main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The perfect Mara

Discussion in 'Literature' started by beafet, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    I just realized today who should play Mara Jade in any new movies.....Angie Everhart (sp?)!!! sorry if this is the wrong forum, but watdya think?

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I've said that for ages! No one agrees, tho. She's the right age. All the other Mara's are like 25 years old. She's 46, or something! AE is around 36, or 37. She's very pretty.

Robin Christopher is my other favorite. She would be perfect because of her personality. I started to think of her as Mara, somewhere along the line. She has just the right blend of snotty, sarcastic, bitchy, vulnerable, and wistful in her. She's also lovely, and not so very young, but sophisticated.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well to be blunt...

Angelina Everheart is too....eh

"much"

<What are you getting at-Mara>

It's Angelina is...a bit "more" than you Mara.

<More?-Mara>

Yes More.

<How?-Mara>

I'm not saying, Mara is more a Red headed Ashley Judd very muscular type.

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Charlemange, what the hell are you talking about?

No offense or anything. :D

and also...whos angie everheart?

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I have no idea.

I prefer Dina Meyer ( Starship Troopers ), but since LFL seems insistant in shoving Shannon Baksa down our throats, I can no longer imagine her that way...

Nothing against Shannon. She's beautiful. I just don't think she fits the Mara we originally see in the Thrawn trilogy novels.

6. Corran_Katarn

Corran_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Who is Angie Everhart? What other stuff has she been in?

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    How about Shannon Baksa?

8. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The only thing is, Shannon Baska can't act. She said so herself on her website. She's a model. She really is a nice lady. We're talking acting in a role.

9. Ornitier

Ornitier Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    Shannon was up for a role on a Baywatdch show... I remember this somewhere from this site... I personally don't imagine her since her hair isn't what I expected. Deep golden red hair, and I expected it to be neater. f you're an assasin, then would the hair catch th wind or something? Make you more obvious? Anyways, I can see Nicole Kidman a bit (silly and unlikely. Aside from the fact they won't make any films that would feature Mara, I doubt that Kidman would work with the series...) She does a good job as a courtesan like the Jabba thing Mara did once, and she has run around with a weapon while still being a motherly figure. Famke Jassen from X-Men, Don't Say a Word, and Goldeneye has the general appearance a bit and she also seems tough in her films.

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Shanon Baska doesn't have to act, it's a George Lucas film for God sakes. If she can't act then he'll just punch her voice up, CGI some movement/facial expession, and alter the environment to simulate what he wants.

:)

I decided George can do anything when I heard he actually altered Natalia Portmore's voice because it wasn't right.

Angelina Everheart is the star of such classy films as Bordello of Blood (She plays Lilith) and a supermodel.

She just has too much talent for the role of Mara which needs to...err understated.

11. Ornitier

Dec 16, 2000
    You misspelt the actress' name, just as I probably will. Natalie Portman's voice was only changed for when she was the Queen to make the difference more evident. I imagine that Monica Potter could take a stab at the role for some reason...

12. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, I just checked IMDB for pics of her, and I totally agree with you. She's perfect for the role !

13. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I always thought Rene Russo would make a good Mara.

14. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    Dina Meyer has always seemed like a good choice to me. But Angie Everhart is a really really good pick. :D

15. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Rene Russo? Rene Russo?! You must be smoking some mighty strong spice!

16. Ornitier

Dec 16, 2000
    PrinceXizor Date Posted: 1:50am Subject: RE: The perfect Mara
    Well, I just checked IMDB for pics of her, and I totally agree with you. She's perfect for the role !
    That for my comment? If so, yay! Some one agrees with me! I was thinking that she has done a few strange roles so she may try and expand her roles to include others. She does seem to have tried to play a tougher roles (stronger female roles, or just harder in general) with a multi-angled character in "Along came a Spider" I still feel most strongly (unless I changed my mind since my other posts) towards Famke Janssen, though I still can't spell her name.

17. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I was talking about Angie Everheart, not Monica Idon'tknowwho... Sorry. ;)

18. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    My spice seller told me it was good stuff!!! ;)

Ok after seeing a pic of Angie I could see her as Mara too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.