main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Paths We Take AU Anakin, Obi, OC Ch. 14 up 12/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wisdom, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wisdom

Wisdom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    Well...does he look good at 60? I have been advised by my lawyer to plead the 5th ammendment.

Moving on! lol!

Wisdom

2. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Here's some more to hold you over until I can make a more thorough update tommorow!

Chapter 8

Once Joash had all of his things, he began the long tread to Master Yoda's secluded quarters on the highest housing level. His things included a few cloaks, his clothes, and a river stone and of course his 'saber. At his arrival, the door swished open and his jaw dropped. /Which damned room am I supposed to inhabit? And I mean inhabit, because there's so many damn plants in here.../ He thought.

------------------------------------------------------------

After Obi-Wan exited the Council Chambers, all of the members let out a breath.

"It could have gone better." Mace said, obviously annoyed at his opinions being degraded like that by Yoda.

"Mace, quiet you will be. Foolish child you act like. Fail to see that I am always right you do. Now on to other matters we will go. An inspection of the Republic's new Republican Guard unit we will need...." Yoda continued....

Master Obi-Wan Kenobi sat in his quarters alone. He was deep in meditation on the mistakes he had made on Anakin and how he had now been almost forced into helping train a young man that he could possibly screw up. /I know I must take a different position on the training of this one. But a Sith killer...this is ridiculous. It's as if they want him to read all of the ancient Sith writings in the Archives and learn all about them. It's as if they want him to be like the Jedi of Old that used neither Light or Dark.../

Wisdom

3. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    I'll try to post a long, long chapter tommorow since I'll be out all night...

Have a nice Halloween :D

Wisdom

4. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Fail to see that I am always right you do [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I am enjoying this story! Hope to see more soon!

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *pops in*

I'm enjoying too. ;) And Yoda . . . :eek: That's mighty arrogant :p .

6. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Chapter 9

Master Yoda hobbled towards his quarters slowly. After all, being hundreds of years old did cause a few problems. /Old I am, and have a 19-year-old padawan I do. As Obi-Wan said, insane I must be. But be done this must./ he thought to himself. Entering his quarters he could feel Joash asleep in his quarters. His presence was much stronger when he was sleeping. /Strange this is../ Yoda thought to himself as he slowly walked to his padawan's quarters. As he entered the room he stopped dead. Joash sat in meditation, completely engulfed. /Bah! Old age induced stupidity I have./ Yoda said as he walked to his own room for meditation.

Obi-Wan awoke sweat-soaked. /Damn troll, he's gone and given me nightmares again. Oh well, I need sleep to help begin the boy's training.../

Joash awoke from his meditation and knew something was different. He slowly looked around the room and noticed he could sense all the plants much more strongly now. /Damn, now I know I should have slept more./ He thought. He walked toward his desk and noticed some data pads were sitting there. He looked at the titles of them and froze. The titles read 'Sith Origins', 'Ancient Sith Prophecies' and then a holocron sat there...a Sith holocron. Next to all of these sat a note from Master Yoda. He was supposed to...read these. /What the hell are they thinking giving me Sith material to read?!?!/ Joash nearly fainted. /Well I guess Master Yoda knows best...so here goes nothing./

-----------------------------------------------------------

Master Yoda stood outside of Obi-Wan's door. /Not going to like this he is, but as usual, done this must be./ As the door opened, a dreary looking Obi-Wan emerged. "Master Yoda, what do you want?" Obi-Wan asked, obviously annoyed at being awakened by the same little troll that had him worried half to death. "Reading the ancient Sith works he is. And gave him the holocron I did." Yoda said, calmly. "YOU WHAT?!?!" Obi-Wan screamed. "Are you completely insane Yoda? DAMN!" "As usual, see that I am always right you do not." He said as he hobbled down the hallway, completely unphased.

Wisdom

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Have to second Obi's reaction. Wonder what the little troll is up to? [face_plain]

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wisdom,

You are doing a very good job here. I like how Obiwan is protrayed. And yes I would have to agree with Obiwan, I think Yoda may be losing it. :D

9. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    oe The troll always has something brewing in that pot of his...

CrystalKenobi I'm glad you think so! And I always thought Obi-Wan was way too stiff in his younger years...but he's mellowed a lot in his older years.

Wisdom

10. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Chapter 10

Joash Taorm was completely in shock. So many things in these data pads he wished he had never read. /I don't understand why I am being asked to read these. I'm a Jedi...not a Sith. I understand that Master Kenobi killed one...but it doesn't require all of this. Something is going on here.../
    ------------------------------------------

Master Yoda grumbled to himself. Today began the training of his new padawan in both the Light and Dark arts. The Council had acted outside of its normal reasoning in letting this happen. /Only be able to mold the boy we will...unlike Skywalker he is. Want to use the Dark for his own purposes he does not. Cling to the Light he will wish to. Perfect combination this is./ He thought as he hobbled into his padawan's room to find him already dressed and in meditation. "Come padawan, to a training room we will go. Meet Master Kenobi there we will."

Obi-Wan walked toward the training room. /Damn the troll...always so damn secretive./
    As he stepped into the room, the door closed and locked behind him. /Well, obviously I wasn't being sarcastic../ Scanning the room with his eyes he moved towards Yoda and Joash until he stood in the center of the room with the two.

"Obi-Wan, nice of you to join us it is. Now, spar you will with Padawan Taorm." Yoda stated.
    "Padawan Taorm...permitted to use both the Lightside and the Darkside you are. Use what you have read you will."

"Yoda...I hate to question your superior knowledge of the Force...but are you friigin insane?!" Obi-Wan nearly yelled.

"Do it you both will. NOW!" Yoda said, not losing patience whatsoever.

Joash lit his green blade and moved into his normal stance as Obi-Wan did the same.

Yoda then produced another saber and motioned toward Joash. "Use two sabers you will." and launched it toward him.

Joash grabbed it and lit it and stood in a Sith stance he had learned from reading the Sith data pads.....

Wisdom

11. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Chapter 11

Joash sprung into action suddenly, making 2 quick jabs to the left, one to the right, and another to the left using both lightsabers, one green blade and one yellow blade.

Obi-Wan blocked 3 of the 4 easily, and got out of the way of the 4th. /This can't be too hard./ He thought.

Joash got into a stance again and out of nowhere a training staff flew towards him and he had to duck to get out of the way. /What the hell?/ he wondered...then he looked at Yoda and saw the smile on the troll's face. /Stupid troll./ he thought as he got back into his stance. And again, another training staff came, but this time faster and he was forced to slash at it with his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan just sat there, his jaw dropping. /Is Yoda TRYING to piss him off?/ he thought just as training sabers ignited by themselves and moved in the air toward Joash. "Fight you will Obi-Wan." Yoda stated. Obi-Wan moved toward Joash and began to slash at him. Joash moved into a defensive position and blocked the blows. They went at it for minutes that seemed like hours as every few seconds Joash had to dodge a saber or staff and Obi-Wan's strike as well.

"STOP IT YOU STUPID TROLL!" Joash said as he finally allowed his anger to show.

"Troll I am, but stupid I am not." Yoda stated, as if nothing were out of he ordinary.

Joash stuck his hand out opened the door, threw Yoda out with the Force and sat down on the floor.

Obi-Wan walked to Joash and sat down.

"I hate the troll too. I think his mind is gone." Obi-Wan stated, obviously relieved the whole thing was over.

"Over for now it is. Used the Darkside you did, but control you it did not. Good sign this is, yes Obi-Wan? Hmm?" Yoda said as if he hadn't just been thrown out of a room in anger.

Wisdom

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was hilarious! So is Yoda hoping his new apprentice can use both sides of the Force in order to defeat the Sith? [face_plain]

13. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    oe Possibly...but all is not what it seems...

14. SockofCK

SockofCK Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    That was great. I love the part about Yoda being thrown out.

crystal kenobi

15. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    I've had some major time issues...so I wont be posting today.

Wisdom

16. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    upping this so it will easier to find and for others to read. Looking forward to more of this when you can.

17. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    LOL very amusing!

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Giving this another up.

19. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Sorry about no posts lately...I've been busy with personal issues. But now I have time to continue! Thanks to Crystal Kenobi for the ups!

Wisdom

20. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Chapter 12

Joash walked through the halls, no longer paying attention to where he was going. /Damn little troll. What in the name of Sith does he think he is doing? Teaching me to use the Darkside? Sheesh./

As he walked, he ran strait into another Senior Padawan. "Excuse me, I'm sorry I bumped into you but I was in a hurry."

"It is not a problem, and you saved me time anyway. The Council would like to meet with you at your convenience." The Padawan said, suspiciously polite. "Also, I have another question...why can I not feel your presence? It is as if you are not even there."

"I'm sorry, but I do not have time to explain. I need to get to my quarters and get ready to meet with the Council." Joash said, quickly excusing himself, and walked down the hall toward his room.

As he entered his quarters, he walked to the closet in order to get out clean clothes. As he opened the closet door, his jaw dropped. Lining the entire closet were tons of black robes and cloaks. He pulled out the first black cloak and found a note attached. /Frickin troll./

The note read:

To Joash,
    A normal Jedi you are not. But a Sith or Dark Jedi you are not. Normal Jedi robes and cloaks you cannot wear because different you are. Report to the Council you will when convenient.

Yoda

/Once again, damn troll./

He walked to his dresser, and was not surprised to find black pants and boots. But surprisingly there were white, cream, and tan shirts. /Thank the Force not EVERYTHING is black./

He changed into black pants, a cream shirt, the black boots, and a black cloak and clipped his lightsaber to his black belt. When he was finished, Joash walked out of his quarters and began the long tread to the Council chambers.

Apparently, Yoda hadn't warned anyone. As Joash walked down the halls of the great Jedi Temple, he got more stares than a bantha in a club. Finally he arrived at the Council chambers and was immediately ushered in.

As he walked to the center of the grand, massive room most of the Council members had no idea what to say. They just sat their with their mouths open. Yoda just sat there with a smile on his little troll face. Mace Windu could not help but smirk. He had obviously been let in on the secret. Then Yoda finally spoke.

"See now you do, what a 'lowly Padawan' can do. But not the point this is. Padawan Taorm has done what none of us could ever accomplish. He has balanced the Light and Dark. The Living force and the Unifying force. He is more powerful than we could have ever imagined."

"Joash Taorm, grant you the title of Shadow Knight we do. Not used in thousands of years this title has been. Title it is for senior Knights that are on their way to becoming Masters. But also for those who use Light and Dark. The whole Temple shall be alerted as to not cause riots. Also, Master Kenobi will continue to help you in learning new techniques as will I."

"As you wish Master." Joash said and stalked out of the room.

"What have I gotten myself into?"

/Damn troll./

-Wisdom-

21. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful. I have to agree with him, what had Yoda gotten him into.

I like how you have him wearing a black cape with light colors. I think it helps showing the image of someone who uses both light and dark side of the force.

Its good to see this story again. I missed it.

22. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    CrystalKenobi :D I'm glad you are enjoying it. More will be up tommorow, since I seem to have more time on my hands now.

Wisdom

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Glad to see you have gotten back to this fic. :) Shadow Knight hum? Will we see what Anakin thinks of this any time soon?

24. Wisdom

Jul 11, 2003
    Oh Anakin will be popping in VERY soon...

oe :D

Wisdom

25. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    How did I miss this great story?!?!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.