main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Phantom Menace Improv

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey, just to let everyone know, on Thursday, January 27th Jason Chin, the very funny and nice gentleman who created "The Fandom Menace" shows (1999 & 2002) that parody the Original Trilogy will be doing a show at the Improv Kitchen.

At the show, you'll be watching Star Wars: Episode One - The Phantom Menace, while Jason and a cast of actors perform a re-written dialogue of the movie. With Jason's sense of humor, along with his knowledge and appreciation of the Star Wars universe, it should be an awesome show.

I plan on going, so if anyone else wants to join me let me know and we'll reserve a table.

The Phantom Menace (overdub)
    Thursday January 27th
    7pm
    Improv Kitchen
    3419 N Clark St
    773-868-6423

Bosh

2. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Any cover charge???

3. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    So, is anyone going to this show? [face_thinking]

4. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    It'll probably be their standard 10.00 charge. Though if you had have shown up to the last one, you'd have gotten free passes, since we DOMINATED the trivia contest. BOOYAH!

Come to think of it, these passes are good for 2 people. I need a date. Rex, do you still have that pretty red dress you look so cute in?

Bosh
    "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?"

5. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Why does Rex have to put the dress?

We have all seen your legs....
    get a shave on those legs and put the red dress on yourself

:p

6. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    Nope, I don't have that Red Dress, actually Dartha kept it so he can wear it for the Oscars.

I'll see anyone that is going tonight. Should be there around 6:45pm and can only stay for a bit. Gotta work tonight.

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    It turns out it was A New Hope that was dubbed, not The Phantom Menace. It was decent. It took a while to really get funny. The parts that weren't were really dead, but they did get in a groove eventually. The parts that were funny had us laughing out loud. Overall, I'd give it a 7 on a 10 point scale.

They're doing different movies every Thursday. Next week will be Batman. I may go back for that. After that will be When Harry Met Sally. They'll be deciding on future films based on audience suggestions.

Phil

8. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Overall, I think there were probably 5-6 jokes that were really funny, a couple running jokes that stayed funny. The Luke-Ben improv and the Luke-Han improv was the best of the lot. Kinda painful in the dead zones, most of which, like Phil said was in the first half of the movie (the improv, not the movie of course). Overall, I think Improv usually sucks, so I think this troup was hitting a higher average than most Improv shows.

Bosh

"Here I found your poncho."

9. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    Hey guys that Rocks.

Like Phil said, It was a slow start but it got better. A couple of great jokes, some good ones and some that...well what can you say. I give 'em a 6 out of 10.

10. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i wish i coulda seen the TPM one...jason chin is a genius.

i'll never forget seeing his second trilogy musical and the night obi-wan was played by a different actor than usual...the dude comes out one scene with a golf club over one sholder and a glass of Guinness...i swear, ten minutes straight of laughter. even the cast cracked up bigtime.

funny funny stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.