main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books The Perfect Weapon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthSienna, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    No, looking at the thread there were plenty of people who liked Aftermath, and others who thought it was okay. It's just that some of the people who didn't are extremely pushy and belligerent about it.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Ah come on we have been poking fun at terrible SW novels for more than a decade in the past, let us have the pleasure of doing it to the worst of the new SW novels as well. :p Though depressingly enough it is not even funny bad in a Waru, Daala or Traviss and Denning simply going insane way. [face_sigh]

3. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Just finished this. The ending is such a tease. I enjoyed the story though, and I'd actually like to see more of Bazine! I have now read every story in the Journey to the Force Awakens series and I am extremely ready to watch the movie now. I need it.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    And there's the perfect demonstration of what I was talking about, complete with the condescending smilies for that extra touch of patronizing nastiness. Sigh.

5. simplelawyer

simplelawyer Jedi Knight

Dec 15, 2014
    An entertaining short story, with the right pace and an ending that leaves you wonder how it will tie to the movie.
    Enjoyed it very much.

6. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    Wrote up a short spoiler-free review for this story: Check it out HERE if you'd like.

Of the characters we've met so far in the recent slew of short stories we've been getting, I'd really love to see more stories about both Bazine Netal and the Crimson Corsair. We'll see what next year brings!

I'm very curious as to how large of a role both characters will have in the movie. I assume they're going to be hardly anything more than background characters, but who knows.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Will these stories be collected at some point, possibly in spring?

8. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    The "Tales From A Galaxy Far, Far Away" ones will be. I don't know if The Perfect Weapon will be part of any collection, though it would be nice. I always prefer physical copies.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I enjoyed this short story. I am intrigued about Bazine.

10. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Spoiler from the movie:

so was it actually a lightsaber in that box? Since she was at Maz castle and lightsaber was in a box :D . Plus I am glad she and Crimson Corsair had short lines in the movie...'

Barriss_Coffee and Gorefiend like this.
  11. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Visual Dictionary has some information on Bazine

[​IMG]

She works for the First Order.

12. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    I'm still inclined to think it was Vader's helmet on the basis that whilst she is at Maz's castle she then reports in to the First Order so it doesn't seem like she's working for Maz?

13. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Maybe she's a double agent, in the Visual dictionary it says that the castle is neutral territory and that she has a direct line with the FO.

I don't think that she will be back in E8 or E9 but I think that she's one of this characters that will live up in the comics and books. A la Aura Sing or Dengar

14. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Just finished this. It was quite good in both pacing and prose, particularly for what could easily have been a throwaway. Definitely worth the buy-in.

And I'm with Jello in hoping we get more shorts this way rather than in Insider or repackaged collections like Rise of the Empire. I'd rather pay $1.99 for just the content I want than muck around with Insiders I don't need.

Or one better: since the anthology reprint ship has sailed, why not re-release all the stray uncollected shorts as standalone ebooks? Seems like a source of easy profit for minimal labor.

CooperTFN and ifleninwasawizard like this.
  15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I agree. I know the Walker stories are being collected but hope this is too soon.

16. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    I wonder how long we're going to have to wait until we get to find out officially what was in the case Bazine acquired. I don't think it was the saber...

If I hadn't read this short story I wouldn't have cared at all about Bazine Netal, but since I did read it I got happy when I saw her in the movie and really wished she would have had more screen time. Haha.

17. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    im giving the series another chance. i like the title of the new one. seems more focused. seems wookieish too

18. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    What series?

19. DJ-Peterbilt

DJ-Peterbilt Jedi Master

Nov 4, 2004
    Listening to the audio book
    it's Kylo Ren offering her the job, so it's has t be the helmet[/spoiler

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Damn! this is some next level franchise.. now reading actual book will not be enough to get information.. ehh

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  21. DJ-Peterbilt

DJ-Peterbilt Jedi Master

Nov 4, 2004
    The audio book is super cheap on itunes it was like $2.95

22. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    Do we know exactly how long before TFA this story takes place?

I'd really like to see more of Bazine in the future.

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    From what I seen of the Canon Timeline (Wookiepedia has a bunch of new stuff on there) This takes place after New Republic: Bloodline,so I am guessing around 5 years before TFA? Just a guess it didn't say exactly how much before it was.

Cheerios4u98 likes this.
  24. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Can you provide that link?

25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.