main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I love how Ashley is using the Star Wars Blog to basically campaign for more Clone Wars. In a way. But still! The irony!

Also, we need to somehow convince those crazy facebook people who hate on Ahsoka for no reason to vote for her!

And do incognito tabs.

A lot of incognito tabs.

And vote Count Dooku as well.

Always vote for the person you know will lose. That way they can wipe out the strong characters and end up dying to weaker characters when we don't vote for them :p

2. Nickster79

Nickster79 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    It's so strange to me that I used to absolutely hate the character of Ahsoka Tano, but now I'm desperate to see more of her. Real credit to Ashley and Dave Filoni & Co.

3. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I know. I didn't like Ahsoka at first but now I love her! That really is stuff for me. Usually when I hate a character, nothing will change that opinion.

If Ahsoka wins it, it will help spread the word of The Clone Wars tv series and show Disney "Oh hey! Look! A new fan favorite. Maybe we should pump out some more Clone Wars stuff. It's obvious there is money to be made there."

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Doesn't it make more sense to have Sidious win? That makes Ahsoka the only non-OT character!

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    ......I like the way you think!

07jonesj likes this.
  6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I just wish they had put TCW Anakin V PT Anakin in the poll as well just to see who would win out of that :p

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was voting for Dooku since he is prequel/clone wars specific... which pushes the cause along in a way.

Its okay if they lose... its the quantity of votes that is important. Of course an Ahsoka victory against Chewie would be amazing... but a tough one.

8. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I'm not liking how the facebook post of Ahsoka vs Chewie is going [face_nail_biting]

I'm gonna go vote. In incognito tabs. For like an hour.

07jonesj and Watto like this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

I wouldn't take it to bad, Luke lost to Yoda and Leia lost to R2 I mean common now

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    This is also a great way to get the survey to pop up... but don't take it every time. Might make your IP suspect.

11. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Wait, how does this survey come up? Is it just random? Or is this the Obi Wants to know you survey?

12. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It's just the regular site survey, and it is random. It's popped up for me several times, though I dunno if a popup blocker catches it...

13. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Im sorry but Ahsoka stands no chance. it makes no sense. jango only got 22% against boba... the dude who stands around, says nothing, and dies like a punk. i cant see ahsoka beating chewie, not even close. although i will be supporting her. i feel like most SW fans are just trolls i mean who votes boba over jango and chewie over ahsoka... it defies all logic

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    We don't know how Boba Fett dies yet. ;)

It's quite simple why this happens. The OT is liked much more than the PT, and their characters tend to win things like this. Just because you disagree hardly makes it illogical.

V-2 and Circular_Logic like this.
  15. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    George lucas flat out says that he would have made bobas death scene different if he had known he would be a fan favorite. so according to GL he died.

also it is illogicall. chewbacca stands there san says nothing in english hardly does anything. ahsoka does soo much in TCW series and is a great character. same goes for jango vs boba. jango was a main character in aotc and does a lot in the film. while in the films boba just stands there and goes down like a punk the 1 time he fights. it defies all logic

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Lucas may have created the universe, but he's no longer the mastermind, and he doesn't govern my thoughts. That he is adamant it's stupid to bring Boba Fett back, but bringing Maul back is fine and dandy smacks of hypocrisy.

I don't know how to explain this to you, but Chewie carries more weight as a character than Ahsoka. Most of the OT characters do, and it's a feeling that I do find hard to articulate into words.

17. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Okay maul survived because he's a SITH LORD... something not to be taken lightly. while boba was a random loser who couldnt fight (only in the OT, as a kid in TCW he was a pretty good fighter)

of course you can't describe why chewbacca is better cause hes not, period. as i said its illogical. people just vote OT characters cause its the "cool" thing to do mesa thinks

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    A Sith Lord? :p

Eh, nobody could fight in the OT. Just a side effect of choreography becoming much more advanced in modern films.

NO. People don't like OT characters more because it's the "hip" thing to do. The OT is generally more liked, the "general consensus" is that it is better. An individual opinion, mine or yours, does not change this. Review and user scores are higher for the OT on every review site I've ever encountered. The films are just "generally" considered of higher quality.

Chewbacca is Han's companion. He's funny, yet armed with a badass crossbow. And yeah, he seems to carry that "weight" that I cannot quite explain, whilst Ahsoka does not (I'm a big Ahsoka fan though!).

V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  20. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    clearly your not a big ahsoka fan if you say chewie is better and cant explain why. please dont insult ahsoka fans like myself like that.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Surely I can be a fan of more than one character? I'm a fan of Star Wars, after all.

Oh, and all those times I've defended Ahsoka's development, they don't matter, I'm just not a fan of the character now apparently. :rolleyes:

22. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Sure you can, im a fan of chewie... but no where near ahsoka by a long shot. I dont see how chewie is more likeable than ahsoka he does little to nothing and no offense but if chewie > ahsoka that leads me to question how much you really supposedly like ahsoka.

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I like Ahsoka and I like Chewbacca. I voted for Ahsoka because of the Save thing, but Chewbacca still brings a big smile to my face, the big walking carpet!

And quite frankly, it's not within your prerogative to question how much jones likes Ahsoka. He likes both characters, but he prefers one over the other. How can that be possible?...

K'Kruhk, Valairy Scot, VMeran and 2 others like this.
  24. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Ahsoka is more interesting cause her character has an arc. She started as something and ended as something else. Chewbacca basically started out as a dog and ended as a dog.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out how preference for another character insults people who like Ahsoka.

K'Kruhk, Cevan and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.