main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The Pirates of the Caribbean STLFF Thread: Discuss the movie or talk like a pirate!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Welcome TATOOINEFARMGIRL! Love yer pirate lingo, very savvy. Also, you knew all t'words to that famous pirate song! WOW! I have them listed on my PC somewhere.. Ah, blazes with it. Can't find where I had it, but you had all t'words right. You shouldn't be lurkin' lassie, you belong right here! ;)

Pass the rum!!

Dajuan, how do you like the POTC soundtrack? Saw you got it for Christmas.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    So, did any of ye see the People's Choice Awards? Pirates won for best movie!! This calls for celebration!

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    So a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his trousers.
    Bartender says, "hey pal, you know you got a steering wheel sticking out of your pants?"

Pirate says, "aye matey, and it's driv'in me nuts" :)

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Tim, me matey, yer wrong, but yer makin me laugh ya are.

5. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    /\ LOL :D

What kind of socks do pirates wear?

Arrrgggyle.

6. TATOOINEFARMGIRL

TATOOINEFARMGIRL Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2002
    Yay, a chance to tell my favorite pirate joke!

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
    "What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
    The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
    "Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
    "Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
    "Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
    "Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
    "Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them dropped a nasty present in my eye."
    "So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird poop!"
    "Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Arrr me mateys, some aweful jokes they were, but enjoy them I did.

8. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Those are both pretty good.

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Those were some pretty good ones mateys! I'm still laughin' about t'last ones.

10. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Aye mate's.
    The Golden Globes are on this evening and I believe Pirates had a nomination and Johnny Depp does also. Me thinks.
    I love the movie, got it for me daughter for Christmas and I'm hooked.
    I don't know about ye other lassie's but I've got my own story line for Capt'n Jack, savvy? :D

"la d da da.... and really bad eggs."

11. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    WOOOHOO!! JOHNNY DEPP HAS JUST BEEN NOMINATED FOR BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE!!! WOOOHOOO

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It brings a warm feelin' ta me heart that JD has his nomination. Now I wanna be a pirate! Anyone else thing Ren Fair costumes?

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Arr, that was bloody great! Go Johnny!

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Anyone hear about the thing at the very end of PotC? There is supposed to be a thing after all the credits roll that sets up the next movie. I'm going to check it out and report back to you.

15. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes, seen it. Funny.

16. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    well, now I have a reason to watch it again

ok...

I really don't need a reason to watch it again

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That's the spirit Tabee!

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Me and my dad saw that the first time we saw the movie at the theater. We always stay and watch the credits at the end of the movie. I guess it pays! My mom and sister didn't though, but they stayed the second time to see it. LOL! ;)

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Anyone have an idea when 2 is supposed to come out?

Also, I'm doing Jack Sparrow for Halloween. I have the shirt and vest done but for buttons, and the pants almost done. I still have a ton of detail work to do on it. Now I have to practice my swagger and speach. Savvy, you scabborous dogs?

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Dajuan, you're gonna have a blast with that costume and character. ;)

If I find any sites to help you with the pirate speech, I'll put them on here, but as of now I know this site. This site rocks!!

PotC 2 was pushed back because of all of the movies Depp, Bloom, and Knightly are doing. It won't come out until 2006 now... :(

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Awesome JCF. Thanks for the info. Man where have you been lately? Missed you on here.

22. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Speaking of which, its been a long time since GB.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yes, yes it has. Want to plan one soon? School had gotten in the way for me.

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I know! It's been a while! I have been so busy lately... MAP, ACT, and drivers test (speaking of which I am a legal driver now, so stay off the sidewalks ;) ) and Faire stuff (both days of the weekend I am doing Faire now, getting site work hours in, fight scenario for the chess match, and stuff with my guild) and then I actually like to cram other things in, like having fun with family and friends, so it has been pretty hectic... Can't wait for the summer.

A game of GB would sound great! I haven't played in so long... Maybe a night this weekend I would be able to. We got new RAM for the PC!! Everything works faster now.

Well, I think I have successfully gotten off-topic now, so back to the current theme: ARRR!

BTW, I got a new game called Port Royale, it's a strategy game, based in the period of POTC, and you trade and do Govenor's missions, and you can even go the way of a pirate. Also, there are SHIP BATTLES!! Yay! I haven't played it yet, but the manual's pretty thick. It's got multiplayer too. :)

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    How much was it? That sounds like a load of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.