Heh, gotta love Han. He knows how to get right to the point.

?Thank you, Dad. I just have to try. Please and try to understand. Maybe, if I could talk to Ben, he?d come back to me.?

Could it be possible? I'm worried for them all

12. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    wow, a one year journey with this story! It's grown a lot since it started. Meaning, OMG! Ben's a cold blooded Sith!!!!! :eek:

The Empire will be strong with the Jedi as part of it. ?

You gotta love that line..it?s so ironic!

Krayt pulled the Force to him, letting its crisp Darkness tingle though him. After a long moment of every eye resting on him uncertainly, the Sith lifted the lit saber to slice through the man?s neck, as cleanly and as emotionless as one would cut through blue milk butter.

With his black helmet on and all I imagine this is very much like a typical day in the life of his grandfather, Darth Vader.

Krayt?s voice held a deadly edge that none of those who served with the boy-commander had ever heard?As he closed the black gloved thumb and index fingers together the older man began to clutch at his throat.

More Vader Jr. Which is such a pull for me as I follow this story. I can't believe how dreadfully dark and evil Ben is! He's crazy! (we all know Jacen is, but Ben!) :_|

I like Vongerella?s background story!

And I like that Jysella hasn't given up hope [yet].

=D=

13. JadedSkycrawler

JadedSkycrawler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2002
    Corran shook his head as he quietly said, ?I don?t know, Jaina. But it?s not just Jacen?s betrayal that hurts. It?s Ben?s. I never did approve of his relationship with Jysella, but over the past few months I began to think that maybe I was wrong. I really thought that he loved her. I guess I was wrong.

Ahhh! But of course he still loves her, Corran! Don't give up yet!
    He'll see... Though this line was really, truly sad... [face_worried]

?I?m sorry to hear about that, Ben,? sincerely said the older male co-pilot, Ron Starson. ?I?ve seen you two together for over a year now. You kids seemed so crazy in love.?

Pain. There it was. Clear, sharp, heartbreaking pain. He knew the pain would come. Fighting the urge to gasp at the intensity of it in his heart, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

=D= I really did love how this particular scene was written. Very remniscent of Anakin Skywalker- ohh don't you just love to see history repeat itself ALL over again. o_O

Jacen had once told him that to become a Sith meant that he had to love selflessly. He had to be willing to give up everything and possibly even those he loved for the greater good.

However, the boy who had been Ben Skywalker hadn?t loved selflessly, he loved selfishly and he was still not willing to give up Jysella.

There's hope!! And yet this passage is so perfectly heart-breaking. :_| Bien fait!

Han rolled his eyes and inhaled, Leia knew there was no use, Wekk was about ready to get Han?s temper full force, but at this point she wasn?t going to even try to blunt it.

Gotta love Han here. [face_love]

"...Blowing up planets may end up being a family trait.? Han?s final comment stung, but Leia knew what he was doing, he was reminding Jolana that, like it or not, Jacen and Ben were the grandsons of Darth Vader.

Ha, owned. Ouch! It's sad, however, to see Han admit this of his own son and nephew. Again, perfectly heartbreaking, and well done. [:D]

Dur never had time to really grasp what the Sith meant. With a quick movement of his wrist, Dur?s head was severed.

[face_worried] This certainly doesn't bode well for the future.
    We'll just have to wait and see if Jysella can't turn him around a bit, hmm? o_O

By far my favorite update- will definitely be waiting impatiently for another. [face_peace]

14. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    No, don't talk to Ben, Jysella. His grandmother tried that with a certain other Sith and that didn't work out very well, now did it? [face_not_talking] Oh, I don't want to smack Ben. No. I want to Death-Star him from a safe distance. He's scary. :p

15. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Sorry I'm so late to the party. I missed a lot.

This has the makings of a real mess. Centerpoint vs. the Confederacy Navy? I'm not feeling good about that, if a clone really does exist. Hopefully someone can stop that thing for good or this will be really messy, real quick. With everyone pouring out of the Empire to stop them, I fear some of them aren't coming back. I've wished that someone would take out Jacen for so long, but I think Ben is getting worse than his master.

Can Jys really bring him back? I feel like the answer is in a force-vision chapters back, so maybe I should go looking and not let that forshadowing go to waste ;)

On a personal note, I really hope that the S/S family doesn't have more loss in its near future unless the Sithly cousins decide to sit on a couple of thermal detonators.

I guess what I'm saying is: Jaina better not be a widow before she gets to have a family or a life, or more of the LJ-only stuff [face_love]

Sorry, I'm feeling depraved tonight [face_blush]

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    I'm late![face_blush] Sorry..

I liked this post, a good mixture of chat and action. Ben's cruel murderous actions are hard to read when you remember how he used to be, before the darkness.

I think Corran forming a partner-ship with the Empire, not officially serving it, is wise...

?Thank you, Dad. I just have to try. Please and try to understand. Maybe, if I could talk to Ben, he?d come back to me.?

Oh I hope she can help Ben, but it just feels like he's lost, he's gone too far. But there's always a glimpse of hope...

Great chapter!=D= Lookin' forward to more.

Thanks for the PMs.;)

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Trickster-Lead
    Hmmm I wonder... will she be able to get him back? Well, I guess we'll see then... Well done like always...
    Thanks...I hope she brings him back too....But....

PHGS_Weyr
    [face_worried] oooh I'm scared!!! Poor Jys i hope it all works out for her...
    [voice of Yoda]Oh you should be, be very afraid [/voice of Yoda][face_alien_1]

Great Job Master!
    Thanks!!!
    Thanks for the PM!
    You are welcome....[:D]

SWpants666
    ?Once we got to the Errant Venture, I sent out a beacon to all the Jedi in the field. They are instructed to go into hiding.? Corran took a noticeable deep breath and, as he let it out slowly, he added, ?I suppose we are better off than the Old Order had been,

I was just thinking about how much it paralleled what happened with the Old Order. Better off, yeah, I guess. But it still totally sucks.
    That's the irony of it...The New Order is better off but not by much...

He loved Jysella so much and he thought she had loved him. How could she reject him and his love?

*glares at him*
    stupid Sith way
    The Sith always sees things in absolutes and never sees themselves as being the one in the wrong...

He did love something more than Jysella.

He loved the power of the Dark Side.

:mad: He's so much worse than Anakin. So much worse.
    Yes he is...no pretending there.

?But, hey, if you really don?t want to take my word for it, just wait and the wannabe galactic-controlling Sith Lord, Jacen Solo, and his Sith Apprentice, Ben Skywalker, will make you wish you had.?

Heh, gotta love Han. He knows how to get right to the point.
    Yes he does...I love writing him and his directness...

Could it be possible? I'm worried for them all
    Emmm....points to the voice of Yoda above.....
    Thanks for reading....[:D]

iamobiwan1970
    wow, a one year journey with this story! It's grown a lot since it started. Meaning, OMG! Ben's a cold blooded Sith!!!!! :eek:
    Yes he is...it really is hard to go back and re-read some of the first book without feeling my heartbreak at what I did to him...I've been working on the re-write of this and have the first book done and off to the first beta. I'm hoping to get a, hopefully better written, version Archived.
    The Empire will be strong with the Jedi as part of it. ?

You gotta love that line..it?s so ironic!
    Yes it is...
    Krayt pulled the Force to him, letting its crisp Darkness tingle though him. After a long moment of every eye resting on him uncertainly, the Sith lifted the lit saber to slice through the man?s neck, as cleanly and as emotionless as one would cut through blue milk butter.

With his black helmet on and all I imagine this is very much like a typical day in the life of his grandfather, Darth Vader.
    You will never believe this but I didn't even think that until I read this response. Then I was like OMG...I can't believe I didn't see it when I was writing it...Is't that just too funny?....
    Krayt?s voice held a deadly edge that none of those who served with the boy-commander had ever heard?As he closed the black gloved thumb and index fingers together the older man began to clutch at his throat.

More Vader Jr. Which is such a pull for me as I follow this story. I can't believe how dreadfully dark and evil Ben is! He's crazy! (we all know Jacen is, but Ben!) :_|
    Yes, he is crazy...Very crazy...but then if you think about it, it makes sense. As you know, I used to be a high school teacher and had my far share of adolescent psychol

18. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Okay... we are gearing up for the last two chapters (excluding the epilogue). That's right folks after this chapter only two more to go. I can't believe it!

[i][b]~Chapter 49~[/b][/i]

[i]Intrepid[/i], Near Arkania

Valin watched as the beat up old transport and the [i]Pulsar Skate[/i] set down upon their landing gear in the small hangar away from the main one of the [i]Intrepid[/i]. Within minutes the hatch to the [i]Skate[/i] opened and Valin smiled as Mirax bounded from the ship. She threw her arms around Valin and he tightly hugged her back. They had endured longer separations, but mother and son had never endured so many life changes within the year and half that they had been apart.

?I?ve missed you Mom,? he whispered.

?Valin,? she finally said as she pulled away to look at him. She touched his face and ran her hand through his short dark hair, ?you look so?so??

?Imperial,? supplied Corran when he came up behind his wife.

Valin looked from his mother to his father and smiled. Mirax stepped out of the way and into the arms of Syal who was standing beside her husband. He reached out with his hand and said, ?Hello, Dad.?

Corran took his hand and surprised Valin by pulling him into a powerful embrace. ?It?s good to see you, Son.?

Valin hugged his father back and met him with a smile when Corran finally let him go. ?I just wish it was under better circumstances.?

Syal stepped over to Corran and gave him a bright smile. He took her into his arms and gave him a tight hug. Syal had always been close to her ?Uncle Corran? of course that hadn?t changed when she became his daughter-in-law. ?Hi, Dad.?

Letting her go, Corran gave her a surprised look. She laughed and kissed him on the cheek. ?Well, calling you ?Uncle Corran? and ?Aunt Mirax? just sounds so perverted. So, why [i]not[/i] Mom and Dad?? Then she looked over at Valin and he gave her a small nod. They had decided to tell the Horns as soon as possible about the baby. The news may bring some happiness amongst so much tragedy.

Mirax stepped beside Corran as Valin watched for Jysella, but then decided that it would be better to tell his sister separately. He smiled as he put his arm around his wife?s shoulders and rubbed his jaw with his free hand, saying, ?Of course, Grandpa and Grandma are good names too.?

It took Mirax less than a second to figure out what he meant. ?Valin? Syal?? she said, looking from one to the next, her excitement building in her voice as she said their names. Syal grinned and nodded, and Mirax immediately drew her daughter-in-law into her arms again. ?I can?t believe it!?

Corran, on the other hand, was still trying to figure it out, looking at the women with a puzzled expression. Valin laughed and slapped his father?s shoulder. Corran looked at his son and said, ?You aren?t talking about your sister, are you??

Valin shook his head and said, laughing, ?No, Dad. Syal?s pregnant. We didn?t want to wait to tell you. We figured it might bring a ray of hope to think that the Horns are single-handedly repopulating the galaxy.?

Corran laughed and hugged Valin again, slapping him on his back. ?I?m not so sure that?s a good thing. Congratulations you two.?

Syal beamed as she replied, ?Thank you.?

Valin felt her troubled spirit come closer and looked past his parents at the other Jedi as they filed off the transport. He waved at Doran and Tahiri, who were coming toward them, and then his eyes fell upon Jysella as she came down the ramp of the [i]Skate[/i]. Stopping, she looked at him, and Valin felt his heart twist. He knew that she was pregnant but, until he saw her standing there with her hands protectively resting on her rounded belly and looking the most vulnerable he?d ever seen her, it really hadn?t hit him.

He stepped way from his parents and wife and, after briefly saying hello to Tahiri and Doran, came to stand before his sister. He could s

19. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Oh wow, I beat the PM. I haven't been first in a long time!

Now, I have to say that I'm feeling pretty good about Jaina vs. Jacen. I always do, but I think she really has the Force on her side. And with everyone going with her, it will be pretty messy, but I think we know even Jacen can't keep going forever. And Jaina has the advantage that Luke and Mara didn't- she's prepared to kill him if she has to. I don't think Luke ever let himself think that way.

Now as for Jys's hairbrained idea of flying to Centerpoint, that has me nervous. Its going to take a lot of strength on her part to survive, considering how horrible Ben is feeling right now. He's ready to hurt her, if not kill her. The only thing keeping him from doing that is that he probably is already thinking about turning Zane already.

Oh what a chapter the next one will be. I sure hope its up soon. [:D]

=D=

20. JadedSkycrawler

JadedSkycrawler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2002
    Within minutes the hatch to the Skate opened and Valin smiled as Mirax bounded from the ship. She threw her arms around Valin and he tightly hugged her back. They had endured longer separations, but mother and son had never endured so many life changes within the year and half that they had been apart.

Valin's reunion with Mirax was very sweet. [face_blush]

Letting her go, Corran gave her a surprised look. She laughed and kissed him on the cheek. ?Well, calling you ?Uncle Corran? and ?Aunt Mirax? just sounds so perverted. So, why not Mom and Dad??

Haha. :D And I'm glad she called him "Dad". A very intimate gesture, so comfortable. Again, very sweet. If only we could say the same of, say, Ben and Corran, eh? :p Ha, I don't think he'll be calling him Dad anytime soon...

?Of course, Grandpa and Grandma are good names too.?

It took Mirax less than a second to figure out what he meant.

Somehow, I knew something like this was coming when Syal said, "Why not Mom and Dad?", and this was just perfect! [face_love]

He could see the haunted look in her eyes as she met his, and he suddenly wanted to very much make Ben Skywalker pay for all that he had done to his baby sister.

You know, what's so terribly conflicting about this is that, while you can certainly sympathize with Valin and would like to throw a punch or two at Ben in support, I also can't help but feel a bit sorry for Ben. How does that work?? ;)

Troddeln was actually amazed at Ben?s rapid fall. He had hoped that Jysella Horn would be the key to his cousin?s eventually fall to the Dark Side, but what had happened was more than he could have wished for. Young Darth Krayt had no qualms about killing in order to achieve what he wanted. The Sith Master knew that Krayt no longer was trying to bring peace for Jysella and his unborn son, the newest Sith Lord was now only doing it totally for the power it brought to him.

Grrrr.....:mad:

Troddeln realized that if Krayt?s almost uncontrolled desire for power wasn?t sated soon, he may find himself facing his Apprentice long before he wanted too. A thought that the Sith Master did find discomforting because, as much as he didn?t want to destroy his cousin for the raw potential he had demonstrated, he didn?t want find himself at the wrong end of one of Krayt?s lightsabers either.

hmm...Very interesting. I very much liked this part, in particular. Nicely done!

She had more than once felt Jysella reach out to Ben in hopes to turn him around, but each time she did Ben responded by pouring his feeling of betrayal into the Force. It soon became too much for her young cousin-in-law and Cilghal, concerned about the baby, ordered Jys to stop or she?d sedated her.

:eek: [face_worried] NOT GOOD. Although, what's funny is that, despite the fact that this is obviously quite sad and unfortunate, a small part of me is saying, Bring on the drama! :p

She secretly hoped, though, that the same wouldn?t be true for Jacen. Despite all that he had done, she wanted to believe that somewhere in his heart, Jacen?the Jacen that used to talk to animals and wanted to find a peaceful resolution to life?s struggles?was still locked away.

SIGH. Oh, wouldn't we all. That is...those of us who aren't eagerly plotting/awating his demise...

She held his troubled gaze for a long moment, finally whispering, ?Jagged, I don?t want to do this, but it is what I?ve always been meant to do. I have to either destroy him or redeem him?? she swallowed hard and added in a cracking voice, ??or be destroyed by him.?

:_| This entire scene was wonderful. [The Jaina/Jag conversation, that is.] Emotion, intensity...cough, and not to mention, Jag was actually quite charming. [face_love]

Jag thought about it for a moment, and then he nodded. ?That may work. What about Ben??

Jaina shook her head and said, ?I don?t know. He wasn?t in my vision and besides he?s on Cente

21. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Valin smiled as Mirax bounded from the ship. She threw her arms around Valin and he tightly hugged her back. They had endured longer separations, but mother and son had never endured so many life changes within the year and half that they had been apart.

Aww :( I love how close they are though.

Troddeln was actually amazed at Ben?s rapid fall. He had hoped that Jysella Horn would be the key to his cousin?s eventually fall to the Dark Side, but what had happened was more than he could have wished for

*glares* die, Troddeln, die

It stabbed her heart to feel something so hauntingly familiar, but knew that it wasn?t him.

:( I can't even imagine. I feel so bad for the Solos. That is so uncool.

Finally, she understood what it meant to be the Sword of the Jedi.

[face_dancing] That's good. Kill Jacen. Please? :D

She finally nodded, agreeing with her husband. Although she had been training with the new Imperial Knight Apprentices, she would never defeat Jacen in a lightsaber battle, she knew that.

Well, good. Jag does have brains, after all. I'm glad she's listening to him.

Suddenly, the clone began to thrash on the Muun?s slender chest and began to mumble over and over, ?No, no?hurts.?

[face_worried]:_| the poor thing! I feel so bad for him, it's not his fault he was created for such an evil reason

She actually found herself blocking him, when the sorrow became too much, when the pain of feeling what had become of her husband threatened to overwhelm her.

I don't blame her for hiding. It's probably the best thing she could do.

Mirax narrowed her eyes and all but screamed, ?I don?t give a vapin? kriff about the Force! I can?t sit here idly while my family could be destroyed by the Sith!? However as the stronger Jedi held her fast by the upper arms and sent her wave after wave of reassurance through her, Mirax began to relax. She let out a sob and fell against the Mon Cal?s chest. Heaving and clinging to her friend as she babbled, ?Please let them be okay. Please?I can?t??

:_| I can't even imagine how horrible Mirax must be feeling. I really hope Jys & Zane will both be okay, and that either Ben dies or is turned back. Because I hate what the stupid Sith are doing too

22. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    *begins to wonder if his master has turned to the darkside*

That was really really great FL! Suitably scary and evil! defintly building up to an amazing finish!

Great Job!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Great long post!

I can?t believe this is coming to an end. I don?t see how there?s gonna be a happy ending, I really don?t. It?s so dark and doomed. But I guess we have to hope?.

Syal?s being pregnant is kinda a little glimpse of joy in the whole thing. :)

Jag?s concern for Jaina was very well played out. How Jaina could even think of taking on the Sith by herself is insane, I hope she survives this. She?s sword of the Jedi, its time to kick butt! Jag is very sweet when he?s worried and protective? :p

Heaving and clinging to her friend as she babbled, ?Please let them be okay. Please?I can?t??
    Uh oh?

Poor Mirax. :_| Jys has gone done something foolish . . I hope it works!

Thanks for this! ;) I loved reading this story. Can?t wait for more.

=D=

24. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    I am scared. I am very, very scared. [face_worried] Jysella is not being rational at all...

25. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi everyone!!! I'm sorry for the delayed response...Some of you have heard my sob story so many times...Well anyway... I really hate DRL!!!

Here are my responses to your comments on Chapter 49. I hopefully will have Chapter 50 up by this weekend. But first I'm way over due for my post on Staring from the Darkness so I will have to write that first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

padawanlost

Oh wow, I beat the PM. I haven't been first in a long time!
    :)
    Now, I have to say that I'm feeling pretty good about Jaina vs. Jacen. I always do, but I think she really has the Force on her side. And with everyone going with her, it will be pretty messy, but I think we know even Jacen can't keep going forever. And Jaina has the advantage that Luke and Mara didn't- she's prepared to kill him if she has to. I don't think Luke ever let himself think that way.
    Jaina vs. Jacen...Is coming. But even with the Force it won't be easy. He is a Sith, with bunches of Sith tricks up his slimy sleeves.
    You're right, Luke wanted to redeem him. He never wanted to kill him, that's one reason Luke was so easily defeated. Luke just couldn't believe that there still isn't good in Troddeln.

Now as for Jys's hairbrained idea of flying to Centerpoint, that has me nervous. Its going to take a lot of strength on her part to survive, considering how horrible Ben is feeling right now. He's ready to hurt her, if not kill her. The only thing keeping him from doing that is that he probably is already thinking about turning Zane already.
    Oh this hairbrain should have you worried, but whatever the outcome she most definitely has to be there.

Oh what a chapter the next one will be. I sure hope its up soon. [:D]
    Actually the next two are pretty action packed... Hopefully soon...
    =D=
    Thanks!!!![:D]

JadedSkycrawler
    Within minutes the hatch to the Skate opened and Valin smiled as Mirax bounded from the ship. She threw her arms around Valin and he tightly hugged her back. They had endured longer separations, but mother and son had never endured so many life changes within the year and half that they had been apart.

Valin's reunion with Mirax was very sweet. [face_blush]
    In my mind, at least for this story, Valin is very close to his mother, while Jys is close to Corran.

Letting her go, Corran gave her a surprised look. She laughed and kissed him on the cheek. ?Well, calling you ?Uncle Corran? and ?Aunt Mirax? just sounds so perverted. So, why not Mom and Dad??

Haha. :D And I'm glad she called him "Dad". A very intimate gesture, so comfortable. Again, very sweet. If only we could say the same of, say, Ben and Corran, eh? :p Ha, I don't think he'll be calling him Dad anytime soon...
    I wanted to show again just how close the Antilles/ Horn clans are. I was thrilled with Allston's inference to them playing together in Fury before the final battle. That was just awesome. Not but a glimpse but it shows that no matter what they are as close as a "family". In fact, Corran's grief over Wedge's death had as much to do with his turn around in this story as what happened to Valin when he was court-martialed.

Now about the prodigal Son-in-law...:mad:

?Of course, Grandpa and Grandma are good names too.?

It took Mirax less than a second to figure out what he meant.

Somehow, I knew something like this was coming when Syal said, "Why not Mom and Dad?", and this was just perfect! [face_love]
    I'm glad that you liked that. I wracked my brain on how I was going to spill the beans to the Horns about Grandbaby #2.

He could see the haunted look in her eyes as she met his, and he suddenly wanted to very much make Ben Skywalker pay for all that he had done to his baby sister.

You know, what'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.