The Planterium

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay guys. I am going to repeat myself here. I really think this would be a good club activity to do. It is fun for all ages, so the kids can be included. Also, it is very cheap, something we can all enjoy. I want some input about this. Maybe we can do it in October? I would like September, but we have a bunch of stuff going on, so mabye October would be better. Please let me know.

Okay Star Gazing Time:

I called BYU and this is what I was told. They have shows every Thursday at 7pm. They will be closed for the month of August, but will open up in September. The room will hold 65 people. If we go on a thursday night and want to try and get in with all the other people that go, it is $1.50 a person. They told me that since we might have a big group, it would be better to schedule a day (all they need is about 4 days notice). If we do that, it would cost us $35 for a group less than 24 people and over 25 it is just $1.50 each.

I would like everyone to visit the website and pick at least 2 shows they would like to see, that way we can hopefully see the one that everyone wants to see.

http://www.byui.edu/planetarium/
  2. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that would be cool, it has been a long time since I have done that.
  3. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't really care when we go or what show we see as long as we go.

Of course, it would be cool if said show had aliens and predators in it. Or maybe LASER WEEZER!!
  4. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Laser Weezer, that would be different. Why am I thinking about the South Park Planet-arium show now? You want us all to get hypnotized?

It would be nice if everyone could go to the website I listed and decide which shows they would like to see. I don't want to have to pick and then make someone unhappy. I will if I have to, but I would rather not.

5. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is Hypno-Toad part of the program? [face_hypnotized]
  6. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    I vote for "To Worlds Unknown" & "Skywatchers of Ancient Mexico." [face_alien]
  7. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I love the plane-arium. It's the best thing in my rotten life. To be without the plane-arium causes me great pain. Horrible, icky pain.
  8. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just for the record. You guys pick a day on any day other than tuesday or thursday night and Ill be there. Ill trust yuor good judgement as to what program we will watch.
  9. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I gotta vote for either "Springtime of the Universe" or "Cosmic Catastrophies". And from a religious standpoint "I Will Show Thee the Workmanship of Mine Hand" sounded very interesting as well.
  10. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wouldn't mind seeing all of them. This is gonna be hard to choose.
  11. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Did I say Tues Thurs? I meant Mon Weds. I am detained on those nights irrevocably. Tues and Thurs and Fri Sat are Ok
  12. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If we want to wait until November and go on a Thursday (the public screening night) then we can see To Worlds unknown. If we don't want to see that, and want to go on another night, then we have to come up with $35 total.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.