main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furcifer

furcifer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 30, 2004
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    BUMP. Still no confirmation.

Just vague references to "next season" by voice actors.

Imagine if they end this season with a cliffhanger and don't return to follow up?

V-2 likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  4. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    TO BE FAIR Disney XD has Tron: Uprising and from what I heard Tron: Uprising has the same amount of violence that TCW has and etc.

5. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Why should Disney cancel this and piss off all that litte young fans which slowly learn to become SW Nerds?

TCW will even grow beyond its end. It will change into a new Animated Show for years and years to come. The Episodes Sabotage and The Jedi who knew too much are very cost intensive in terms of Locations. It would be stupid to not use it again. I can imagine that this military facility will be the main base of the new main villain in a new show. That can be Tarkin or another OC Imperial Character.

EDIT

Disney is an Entertainment Company, not a kindergarten where you can deliver your Child for two hours to go shopping.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Another favorite show of mine "Parks and Recreation" has season after season not known whether the season finale would actually be the series finale. So they've written every season finale as it could have been a decent series finale. There's an interesting interview with the showrunner for Parks and Rec where he describes the process:
    "“Okay, season 3 could be it.” So we tried to write a season that would end in an episode (“L’il Sebastian”) that — if that were the last episode that ever aired — we would be happy and feel like we had ended the show, not totally closing off every storyline, but just that the characters were being sent off into the great beyond in an interesting way."
    "...and then we’re doing it again this year. The way we operate every year is we that don't know what our future is. So we try to tell the juiciest, most interesting stories we can tell. And at the end of the year, we write a series finale. Something that, if this is it, we go out the way we want to go out. And we try not to close it off so completely that if the show comes back for another year, that we have nowhere to go."

With the Clone Wars having to work on the animation so much more in advance compared to a live action show, I think they'd have to plan their finales even more carefully with a "in case of emergency" finale, but also they may actually finish or nearly finish episodes before they find out they're cancelled. In the case of the latter, the episodes may be shuffled to direct to DVD/Blu-ray.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, they are pretty grim on the podcast regarding the fate of the show. Especially given the circumstances of the finale.

The fact is none of us really know what's going to happen, and shouldn't really make assumptions, right? Let your voice be heard!

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can't get this petition to take my signature. Hmmm...

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Seerow don't forget to make the newest episode thread, it's up on OS.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Quit spamming the thread breh...

BlenderWars likes this.
  13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Best to get it sent before it is, as when shows are cancelled theirs no going back as it actually costs money to cancel a show.

TBH I don't see why it would be. Its a well received show by families and critics alike, and from a numbers side seems to do decent enough not to be seen as a lost cause/waste of time.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And it's the only new Star Wars we would get till VII as well.

16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    And was treated like crap by XD. Frankly, if TCW is on that network, with no merchandising campaign to support it, it's best to have a short run.

Honestly, I'd almost prefer they end it at 5, and do a 2hour wrapup movie.

17. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Taken from the Rebel Force Radio facebook page...

PROTECT THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS. The most effective way to voice your support to Disney to move forward with Season 6 is with a well-written, polite letter. Let Disney know you want The Clone Wars to continue! Petitions might not do the trick. One-on-one communication will! BE PROACTIVE and write to this address:
    Walt Disney Studios
    500 S Buena Vista St
    Burbank, CA 91521
    Attn: Bob Iger

Or contact Disney electronically: http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/corporate-communications

Save The Clone Wars!

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I read in the comments of this Rebel Force Radio Facebook post... apparently Jimmy Mac's contacts WITHIN Lucasfilm let him know the show is in danger of being cancelled by Disney. I'm guessing these would be contacts from over the years doing interviews on the podcast, but he says he is not at liberty to say who they are...

Disney's reasoning is they are focusing and investing all resources into the sequel trilogy, and so the powers that be are not supporting TCW. Apparently despite the completed production on future episodes, there is no place to air them right now. There is no deal for CN to air and no Disney arrangements to air on their networks. So it looks like it just got real...

This contact is suggesting actual physical letters as you can see in the previous post, rather than email or petitions. Dark times, it seems.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Except, you know, the rest of the EU.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It sounds like they don't know how to actual contact Disney in a way that Disney will actually get the memos. Disney isn't going to be like dealing the Turner back in the day. So it sound like they're going to have folks spam every contact they find that sounds legit in hope it actually makes it to the presidents office. That's as good a plan as any really. I still see this as entirely preemptive.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I meant on TV.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This would be a bad way for it to end if true. The show deserves at least 1 more season or a wrap up film/mini series at the very least. Bad move disney, I know lots of families with their kids who like this show that's the audience you want pulling in to see E7

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't see this as spam or pre-emptive since the Lucasfilm contact actually suggested it to Jimmy Mac and suggested sending letters to this one address straight to Bob Iger. The creators of the show say its in danger.

24. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    This show aint gonna get canceled,that would be ridicilious.

BlenderWars likes this.
  25. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Watto i think you are one of the serious Members here and after your arguments i begin to believe that the show is in real danger to get cancelled or set on halt?

If Disney realy do this than it will be the dumbest move ever and i would hate them more like i already do.

I hope this is just some PR Gag of the TCW Crew to test the lovin of the fans. Otherwise i would have to speed up my plans for a hommage show. It would be better than nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.