main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    With the new post on the TF.N main page, I think it's pretty obvious that this is just an unceremonious shutdown. If this is how Disney handles its current entries into the franchise, how do you think they'll handle future ones?

It shows that they don't care about letting stories be completed, which means they won't guarantee that for books, comics, or future shows either. Whether you like The Clone Wars or not, saving it from an abrupt and unfinished end is good for the whole of the series.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Only the newbies seem willing to point out the obvious.

5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >"Those who don't like TCW: You don't have to watch it."

>"Stop disliking what I like"
    >Point

Ahahahahahahahahaha

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    There are people who commented on every episode thread to express how they hate TCW, and it's obvious that these people have a range of issues - but I think the most civilised response is to offer them patience, tolerance and help to gently guide them towards a pattern of rational discourse. Ditto for those who obsessively insist that the show is immune to criticism.

Ditto for the canonical entitlement crowd.

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Joining and bashing others isn't going to help. While people do post and express their disliking of TCW, there are others that post how much they love TCW.

The great Gush/Bash war here isn't going to end just yet, sadly.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Does anyone have a relavent Yoda quote?

9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >Getting angry when the dudes in charge go back on their word
    >Entitled

10. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Was it that clichéd? ;)

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's fine for someone to dislike the show and criticize it based on legitimate points. Pretty much every episode has it's flaws.

It's also fine for someone to overlook those flaws because they love the show. People are allowed to let go and just enjoy some escapism if they want.

It's again, fine, for someone to want a cohesive universe, to have everything mapped out, when that's been the norm for a couple of decades.

It's fine for people to have opinions, it's fine for people to act differently.

12. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Seriously? My post was considered flaming, to say it's egomaniacal to insist on denying the fans of a show the thing they like, even though those detractors aren't required to watch it?

That explains why the only discourse which persists on these forums is comprised of sarcasm and passive-aggression. Good luck getting anywhere with that. I'm out.

V-2 likes this.
  13. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    When it effects things they enjoy I can bash it all the hell I want as far as I'm concerned

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    such a stupid coversation

V-2 likes this.
  15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Welcome to the Internet!

[​IMG]

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I really did like the idea of TCW (seeing what was talked about in ANH). It's sad to see it end early.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Pro tip: You need to read the forum's rules.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good to see so many #SaveTheCloneWars tweets over the past couple days, some tweeters who have a healthy amount of followers have gotten involved also. Not sure it it will amount to any Disney/Lucasfilm action but it doesn't hurt and it's always good to speak up about your like of the show and desire to keep it going.

Tom Kane was on the Bombad Radio podcast and not only was it good to hear his stories from over the years, but he shed some light on the Season 6 Yoda arc which may or may not be ever seen. He couldn't be specific but said it was his favorite material yet as a Star Wars nerd (self described) and shed more light on Yoda as a character, his viewpoint with Ahsoka's departure, and even alluded to his communing with Qui-Gon's spirit. Tom said he was "told" they would finish this arc but he didn't say when he was told that. He was positive about it seeing the light of day some day, but perhaps he was being optimistic.

19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Though I haven't participated in the letter-writing, I did send a few tweets yesterday, though I don't know how useful it would since my twitter account is not public.

V-2 likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    ****... That sounds like some of the best TCW, but hearing it in this context also sucks in a way. If they have that sitting around 90+% complete and never put it out that will be infuriating.

Sgt Crowfield and QuangoFett like this.
  22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    It does sound badass, if they get Liam back to do Qui-Gon or even not and if we get a CW version of the cut scene from ROTS that kind of bridges that with Mortis which was supposed to come up again that would be amazing. Between that and Order 66 maybe these are really the best arcs they've done.

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Notice the "edited by Miana Kenobi" tag, bro.

How the rest of my post was flaming, but this isn't, is beyond me. But thanks for the warm welcome.

Darth Ibonek and CaptainRex115 like this.
  24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    PraenomenCognomen
    This is the wrong place for a warm welcome. Really.

I really like your name, though. :)

25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It is flaming, and he shouldn't have posted it.

Let's start again. Welcome to LACWAC! Given the instant controversy you caused, it seems liike you'll fit right in.

V-2, QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.