New Hamp The Phantom Menace movie night

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok everyone, who is interested in celebrating the 10th Anniversary of The Phantom Mencace with a movie night? TK has already offered to host, so what day/time works best for everyone? Please post your interest, what time/day, and what you can bring for goodies. I'm figuring some snacks and drinks should be enough, so we don't need to go all out for food.

Let's get nostalgic!
  2. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm thinking a Saturday night may be best. That way if it goes to a late night we'll be set for most people are off on Sunday's. I'd say movie time should be around 7ish ?

As for the Saturday nite? Why not maybe the night of the 27th. ? Maybe we could use that as the meeting date as well. Seeing as it looks like most of you out there are not planning on be at the meeting date on the 28th. Just an idea.

I do however believe our movie nights and meeting should not be the consider the samething. I feel movie night should be just for hanging out and having fun. Not that we do not do that at the meeting but, you know what I mean. lol

SeeYa,
    TK
  3. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    My not have movie night be the meeting? With not alot going in over the summer for events to plan, we can wrap up a few things - tshirt, FCBD money, and he website in a half hour....

Honestly, even with advance meeting dates, Sunday afternoons are just tough with family commitments. Saturday nights are much easier to plan for.
  4. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    27th sounds good for me as well, and 7pm should be good. Hopefully by then the shed will be done. Does everyone know what they want to bring for snacks?

And I have to agree, movie night *should* be separate from meetings, but that's only my opinion. Perhaps we can make an exception in this case if enough people show up.

5. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm in for the 27th. I don't see why the meeting has to be separate from movie night. With time commitments and the distance that many of us have to drive, why not combine our business with pleasure. We could even plan it that way so that kids could come and then more people might show up for the meetings.

I'll make some Gungan bean dip.
  6. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll bring something munchie. As for the meetings being separate, if we are trying to make meetings more fun and more abotu hanging out, why not combine them with something planned to be fun, like watching a movie, while we are hanging out? It think planning a fun meeting activity will entice people to the meetings....
  7. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok ...

So we are set for Saturday night the 27th. at 7pm for the PHANTOM MENCE! I'lll have everything on my end all set to go. See everyone then.

TK
  8. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll grab some chips for that Gungan dip, and maybe some soda.
  9. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You will find most of this post under "June Meeting" I have just copy and posted it over here. 8-}

Meeting Start time....

5pm/6pm. !! We will start the movie around 7pm ish. and go from there. I will be off this Saturday and home in the afternoon. I'll be working in the shop most of the day. I have 2 orders I'm working on filling. So if anyone wish to come by sooner you are more than welcome. Just give me a call first just to see here I am.

Now for food.... Don't eat before you come!! With all the stuff I have read about so far we should have planity of food. I will be making up a few things here as well. Just a heads up... there will be drinks (adult) at this getting together. I know for sure I will be getting my Sam Summer on BABY!! Everyone is welcome to crash and make it an all nighter if need beWe should have a good time. Thats what this get together is for right? RIGHT!!

My place will be empty for the weekend by the way.

Now a list of who is coming?
    ME
    Steve
    James
    John
    Just hear from Brandon today ...he is a go!

Still have not hear from Andy so I'm not sure?

Plus we have a new comer as well.... Z ! LoL

As for Pete. He has desided to take a break from the group for a while and will not be joining us. We may have a couple guys from the shop. I did ask anyone who wish to check out the movie with us to stop on by. Most likely they will not ... but... It is nice to ask. If anyone needs anything please let me know. Make a post or send over that lovely PM.

Z... If you need any help getting here let me know. It is right down the street from you. You should be all set. John did say he sent you all my info (Thanks John) But if you need anything else...

OK, Guy's I'm sure I'll talk to a couple of you before this weekend. Everyone have a great week.

Later,
    TK
  10. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    My jids have a piano recital at 4 on Saturday, so I'll head down as soon as i can after it's over. I should be there by 6:30 or so....Try to save any group money talk till I get there, ya know, since I am the treasurer....
  11. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no! TK's disease is spreading!! Now Steve has it!! :eek:
  12. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm glad I've been vaccinated!
  13. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    THANKS TO TK FOR HOSTING AND BARON FOR ORGANIZING MOVIE/MEETING NIGHT. IT WAS A BLAST WATCHING TPM TOGETHER. I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I WATCHED A STAR WARS MOVIE WITH A BUNCH OF FELLOW FANS. THANKS!
  14. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to know why the hell Brandon is posting from Steve's computer... :mad:
  15. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE MOVIE NIGHT, TK. IT WAS FUN TO GET TOGHETHER WITH EVERYONE AND EVEN MEET A NEW FACE.
    Z, THANKS FOR BEING BRAVE AND JOINING US ON SATURDAY. HOPE TO SEE YOU AT FUTURE MEETINGS AND EVENTS.
  16. Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Knight

star 2
    what a good time it was like mst2000 but with star wars thanks t k for having us and it was very nice to meet you z hope to see you at the next one
  17. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a great time too. Giving TPM the MST3K treatment was fun, and it was great to meet you Z! Hopefully our geekiness hasn't scared you off! lol Can't wait for the next meet!
  18. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks guys, that was so much fun Saturday night! We should all definitely get together again soon. I checked out Jetpack comics yesterday, and it was huge!
  19. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad you had fun! Our next scheduled meet is on July 19th I believe, on a Sunday and we usually get together around noon til about 5-ish.

Jetpack is a great place. They just recently moved into that store too, and Ralph is a great guy!
  20. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey TK, do you have the picture of me in the Mando costume from that night? My brother wants to see it :p
  21. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Z,

I sure do! lol I'll put it on my pc tomorrow and email it to you. Heck maybe i'll just post it up here on the broads so EVERYONE can see it ! lol

Oh by the way .... I have a GREAT set of Female Mando Armor ALL set for you if you would like to check it out. Just give me a call. It is all set to go. Well that is as far as being painted and stuff. It would be up to you if you like the colors? If not we can all ways paint it over.

Any how.... a friend of mines wife is not using it any longer and is looking to sale it. I can get you the HOLE set for only $75 that's both top and bottoms. It's a really good deal if you like to check it out. If not, it not a big deal. I think for the price, I may have to just pick it up for myself. lol

Maybe I'll make Sam a set for her. But let me know.

Seeya,
    TK
  22. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I think Tuesday might need it if it's not spoken for yet....does it include the helmet??
  23. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Are you guys still getting together this coming Thursday? I can make it so we can discuss this stuff then.
  24. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    As far as I know Thursday is still a go. We'll probably be working on the project for Jetpack so bring some work clothes as we'll probably get messy!
  25. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thursday is still on as every Thurday.

The Mando set for sale does not have a Helmet. I all so have not yet deside what I like to do with it. So I'll let everyone know.

We will be doing so Female Armor set soon. So if this set is gone I will have more to follow. I was not told anything about Tuesday wishing for a set. We have a new form we are working on for Female armor. And again will have piece worked out soon.

Later,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.