main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Phoenix Saga-Part one (OC, Empire, etc) UPDATED 3/2/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Livi-Wan, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Oookay, this is my first foray into the realms of the novel-length fic. I've been writing this for a while, so I won't abandon it. So, here goes nothing:

Phoenix
    -Part one-

Ashes

What a galaxy. Torn apart by suffering, by war, and still it can bounce back. It seems that civilisation can rebuild itself from nothing more than ashes and rubble. That?s what?s left of my life now. Ashes, rubble, and so much confusion. Everything I had believed for so long was a lie, and now I?m a criminal where I once was a hero. I never meant to do any harm. If only one day in my life had not happened, my story may have been different. I guess it just remains to me to tell my story.

The whole thing began on my fourth birthday. I can just about remember it. I?d been dropped off from playgroup later than usual because, it being my birthday, we?d had a party, and cake. The carer left me at the bottom of the stairs to the small flat in which we lived, as she had work to do. Hey, you tell me fifteen toddlers aren?t a handful. It was then I realised that something was wrong. Two stormtroopers were standing outside the door, and as I approached them, they turned to face me. The blank black eyes seemed to stare into my soul. One of them spoke to me.

?Are you the child of Sera and Fillak Antilles??

I nodded, tears filling my eyes as I got a, well, you could call it a premonition, of what was to follow.

?You have to come with us.?

A third trooper joined us from inside the flat, and through the door I saw that the place had been turned upside down. Chairs were tipped over, holos torn from the walls, and several strange black and brown lines on the floors and walls, like it had been burnt. That was the last time I saw my home. Too shocked to speak, the stormtroopers frogmarched me into their speeder, and took me to a large, white, square building. Inside, I was told to sit down and wait. The chair was very uncomfortable, I remember. I sat there for what seemed like an age, as people came and went around me.

Finally a lady wearing an Imperial uniform came, and took me to her office. She explained that my parents were not going to be around for me any more, and that I was now something called a ward of the Empire. She asked me lots of questions, like my age, and my name, and where I?d lived. I asked only one question.

?Why don?t my parents love me any more??

Her face went very white and pinched and she couldn?t look me in the eye.

?Marcus, wherever your parents are, they love you very much and they always will. They just? can?t care for you any more, that?s all. We?re looking after you now. Don?t worry,? she assured me, as my eyes filled up with unbidden tears, ?You?ll be safe. You just have to take a few tests tomorrow and then you?ll be taken to a new home. You can spend the night here.?

She took me to a small bright room and called someone to take a tray of food to me, and sat next to me on the bed while it came. After I had eaten, she asked me if I knew how to wash myself.

?I am four, you know.?

I replied with as much scorn as I could muster. The lady flushed and nodded.

?O-of course. I?m sorry. Someone will bring you breakfast tomorrow morning, Marcus. Is that okay??

I nodded and she left me alone. The room suddenly seemed big and empty, and I wished my mum was here to kiss me goodnight. I missed her so much, I missed both my parents so much, that I sat down and cried until I could cry no more. Eventually I got ready for bed and lay down, huddled under the blanket, clutching the pillow close and wishing with all my heart that I?d never left my home. For hours I lay awake, listening to every sound and movement in this strange new place, tensing with every alien noise that came to my ears, until finally exhaustion claimed me and I fell into a deep, troubled sleep.

Expect part 2 soonly! Like tomorrow!

2. Wedgeatbarkura

Wedgeatbarkura Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Hey great work keep it up. I'll wait for an update tommorrow.

Awesome, "Why don?t my parents love me any more??

MORE!!!! UP!!!!!!!

3. -Z-

-Z- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 2003
    I'm liking it so far! Will be looking for the second part. Establishing the character's moral conflict was well-done.

4. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thank you! I said I would have part 2 up today, and here it is! Hope you like it:

Imperial facility, Krat.
    Twelve years later.

The morning sun lanced down in bright shafts from the skylight above my bed, pooling my head in light. I moaned gently in my sleep and turned over, out of the yellow glare. Everything was perfect, silent, unbroken stillness. Just to prove that the galaxy abhors long lie-ins, there was a sharp tapping on my door, jolting me awake with the thought that maybe a herd of myna beetles had nested in the walls. Myna beetles with?.loud, bossy voices?

?Marcus? Marcus Antilles, get up now. Your master wishes to speak with you.?

?Uhnnnnn???

I glared blearily at the chrono. Ten o?clock? What kind of sithing freak was awake at ten o?clock??? I closed my eyes and rolled over into the duvet?s inviting warmth.

?I?m warning you, Antilles, if you?re not ready in half an hour I?m sending in a squad of stormtroopers to get you up.?

This remark did it.

?Okay. I?ll be down in a sec.?

I sat up and ran my fingers through my spiky black hair and groaned through a mouth that tasted as if it had been filled with cheese. Sighing, I fell out of bed and stumbled into the fresher. Cleaning my teeth, I squinted at the mirror. Marcus Antilles. Nothing special to look at, really. I have black hair that almost permanently gives the impression of mad scientists or live wires, dark brown eyes, and the only way you?d notice anything strange about me is if you stared for a long time at my eyes. I don?t blink much, you see. That particular talent can still win me a couple of credits if I grab hold of a cadet gullible enough. Staggering back into the bedroom, I grabbed my clothes off a chair and put them on right the second time round. Black features largely in my wardrobe, as does dark grey. Hey, being a Sith doesn?t do much for your fashion sense. Making sure I?d wiped the last vestiges of toothpaste from my face, I put on my best, winning smile and opened the door. It withered quickly under the stare from the woman standing outside, an Imperial named Director Kinisa. I never found out if she had a last name. Popular rumour is that she doesn?t.

?You?re late. Follow me.?

Gee, well, good morning would be nice. I though as I followed her round the rat-run of gleaming corridors to the communications room. She nodded to me and I went inside.
    And there he was, my Master. The guy we were all working for. That?s right, I was trained by Palpatine. The Emperor, as most people knew him. I?d been serving him since I was four, and never felt entirely comfortable in his presence, even though I?d only met him once. I shifted uncomfortably.

?Master.?

?Kneel.?

The image spat, as vicious as any kohoun or venomous insect you care to name. I felt my knees bending involuntarily, and let myself sink to the floor.

?I apologise, Master. I meant no disrespect.?

?You would do well to remember who your guardian is, Antilles. Who took you in when your parents were murdered by the Rebellion.?

I felt my fists clench as he brought up my parents. They were martyrs, killed for a data disc, nothing more. I had few memories of them, my dad?s laugh as he told a joke, my mum?s stories that she used to make up for me at night-time. Things that were, despite my best efforts, fast disappearing.

?I live every day to avenge them, Master.? I replied.

?Good.? Oily satisfaction crept into his voice. ?Now, my apprentice, though you may not be at the forefront of my affairs, I wish you to travel to Coruscant to meet with me, and I will give you your first mission.?

Mission?! I nearly yelped in horror. Leave? The threat of actually doing Darkside activities loomed before me, as large and wet-yourself scary as the grainy blue picture of Palpatine hovering above the floor. I tried to ignore the fear and adrenaline rushing into my veins and bowed my head, retreating into the time-honoured response of all put-upon apprentices.

?Yes Master.?

The Emperor smiled slowly at my submission. Every nerve in my

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    heh, pretty awesome. Nice job again.

Forcebewitya!

6. Wedgeatbarkura

Aug 22, 2003
    YES!!!! THe plot thickens... du du du dummmmmm..... Antilles... a SITH!!!! wait a minute...... Antilles a Jedi..... NO!!!!! Antilles an imperial...... NOOOOOO!!!!!! (Screaming in pain) Not antilles..... JK.... Continue the good work.

7. Wedgeatbarkura

Aug 22, 2003
    Come on, MORE UP!!!!~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.