The Phantom Menace 3-D Feb 10

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by jedimika, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay, we?re about a month away from the TPM 3-D re-release so time to discuss planning.

WHERE: Stoneybrook cinemas seems to be a good central location so I favor that but I remember we saw Clone Wars at Preston Hwy (where we first made the acquaintance of Zannah) so I?m open to that as well.

WHEN: Opening day is Friday Feb 10 and we can see the movie multiple times (and I will) but I?d like to see our big turnout Friday night. I?m thinking getting together at the theater restaurant about 7PM and hanging out until a 9PM show or so. We can have snacks and drinks and social hour in the restaurant or eat before we get there, but I don?t think a full pre-movie meal in a regular sit down restaurant will work for some of us since some will be in costume and I myself worry about 1) spilling food on my costume and 2) scaring the muggles. Still, we?ll tag this as our Feb ?Meet and Eat? outing so you don?t have to worry about saving your credits for a second night out this month. Go wild.

Or we can reverse things and see the movie at 7-ish and hang out afterwards. But I think some people may have trouble (especially those on the other side of the bridge) making the 7-ish show without rushing.

FORMAT: Most likely there will be a 2-D release along with the 3-D release (there usually is). I would favor a 2-D but the problem I?ve found with the 2-D is the theater schedules those showings few and far between?they want that extra 3-D money! So I think we?ll pretty much be forced to see it 3-D but I?m just happy TPM is back on the big screen. We may be able to know movie times about a week in advance I hope so we can decide then on showtimes or wait until we all get to the theater to decide (but I?d really like having a plan in place before opening night). The other thing that is an added expense but I favor is reserved seating. I don?t know if they?ll have it for TPM but if they do I think it?s a good idea. That way we can all sit together and can even wait until 2 minutes to show time to go in since our seats are waiting for us. I can pick up the tickets the week ahead as long as I have an accurate head count. A head count will be good so I can give the restaurant a little warning as well.

WHO: Whose job is it to keep Zannah from drinking too much before the movie (not it). I remember her sitting behind me at the Clone Wars before I even knew her, she gets a little gregarious. :p

No, I kid, but really, who?s in? Which of the options appeal to you the most? Discuss.

2. Relin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Mika, I think they closed the restaurant when they changed ownership. You may want to doublecheck.
  3. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks, that's why I like to plan far ahead, to work out any kinks.

I remember they closed when they switched hands but they looked open last month when I saw "Sherlock Holmes". I'll double check. Thanks.
  4. mindtwister_138 Force Ghost

star 3

I would love to see this in 3D. I don't mind going out to Stonybrook, but I definitely have been waiting for this in 3D for some time now. I'm hoping that the 3D effect will give Jar Jar some of the depth he needs to be part of the Star Wars universe....lol.

5. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    3D!

I'm seeing this, even if I have to bash in da bosses hay blibber to see it!
  6. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Went by Stoneybrook today and their restaurant is open in the evenings so we're good to go with them. Not sure about Preston Hwy, if there's group interest in seeing the flick there I can check them out as well.
  7. 11-11 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Can't wait to put on my ocular enhancers! I'm pumped![face_dancing]
  8. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Don't worry Mika, no drinking for me at this one, I'll be in costume and representing TDE. :D The Stonybrook theater sounds great, in fact, it's the one that Estreya has been in contact with for the Dark Empire. The manager and some of the staff, already knows that there will folks in S.W. fan groups there in costume, and they are pumped about it.

Here are the Empires plans thus far: We'll be at Stonybrook on Friday the 10th.

1) Everyone shows up during release day whenever they want to. Appo and I plan on around 4:00pm to 5:00pm... possibly earlier.
    2) We'll be interacting with the crowd as much as possible.
    3) We'll go and eat in shifts when the mood strikes.
    4) We plan on seeing a showing that starts between 8:00pm and 9:00pm.

So far, it is looking like the Empire will have with us:

Estreya in her Custom Chiss Sith
    Lord Nocturnus in his Custom Chiss Sith
    Lord Bane
    Lord Zannah
    Darth Vader
    Darth Maul

Also attending with us:

Storm Troopers of the Empire era: At least three
    At least one Endor Style Rebel
  9. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks Zannah, again that's why it's a good idea to start planning early. I'm good with an earlier start time/movie time...I'd like to hear what our Indiana members have to say...could you make a 8-9:00 showing Relin and Jammies?
    An earlier movie time would also leave us some more time for hanging out after though. I doubt I'll get there as early as 4 or 5:00. Too early for me. By the time you see the movie and hang out after you're looking at 6-8 hours.
  10. Relin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I should be able to make it.
  11. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Yea... I know ... long hours. I guess some of us are treating it kinda like a convention scenario. It'll be a full night alright. [face_hypnotized]
  12. Cungr_Vanck Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cognus and I will try to make the show on Feb 10th. We might be in the house permanently by then too :)
  13. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2

That sounds wonderful Cungr! I know you all are really pumped about that. I remember how excited I was when we bought our first house up here on the Hill. Wow... the memories!

I know everyone won't be able to go to a showing which starts around 8:00pm or a little later. But most of us should be there in costume anyway, so we'll get to see everyone. I'm very excited about all of this! [face_dancing]
  14. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    O.K. Gang!! Here it is;;; Tickets are now on sale!! [face_dancing]

Appo and I are going to purchase ours tomorrow. The "Dark Empire" is scheduling to see the showing at 7:45pm. At the Rave theater at Stonybrook. =D=
  15. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Whoa, I didn't expect tickets on sale that soon. Is there a show that's a tad later? We'll almost have to start getting seated at 7PM to get good seats unless it's reserved seating?
  16. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Good thought Mika, I spoke with Estreya, (she's in charge of coordinating the event) and she says the next showing isn't until 10:00pm.... and there are "no" IMAX showings. She said there aren't many run times scheduled for opening Friday.... which could make this a very crowded condition indeed.

I'm scratching my head on this one... seems Lucas might be fretting a flop on this one. Poor Uncle George, whenever will he learn? [:D]

By the way, Appo and I are going to see "Red Tails" tonight. I've heard real good things about it from folks who have seen it already. [face_dancing]
  17. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ah well, we'll just try and make the best of it. I'll plan on being there a little earlier. I'll get my tickets this weekend.

Probably more to do with the theaters. They probably don't know what to expect. It's not a new release and it's probably only going to go a few weeks like the re-releases of Lion King and Beauty and the Beast so they're not going to invest a lot into it...their loss. Hopefully when they see the fans it will bring in future SW re-releases will go better.
  18. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Went and picked up my tickets after work tonight. Looks like it's actually an 8PM show (that's what shows on movietickets.com as well) and the cost is $12.50
  19. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Absolutely correct Mika, it "is" the 8:00pm showing. I went in asking for the 7:45 showing myself, and they told me the only one they had close to that was 8:00pm. I"ve updated the Empires TPM 3-D thread with the correct time and all.

Hey Everyone, Here are the plans:
    1) Opening Night is February 10th.
    2) The theater is the Stonybrook Theater on Hurstbourne Prkwy. and Stonybrook Road. in Louisville.

Theater Address:
    2745 South Hurstbourne Parkway
    Louisville, KY 40220
    (502) 499-6658

3) The showing everyone is purchasing tickets for is at 8:00pm. Appo and I will be at the theater around 5:00pm. Some of us plan on working the crowds a little. Tee-Hee!! How much fun is this stuff anyway!
    4) People can show up any time before the movie.
    5) People can eat any time they want to. A group dinner has not been planned.. but ya never know what will happen once we're there.

Here's a link to the actual theater showings. There is also more info on this page for finding out about ticket purchases and other things.
    http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=112428

Here is a link for a map on how to get there. You can also find this map on the link above, there is a little box that says "map" in red. If you squint you might be able to see it. ... Man! I don't know know how they expect people to find anything with such small print. I'm getting too old for this! LOL!
    http://www.movietickets.com/house_map.asp?house_id=23939

I'm going back over there tomorrow early afternoon, and ask management if we can rope a section of seats off for our crew. We want to sit together in this one. Captain Midnight called me a little bit ago, suggesting it, and its a wonderful idea. I've been trying to get a hold of management for a week now on another topic, but they aren't returning my calls. Sooooo, I'm going over there and see about that, and now the seating.

I also just came from the M.S.Garrisons boards and .... WOW!! Was I ever surprised! A thread has been started with all of the information, I couldn't have been happier and simply "touched" to the core. This is looking like an incredible turn out of SW costumers. At last count, we are now up to around 25, with 22 being in costume, those ranging from Rebels to Sith to Troopers to Mandalorians!!

Along with everyone representing all of the groups, we're going to have a Vader plus a Maul! I don't know which costume you plan on donning, but if we had the other apprentice of Sidious, our training would then be "complete". LOL!! I'm kidding bro, I dont care if your there in your SW undies, it'll simply be good to see you.

Hey!! Is anyone else coming out with us to play? We have 25 SW costumers committed, and I plan on asking for 35 seats to be reserved in the back of the theater, along the wall and down. If we don't need that many at showtime, we can always let them go. But we'll at least have enough reserved for anyone eles who purchases tickets.

They aren't seated, so this is the only way that we can all be together. I'll do what I can.

This is getting so very exciting, and the faces aren't showing up on our boards tonight for some reason. Stang!! LOL!!

20. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks for your work. A roped off section would be ideal. Everyone feel free to come, costume or no costume. I may not even be in costume. we're having a major main bathroom renovation done starting Thursday so who knows what chaos may ensue.

21. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh my pleasure Mika, and like I said, no worries about a costume. It's aaaaalllll goooood! ;) Yay! The faces are working now! [face_dancing]
  22. 11-11 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Zannah, once again I am blown away by all the work you do for all of us. It is appreciated more than you know![:D]

See everyone next Friday at 8!!
  23. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks Eleven! It's my pleasure! I think I was born for this stuff... adrenalin rushes and all. [face_dancing];)

And I have some more "excellent" news! It's a little bit of a story that you might find amusing, so I'm going to relay it. It starts out with a bit of a situation, but ends up gloriously... so here goes:

It starts off with a bit of communications troubles between all of the management at the theater... as it turned out, the left had no idea what the right was doing.[face_beatup]

Our Estreya had point on this one, and had gone and spoke to one of the assistant managers at the Stonybrook Rave. The assistant manager she spoke to, cleared the SW groups for being there and hanging out in the lobby for a couple of hours before the show. Estreya was also told there was a 7:45pm showing scheduled, so that was the initial info relayed to the groups.

After speaking with Captain Midnight of the 501st, there were some other things which I decided to address theater management about. After getting the phone number from Estreya, I began calling the theater, having them leave messages with the assistant which Estreya spoke to, but my calls were "not" being returned. Estreya was also trying to contact this person, and having the same bad luck.

What clued me in that there were some horrid communications issues at the theater, was when Appo and I went to the theater to watch a movie.

While we were purchasing our ticket for the show we went to watch, I asked about the tickets for PM-3D. I was told they weren't on sale yet. Now I was doing the Obi-Wan thing..... [face_thinking] because I had been told the opposite from the Rave theater off of Preston. At that point, I asked to speak to a manager about it.

The manager shows up, looks in the computer, and told me that they were indeed on sale. Hmmmmmm.... here's me doing the Obi-wan thing again... [face_thinking] "I said,"I have a baaaad feeling about this". [face_whistling]

I asked him if he was aware of the SW groups coming for color splashing in the lobby, and he told me, "No", but he loved the idea. I said,"You dont know about us coming and your the manager"? He looks puzzled and said,"No, but I'm sure you guys being here wouldn't be a problem, I personally love the idea". I said,"Well, one of our people spoke with someone, I believe a female who's name escapes me, but we were given the go ahead. I also need to speak with someone about a couple of things we'd like to request for the group".

He told me call back and speak with the District manager, and he gave me his name. .... Well......... Ugh. 8-} It turns out, that trying to get a anyone to return a call over there continued to be interesting.

When I called, I "was" successful in contacting yet "another and completely different assistant manager".. (who also did "not" know we were supposed to be there)!!

I included him in this mix, and also told him about us. "Eeee-gads"!! :eek: I am having anxiety now!!

I said that I was getting fretful about all of it, this due to the fact of what we had initially been told, our people were already purchasing tickets, booking hotel rooms, and were committed to being there. I told him that if this falls threw, it would be "my" shebs, and but good. I also told him of the things I'd like to request for our group. Like the other people we has spoken to, "He" was also all about it, but told me that we ultimately needed to speak with the District manager. So he gave me a name to contact, and "assured" me that he would relay all of my info and requests, and have the "District Manager" call me back. I'm wondering at this point, just how many managers this place has??? :rolleyes:

I hope you all are following me... =P~

So, that night goes by and no one calls. Now this is day before yesterday folks, and the movie opening is this coming Friday!!

I call the theater back, speak to the same manager I spoke to about the district manager, and once again he tells me he was sorry. The District guy did not come to work the nig
  24. Relin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    This is going to be awesome. Since I do not have a ready costume (yet), I am willing to help out where needed.
  25. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks Relin! Why don't you wear your Jedi, I think it would look awesome for this. [face_batting]