main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Paths We Take AU Anakin, Obi, OC Ch. 14 up 12/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wisdom, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wisdom

Wisdom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    As he walked through the door, he remembered his master was working for the Chancellor most of the time
    now and now he would have to go to classes and train on his own. His master had been appointed to be the "Jedi Assistant to the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine."

/This sucks/ thought Joash. /This is the
    junk that happens to me but no one else./

He sighed and headed toward the 'fresher to take a quick shower and head to the dining hall, if you could call it that. It was more like hell. He had always been an outcast, and had been quite surprised when the all-great Anakin Skywalker had taken him as a padawan learner. He had
    always been a bit slow of a learner, mainly because he lacked confidence. When he would have a lightsaber duel, he would freeze up he was so nervous. The other initiates making fun of him just made matters worse.
    Now his master was neglecting him in favor of working for the Chancellor.

When he came out of the 'fresher he looked at himself in the mirror. His brown hair was spiked into the traditional padawan cut and he was the average height for a normal 18 year old, but something in his grey eyes showed that he was calculating, inteligent, and he was hardened to the core.

Once he arrived at the dining hall, he got his food and found the farthest away, least noticeable spot to eat. He had never been a social person and the other children his age didn't really like him. /Oh well/ he thought /This is my life story./

About five minutes after he had sat down, he noticed two small, green ears poking out from behind the other side of the table.

"Master Yoda, is there something I can do for you?" Joash said, barely being able to conceal a laugh.

"Hmmph. Your master, busy he is?" the little master said with compassion.

"Yes Master Yoda, he is always busy."

"Watching this situation closely, the Council is. Lose you, we will not. Now, a different matter we will discuss. No friends, have you?" Master Yoda asked, his ears drooping a bit in concern.

"The Force and my master are my only friends." Joash stated, not really wanting to be reminded that he was a complete outcast.

"Hmmph, try you have not." Yoda stated in his 'I know everything' tone of voice that he used when he was slightly annoyed. Not that anyone else would notice, but Joash had always been the target of many such statements as he had just received from Yoda.

"Do or do not, there is no try. Isn't that what all the other Jedi quote when they think of you Master Yoda?" Joash asked, a grin coming over his face.

"Hmmph, quote me they may, but foolish they still are." Yoda said, almost mumbling in obvious annoyance at being quoted and even made fun of.

"Then my master must be the biggest fool.." Joash said grumbling, still remembering the last time his master had quoted Yoda.

"Hmmph, joke about your master you should not, Young One. Serious danger he is in. Come with me you will." Yoda said, with a sad look in his eyes and his posture slipped into a more depressed mode. If that was possible.

"But Master Yoda..I'm eating.."

"COME YOU WILL!!" Yoda demanded with a startlingly amount of force behind his voice.

"Yes Master."

Walking next to Master Yoda he couldn't help but shudder thinking about how Master Yoda had reacted.
    He was trying to joke with the master but it had obviously struck a chord with him. As he stepped into the turbolift
    with Master Yoda, he noticed that Padawans, Knights, and even Masters noticed him. This was all new. Taking his place in the center of the Council Chambers he wished he had never spoken to Master Yoda. All eleven other masters were seated as Master Yoda sat in his favorite spot.

"Padawan Taorm." Master Windu acknowledged him.

"Masters." Joash said, trying to remain calm.

He couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to change his life
    forever, but he had no choice but to face his fears. Fear was of the Darkside. The silence stood for a while and finally Master Yoda took the lead.

"Padwan Taorm, fear we do, that falling to the Darkside your mas

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Very interesting beginning! Can't wait to see how this develops. :)

3. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    oe Good to have you! :D

This one's going to be short, but for lack of time tommorow I will post another bit now.

Chapter Two

With those words said, Joash Taorm nearly fainted. His grey eyes swirled and nearly turned black, sweat ran down his face, and he began to shake. He knew his master had been ignoring him...but turning to the Darkside? /Damn, what has my master gotten himself into?/

The Council Chambers were deathly still. It wasn't often it was announced that a Jedi was suspected of turning to the Darkside. And it sure was not often that the Jedi was the Chosen One. And although Joash held some bitterness toward his master, he too could be lost if another master could not take him. And he was quite old to be changing masters...19 year-old padawans didn't just forget their former masters. Also, Anakin Skywalker was the only one who had wanted him. Ever.

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek:

Anakin!! Turning when you have a Padawan? Bad boy! :p Anyway, very interesting twist - Anakin turning when he's older (or, at least, the others becoming aware of it when he's older). I wonder what happened to Obi-Wan. Huh :p .

And that was too short. ;) I hope you get out more soon. ;) :D

5. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Obaona Welcome as well! More will be on the way tommorow! And it will be longer! Glad to have you with us!

I'll post Chapter 3 tommorow afternoon.

Wisdom

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Nice start! Very interesting twist with Anakin having a Padawan. I will try to keep up with this the best I can, but DRL hates me, so I'll have to deal. But I will pop in when I can!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

7. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    DL Thanks for popping in! :D

I may not be able to post til later tonight, but we shall see...

Wisdom

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This is great and with different twists. I do wonder about Obiwan also.

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Really curious about their relationship. ;)

10. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    oe, Crystal Kenobi Here's Kenobi's Grand Appearance in Chapter 4!

Here's Chapers 3 & 4

Chapter 3

After Joash had regained as much composure as could be expected and his eyes had taken on a semi-normal color again, Master Windu looked at him strait in the eyes and began to speak: "We know this is difficult to hear, but we believe Master Skywalker is being lured into the Darkside by the Sith. Should we find evidence to convince us that he is no longer capable of being a Jedi, you will have a choice to make. If there is a master who steps forward and is willing to take you, you could go with another master. Otherwise, you may work in the archives or you may resign from the Order. We are sorry about these difficulties, but this is the way things are." Mace said in a weary and sad voice.

Joash stood there stunned. /My master has not even been at the Temple today and has not even committed a crime and they are accusing him of betraying the Jedi. This is ridiculous.../ As he looked at the faces of the Council Members, he knew they were completely serious. And furthermore, no one wanted a 19 year-old padawan. Of course, it had not come to that yet.../But it will...it will./ Joash silently said to himself.

"My masters, I understand that you may believe this is the case, but I beg to differ. My master does only what he feels is for the best. He is the only one who ever believed in me." Joash said the last part with tears beginning to form. "I beg your pardon Councilors, but I cannot fathom the idea that your wisdom has brought you to the conclusion that HE is betraying YOU. It is this Council that is already talking of his demise. Now if you will excuse me, I have a master to contact and training to continue until you decide to rid the Order of Master Skywalker and myself." Joash finished with anguish on his face and his fists clenched. As he stormed from the ornate and ancient room, he left a stunned Council. All were stunned...except Master Yoda.

"A mistake we have made. Thought we did not that react in this way he would. Although vital to the Order he may not be, a good student he was." Yoda stated.

Chapter 4

As a tear and sweat-stained Joash Taorm made his way to his quarters as quickly as possible, he ran head first into a large body. When he looked up, through his red, teary eyes, he saw Master Kenobi. "Master Kenobi, I apologize for not looking where I was going." Joash said, trying to sound half-way confident. It was bad enough to storm out of the Council Chambers, but now he had ran strait into the master of The Chosen One. /Good going moron./ He mentally kicked himself.

"It is fine Padawan Taorm...but I think that you are not. Why don't we take a walk to my quarters?" Master Kenobi offered kindly. /I hope the boy will allow me to help, since I am the one who trained the master who neglects him./

"I would appreciate that Master Kenobi." Joash said without thinking. /Damn, why do I always speak before I think?/ He again chastised himself. /Oh well, atleast it's someone who just wants to talk./

The two walked together toward Master Kenobi's quarters and the master spoke of his days of a padawan and how he had been quite a loner in his day. He also spoke about how the all-powerful Qui-Gon Jinn had taken him as an apprentice. Joash began to realize that Master Kenobi already knew his struggle. /Perhaps Master Kenobi can help me make sense of everything./ Joash thought. And for the first time all day, he had hope.

Wisdom

11. Jivan

Jivan Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2003
    Aw! Of course Obi-Wan can help, and who better to understand what he is going through? Delighted you brought him into this and I hope he sticks around. :)

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Ditto what Ji said! ;) * herds Xanitot back to his own thread*

13. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Jivan Welcome :D
    oe Thanks for the constant support!

And yes, Obi is the perfect person to help Joash...but what about Anakin? Just something for you to ponder until tommorow. :)

Wisdom

14. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Go Obi-Wan! :D :p

What I'm wondering is that even though Anakin isn't paying much attention to his Padawan, what will he think of others interfering in that relationship? :)

Post more soon! :D

[edit] Post 13. [face_devil]

15. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Yep, 13 posts. Not many, but quality is more important than quantity! Also, I am new at this...but it will get better!

Wisdom

16. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    I hadn't planned on posting AGAIN tonight..but when ideas come they come.

Chapter 5

Just sitting and talking to Master Kenobi had been the outlet that Joash had needed. He walked toward his quarters to get ready for a good nights sleep and to continue the way he always did. Sleep. Wake up. Train. Sleep. As he walked into his quarters and flicked the light on he felt his master's presence waiting for him.

"Padawan." Anakin said calmly.

"Master." Joash said, not knowing what to expect.

Anakin sighed. He had known that taking the job as the Chancellor's Assistant would cause him to have little time to take care of his padawan. And now the Council had asked him to resign from the Order because of his 'use of the Darkside.' Well, if that is what they wished to call it. Sure, he used his anger or frustration, but it never took control. Ever.

"The Council has met with me...and I have been forced to resign from the Order." He said calmly, hoping his padawan would not go completely off the deep end.

"I suspected as much." Joash stated, trying to hold back all of the feelings that rushed in and tried to overcome him.

"I also felt you speaking with my former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He was the only one who stood before the Council today in my defense." Anakin said, with such emotion overwhelming him that he had tears blowing openly down his face and his knees were threatening to buckle.

"I'm sorry master...I would have been there had I only known." Joash too was crying openly now.

"You were the only one who ever trusted in me master, I don't know what I will do without you!" He nearly screamed out.

"It will be all right Joash. Someone will take you in because you are a greatly talented padawan. In the meantime, the Chancellor has offered me a position as commander of a special squad of soldiers that focus on special missions for the Republic." Anakin revealed. "But I must leave now, the Council is quite adamant about me leaving as soon as possible....goodbye padawan."

"I will miss you master!" Joash yelled as his master...former master...walked out the door.

Wisdom

17. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent posts. I could feel his pain and his support of Anakin was wonderful. Yes Obiwan can help him and I think Obiwan will take him as his padawan. I think though the council having Anakin resign from the order is going to be a big mistake. :)

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    How sad! :_| Darn near broke my heart to read it!

19. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Yes, Obi-Wan will continue to play a large role..and about Akakin..well we'll just wait and see.

20. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Chapter 6

After Anakin left, Joash just fell to the floor in tears and fell asleep in nearly a pool of water. When he awoke, he reached out to feel the bond cut off. /Damn, it wasn't a dream!/ Joash mentally kicked himself. /What the hell do I do now?/ Just as he thought these words, the door chime rang. Joash pulled himself off the floor and, with a wave of his hand, opened the door. In walked Master Kenobi with dark circles under his blurry eyes. Master Kenobi might be only in his early 60's (or older, no one knows) but now he looked nearly 80 with his tear stained cheeks and his robes were extremely wrinkled.

"Padawan Taorm, I see you've had as good a night as I have." Master Kenobi stated with obvious irony.

"Yes Master Kenobi. As you can see, I spent the night here on the floor." Joash said still dazed.

"You must come with me to the Council. They wish to meet with you as soon as possible. I demanded that they let you sleep or this would have happened last night." Master Kenobi stated, obviously annoyed by the Council.

"Of course Master. Lead the way and I will follow." Joash said, also quite annoyed.

At their arrival at the ancient doors, two Knights showed them in. /Damn Council, always paranoid about a 19 year-old that just lost his master./ Obi-Wan thought, disgusted.

Once inside, the two made their way to the center of the chambers.

"Masters." They said in unison, surprising each other.

"Padawan Taorm, I am quite surprised you did not resign and leave with your master. But we are quite pleased at your loyalty." Master Windu stated coldly.

/I hate the Council, they make stupid assumptions. Had I thought about it, I would have left./ Joash thought hopelessly.

Master Windu continued, "Although I do not know the reasons, Master Yoda has kindly offered to continue your training if you are willing."

Master Yoda then spoke. "Know the reasons he does, but believe them he does not. But his problem this is. Honored to take you as my padawan I would be. " He said this with complete sincerity.

Joash and Obi-Wan were both stunned.

/Talk about unexpected. Well, I don't have much choice, but Master Yoda is a great Jedi and I believe he can teach me well.../ Joash thought.

"Master Yoda, I would be honored to be your padawan learner." He spoke evenly, suddenly much less uncertain.

"Then it is done." Master Windu stated. "You will gather your things and move into Master Yoda's quarters immediately. Padawan Taorm, you may go. Master Kenobi, we still must speak with you."

Padawan Joash Taorm walked out of the Council Chambers with a clear head and a new focus. To become the Jedi his former master would have wanted him to be.

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Interesting twist! I thought for sure Obi-Wan would take over his training. And Obi is sixty? :eek:

22. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Well...for Anakin to have a 19 year-old padawan...yes. I havn't had much about everything outside of the Order in the story yet...but next post you will see a small taste of the politics. The Chancellor still seems around 60...but he's obviously much older! Damn the darkside...

Wisdom

23. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Chapter 7

The Supreme Chancellor Palpatine sat in his grand office in the Senate building. As he looked at his reflection in the window he smiled to himself. The Darkside was perfect at altering appearances. He looked to be in his early 60's while he was actually in his late 80's. /Perfect/ he thought. /The Jedi of rid theirselves of the Chosen One. Fools./

---------------------------------------

"Obi-wan." an old Mace stated coldly.

"Mace." Obi-Wan stated just as coldly as Mace. /He's much to old to be on this Council. He's too bitter./ Obi-Wan thought.

The two of them had a great many disagreements over the years, especially when it came to training Jedi to fight the Sith. Mace was a warrior at heart and felt that the only way to win was to have an army of Jedi trained to be elite fighters only. Obi-Wan didn't think this was necessary. Now the two just stared at each other with hard, unblinking eyes.

"Stop this foolishness you will." Yoda calmly stated. "Obi-Wan, a decision the Council has made. Trained as a Sith killer my new padawan will be."

"No offense Master Yoda, but you must be completely insane. Sure he was the padawan of the Chosen One...but he isn't near strong enough to fight Sith." Obi-Wan said with obvious disagreement.

"Insane I am not. Crazy, possibly. Causes this old age does. But to the point we must get." Yoda stated evenly, as usual.

/Damn, does the troll have no feelings?/ Obi-Wan thought.

"Emotions I have, but exhibit them I do not."

Obi-Wan mentally sighed.

"Help train him you will Obi-Wan. Only one to kill Sith in thousands of years you are. Need your guidance he does. Train him in mental aspects and saber techniques I can, but train him to walk the edge between Light and Dark you can. Dangerous this is, but the perfect candidate he is. Able to control his anger he is. Mind being in seclusion for periods of time he will not." Yoda revealed.

"I will agree to this...for now." Obi-Wan stated as he bowed and left the Chambers.

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Help train him you will Obi-Wan. Only one to kill Sith in thousands of years you are. Need your guidance he does. Train him in mental aspects and saber techniques I can, but train him to walk the edge between Light and Dark you can. Dangerous this is, but the perfect candidate he is. Able to control his anger he is. Mind being in seclusion for periods of time he will not." Yoda revealed. Well at least the council is wise in letting Obiwan show him how to walk the thin line.

I really like how you protray Obiwan in this story. I like the not quite so by the book Obiwan. About his age though, does he still look as good as he did in his 30s. 8-}

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! Obi-Wan is going to help! :) Love his interaction with Mace! :D And of course he still looks good at 60. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.