main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I actually designed it and sent it to all the big campaign gathering points... decided we needed a unified look, with something nice and professional-looking to get behind.

2. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    The interview with Filoni should be up by midnight tonight.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would be surprised if we got any real news...

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Hell, I'm hoping he's under a strict NDA about something new... that would mean there's something to shut up about. I just hope the NDA doesn't mean he has to deny its existence entirely.

But really, wouldn't he go on a different podcast, if he wanted to avoid prying questions? It seems the ForceCast would be the place to go if he wanted to talk around something, the way Eckstein did recently. He knows what he's getting into with RFR. If the situation were really so strict, I don't think there would be an interview at all.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

Sgt Crowfield and 07jonesj like this.
  6. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
  7. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    i posted last week about my email to Disney, this is there reply
    Subject
    the clone wars

Correspondence
    Response via Email 05/04/2013 12:27
    Hi Dean.
    Thanks for taking the time to contact us.
    We would like to thank you for sharing your valued feedback with us. Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department for consideration.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further enquiries.
    Kindest Regards
    Maria
    My Favourite Disney Character is Ariel
    Guest Email (Dean Backhouse) 24/03/2013 14:31
    hi im emailing you as im very upset about the cancelation of the clone wars tv show.
    there is many character arcs that havnt been completed and fans need answers to these and feel that the show has been cancelled way before it was finished.
    there is also no official news of how we will get to see finished so called bonus content.
    the fans of star wars are very loyal and passionate about there shows and movies and this has caused a bad feeling towards disney at this time and the news of star wars episode 7 has been welcome but why end something so good without finishing it.
    there are too many loose ends.
    the fans deserve better, dean backhouse, star wars fan since 1977

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    What a heartfelt reply... not at all canned.

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    "Kindest Regards
    Maria
    My Favourite Disney Character is Ariel"

The end is near.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    you honestly expected them to give you a response? I'm amazed that they even have a canned reply email.

eht13 likes this.
  11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm guessing the relevant department for consideration is the recycle bin.

eht13 likes this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    If only we could consign this whole thread to that bin...

Coric and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Right, because this thread forced its way into your life and compels you to keep posting.

Gallandro, credar, VMeran and 7 others like this.
  14. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    It took around a week to get back and im skeptical but its better than just sitting on your laptop moaning about it

AkashKedavra_93, rumblewagon and V-2 like this.
  15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They have a whole thing about how they'll respond in 48 hours...so yes, at least a canned response was pretty much given...

16. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    there never going to tell us there plans but at least if we get in there face and protest we may get a little something.

that interview with filoni was pretty good so lets just hope for the best, he loves star wars as we do and he is still on the inside

rumblewagon likes this.
  17. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Well, heh, they'll tell us their plans when there's plans to tell. Development's a long haul.

I'd like to think our campaign has made a difference. Some 'o the kids probably thought a success was simply to get TCW back, but in truth, it's much more multi-faceted than that. It's a shame those enthusiastic kids won't ever really realize that, but I'm quite sure we made somewhat of an impact as far as the small decisions go. We showed that we know what goes on behind the scenes by our support of Filoni, and that may have influenced them to keep him on board... we recently found that there is STILL a skeleton crew working on the remaining TCW arcs, indicating that we might see the Fett arc after all (since the TF.N source said they were almost finished, but must have thought the whole division was being shut down, not realizing others would continue working on it)... and we know there's a new series, which could still potentially function as a continuation of certain TCW stories. I mean, if they're already developing a show, but the script for VII isn't finished, I'm really not sure how they could use it to lead up to VII anyway, yunno? And without the campaign, I doubt whether the Obi-Wan/Maul spinoff movie idea would have even hit the discussion table at LFL.

07jonesj and Circular_Logic like this.
  18. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    ^as to the Obi-wan Maul spinoff film rumor....I'm not convinced n the slightest. It's a rumor with no source, and the story is an old comic book's plot.

07jonesj likes this.
  19. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    As far as the likelihood of it actually happening, I agree... but at the same time, I have no doubt that it was discussed during a spinoff brainstorm. McGregor's been vocal about being open to returning to the role; he only said he doubted it because of the era of VII. Spinoffs solve that problem.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There, Their, They're.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I personally hope they don't over do it with the spin off movies. They sound fun but I'm not sure I'd want popcorn flick after cheesy Star Wars popcorn flick. Not the biggest fan of most of the Marvel movies. I'm fine with one here and one there along with episode 7. I'm slightly more excited for another animated series as an animation buff.

V-2 and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  22. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I think we need a rule for this thread to ignore ALL comments that are meant to just get a reaction out of us. If they are ignored, they will not be able to get the pleasure out of trolling us. And always remember,

So if they fear they are not getting their money's worth of trolling, they will be in suffering pain and leave. Win/win! :D

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^That's some good advise there and it would be best you just put it into practice. Its not your place to call someone out as a troll. That's baiting and will only start a fight even if true. If to believe someone to trolling, please report it. Do not derail this thread again with posts like that, this goes for everyone. Thank you.

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Can we call them "Cin Drallig" instead? That may even be construed as a compliment, given the man's exploits.

I jest, of course.

QuangoFett likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't play with me, son. =b

Circular_Logic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.