main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I went to the site http://www.obiwantstoknowme.com and see that you need a login to participate. Can i ask how you can get a login or who do they ask to participate?

Like you said it is an official site as its connected to Starwars.com.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd be interested in signing up too.

3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I was invited months ago. I've been a registered member of starwars.com almost since day one, and I was also a Hyperspace member for some time so I don't know if either of those things were a factor.

Yancy

4. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    The site launched about the same time as the Disney announcement in October.

Yancy

5. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Just to be clear there are some things which I simply cannot say due to the NDA you have to agree with when you join. However, these were more general questions directed at gauging fan interest in certain areas of Star Wars video gaming, so it's clear something is in the works, but nothing concrete. Like I said they are probably looking at re-purposing the game to feature something else they are working on.

6. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I tried logging on to that Obi Wants To Know site with my Lucas Online info, and it doesn't let me in, so I guess it's some sort of invite only thing, as you suggested.

I was looking through the site, and there's apparently sweepstakes rules to this whole thing; you can actually earn cash prizes for filling out surveys it seems. The sweepstakes started on Nov 7, 2012 and runs through November 5, 2013.

7. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Hmm. Seein' as I'm more a story guy and not so much of a gamer, I would hope they'd consider turning 1313 into a series which covers those characters through the Dark Times, and not the other way around, as a game with TCW stories wrapped up in that weird videogamey way (don't get me wrong; I love how far videogames have come, but I don't like gameplay structure getting in the way of a good story). Maybe this is hopeless optimism, but seeing as that's not something I've indulged throughout this campaign, and the fact that I'm actually feeling a hell of a lot more confident after seeing that Obi-Wants to Know Me site, it's actually starting to add up:

- They release the Order 66 arc, signaling an end to the series as we know it...
    - They're exploring a new series, set in a previously unexplored era (dark times)...
    - Filoni wasn't upset about it, and the writers haven't spoken up, because they might know what's going on (but have NDAs)...
    - The cast are still alarmed, because they don't necessarily have to know what's going on during these planning stages and could still be replaced...
    - The animation team is canned, because their work was just too expensive, explaining TF.N's alarmist insider...
    - Dark Horse's new series is an 8-part Infinities adaptation of GL's original draft, so it doesn't look like they're getting the TCW continuation after all...
    - It satisfies Disney's need for something new to form a marketing infrastructure around, instead of putting money into a "three more seasons, tops" venture...
    - Explains 1313 being put on hold (which is the only game that's REALLY put on hold; TOR keeps releasing new stuff).

I mean, this would really explain the absolute radio-silence of so many of the show's big names (and the opposite fact for the smaller names). Every post-TCW interview I've heard or read, there's this huge sense that they're talking around something... so, let's hope it's an NDA about a legit continuation of the series in some other form.

Only conflicts:
    - It doesn't jive with Disney's sequel-era focus.
    - If it becomes the adult-y show which the 1313 setting suggests, I don't think they'd port over the writing team from TCW.
    - Something else I'm sure somebody will point out.

8. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Star Wars: First Assault is also on "hold." This game was even further along than 1313, and was supposed to be released this spring.

9. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Well, OK, but I mean... I always had the impression that it didn't get grand welcome that 1313 did. Different conversation entirely though; either way, I don't suppose it's super far-fetched that there'd be two separate reasons for putting two different games on hold. I suppose what I meant was, if they'd shut down TOR as well, then I'd think it was a single reason for all the shutdowns. But two games is, at the very least, somewhat flexible.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    TOR is done externally, by BioWare, not by LucasArts.

11. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Ah, gotcha... well, I did say I wasn't so much of a gamer, and now I've proven it...

SithStarSlayer and 07jonesj like this.
  12. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Welp, the Ahsoka v. Chewie bracket's up... let's game this mother.

http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html

Hint: in chrome, you can open up an incognito window, vote, close it, open another, vote again, and so on... I'm pretty sure that's how Cad Bane got 38% when most of the Star Wars FB comments were people asking who he is, or saying cartoons are for children (the irony, of course, being that they're commenting on a Star Wars character bracket competition, most likely totally intended for children :p).

Watto and 07jonesj like this.
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Vote for Ahsoka everyone!!!

This video is really cheesy but endearing and fun that Ashley is so into this... bit.ly/XE0OeO
    That is what is great about her, James and other TCW actors, they really go out of their way to connect with us. Stop what you are doing right now and help us #SaveTheCloneWars!

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Just seen that poll, kind of surprised that Luke lost out to Yoda and Leia lost to R2D2.

The most interesting was the Obi-wan V Han Solo thread though.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ashoka vs Chewie?

Damn.

Let the Wookiee win, people.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Removed

V-2 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, I see. You believe the right to have an opinion should be reserved for people who agree with you.

18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Chewie would pop Ahsoka's arms right off.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Heh... you're calling him on what is, essentially, the inverse of your own opinion.

Nobody cares until, yunno... they care.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL no. I called him on whether he has the right to create his own personal clique of people who agree with him.

And I still don't care about the contest, but if I want to pop in here and say "Let the Wookiee win" just for the hell of it, or because "let the Wookiee win" is an awesome OT line that Filoni actually managed not to insert into the show...I will. I haven't seen a TOS rule that says "must support Ahsoka" yet.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Play nice guys. We should not be insulting people and telling them to leave because their opinions are different. However let me point out this thread is sensitive. Like it or not this thread is about the Save The Clone Wars movements and its campaigns such as voting Ahsoka though the OS's March madness to show support for TCW. If you don't have anything productive to add to this discussion (this goes for all camps of discussion in this thread) then I suggest avoiding posting this thread. Lets stay on the topic of the petition and its campaigns please.

V-2 likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Let me get some clarification on this and then I'm done:

If we support Chewie, we aren't supposed to say so at all? Or just not in this particular thread?

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think the last three lines in my post cover this. The point of voting for Ahsoka against Chewie is to support TCW. Its one of the recommendations the Save The Clone Wars Campaign has made. This thread is pretty much about the campaign and showing our support for the show in hope we'll atleast see this elusive and promised bonus material. Coming in here and saying, "Let the wookie win" while a valid opinion is rattling some cages. This thread is supposed to be SRS BSNS yo. That's why people are getting a little more sensitive and some little spats have started in here.

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I bet your post history was reviewed, thoroughly.
    Disney isn't going feed the trolls, they weeded them out before getting started. ;)

GGrievous and 07jonesj like this.
  25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    CaptainRex115 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.