main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Plan-Whos with me?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mr_Sith, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
  2. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I've got a game made to contribute to this thread, but I don't know how to put a downloadable link on here or how to zip the file for the download.

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I meant to respond to this on Friday, but I didn't get a chance.

Make it like an energy bar that gets built up the more enemies are killed until they have enough "Force" saved up to do some Force skill as mentioned above

Unless the character is gonna be a Dark Jedi, I really have to disagree with the idea of having to kill people to build up Force power. Why not just do it like the current games do it, by just having it slowly build up. And the higher level you get, the faster it builds up. So obviously a level 1 character wouldn't be able to use the Force much (drain would be to fast, recharge to slow), but a level 11 character would be able to use it a lot (slow Force drain, faster recharge).

Oh yeah, and all gaming professionals start out as amateurs :p

4. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Presently I ditched Game Maker 5. I'm giving it a more in depth game. I downloaded this Game Maker called RPG Maker 2000 and Its partly 3D. It may take a while but its pretty cool.

5. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Game Maker sucks. If you want to make anything good, learn a real language. Like C++ or even Java. Or BASIC!

6. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I once made a game using C++. It really sucked because I didn't take the time to learn the language first.

If you're doing an RPG Mr. Sith do it good. Actually I can't imagine how that could happen but see what you can come up with.

7. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    Insane Anakin, I'm no pro, but I don't think that I should have left game making to them.

But I agree, game maker bad. Program it with java or C++.

8. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Unless the character is gonna be a Dark Jedi, I really have to disagree with the idea of having to kill people to build up Force power.

That's true. Though for that matter Jedi shouldn't be able to use Force Lightning yet it's in Outcast. :p

Anyways, since it's going to be an RPG then I guess it would be possible to use the level system.

Another idea is to choose from the start which path your character walks: (if it's not based on the movies) Jedi or Sith. One could have an advantage over the other. Say if you choose Sith then you have Force Lightning, whereas if you chose Jedi you have healing abilities.

9. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I've just read this whole thread and I have one thing to say: Not even in your dreams, Mista Sith.

And that is all I haft to say about that.

EDIT: plus, you havent made any progress it seems.

10. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Well, Mista Y-Wing I work on the game at my house and its kinda hard making a game from an RPG Engine. Its gonna take a while. The levels have to be built and the characters have to be made.

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    where didja get this RPG maker?

12. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    That's true. Though for that matter Jedi shouldn't be able to use Force Lightning yet it's in Outcast.

Jedi can't use Force Lightning. Not even in Outcast. It's a Dark Side power so only Dark Jedi are able to select it as a Force Power.

13. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Search for RPG Maker 2000. There are multiple download links. I cant remember where I got mine. The fighting system is the kind from FF. I have to bring in a lot of stuff to make it Star Wars but the levels dont need much work.

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Jedi can't use Force Lightning. Not even in Outcast. It's a Dark Side power so only Dark Jedi are able to select it as a Force Power.

Then explain the force lightning power you can use in Jedi Starfighter?

According to the EUers (when I questioned them on this) the lightside force lightning is known as a 'bolt of justice'.

16. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

As posted by jp-30...
    "According to the EUers (when I questioned them on this) the lightside force lightning is known as a 'bolt of justice'."

Errr...

I've read a very significant percentage of the Star Wars EU library, and I've never come across that term in my travels. I must admit it's one of the most idiotic phrases I've heard recently, too. Since I don't recall seeing that in any of the books, maybe it pops up in one of those pesky comic books somewhere.

At any rate, it seems to me that all Jedi would have access to Force Lightning, except that they would have to tap into the Dark Side to be able to use it. That's why the "good jedi" don't use it. (Unless you're a very angry Jaina Solo and lose control for a second or two, of course...)

Having never really played Jedi Starfighter I can't explain it's use among the good jedi.

Maybe the midicholorians made them do it...?

Just a thought,
    Yours Truly

17. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    "Good Jedi" who use lightning:

Kyle Katarn, Jedi Outcast
    Jacen Solo, Traitor, Destiny's Way
    Jaina Solo, Star By Star, Dark Journey
    Adi Gallia (I think it's her), Jedi Starfighter

Just some food for thought.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Jacen and Jaina both tapped into the dark side when they used it.

As for Kyle while he shouldn't be so shame on him and Adi Gallia :mad:

19. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    But doesn't Kyle only use it in Outcast if you take it? And doesn't it count toward Dark Side points? My point is that it's normally a Dark Side power (which a lot of posts have confirmed) so to use it would be a Dark Jedi trait. As others have said, you need to tap into the Dark Side to use it, so most Good Jedi don't.

Also, I seem to remember reading a Q&A where the Starfighter developers were asked why they had put Force Lightning into the game when that's normally only a Dark Side power. Their answer was that they needed a certain force power for something, and even though it broke some established rules, they went ahead and put it in. This is one of the reasons that I like EU for pure entertainment, but not for trying to glean facts about the Star Wars Universe.

20. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    No,
    You're thinking about Jedi Knight.

Jedi Outcast was'nt programmed as well and did'nt include light/dark paths.

Ender Sai likes this.
  21. Aragorn328

Aragorn328 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2002
    My take on it:

Kyle Katarn, Jedi Outcast
    Jedi Outcast. Not following the path of just a light Jedi, he's using whatever is needed to aid him. While using lighting, he's using the Dark side (if you believe there is one...go Traitor! :p )-Dark

Jacen Solo, Traitor, Destiny's Way
    Believes there is no dark side, ala Vergere. -Angry Emotions, not Dark Side

Jaina Solo, Star By Star, Dark Journey
    Angry. Uses Dark Side. Yep. -Dark

Adi Gallia (I think it's her), Jedi Starfighter
    Never played Starfighter, so can't really comment on this. Though, as I can't really rationalize this, I'm just gonna think in my head she was using Dark....

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    She's the traitor! :eek:

23. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Does the lightning come from the ship?

24. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I've read a very significant percentage of the Star Wars EU library, and I've never come across that term in my travels.

IIRC, the term "Bolt of Justice" actually comes from Jedi Power Battles. Plo Koon can use it, and I believe he's the only one. It's supposed to be a power very very near to the Dark Side, and so only highly trained Jedi Masters who have ultimate control over their emotions are allowed to even learn the technique. Basically, it stuns rather than kills.

JMA

25. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    yes there is a light side lightning, and jacen didnt tap into the dark side, he used vergeres philosophy that there isnt sides to the force,the only sides are within ones heart so technically there is no dark side for him to tap into so it snot the dark side

alright theres a game for playstation called rpg maker and rpg maker 2 is coming out for ps2

but to add to the fun heres my idea:
    1.) you play a bounty hunter in the time of the empire and you are set off to kill han solo and chewbacca, but you also are very force sensitive and were trained as a child by an old man to use the force, but you end up helping han solo and chewbacca escape bounty hunters that are also original ideas and you meet dash rendar at one point and co-pilot his ship

2.) you are a clone trooper who is helping darth vader hunt down the jedi right in between the end of the clone wars and before ANH, and you are stationed at darth vaders torture chamber place on some planet where he tortures jedis to tell him where other jedis are, but you see a little girl about to be tortured but you saver her because she is a child and so young and innocent, but you have to become a fugitive an don the way she teaches you how to use the force becuase you are actually force-sensitive, and you join the rebellion and become one of those heroes that arent known about

if someone made those mods for Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy, that would be so cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.