main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The Pictionary honeymoon has a winner!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Congratulations! =D=

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats!!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Congrats, C_O! Well deserved! =D=

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you! :) [face_blush]

It has been a lot of fun playing with everyone, I am surprised how fast is has been. Hopefully we'll get to play again some time soon :)

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    grats outrider. enjoy those colors.

6. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    When is the next round starting?

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    My apologies good friends. I've had a crazy week; this is the final week of my current project. I am happily wanting to start another round of Pictionary as soon as we're able -- next week sometime? -- however before that I did want to ask everybody for some specific feedback. Even from those who watched the game, but particularly from our players ...

General feedback?

Were the choices too easy?

Would you prefer no choice and just be given something?

Would you prefer more specific choices?

Or would you not change anything with choices?

Do you want colours besides your pencil when sketching?

Should guessing occur via PM?

Were bonus Rounds ridiculous?

Did you want a chance to draw multiple things?

Did you feel that the "categories" were necessary? Or should that remain unknown?

General feedback?

I've just rattled those off the top of my head. Sorry it's not as organised as I was planning. Feel free to post anything in this thread or to PM me with any game ideas or better ways to host it. :D

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Choices: I think they're good as they are.

Colors: I'm fine with adding them, though I'm not much of an artist, so I'll pro

Guessing: Maybe. I will admit that sometimes other peoples' guesses helped me.

Bonus: I think one was really easy and one was really hard.

Multiple Drawings: I'm good with the current number.

Categories: I didn't mind them.

General: I think the game should probably go a bit faster, if possible.

9. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007

Were the choices too easy? They're fine.

Would you prefer no choice and just be given something? Don't Know

Would you prefer more specific choices? It's fine.

Do you want colours besides your pencil when sketching? What?

Should guessing occur via PM? Nah

Were bonus Rounds ridiculous? No

Did you want a chance to draw multiple things? Would be cool..maybe 3 out of the 5?

Did you feel that the "categories" were necessary? Or should that remain unknown? Unknown is fine with me, but it may help others.

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004

Were the choices too easy? Seemed fine.

Would you prefer no choice and just be given something? The choice is helpful, what with drawing abilities varying.

Would you prefer more specific choices? They were fine.

Or would you not change anything with choices? Nope.

Do you want colours besides your pencil when sketching? It doesn't matter.

Should guessing occur via PM? Sometimes seeing the other player's guesses helped out, but I can see why PM guessing could possibly create answer variety.

Were bonus Rounds ridiculous? No.

Did you want a chance to draw multiple things? It doesn't matter either way.

Did you feel that the "categories" were necessary? Or should that remain unknown? Found them helpful.

General feedback? Shorten up the rounds. Maybe to 48 hours each.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

I wouldn't say so. It all boils down to each individual artist and their interpretation anyway. I think we had enough diversity this time around to make things interesting. There were definitely times in this game where guessing wasn't easy at all. The drawings made you think and that's a good thing for a game like this.

Definitely keep the choices. Sometimes the creative juices aren't flowing how you want them and it helps to not be forced to draw something you don't like or to be faced with the dilemma of not knowing how to interpret something or how to begin.

I think the forced worked out fine the way they were this time around.

Keep it pencil, definitely. Adding color and other bells and whistles will detract from the main focus and it will make guessing even harder. I can see adding it for a bonus round or something, but not for the main game.

This is something I'm torn about. On one hand, it's unfair to let other guesses influence your own and then be the last one to guess every single round. But on the other hand, it's a rather good strategy. I guess it all depends on how you want to run the game and what you want to get out of it.

Not at all. They helped out where needed.

I never had an urge to do so this game, but I can understand if others wanted to. If multiple things are allowed in the future, I have nothing against it.

Did you feel that the "categories" were necessary? Or should that remain unknown?

They helped out where needed and gave us a general direction to go in. Again, it all depends on how you want to run the game and which direction you want to take it.

General feedback?

I'm going to echo what others have already said about shorter rounds. It was easy to forget about the game with the time in-between drawing rounds. The PM updates definitely helped with keeping things on track.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
      The choices were good. It is all up for interpretation and how the drawings are executed.

I prefer having a choice, those options are good to have.

What do you have in mind regarding specific? I enjoyed what we did so far.

I prefer graphite as it get to the form easily. It is personal preferences as for these... I feel colours might be unnecessary and distract from the core.

I am leaning towards no. With what we did felt more like a community and I enjoyed that. If it was PM only, then it might feel a bit mechanical. I can understand if someone wants to PM.

Not at all, they were fun. I think it is great that the Host got a chance to participate too.

If it was a bonus round... maybe but standalone, the singles were good.

Categories helped at times, though some listed made me wonder how it appear in that certain category rather than another.

General feedback?
      Others have mentioned time as a factor. A number of occasions I had found myself swamped with DRL and been unable to post sooner than hoped. I understand the need to make it go faster, however I am grateful for that time we were given. I also think it was great having the PM updates too. Overall, I had fun.

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    The feedback and talk is all golden! Thank you so much :D

I had a random thought:

What if we did all 6 Artist Rounds in one go? As in, I send out everybody's Pictionary cards at the same time and then everybody sends me their drawings. After that, all 6 drawings are posted and people guess on five of them at a time (obviously not on their own drawing). Rounds could go much quicker and each person could draw many more times (rather than just the two times in this past game).

Does that make sense? What are your thoughts?

(Another option would be to do this but then go through everybody's drawings one-by-one ... )

:D

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow... that would definitely make things go faster. If it be the six drawings posted at once, it would be six times per round? Would still remain two rounds?

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Forgive me if I don't understand your question exactly, but no, we could easily go for more than two "rounds" (by "rounds" I mean ... in this past game we had two: 1.1 to 1.6 was one round and then 2.1 etc).

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Aye, that's what I had meant. I'll rephrase the first part: Will each round be one complete round in a post or be in six parts like before?

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    It is either or. That is what I put up as a side note for discussion. In my earlier post above, the last line in parenthesis was mentioning this other option.

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005

NEW PICTIONARY

Please refer to the first post of this thread for the entire rules.

New Things:
    MAIN DIFFERENCE:

Once the game begins, everybody will receive their "Artist PM" with five choices. All players then have a maximum of 72 hours to sketch out one thing from their categories. All of these images will be PMed back to the host. EVERY person must draw or sketch something to be involved in the guessing rounds -- if you do not submit a drawing, you will unfortunately have to sit out of the guessing for that Round.

Following this, in turn order, each Artist will post their image to the Pictionary thread. All players have 48 hours to guess on this image. IMMEDIATELY following this the next Artist will post their image and a new 48 hours of guessing begins for their drawing. (So there's no confusion, if you're the next Artist, wait for the host's permission to post your image.)

In summary, this means that all sketching occurs at the same time for all involved. We will then have six 48-hour periods in which all of the guessing on these sketches occurs. After this, a new Round begins with new "Artist PMs".

also;

--- When you guess what the image is, no points will be given for guessing multiple things or a pseudo-sentence. e.g. "Lightning and thunder" (which is it?!) or "Girl inflating balloon" (is it the balloon, inflation or a girl?!).

--- An update to the rundown of gameplay at 5.i: Your username MUST be separate from your sketching. DO NOT include it within your sketch, but rather simply write it alongside, below, or above it.

--- Categories are not going to be posted alongside Artist drawings.

If you have questions, please post or PM them!
    And PLEASE -- you don't need to "know how to draw" to participate. Just think: for foot, if you drew a stick figure (don't claim you can't do that!) and then put an arrow pointing at one of the feet ... you're done!

Sign-ups:

:) :)

19. wedge41388

wedge41388 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 15, 2010
    1. wedge41388

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    1. wedge41388

21. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    1. wedge41388

3. Mister_Master

Nat, did you mean to post it without your name?

22. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    1. wedge41388

3. Mister_Master

4. Gurthrim_Lah

This game seems like fun.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :oops: No, I was trying to sign up 8-}

1. wedge41388

2. NYCitygurl

3. Mister_Master

4. Gurthrim_Lah

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    We will start the game at the end of my weekend (48 hours) :D

Last chance for people to sign up!

25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Welcome to Pictionary!!

GAME 02 ... begins!

Our Artists (and turn order):

1. wedge41388
    2. NYCitygurl
    3. Mister_Master
    4. Gurthrim_Lah

All Artists have been PMed their individual Pictionary card. Please PM me your drawing within the next 72 hours.

Bonus Round

Artist: Zane
    [image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~garratts/tyi/pictionary/bonus01.jpg]

I have joined in and selected this word from a Pictionary card of my own. For this special round, you have the 72 hours given to sketch to make your guess as to what I have drawn. Good luck!

Two points will be awarded for a correct guess!

If you have any questions, please ask! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.