main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Phantom Menace rewatch - review and analysis.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by smoothkaz, Dec 9, 2015.

1. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    i'm a fan of tpm designs and a lot of it, but ultimately was disapointed, and after watching a good edit of it am convinced and want to proclaim it loud that all it needed was a bit of editing and some more sinister neimoidian language and cutting out some of the silliness of jar jar (no not all of it and no not all of the kiddie stuff) and some redundant stuff. it really comes down to a good edit and that movie could have killed.

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I'd also switch Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Naboo (at least until he finds Anakin) and more universal humor but otherwise, yes, with better editing it would have been received a lot better. I think it still would have been considered a disappointment but without the easy targets to attack.

3. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I'm resurrecting this old thread. I feel it is worthy to be noticed yet again..

Arise ye, thread. Become one with life yet again!

Good post OP. I'm glad someone tool the time out to do an analysis of this.

MarcJordan likes this.
  4. Purple Ren

Purple Ren Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    If I'm being honest with myself, this is my favorite film of the Saga, because it's the only one with Qui-Gon. I believe him to be the wisest of the Jedi and the most interesting character in the Saga.

Oddly enough, TPM was the first Star Wars movie I saw in its entirety. I didn't grow up a Star Wars fan, so while I knew about the movies, I hadn't seen the OT in their entirety.

MarcJordan likes this.