main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Perfect Couple (MMM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by moosemousse, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Title: The Perfect Couple
    Author(s): moosemousse
    Timeframe: A few years after the Yuuzhan Vong war.
    Characters: OC
    Genre: mush
    Keywords: Mandalorian, Chor-cake, Wassail, ribbon, sparkle, mush
    Summary: An old shopkeeper reminisces about the past.
    Notes: This was written in response to Monday Mush Mania, and so it's supposed to be mush.

Do I know them? Of course I know them, everyone around here does. Everyone likes them as well. There's a little bit of jealousy here and there but it's all in a good spirit. They got on so well it was hard not to be jealous of their relationship. One was away with his work for long periods of time but they still kept things together, their marriage has lasted quite some time now. They even adopted a daughter, a war orphan I believe. A cute kid back then and I've heard she's growing into a fine woman.

It reminds me of a time a few years back. They came into my shop looking for something for her. She'd gone away for a short while and they wanted to welcome her back with something nice. They initially came in just wanting to buy some Uj'alayi but that's not all they left with. I'd managed to get some chor-cake in and I'd put it next to the Uj'alayi.

They had a small argument over which to get right then and there. All couples argue, it's only natural, but watching them argue was like watching two warriors in the Battle Circle. When it was over there were no hard feelings, no resentment between them. They ended up buying both, one for their daughter and one for themselves.

As they were paying for it I remarked that it was a shame that I didn't have any wassail as it would go well with the chor-cake. They agreed that it was a shame, once I explained what it was. That was when it occurred to me. I asked them to wait and nipped out back or a few minutes. When I returned I handed over a recipe to make wassail, I swear their eyes sparkled when I handed it over.

They went round my shop looking for what they needed as I wrapped the Uj'alayi in a nice ribbon. They were talking excitedly as they paid and they were still talking as they lift.

A few days later they returned and thanked me for the wassail recipe. Their daughter wasn't so keen on it, from what they tell me, but they had loved it. They liked it so much that they bought enough ingredients to make a lot more.

Who are they? That's an easy question to answer. One is a mercenary named Goran Beviin. The other is a blacksmith named Medrit Vasur. Without a doubt they are the perfect couple.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nicely done! =D=

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, that was so sweet!! I love that you had the shopkeeper as the narrator. Wonderful piece!! [:D]

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I haven't read any of the LOTF books, so I don't know this couple, but good job with the shop-keeper's POV!

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I think I know the couple. Very sweet, and well done. I like the shopkeeper's voice here. :D

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Gorgeous!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    This is sweet.
    And done very clever, you don't really suspect that little surprise.
    Though I should have seen it coming, right?:oops: [face_laugh]

Love it!

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Heee, clever AND sweet... =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.