main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    ^this... its equivalent to liking your dog better than your own friend IMO

2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Going back on topic, at this point I would just want a full season released on the Blu-Ray/DVD gig. A proper send-off, and 6 just rounds it off nicely, 5 just...doesn't.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I have a dog and friends (shut up, I do!), but I don't think I'd compare them. Both are valuable to me.

Chewbacca, however, is not the equivalent of a dog. Remember, I'm including all of my memories of New Republic era EU here, which shows off Chewie's family (yes, the one from the frakkin' Holiday Special!), and the pre-ANH adventures of Han and Chewie. I just love to see him on-screen, and enjoy his sarcasm - yep, just like R2, the audience seems to understand exactly what Chewie means without dialogue.

Nevertheless, dropping this now per Akash's orders. ;)

FRINGE had a nice, round 5 seasons!

I just want to know what we're getting, I'm sure it'll make it to Blu-Ray. My impatience is beginning to flare up. :(

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Double post. Sorry!

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    6 movies, 6 seasons, you know? It just kind of had a ring to it...
    And i'm not counting Episode 7 yet - my reservations are still there

Random Comments, Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Doesn't matter who wins, just get Ahsoka as many votes as possible, they'll use quantity of votes to determine whether fan demand is there for more material.

Random Comments and V-2 like this.
  7. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    okay im going to pretend i never saw the holiday special mentioned in reasons to like anything SW related

8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Alright, let's keep this on the topic of trying to get the rest of this show now.

I know we both agree on that issue. :)

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  9. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    my apologies friend... but yeah, It would be a miracle to save this show... What do you guys think the chances are we are gona see this supposed bonus content?? and when would we get it?

07jonesj likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    No problem, just making sure not to cross Akash. :p

The lack of information is what is annoying me. That 2 arcs finished rumour was a depressing one, and we haven't had any rumours since, at all. We don't really know of anything that's happening over at Disney/Lucasfilm.

I'm remaining hopeful though.

In terms of predicting the delivery method, I'd guess either a Disney channel or direct-to-DVD/Blu-Ray. Some have suggested it may air on StarWars.com, but I doubt that. They'd definitely want to monetize it.

AkashKedavra_93 and V-2 like this.
  11. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I dont see why they cant just release the whole season 6 (or whatevers finished) on DVD... they would make tons of profit and it wouldnt be much work. like the clovis arc, fives arc, and whatevers left...

i guess probably after season 6 theyres more questions than at the end of season 5... so they just decided to end it there

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If they can make any profit from it, what would be the motivation on Disney's end for not releasing the already-recorded arcs from season 6?

And you all with your petition seem to be showing that they'd make a profit.

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm not intimate with the exact production process of this show. Presumably they sync up the mouth and face after the VA is done?

Perhaps LucasFilm need to put a little bit of money into each episode before it's ready to finish up post-production, and that's where the trepidation is coming from?

14. bluelantern714

bluelantern714 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2013
    It's been confirmed that they're only releasing the two already completed story arcs planned for season six. There does seem to be a new hope for cancelled shows though--smgo.tv. It's a new crowdfunding site dedicated to reviving cancelled tv shows. It's completely legitimate and looks promising--the site already has an April 11 meeting with Warner Brothers about reviving cancelled cartoons Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Everyone should go to the site and suggest Star Wars: The Clone Wars. If nothing else, it could show Disney how successful and popular The Clone Wars is.

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    No, it has not. There has been a single rumour from a single source, which is contrary to the "show is cancelled" rumour. That cropped up on multiple sites, who all cited their own sources.

16. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Well they canceled the 3-D movies, which was basically pure profit. So i dunno... I think my prediction could possibly be the reason... I mean why else would they not release already finished content... maybe theyre just trying to tick us off or soemthing

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The 3D movies require some conversion time. I don't know how "finished" these arcs are; I assumed they had already been done and ready for release.

Regardless, I think Disney has better things to do than make an effort to tick off fans.

18. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    They could have fooled me...

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Move past how you're feeling at the moment about the franchise and consider how an entertainment business model works.

What exactly would be their motivation for making a concerted effort to tick off fans?

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Landslide victory for the former.

21. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I really don't know. It makes about as much sense as canceling a successful show and not releasing finished content, delaying(aka canceling) a much hyped game (1313), and canceling a re-release of movies that is essentially pure profit.

In my opinion, they are looking to bring back the OT fans that abandoned SW with the PT... as well as getting new fans into the series with a new trilogy. Or another theory that my Dad came up with is that he says they're basically trying to "starve" people of Star Wars until when episode 7 comes out they will be desperate for it... then again im not an evil corporation so I have no idea.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    A Star Wars fan who abandoned the saga during the PT, wasn't really a fan in the first place. Nothing fanatical about quitting.

Sgt Crowfield and Circular_Logic like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll rant against corporotocracy as much or more than the next person, however...

A corporation's primary, and usually sole, motive is to make a profit for its shareholders. Therefore, whatever decisions Disney has made or will make regarding TCW will have to do with its profit margin.

I don't know how much profit TCW was making for Cartoon Network or Lucasfilm itself, or how much advertising it got. (I never watched with commercials or researched this at all.) As far as canceling the movie re-release--again I'm assuming there was conversion cost involved which Disney assumed would not be worth the cost, or your father is right and the corporation wants to focus solely on Episode VII and "starve" people of Star Wars.

However, none of those motivations equate to simply wanting to piss off fans.

24. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    There's criteria on both sides of this, really...

You might be right about the "content drought" idea. I've heard that tossed around a lot. I don't think they understand that it's just not necessary for Star Wars.

At the same time, you never know what's in the pipeline. I think it's stupid that they kicked off their stewardship by taking something away before giving us something new. I know the idea is that they're giving us a sequel trilogy, but from the public's perspective, they aren't doing that... J.J. Abrams is... and we haven't seen it yet.
    Anyway, the other issue is: GL works expensive. He's never been concerned with the bottom line, and was always more about making something groundbreaking and huge. Now we're seeing a company trying to make Star Wars on the cheap, and that's... well... a bummer.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    In fact, I've had this argument with somebody on a SW tabletop board: Essentially, many of us get the whole commercial construct that Disney represents, but it doesn't make us any less mad about it. It's just that idealistic punk gene, I think. So, lots of these debates end up with people arguing at cross-purposes, because one person's saying, "Well, this is why it is the way it is, and that's just business," and the other is saying, "Fine, but that's no consolation; I still hate it..." :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.