main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Penastar Alignment, placement and planets

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I believe the Penastar Alignment consisted of worlds that had been apart of Grand Moff Tarkins Oversector, ie Eriadu, Omwat, probably Geonosis and Horuz, and of course Sullust was added by Jerec.

But did it also include Bilgringi and Yaga Minor? Tarkin made them yards apparently, so does the Alignment inherit them and then let Thrawn use them?

I'm assuming the Alignment stretched from Eriadu to Geonosis, enveloping Omwat and possibly Naboo, with pockets elsewhere. I'd suggest it was there as it included many corporations, and as old CIS territory, that would include many corporations...

And of course this links to TalonCard's supposition that the Death Star III was created by the Alignment....

Does this sound right, or not?

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I have the WEG stuff featuring the alignment, descriptions of government and all branches. Maybe I can help later.

3. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Corva Sector and Obtrexta Sector are by each other. Obtrexta Sector is connected to Dantooine by Myto's Arrow. Obtrexta is also near "the Wastes" (Wild Space). So in the vicinity of Dantooine, near Wild Space, we have these sectors. I believe Pellaeon's NJO remnant was the "heartland" of the the Pentastar Alignment. Jerec conquered Sulon and Dorlo, obviously some distance from this heartland, but he held loyalty to Kaine, so I would see Jerec's little hegemony as sorta a "puppet" ally of the Pentastar perhaps.

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    How about as far as the timeline goes? We know the Penastar Alignment was formed shortly after the New Republic, but how long did it last? Its leadership was killed by Daala, wasn't it?

5. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Daala killed the Deep Core Imperials, not all of those on the Rim, I thought?

can you list all sources for the pentastar alignment? that way I might look most of them up.

I have 1 WEG book featuring much on the alignment, but only few stuff about locations.
    then Abels articles referenced it, connecting it to Jerec.

anything else? adventures, novels, articles, guides?

6. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    There's a short story, Blaze of Glory, that shows a New Republic mercenary commando team going after a Penastar stronghold.

7. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    where was this story in? and your misspelling "penastar" sounds like Abel's last name lol.. his own Empire. the man really knows how to make a living!

it is called pantastar alignment if I recall right.

8. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Or Pentastar...I think it's Pentastar (all of my sources are back home, and I'm at school). Anyway, it was in the Adventure Journal (either 8, 9, or 10) and reprinted in Tales from the Empire.

9. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004

If it is the story i think it is, you are wrong. It was a group of mercenaries destroying a slaver's base allied with the Penestar.

10. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Pentastar Alignment (penta- 5)

The leader, Ardus Kaine, was killed during Operation Shadow Hand (around Dark Empire II).

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Curious. So the PA controls the vicinity of Dantooine, which at my check was NR territory in TTT and NR in JAT.....curious.

And then space around Wild Space to Eriadu?

12. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I don't know of any proof they controlled Dantooine itself, just two nearby sectors, probably within NJO Imperial Space.

The are of space which contained Sulon was conquered by Jerec, whom swore loyalty to Kaine, and thus was like a conquered territory of the Alignment rather than within the alignment itself. THink of India, at one point part of the British Empire, never part of actual Britain. And we know Jerec simply used lipservice loyalty to Kaine for resources and personnel, no sign of these worlds being Alignment taxpayers;)

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Sin...
    "Curious. So the PA controls the vicinity of Dantooine, which at my check was NR territory in TTT and NR in JAT.....curious."

You have to remember that all maps, all pretty much derivatives of a map of "The Slice" we're priivy to are 2-d representations of a 3-d volume of space. As a result, not everything is going to be able to be represented properly.

Sort of like when you see flat maps of the globe, there's all manner of errors due to projections, etc.

14. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Wait a moment. It was pretty explicit in TTT that Yaga Minor was part of the Empire proper.

I always figured the heartland of the Alignment to mostly be around the Rim part of Hutt Space.

15. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I never said Yaga Minor was part of the Pentastar. But the Pentastar was probably not too farr from it.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Clighal, I though 'Wild Space' was near Geonosis and so forth, not near the Remnant??

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    to clear this up:

Unknown Regions: All unxplored space within the Galaxy

THE Unknown regions: the space marked and not fully explored on the galaxy map

Wild Space: All semi-explored or unexplored Regions on the outer boarder of the galaxy'S edge, or above/below the galactic plane. the boarder, the outermost regions. like f.e. in the galactic arms outer regions.

everywhere in the galaxy, not only near one or several worlds. they are general terms.

18. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Right. THe Wild Space I refer to would be that between the Imperial Remnant (NJO era) and the edge of the galaxy.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Makes sense that way, I guess.

And explains why Pelly's Empire and the NR fought over that area so much - with battles at Gravlex Med, Anx Minor, and so on. So old Penastar territory was concerned with Rimward of Yaga Minor, assumedly??

And what of Eriadu and thus Sullust? With Sullust a member, assumedly there could have been a Penastar bloc near and including Eriadu

20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I think the area covered by the Alignment can be easier understood if we assume the following:

It is not one connected huge Imperial area in the Outer Rim, but several. Maybe 2 or maybe a handful of small pocket empires that together are the Alignment.

The word Alignment implies this, in my opinion. "A line", meaning a small/thin area of space across the Outer Rim... but we know not only full lines but also dotted lines f.e.

So what if it is this? several aligned imperial spaces that together are the alignment. in between where the most heavy fights with the NR forces, f.e. at the major trade routes. the basic alignment territory might have been this dotted alignment, while in between the alignment space, the area wasn´t secure alignment territory but still battling against the NR there. like in Israel and Gaza, some areas are secured others still considered to be a part are fought over and not truly a part except on maps.

could this work?

21. wookieepedian1

wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    And yet noone's up to making a 3D map of the galaxy, as placing all the planets in 2D space is hard enough. Now we have the upper and lower galactic plane to worry about.

And just to confirm, what were the sectors that comprised the PA? I already know of the Velcar Free Commerce Zone (aka Velcar Sector), and Obtrexta Sector.

Also how does this relate to the Imperial Remnant, with its 8 sectors?

22. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    The PA inc. (at least) Corva Sector, Velcar Sector, Obtrexta Sector, and "the Wastes" of Wild Space.

23. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    wookiee...
    "And just to confirm, what were the sectors that comprised the PA? I already know of the Velcar Free Commerce Zone (aka Velcar Sector), and Obtrexta Sector.[i/]"

We don't have detailed information of the Alignment in terms of Sectors. We, however, know several important related facts.

Kaine was one of Palpatine's earliest converts, staunchest supporters, and a brilliant and charismatic leader. He got to be Grand Moff Tarkin's successor to Oversector Outer the hard way - he earned it. And that's to say, he largely would've held on to it as well. In addition to Oversector Outer, we do know that the Alignment was specifically comprised of:
      "With hundreds of capital ships and several legions of loyal Imperial army soldiers and stromtroopers at their command, and more forces joining all the time, the Alignment has swallowed whole systems in its path while installing planetary overseers to its will and desires..."
      (Classic Adventures Vol. 4, p. 91)

"During the extent of the 'emergency' Kaine has declared, the Pentastar Alignment and the regions under its control maintain much of the Empire's infrastructure..."
      (Classic Adventures Vol. 4, p. 91)

"The Pentastar Alignment encompasses hundreds of worlds..."
      (Classic Adventures Vol. 4, p. 99)

24. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Was Kaine black, or was that just Teshik? Because I know that Teshik was (we need more stories about him, BTW) but I'm not sure about Kaine.

It's possibly that I'm thinking "Kanye"...

25. wookieepedian1

wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    I thought Corva bordered the PA but wasn't actually in it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.