main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The Phantom Menace without Jar Jar ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by UmmYep, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
  2. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Have not seen it, but know a bit about it not sure if any copies are in Australia.

3. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I recieved an email about it before... I didnt know what it was at the time, but I can try and see if I can get a hold of it again... :)

4. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    That'd be good, i have to admit i am curious.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I've heard all about this since I read all the latest news at www.theforce.net

I think that TPM will not be good with Jar Jar Binks. I certainly won't be buying a copie of the Edited version.

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    What I meant to say above was that TPM would not be the same WITHOUT Jar Jar Binks. I know that alot of people don't like him but you just can't cut out main characters because you don't like them.

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Runours of that Jarjar free edit have been floating around almost since the movie first came out. It's just that it's actually beginning to circulate now.
    I've never understood this Jarjar hatred that some fans have. Sure I think his character was perhaps a little overdone but some people are absolutely passionate about their hatred for this harmless CGI character. As Daniel said, I think TPM without Jarjar would be kinda boring. In fact, I think it would suck.
    What really confuses me, is that a lot of people who hate Jarjar love the special editions of the original trilogy with all it's changes to movies that were already classics. They don't bat an eyelid over the ridiculous, cartoonish musical number in Jabba's palace for example, yet they get all stressed over things like a character stepping in poodoo. :confused:

8. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well when the trilogy cam e out originally, people critisized them. In A New Hope or back then 'Star Wars', it was R2-D2 and C-3PO who were critisized and then it was Yoda in the Empire Strikes Back and then in Return of the Jedi it was the cute and harmless ewoks. Why can't people just except the movies the way they are? I certainly do and thats why they are such classics.

9. mutley

Nov 13, 1998
    In the scale of things I'd rather BBQ an Ewok than shoot Jar Jar on sight. Still even the annoying Ewoks did not stop me from watching ROTJ.
    There is Good and Bad in everything, besides most kids thought Jar Jar was very funny and that is what he was there for. :)

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Call a big kid. I thought he was funny too. :)
    I can understand why some people wouldn't though. He was a little over the top, but I never minded that personally.

11. mutley

Nov 13, 1998
    The nine year old in me--thought he was funny, especially the way he talked..

12. barbarjinks

barbarjinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Meesa liken Jarjar. Heesa my bombad hero!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.