main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yesterday I voted for Ahsoka (and she barely won against Rex!) and I've just voted for Obi-Wan in the Obi-Wan vs. Han Solo round. I think that round is going to be a close one.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ahsoka squeaked by with 53% versus Rex's 47%... he didn't quite manage to Order 66 her. ;) I think it's cool that it was close as long as each character had a lot of people voting for them in general, just for the sake of perception of Clone Wars popularity.

So she's on to battle Chewie next Wednesday 4/3. Everyone make sure to help her beat the Wookiee and give the Clone Wars more staying power in the tournament.

I agree with hlc88 on the close race for Obi-Wan versus Han... let's vote for Obi-Wan, I see it as a vote for the Prequel era since they are using his Prequel avatar and referring to him as "the General." Maul vs. Vader should be interesting, I'm going for Maul given his recent Clone Wars run.

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The point is that...maybe that's not what we want, and that Disney needs to understand there is a fan base who cares about such things.

Maul and obiwan are good votes for today, methinks.

4. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Actually I don't like to vote for something via internet but considering we can show the popularity of TCW as SidoDyas said I just voted for Obi-Wan and Maul.

See that, Disney?

The Shadow Emperor and hlc88 like this.
  5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    If we stick together we can make our voices heard! :D

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Please. Ahsoka is going to beat Chewbacca? Maul is going to beat Vader? And people are actually using a Final Four style poll on the official site (that is obviously just being done for fun) as some sort of means to petition Disney and "send a message"?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    JAT posted on twitter that he's "working on some exciting secret projects." I wonder if he could be referring to the 'bonus episodes' or the new show? [face_thinking]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Let me pose a question to you: Have you ever considered how market research is conducted? On a small scale, focus groups can be used. But if you were a marketing exec, and you could take a sample of a much larger audience, wouldn't you do so? And if you did that, consider how you'd get people to participate... Would you create a plain survey with zero incentive to take it, or would you cleverly disguise it as a fun contest? The fact that they're conducting research right now is corroborated by the random popup survey on Starwars.com, wherein approximately half the questions relate to TCW, and its viewership in comparison to other entries into the series.

It's no secret that everything on Starwars.com is there for promotional purposes; it's a business. Yes, sometimes that means informational blog pieces and games and such, but when they actually put money into promoting something (which they have, as evidenced by the introduction video), it's guaranteed to have an informational purpose. That's simply how marketing departments work; they record absolutely all audience response data available to them.

Even if it wasn't intended as a way of taking a sample of TCW/Prequel interest, the data will nonetheless be on record for that purpose, so it can still be used to our advantage. A simple application of marketing knowledge proves this.

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think its what we would like it to be. He mentioned about working on some "exciting secret projects" a few days ago in an interview he did, so I doubt its Clone Wars stuff. I just can't remember which place I heard it now! :eek:

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Never x 2.:p

eht13 and kubricklynch like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dooku beat Tarkin.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Man, all they need is one more season to tie up loose ends...one season. I hate it that they threw away opportunities that could have addressed most of these issues. The freeing of the Sep Leaders. Ahsoka's disappearance. Asajj Ventress' demise. Cad Bane's and Hondo's. Mother Talzin's. Darth Maul's.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I dunno, I'd be willing to bet that if we had a season in which five major characters died, people would complain. The complaints would be that either those characters were too awesome to die and should be frozen in carbonite for the ST, or the show should have stretched out so we only had one major death per season.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So long as the deaths are done well I don't have a problem with multiple deaths per season or even my favorite characters kicking it prior to the end. I like those kinds of feel. Really so long as the deaths fit the characters I wouldn't complain to much about killing everyone off at the series' end although I'm not a fan of this normally. I'm pretty used to that sort of thing actually. I get sick of that sort of thing since it often results in abrupt and unfulfiling endings and can seem to lack creativity. Then there are fates worth than death, IMO. However that's not something we probably have the luxury to explore with TCW anymore.

15. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Asajj Ventress doesn't need a demise.

K'Kruhk, JackG, eht13 and 4 others like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    QFT.

17. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Agreed. See, it's not just "TCW vs. Anti-TCW..." :p

Cad Bane needs to die, because Fett needs to kill him to achieve infamy... I'd even be bummed about Aurra Sing dying, messing up some post-prequel appearances... but I'd rather see it than not, if the alternative is just leaving it on a backup drive at Disney.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure nobody said it was.

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

20. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    *pacefalm*

:p = Sarcasm.

21. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
  22. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
  23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This storyline sounds suspiciously like the now retconned Old Wounds comic. Maybe they will reintroduce this storyline and un-retcon the comic, adding additional plot points? Especially considering where TCW left off Maul's story, this has the potential to be interesting, and will presumably resolve Maul's final fate.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    There's also word about a big new series from Dark Horse, which might wind up being a continuation of the series... but for some reason, I just really doubt they're considering anything TCW for the sake of movies. If I'm wrong, and they're throwing around canon-oriented ideas for spinoffs... well, color me ecstatic. But I just can't believe that yet...

Dude, read the mod comment from Seerow a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.