main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Path of Dreams --LotF AU--B/J, J/J/Z, Jacen,-SFFA 2007 Best Romance--COMPLETED: 01/10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Bad me for not keeping up. Ben has me really worried going to Jacen, but Jyeslla's certainly not ready for her trials if she sacrifices duty for time with Ben- no matter how in love they are.

I like the developments with Jaina and Zekk. I guess they are going to help Valin out.

Loved Syal and Wedge. It seems that Jacen is the only one excited about continued fighting. Sounds like another Sith lord I remember...

=D=

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Wow.
    That's all I can say.
    Wow.

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks guys [face_blush] ...I really wish that I could respond to everyone but I'm really running behind...So, I'm going to post this instead...

Hope you all enjoy...:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 12~

Mara Jade Skywalker?s Office, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Jysella entered the office of her Master and smiled at the older woman who sat behind the simple desk. Mara pushed her long wavy red-gold hair behind her ear and returned Jysella?s smile. ?Please, Jys, sit down.?

Jys nodded and took the seat before the metal desk. Mara folded her arms over the top and leaned over them. ?I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you, Jysella. You have been a pleasure to teach this past year.?

Jys averted her eyes and softly replied, ?Thank you, Master. But you?ve been a great teacher.? She then looked up at Mara and went on, ?It?s been a real privilege to study with you.?

Mara smiled and nodded her acknowledgement of the compliment. Then she announced, ?I believe that you are more than ready for your trials, Jysella. I have talked to the rest of the Council about your skill and your talents and we are all in agreement.?

Jysella swallowed as she realized that she couldn?t hedge the fact that Mara wanted her to move on. She and Mara had a wonderful relationship; they always had ever since she was little. Her mother and Mara were close friends and had been since before Mara became a Jedi or was even married to Luke. But recently Jysella could tell there was a tension between her master and her that had never been there before. Part of the strain came from the issue of Jysella?s readiness for the trials but, Jys knew the greatest part came from her relationship with Ben.

?Thanks, Master. I will not disappoint you,? she quietly responded. There was nothing more she could do. If she wanted this path for herself, she had to move on. She knew she was ready for the next step. She wanted to be a Jedi, she wanted to go on missions and help people. She missed that part of her apprenticeship because Mara was more involved with the Council than actively going on missions as often as Kirana Ti had.

However, she wondered what would become of Ben if she was sent away and what would become of her. She knew they had become too attached to each other. They hadn?t said so but she knew they both wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. They just wished their families wanted them too.

Mara smiled, stood and came around the desk to lean against the front. After folding her arms over her chest she went on to announce. ?I know that this may seem sudden especially with what?s going on with Valin but I?ve went ahead and made the arrangements. We will leave for Ossus next week after you lifeday. Then when we come back I?m sure the Council will have a mission for you.?

Jys forced a smile and quietly said with trepidation, ?I?ll be ready.?

~~~

Skywalker Apartment, Temple District, Coruscant

?You know, I really don?t care that you don?t want me to do this,? Ben yelled at his father. ?You don?t want me to do anything! If it was up to you, I?d probably spend my entire life locked away on Ossus.?

?Ben,? Luke was desperately trying to remain calm. ?You are only fifteen years old. You are too young to be an officer in the military!?

Ben glared at Luke and shook his head, ?Don?t give me that. Besides I?ll be sixteen in six months. Admiral Darklighter was only sixteen when he joined Rogue Squadron and so was Jaina. As officers.?

Luke was beyond frustrated. It took all his training as a Jedi Master not to bellow at his son. ?Ben, I forbid you from doing this!?

Ben turned and stared at Luke with his hands balled into fists and a defiance in his hard blue eyes that actually startled Luke. ?You forbid me? You forbid me! Father, I may be your son but I signed up to be part of the GAG and now the Fifty-first. Jacen sees my work as important and so do I. I didn?t come here t

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Chapter

For some reason I hate Jacen in this chapter!

5. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    we all hate Jacen no matter what if its legacy
    the Dragon me likey
    cuz im the dragon
    nice though
    Death TO JACEN

6. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    ^I agree. Jacen must die.

But great Benella mushiness. [face_love] I'm a sucker for Benella.

I wish that Ben didn't have to fight with his parents. :( I almost cried in that scene.

Great update, FL, and thanks for the PM. [:D]

7. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    I agree. Jacen is evil.

But Ben and Jysella were sweet together.

Another great update. =D=

8. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Another chapter nicely done=D=

9. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Awwies for Benella! [face_love] Very sweet, and I don't think Ben sounds too old either, I've read Bloodlines and I was thinking, damn <for lack of a better word ;),> was I that smart at thirteen? But yeah, I definately agree Ben grew up very quickly. Tis a bit sad though, and Jacen's infulence certainly doesn't help.

A great chapter, hope to see a lot more soon and cheers for the PM! [:D]

10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    yeah, Ben does seem a little grown up. But it does make sense, seeing the company he finds himself in. Also, he's what, 16? 16 year old boys DEFINITELY think things like "I want to be with you." I'm glad Jys stopped it & with good reasoning too, not just that he was "too young." And I'm glad Ben understood and didn't pursue the issue cause that would have been bad.

very great chapter. I understand about not having the time to reply to comments. It's such a great story so far

11. Claribel

Claribel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Oh, raising Ben must be a great trial, even for a Jedi Master!:D
    Well, Ben might be acting older than he is. But in his family it's probably the first time someone does that...:D
    And as for Jacen, he's just a Jedi knight who fell in love with a queen and in an atempt to make the galaxy better place for her and their child he killed her and became a Sith lord. (well he killed her in your fic) It's not like it has never happened before;)
    Anyway, great chapter!:)

12. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I'll drop a full reply here in a few hours (unless you post here in this short window) but I want you to know I'm still reading. I just have to get some homework finished . . .

13. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    another great post! =D=

I didn?t come here to ask for your permission. I came here to tell you that this was going to happen.?

Young spirited Ben is an exciting child for the Skywalker?s to have and it makes for more interesting reading. I don't think you have written him too old at al. He is interacting mostly with adults and he will act adult in those circumstances. where teens show their youth is often in their perspectives on things. If we were to tap into Ben's inner thoughts we might see his black and white world of absolutes and possible emotional immaturity, but outwardly there is no reason why he could not be the way he is.

Sweet Benella moments. The necklace made me think of Anakin and Padme of course!!!

When it does happen I want it to be perfect, Beno_O

Please forgive me for saying this: but Gag! Jysella you are 19, get a grip girl and go with the flow! Flowerlady I?m hoping for this in unedited form on your other site!!! [face_praying]

14. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Awesum! Awesum! Awesum! (Sorry to be repetitive but it is!!!)

I really enjoyed this chapter, for obvious reasons . . :p

The Benella mush was perfectly written, I think they're so cute together. (I'm an old romantic at heart, can't ya tell?o_O . . LOL [face_laugh])

But Ben's vision . . damn! I hope he doesn't do anything like his grandfather . . but then again . . where would be the fun?! [face_mischief] Plus FL's writing this so its bound to be interesting to see how this unfolds out!;) You've got a skill of keeping us readers gripped FL, so I hope for another chapter soon!!! :D

Great update!=D=

15. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Great update! :D

16. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks everyone for sticking with this...I'm so glad that you all liked that chapter...[face_blush]

To let you all know....We are actually near the end of Book 1 or Part 1 (Chapter 15) as planned the whole story will be about 45 chapters long, broken into three parts....I'm also nearing the word count for NaNo...currently I'm at 45,398 [face_dancing]

Again, I really wish I could respond individually but I did want to comment on something iamobiwan1970 and SWpants666 said.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 13~

Admiral?s Quarters, Intrepid, Dubrillion System

Jag Fel hit the receiver of the holocomm and stood at attention while the image of his immediate superior came to life. Jag saluted Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon and the old Imperial Remnant leader returned the gesture, ?Grand Admiral, I am pleased to announce that Dubrillion System has been secured.?

Dubrillion, which had been one of the first industrialized planets to fall to the Yuuzhan Vong, had been among the first to be resettled after it had been reclaimed by the Reconstruction Authority. Seeing the opportunity, Imperial industry invested billions of credits to revitalize the planet and its asteroid mining and weapon building industries. Although, the planet became heavily Imperial in its society and industry, it still was a full member in the GFFA. However, since the Remnant dissolved its affiliation with the GA and became allies with the Corellia, the GA had been desperately trying to prevent Dubrillion from joining the Insurgents.

Jag?s fleet had been called in after the success at Bothawui to ensure the GA force stationed at Dubrillion was defeated and the system would be free to not only join the Insurgents but in reality the Remnant. Jag had proven to the GA command that the youngest and newest Imperial admiral was truly a force to reckon with.

Pellaeon smiled, ?Yes, Admiral, I?ve called to congratulate you on your success. You?ve made the Moffs very pleased.? Then his smile turned into a mischievous grin, ?Which has also confirmed my faith in you, Jagged.?

Jag swallowed and responded, ?Thank you, Sir. I?m glad that I?ve been able to live up to the expectations set for me.?

Pellaeon continued to grin and Jag got the impression tha

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    hehehe, love how Allia (and Mirax, Zekk & Jaina) planned Valin's escape. Or his eventual escape. Very awesome :)

18. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter!! THANKS![face_love]

19. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Oh wow! So much to comment on and so little time.

First: Jag!!! As Supreme Commander?!?! :eek: I love it. [face_love] I've been waiting for him to come into play in this story and you don't fail to surprise me.

Second: Yay for Valin![face_dancing] I love the way that the escape was planned. Allia...hehehe. :p Great acting.

Third: Boo for Corran. You don't just up and walk out on your son at a time like that. He can go join Jacen on the "Must Die" list.

Great update, as usual FL, and thanks for the PM. [:D] Keep going strong. You're almost there.

20. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    [face_dancing] I caught up finally!

Loved the conflict in chapter 12. Ben's parents have completely lost him. Now Jysella's being taken away. This is starting to look very dark for young Skywalker. Just as Jacen wants it.

The GAG soldiers really are thugs aren't they?

Love the escape attempt. I'm so glad Jaina and Zekk are doing the right thing finally.

And needless to say I [face_love] the idea of Jag in the white uniform. He will be a fantastic grand admiral. Just the guy to give a certain rogue Jedi a new home ;)

Splendid as always =D=

21. Claribel

Claribel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Jag is back! and as a Supreme Commander!!:eek: That's going to be interesting!:D
    :( for Valin and Corran...
    The rescue mission was great! Who could actually stop Jaina, Zekk, Mirax and a very determinant pilot...
    can't wait for more:)

22. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    So Jag takes the position of Grand Admiral...just another step towards Emperor...love it of course!

Wonderful family angst and drama with the Horns. Valin is so different from his dad you'd think Kyp was his father! ;) I like your force collar description, it made really good sense. I like fanfic to make sense in all directions and be plausible and not hockey and that was well thought out.

I also applaude the first stages of your escape.

23. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Can I just say: you love to update. :p

Great update, by the way!
    I am enjoying this 'fic. :)

24. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi, All....

Just a note to let everyone know that I've done it...I've reached the required word count of 50,000.

As of tonight I've written 50,227 words...However, what made this more challenging was the fact that out of some crazy notion that I wanted to take you all along on the journey, I decided to post this as I wrote it. The goal of National Novel Writing Month isn't quality but quantity. However, because I am the anal sort and because I didn't want to write just for the sake of writing; I actually edited this before I posted it, which none of my edited material ever made it to the final word count on NaNo. I always copied and pasted the draft into the plain text file each time after I posted it on the three sites that I?m posting this story. So, each time I counted the words it was as you had read it.

Now, I'm not saying there still aren't typos or even bad sentences and the such, but personally, I'm pretty proud of this.

And, not to sound conceded, which I?m desperately hoping I'm not, I personally think this has been one of the best stories I've written thus far. Besides the writing time required for this, I also have a ton of research time in it. The online SW encyclopedia sites have all racked up the hits from me this month...and will continue (I'm sure) as I continue to write this story.

I have Chapters 14 and most of 15 completed. I will give you all time to take a breather and to catch up if you've fallen behind before I post Chapter 14...

But expect it by Saturday...

Again, I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful support and encouragement through your comments and I hope that you continue to read....:) [:D]

FL @};-

25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    congrats on finishing it, FL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.