main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Then consider me surprised!

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, I take offense to that last one. :p

Seerow likes this.
  3. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    don't know about Kevin, but his buddy Jason Mewes enjoyed The Clone Wars, he said so on the ForceCast

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good idea, I just reached out to Pegg, now on to Mewes...

Edit: ...and I also asked George Takei...

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    All they'd have to do is add more fast food & stupid gadget commercials, the shows should remain the same.

6. VMeran

VMeran Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I think that he only hates the PT, but he's a huge SW fan and likes TCW. He even did the voice for Dengar in the last arc of Season 4.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Nah, this really has nothing to do with a Vietnamese monk immolating himself in the middle of the street in 1963 because of the persecution he, and fellow Buddhists, faced from the oppressive Christian Chief of South Vietnam, Ngo Dinh Diem.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That pretty much describes me as well. Let it end, ideally without another Barriss Offee sized disaster. But let it end properly with well written stories.

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You may be unaware that it's the album cover for the eponymous album by Rage Against The Machine.

It was either this album or Evil Empire, but I thought the burning monk imagery might start a Barriss discussion. ;)

QuangoFett likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well if you want to go that route, Jack, then this thread also has nothing to do with four hippies with varying hair length and facial hair. ;)

07jonesj likes this.
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Now that's the response I expected.

Coric and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well apparently there is a new group called SMGOtv (Show Must Go On) that crowd funds (kick starter campaign) to resurrect cancelled TV shows. They are starting one for Young Justice and Green Lantern! Their website is under construction but this link shows some updates from Green Lantern show runner Giancarlo Volpe (formerly of Clone Wars!) that says they are even meeting with Warner Brothers to discuss the campaign! Could this work for the Clone Wars?

Here's the link: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=76474

VMeran likes this.
  13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    My first thought was, no, Disney won't let it go... but then again, they wouldn't have to; a crowdfunded campaign which keeps it in Disney's hands and just supports the up-front production costs could work (that's essentially what the Veronica Mars movie accomplished). I think we've got more fans than Veronica Mars, but the question is, do we have more fans with money. TCW will cost much more than an independently-produced one-off film, and I can't think of any good incentives for top-dollar contributors (not to say there aren't any).

Then again, the Veronica Mars kickstarter has made twice their goal in two weeks' time, so...

EDIT: The other problem is, Veronica Mars has its showrunner and star fully behind the project. We don't really have a representative, thanks to all the gag orders the cast and crew seem to have been issued.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good points. Worth a shot though... the SMGO.tv site is in beta but we can send our suggestions on shows to them at suggest@smgo.tv, let's kickstart this thing!

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Removed

anakinfansince1983 and Esg like this.
  16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You seen the BioWare forums? A whole year later and there are still people complaining about ME3's ending. Some of them have literally been in states of depression since last March.

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    So is this since no one can seem to let it go. ;)

18. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We'll see what you do when your favourite things are taken away from you and Disney trashes that too.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is fandom. Just a bunch of pissed off fans trying to get Disney and LucasAnimation to give us what we feel entitled to. The rest of the finished content and maybe Brent Friedman's ending arc.

Hmmm... maybe someone should tweet Brent and ask him about that arc. Long shot but we could get an interesting response.

20. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Yeah, if Game of Thrones was cancelled he'd be acting the same

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I doubt it.

Far be it from me to tell people not to expend their time and resources writing Disney if that's what floats your cruiser, but the assumption that "if it were YOUR favorite show you'd do the same" is a bit presumptuous when you're talking about someone on the 'Net whom you know little about.

K'Kruhk, eht13 and 07jonesj like this.
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't really consider it obsession to try to get the finished material of this show released. Obsession demands time, I think, and it's only been a couple of weeks.

That, and I highly doubt people are watching the "Disney radar" 24/7.

VMeran, Random Comments and Seerow like this.
  23. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
  24. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
  25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.