main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW The pity thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Poison_Monkey, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Here's the deal. someone has to say something bad that's happened to them. the next person has to comfort them, and then say something crappy that's happened to them, etc, etc.

I was sawing wood today for my parents, with a crappy little hand saw that's mostly blunt, sawing a fair amount of a tree into little bag-sized pieces. To actually get an agnle that I can cut it at, I lean it up against the fence. so i'm sawing away at this one frickin chunky piece, almost through it, when the bloody thing snaps off, and hit me right on the bony part of my cheek (on my face...), drawing a fair amount of blood cos it had a fair-sized stick that felt attracted to me as well.

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    *gives Sam a brotherly hug*

There there. It'll be ok man! U wont even be able to see that scar for long! :D

I dropped a brick on my foot the other day...it hurt.

3. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    *hugs the poor brick*

Craig, stop abusing defenceless beings!

4. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    But you didn't give me anything to comfort you about Keyhler.

I have an exam tomorrow.

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Awww, Jenna, don't feel so bad, before you know it you'll have passed the subject with a hd and you'll be ordering around a few dozen people when you finish uni...

I have exams in two weeks

6. The_Poison_Monkey

Mar 6, 2001
    *Lets Tek cry on his shoulder, then shoves him off brusquely* AH! WET!

I've got nothing to do and am extremely bored

7. Already-Turned

Already-Turned Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2001
    Aww don't you worry Tech, matey with a little study you'll get through with flying colours, I have faith in you!

Right now as I am a peasant farmer and no one winges better than us, prpares thyselves for my tale of woe.

Here I am in the middle of what, unitl rain came and destroyed it, the best wheat crop in years. For the last two years the rain has not favoured us, we had been able to plant only a sceric of what we could have. Our land lay barren in the hazy heat, and the red dust in the sky lay overhead as a testement to the failure of mankind. Then at last when hope was all but lost, it came! A sowing rain! And the land was lush and green and the crops prospered and grew and the thoughts of men were turn to joy as the crop thickend and ripened and we prepared for a great harvest.

And then the rain came again. Not the gentle kiss of a spring storm, here was a cold and insidious wet, which washed down apon the golden grains of wheat, robbing it of strength, washing away its golden hue til at last the stench of rot pervasisve filled the air, and the grain turned black or grew shoot's in it's head, the bulbous roots growing like a cancer from it's parents waving crowns.

And so it is, that dreams of happy days and wealth are washed away from those pitiful peasants, whose endless hours of labour are, once again, rendered useless. A years worked in ruins, the fallen stalks of wheat, akin to fallen hopes of man.

And so.
    The peasant weeps.

8. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    *hugs Enna*

*looks at PM* How about thoughts of the lemur on a kebab stick? [face_devil]

And I am still unemployed and running low on $$, there that'll do :p

9. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    A-T, one day you'll move to Sydney and never have to worry about being a farmboy pesant ever again.

And Kehleyr, you can take comfort in the snotty tissues of 5 yr olds.

It was my birthday last night and I stayed home to study for my finals.

10. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Damn, Ki ... that sux. But next year's Birthday will be cool - we should organise a meet for ya. :)

I've spent 4 days having a director yell at me for mistakes that my lighting crew make, and having coke cans lobbed at me by the kid manning the spot about 3 storeys above me. When I warn him that he's out next time he does something to endanger people's safety, he swears my head off. I haven't slept for more than 8 hours in the past 7 days, due to worrying about the musical and catching up on missed school work, and I don't even like the musical I'm lighting. Then I find out that I could have gone to the Harry Potter meet, but can't because it's past the deadline and I withdrew from the meet.

11. The_Poison_Monkey

Mar 6, 2001
    That truly sux Clare. you should just get the teacher in charge to give that little s@#t a detention or something. then kick him in the balls. [face_devil]
    on the sleep thing, easiest way is: pills. they drop you for about 10 hours if you're already tired.

We went back to the Attic today and found that one of the windows had been left open and one of its hinges got literally blown off in the winds today. Then found the bowls from the waffles-making....crustified. And to top it off, we've got a gig on Saturday that we're playing at and we've only just started practising and don't even have a clue about which songs we're going to play, so don't know what we SHOULD pracitse. *sigh* sux to be us.

12. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Don't worry PM I'm sure most bands started out this way. Who knows you could be the next big thing!! :D

Damn, work. I can't go the the Harry Potter meet or the work christmas perty cause I'm on Nights. :(

As well as that I'm still not sure if I'm gonna have a job in the near future. :(

13. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    It's cool m-m, I can't make it to the Harry Potter meet either. And I'm a casual worker, so I could be fired with an hour's notice!

I need no pity. Everything's just fine...

*piano falls on Ki's head*

14. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Poor Paul :( Take comfort in the fact that they do need casual workers and as such are unlikely to fire you without good reason.

My whinge of the day: my birthday present lost net access. :(

15. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    man, that sucks!!!! Poor you!!!

And now, for my whinge...

MY TEAM LOST ABYSMALLY IN VOLLEYBALL TODAY. THE OTHER TEAM SERVE TOO WELL AND THE OTHER PEOPLE IN MY TEAM WHO WEREN'T AT THE COKE FACTORY ON A COMMERCE EXCURSION ARE AFRAID OF THE BALL, DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT IS A CRAPPY *FOAM* BALL!!! IT'S JUST A BALL, LOOK. *throws ball right at her nose and ball bounces right off* SEE? IT DIDN'T HURT, NOW, DID IT??? AND CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE BACK ME UP WHEN I STUFF UP MY HIT??? (sorry, now i'm just ranting)

16. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    heh - I jump reflexively when I see a ball coming at my head. Don't know why :p

Sorry to hear about your volleyball loss. Never mind - perhaps your team will improve by the next game. :) Nowhere to go but up.

Um, nothing to take pity on me for. Things are very good actually. I could do with a bit more money before moving out and I don't work any more until mid-Jan at best. Oh, and I have an exam on Tuesday. But other than that it's all good. :)

17. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    How am I supposed to comfort you with that? ;)

My computer is acting up again. :(

18. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Don't feel to bad Shara, I know exactly how you feel. :mad:

It looks like I'll have to rebuild my PC at home. It's running SO damn slow and I can't seem to fix it. :( :_|

19. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Hrmm.... have you tried blu-tack?
    Or, even better, gaffa tape? It always does the trick.. good ole gaffa.. :D
    (Seriously... good luck with it man, those weirdarse circuitry things confuse the hell out of me...)

Pity me because despite finishing uni on Monday I've spent most of the remaining time either working or singing with no time to party.. and before you say, but aha, you enjoy singing; let me say oho, not this time I don't. This evening I have frozen my little bottom off waiting for hours in the Botanic Gardens for our cues to go onstage in a dress rehearsal for a concert run by morons who treat us like primary school children and who think the height of musical expression is the hallelujah chorus from Handel's messiah sung loud loud loud, all the bloody way through. Adding to my discomfort was that this dress rehearsal involved being swaddled from top to toe completely in white, no less, in those quaint androgenous 17th century costumes, that being with the white curly flowing wigs and the white powdered faces and the white puffy shirts and the white saggy pantaloons with no elastic and the even whiter saggier shiny stockings. Twas verrry cold and verrry stupid, and as the whole shebang ran about 2 hours overtime, I didn't get home till 1am, after little sleep the night before either.. (thank god I made the very last train home!)
    Pity me!! :D

//end rant//

20. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Poor Maes. Sounds like the people organising that thing need a SERIOUS wake up call. [face_plain]

I think my fish is sick. :(

21. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    awww poor fish

My step mum is evil to my mousie.... poor mousie.
    BUT ITS FUNNY!

22. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    It's okay Piggles, your mouse will be eaten up by the local anaconda soon enough, then it'll never be hurt ever again.

My pet rock is sick. And death won't cure it either. :(

23. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    looks like it needs a grindin'....

Eh, I have nothing to complain about :)

Oh ok, I stubbed my toe the other day, thats about it :)

24. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Ow.

My fish died this morning. :_|

25. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    At least now you can claim it's life insurance ;)

My flatmate has hidden his coffee and I can't find it anywhere. :(
    //Vader-voice//
    I want that coffee.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.