main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I believe that's been the provided rationale for its decisions thus far (like freezing 1313). But my belief is that even from a corporate perspective, the more products out there that says Star Wars, the better. It's not like people haven't or won't continue to keep an eye on Episode 7 related developments. Sounds like a great way to increase the profit margin, but then what do I know?

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    This guy, Chris Seekell, claims otherwise. In the comments section of his blog, the Examiner guy (Bryan Young) and Seekell both claim that they have inside information about TCW's fate. Naturally, their conclusions conflict.

I won't be writing off TCW until cancellation is confirmed.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Well I don't blame them for fully concentrating on one era. It does make them seem serious about it.

QuangoFett That's from February.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's actually quite hilarious, given that neither can reveal their sources. That wouldn't be a circular discussion at all. [face_laugh]

Yeah, it's not cancelled until it's confirmed. Just throwing out the recent articles.

EDIT: Ah, GG pointed out that's a little outdated. Still, it's a waiting game now.

6. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I think his point is that that article isn't any less valid than the other links that have been posted saying it is cancelled. They are all just speculation and we won't know for certain until Disney announces it.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Which I pointed out. [face_peace]

QuangoFett likes this.
  8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    These sources which Young mentions in the Star Wars Underworld comments are the ones he mentions in his recent article for the Examiner. Meanwhile, Seekell hasn't revealed who his sources are since February. One of them is going to come out of this with egg on his face.

The waiting game continues.

07jonesj likes this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The ONLY reason I would be okay with the cancellation is if characters like Maul, Ahsoka, Lux, Ventress, Hondo, Rex and other Clone Wars only characters are in Star Wars Underworld.....Hell, all of these characters seem to be about the Underworld, with the occasional clone and senator. It would actually make for an awesome show if it was about these guys and the occasional one off!

But until they announce that...VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I found 90 minutes of sad music for you guys

;_;

MistrX and credar like this.
  11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I don't want to just assume this is it, but given the nature of recent talk... I actually believe the rumors pointing to this being the end.

Damn it, why did they have to change Palp's final line about Maul? The original final line in Shadow conspiracy worked perfectly. One could easily assume he killed him with that line, and yet it still left the chance of Maul returning had the show continued.

Now he's alive and running about with no solution.

Damn it all, Lucas, Disney. Damn it all.

Oh well. We'll see if they wrap this up with future home video releases. I hope we at least get Season 5 on Blu ray...

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm sure Disney is like "rofl, lol nah. Maul died in TPM." ;)

I agree, Disney.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I could see it now:

Filoni: "No! Maul survived his injuries! He left Naboo, reunited with his long lost brother, took over the Mandalorians and became Mandalore!"

Disney:

14. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Despite the fact that I like Maul back, and the fact that I do not agree with your seemingly never ending hate on the show, that was pretty funny. Made me smirk a little. But now I'm back to depression mode.

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Someone on Facebook had this to say about the news of the cancellation:
    "So apparently Clone Wars to get a final 10 - 12 episode run. Disney XD to carry it, and full details to be announced [Tuesday]. Not ideal but better than nothing."

Here's the link.

This would be sad news if it was indeed confirmed, but at least there will be some sort of wrap-up, however hasty this closure might be. Can 10-12 episodes really tie up all the loose ends before the start of RotS? I remain skeptical.

07jonesj likes this.
  16. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Actually, I think J.K. Simmons has many lines in Oz that encapsulate how I feel Disney appears to be treating what it bought. They mostly involve gang rape.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wasn't Firefly wrapped up via Serenity? I could see something similar here. Not ideal but better than nothing.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Sure can.

Dedicate 4 episodes to Maul's fate.
    Dedicate 4 episodes to the Battle of Coruscant and the events that take place during ROTS.
    Dedicate 4 episodes to post-ROTS and Ahsoka's fate.

That's all we really need.

eht13, V-2 and credar like this.
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is now storytime with Seerow. We could all use a good story right?

I admit it, I had a moment here where I had a temper tantrum and removed all my personal stuff on this site. Like a kid throwing things in their room. Then one of my good friends who rarely graces me with his presence IM appeared. He sometimes seems of have some sort of sixth sense about when Seerow is upset and its time to come talk her up. He's one of the more insightful people I know and he gave me some food for thought.

The article from Jedi News may very well be citing RFR once again. Then Young pretty much cites The Jedi News article. The funny thing is the actualy Save The Clone Wars facebook page doesn't say this is a code red emergency. Its Jimmy Mac who does whom everyone may be assuming is in the know. Its interesting the TFN has not posted any of this stuff on its homepage. It remains baffling to me because Filoni and Eckstein seems to say things will be okay. I almost expect someone would come out and say something to misspell the rumors.

That said the most interesting thing my friend posted out because he is a serious techy with his hand on the pulse of the tech industry is where I brought up the Netflix rumors he told me,The Clone Wars is a hot shot at the moment. If Disney is considering streaming it. Its probably not Netflix they are looking at. Disney is trying to manuvuer Hulu complete with Netflix including with original Netflix. I did a quick internet search and confirmed to myself that Hulu has infact started up three original series that stream on their service. I thought back to RFR. Correct me if I'm wrong because it was only Ashley's interview I've listened to but it seemed like they were more concerned about TCW not returning to broadcast TV which they and I myself agree will kill it. I now wonder if TCW is heading for Hulu as a series for it and thats what is really going to happen. I guess code would be still only remaining Material.

For now this is still a waiting game until the hammer drops. A final 10-14 episode run would suck but I guess it would be better than nothing. That would feel really rushed I'm afraid.

QuangoFett likes this.
  20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Well, I've already seemingly lost Young Justice and Green Lantern, so this would be par for the course. We'll see, though. Either way, five seasons is quite a run. You have to give it to something the size of Disney, though, a company so big that ending one of CN's former most successful shows is the sensible idea. You know, if they do. I just wish they'd get around to making an announcement either way.

credar likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    They seem very desperate.

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    To add to this, the same person reported he's hearing 10 episodes with a DVD feature film for a series finale.

23. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    If this is true this would be fine with me as I was really only wanting one more season anyway. But again I will wait until someone outside of a fan site mentions something about it.

V-2 likes this.
  24. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
  25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Samayel_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.