main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Perfect Ventress Death

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediLight, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As an example of one way that could resolve Ventress- say she, having failed as a Sith, eventually returns to live amongst or rule her people, or return to the gladiator arena. Or perhaps she exiles/maroons herself on a remote planet to either find redemption or hide from Palpatine.

There are better examples- but I'm trying to convey that spirit of an ending.

I mean, think about all the PT supporting characters that play no role in the OT- Valorum, Watto, Cliegg Lars, Dexter, Mas Ameda, anything Kamino (Lama Su, Taun We, etc), anything Naboo (the Queen, Jar Jar, Boss Nass, Typho, Panaka, Tarpals, etc), anything clones (Cody, Rex, etc) and San Hill ( ;) ).

Most of those characters' story (or, at the very least, their function within the story) was finished and didn't need a death or happy ending to be resolved. Now, granted, Ventress has had more screen time than most of those examples, but counting just the movies and looking at that perspective, shows the flaw in that reasoning.

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You kidding? I think the walking away is pretty appropriate for Ventress. I mean, Durge got killed, Grievous got killed, Dooku got killed, they even went out of their way to mention that many of the top Separatist leaders got killed or captured during the Outer Rim Sieges....do we really need another unoriginal ending for this character?

Not to mention it seems pretty obvious that the authors intended this to be a character "death" of sorts and wanted to write her out of the story. As far as we as the OOU audience is concerned, Ventress has already gotten a closure. Bringing her back would have to be somewhere up there with Aurra Sing appearing in LOTF.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I want her to get a Sith name before she dies, but I do want her to get killed by Dooku or Sidious.

4. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I really can't envision a scenario where this would happen because this would violate the "Rule of Two". Sidious/Tyranus are alive and well.

5. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Personally, I'd like to see Ventress turning against Dooku and training her own apprentice, another of Dooku's disciples (Tol Skorr?), and therefore be killed by Dooku or Sidious. Though I have a feeling that Ahsoka will be the one to kill her.

6. AhsokaSkywalker

AhsokaSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 23, 2009
    Honestly, if she kills Ahsoka, I hope she goes back and brags about it, and Dooku says he doesn't need her and suddenly literally stabs her in the back and she looks at him, while falling to her knees, terrified and shocked, and then falls down dead. Personally, it looks like Ventress might kill Ahsoka in that trailer scene. However, I think that Anakin may have killed Sidious as his increasing comments that prove him to be likely a Sith Lord, let alone when he actually asks him to become his apprentice, if Ventress or Dooku did kill Ahsoka, then yeah obviously they'd get axed by Ani, but Anakin doesn't seem to mind killing those who were connected with the death of someone he cared about, and not just one of the perpetrators, as he did with the women and children Tuskan raiders, so he would surely have done more than said he'd like to kill Sidious and point his lightsaber at him. Though I don't want Ahsoka to die, I would find her death more tolerable if Sidious was the one that killed her, because he did after all kill Fisto, Windu, and Anakin for that matter. Also, if Anakin gets her, her death wouldn't make her appear weak, as Anakin killed loads of people, including Obi-wan.

7. HighlanderC

HighlanderC Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    I want to see Anakin take her out... Period... And honestly... I would love to see a duel similar to Dooku, where Anakin is sort of holding back, taps into the dark side and takes her out quickly and easily...

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    If we're going to change already established continuity.. I'm most positive that Sidious would either kill her or simply ignore her since he doesn't like her and he reveals it in "Cloak of Darkness". Even calling Ventress a Sith violates the Rule of Two. Probably Dooku and Ventress try to overthrow Sidious so Dooku becomes the Sith Master and Ventress will be his apprentice, but both Sidious and Dooku betray her and kill her.

However, it was already has been established that Ventress escapes the war and Dooku after the Battle of Boz Pity in 19 BBY. I'm not sure if the writers or Lucas would use that or just kill her off in TCW.

9. nett40

nett40 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2009
    Maybe George Lucas could twist all this into context, by re-editing the Prequel Trilogy, into the 1st Season of the Live Action Show. The three movies could easily become 12 episodes of 30 min. each and then he could add a few episodes of Asokha and Ventress. Plus extend the Jedi Purge so it will last a few episodes, with more photage of Aayla Secura, Plo Kloon, Ki Adi Mundi and others. An episode with Sifo Diyas' mission and death could also be put in there...

10. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    He could save time and money just by killing Ventress during TCW series.

11. Dark_Jedi_Chris

Dark_Jedi_Chris Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2009
    you guys are sooo not in on star wars if u where real fans u would no in the book of anikans trials he kills her in a duel this board should really b bout what happens with asokah

12. Quiff_vs_Sith

Quiff_vs_Sith Jedi Master

Jan 22, 2009
    I find Ventress an interesting character and I do think it would add to the enigma if she were to simply disappear or go into exile - as suggested at http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asajj_Ventress#Disappearance - in some far flung corner of the galaxy never to be heard of again. It ties in quite nicely with an idea for a Ventress-related short story that I've been working on. So, I don't deem Ventress' death as somehow vital to the continuity of the saga.

With regard to Ahsoka, I'm quite convinced that she does need to be killed-off before TCW comes to a close. Her absence from ROTS, as well as the absence of any mention of her in ROTS, would, in my opinion, not sit well within the grand scheme of things. Of course, we know that she didn't exist in Lucas' mind when ROTS was written, but I'd hate to see some terrible EU-style attempt to explain her absence by saying she was conveniently off fighting pirates on Dantooine or on a Jedi Order PR tour during the ROTS timeline. So, Ahsoka needs to die.

13. ShadesofSiknas

ShadesofSiknas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Maybe its just me but, Isnt Anakin supposed to be the only one who can forsake the darkside?
    Wasnt that the point of the chosen one? "If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
    Im almost sure GL says it in one of the commentarys. Something bout Dooku cant be turned from the darkside only Anakin is strong enough.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    1) I don't want the ending that was already established for her in the CW era ruined
    2) I'd be quite happy for Darth Vader to find and kill her long after RotS, or bend her to his will.
    3) I don't want the ending that was already established for her in the CW era ruined.

15. BandofClones

BandofClones Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2009
    I imagine Anakin will kill her, and he'll do it out of vengeance and in a fit of rage -- all steps to the dark side. I think Ventress will kill Ahsoka and probably Rex, too. Anakin will feel guilty for not having been there to save them, and that guilt will turn into a need for revenge.

Still, I don't think that's the best ending. I'd like to see Ahsoka kill Ventress and then Dooku kill Ahsoka, leaving Anakin still hungry for vengeance -- only now it's against Dooku.

16. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    Perhaps she could windup as a waitress at The Waffle House? I bet lightsabers could be used to make great toast.

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    With a stirring chorus of "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish..." playing in the background and a depressed android working at the deep fat fryer. ;)

I would like to see Ventress being killed off in the series by Obi-Wan. They have developed a fantastic chemistry on screen and I think that a climatic fight between the two would be absolutely fantastic, what with the two possibly even forming a form of bond towards the end. TCW needs this kind of titanic clash with weight to it. Not to mention that it would provide Obi-Wan with the emotional strengthening that he lacks in the PT.

18. bebr

bebr Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2009
    I wouldnt mind if Ventress would embrace the light side.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I would.

20. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    The last thing I want is Ventress to switch to the light side because of her love for Obi-Wan. (I do like the weird obsession she has with him, though. I just don't like when romance motivates a heel face turn.)

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The truth is that she will not die, so... Why bother?

22. OBIGONKEN

OBIGONKEN Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2009
    Ahsoka Tano! ;D Ahsoka and Ventress figth on one for the CIS flagship and Ventress say Anakin and Obi Wan can´t get to them and Ahsoka is a helpless litte girl and she know her about slav life and Ahsoka trun mad and just acttack so Ventress can´t get away and Ventress miss a blow and she fall death on the earth and Ahsoka runs away becuse she think she is going to trun into a siht.

23. Jan_Wahlor

Jan_Wahlor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2009
    Killed by force ghosts on Korriban because she wasnt strong enough to become a sith.

24. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    No, Ventress isn't supposed to die I heard. Neither is Ahsoka. Ahsoka might get expelled from the Order and Ventress just leaves and runs away like I heard she might.

25. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, and Ahsoka gets expelled from the Order. Also, what slave life?

That could work, no Ahsoka mentioned in Episode 3 as she was expelled from the Order and Anakin hates the Council for it. But what slave life are you talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.