main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Phantom Menaces never contradicted the Sith War. The con fixes were not fixes. Info inside!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew Trias, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    "eanwhile,in the greater galaxy,generations passed and the memory of the great sith war passed fromn public knowledge. Ashamed by the conflict caused by one of their own, the Jedi themselves did nothing to keep the memory alive."

One wonders if they taught their Padawans about what Exar Kun did 4,000 years before ANH. Maybe by the time of Bane,the galaxy had completely forgotten about Kun and his ilk. Perhaps most of the Jedi as well. Only a few Jedi historians remembered him.

More on the Sith after Kun:

"Of the great brotherhood of the Sith,only a very few survived to pass on their dark knowledge down to small bands of deciples. In the time between the fall of Kun and the Rise of the Empire the Dark Lords of the Sith were SECRETIVE and ELUSIVE. Only with the Rise of the Empire would the Sith name again gain the power to strike terror in the hearts of millions "

Jedi Academy Sourcebook. Published four years before the release of TPM.

So...as you can see, it matches up pretty well with TPM. Terry Brooks just added uneeded history. Al TPM really added was the Rule of 2 This is interesting. Very much so.

2. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    2,000 years. 4,000 . It wouldn't have made a differance. The story would still be the same. The Sith went into hiding. A rule of two was created.

3. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    What's wrong with you people?!

4. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Shhhhhhhhh!! We're sleeping.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Then how are you posting?!

6. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    It's always nice when things work out by happy coincidence.

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Sleep-typing silly! (akin to sleepwalking) 8-}

Don't think I don't realize this as a vain attempt to keep your thread from dieing. [face_laugh]

"See through you, we can!" ;)

8. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    It won't die. All the people who might find it interesting are asleep :)

I'kk just up it tommorrow.

9. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Look, see! Your even so tired that your hitting the "k" button instead of the "l" button! [face_laugh] Go to bed you insomniac!!

10. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum... It seems you forgot Ruusan & co in all this...

11. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Look, see! Your even so tired that your hitting the "k" button instead of the "l" button! Go to bed you insomniac!!

I think that's just Matt.

12. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
  13. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Sorry, Matt... that's almost as shameless as another "UP"! 8-}

14. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ahem, matt's thread is intrigueing. Be nice to him, and he's long time oldbie on these boards due more respect than most on these boards.

15. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Pish-tosh, Val! I'm only stating what everyone else is afraid to! ;)

Must be because I'm still young enough that I haven't yet learned to merely nod in submission of my elders. 8-} Although, Matt's the same age as me so that pretty much blows my excuse away.

No, but seriously, I actually did find his info intriguing and filed it away in my mental memory for use in a later debate... As I did with your info on the third Death Star and it's mention in Bantha Tracks I was merely to tired too comment on it last night. Nice catch, Matt! ~Kudos to you both!

16. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Okey-day. Here's somthing I've pondered since I read The Sith War. (After I saw Episode I.) How did the sith get going again after Kun's "death".

My idea was that Kun trained a force-sesitive visitor to Yavin IV. Because the sith were extinct after Kun's "death"

17. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Not a bad idea...

18. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Uhm..I believe the JAT sb amswers youyr question:

"Of the great brotherhood of the Sith,only a very few survived to pass on their dark knowledge down to small bands of deciples. In the time between the fall of Kun and the Rise of the Empire the Dark Lords of the Sith were SECRETIVE and ELUSIVE. Only with the Rise of the Empire would the Sith name again gain the power to strike terror in the hearts of millions "

Of course,the dark side sourcebook says that the rogue Jedi in TPM novel left the Jedi temple with a Sith holocron. That's where got his knowledge.

19. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I think that 80% of the best EU threads have been a result of sleep-posting.

As to the Sith thing, way cool Trias. Here's to the fans that aren't afraid to go through pages of Bantam/RPG material to find one important quote.

20. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    yes, interesting. I suspect that somehow the kun era sith disapeared completly or merged back into the jedi ways. Would be nice if we got the story of the rogue jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.