main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Pledge

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I know a fair share of us, most if not all, want to stay spoiler-free through Episode III, so I am starting the JKOC's Official Spoiler-Free Through Episode III Pledge. (Just copy the following paragraph with my name, then add yours for the next person to copy and add theirs)

I, by signing this pledge, promise not to check out any Spy Reports on tf.n or probe for any information regarding Episode III that Lucasfilm hasn't officially released through the press. I know it will be difficult, but I have plenty of JKOC comrades to turn to for support. I firmly intend to let George completely 'wow' me with my first viewing of Episode III. Sincerely,

Random

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    :eek:

You mean we have to stay entirely spoiler free? What happens if I look at only a few... like I planned on doing? (And I was just thinking about this today too...) I guess the stuff released by Lucasfilm is good enough...

Oh well....

I, by signing this pledge, promise not to check out any Spy Reports on tf.n or probe for any information regarding Episode III that Lucasfilm hasn't officially released through the press. I know it will be difficult, but I have plenty of JKOC comrades to turn to for support. I firmly intend to let George completely 'wow' me with my first viewing of Episode III. Sincerely,

Random
    JJJ

3. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    And what are the consequences??? What if I run into someone that accidently says , Hey did you hear that Anakin comes out of the closet in Ep III, etc etc. Or what if I accidently read a thread where someone hasnt placed a "SPOILER do not read" and then I read it. Or what if ET shows some spoiler on there show from some reporter outside of LUCAS . You will have to stay away from TV , the Internet, radio, magazines, and essentially other SW fans to be completly spoiler free. Sorry its a pledge others wont commit to. Nice to believe but it wont happen.

4. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    It's not that hard to remain spoiler free, as long as you don't visit any spoiler sites/forums. The amount of spoiler information you'd receive through television, radio, and the Star Wars Official site will give away very little of the plot.

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I, by signing this pledge, promise to check out SOME Spy Reports on tf.n or probe for any information regarding Episode III that Lucasfilm hasn't officially released through the press. I know it will be EASY, but I have plenty of JKOC comrades to turn to for MOCKING. I firmly intend to let George completely 'wow' me with my first viewing of Episode III.

Sincerely,

Jedi Knight Pas-Jo Dacle(and his mullet)

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    While I appreciate the sentiment, I believe this is in Darth-Zod's area of experitise (jedi council member for voting and policies) you may want to get his "certain point of view" on how legally binding this pledge is? ;)

However, I also think that if we observe the rules set up by the Jedi Council Forums and Force.net about "spoilers" there shouldn't be a problem.

7. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, TF.N's policy is that spoilers can only be discussed in the one designated for E3 but that policy does not hold for FF activities such as our meetings. It seams like this pledge could include both situations. I'm no ones father (not yet anyway) so do as you wish. If you do read spoilers, just be respectful of those of us trying to remain spoiler free.

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    "Is zat...legal?"

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    If someone happens to tell you something about the movie that spoils it... that's not probing for it, unless you straight up ask them, what do you know about Episode III? Signing the pledge is a personal decision. I want to be as cold turkey to Episode III as I possibly can until it comes out. When Lucasfilm releases things on ET, Access Hollywood, in the paper, Time Magazine, etc, then I'd hardly call it "spoiler" anymore. The title "Attack Of The Clones" was released about a year before the movie came out, I wouldn't say that was a spoiler once I heard it on the news. It's just a personal matter, if you want to know about the movie, then go search for stuff. But be respectful of those who don't want to know anything. We have an official spoiler thread which can still be used for Episode III now that Attack Of The Clones is behind us. Please keep all spoilers in their designated threads. JJJ and I don't want to know that much... I'm surprised more people haven't signed yet considering at the last few meetings people expressed a lot of interest in knowing as little as possible. But wow, this thread has probably had the most action in a short period since AOTC came out and everyone was posting every hour until the premiere...

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I, by this pledge, promise not to...*breaks down and cries* I can't do it! I'm a spoiler junkie! I take in every shred of info and tell everyone about it! I check all the websites out religiously in hope of finding any info on the new movie! It's so tempting... Join the spoiler side! It's so much better when you know all the secrets...mwahahaha!

11. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'm with Reborn!! The more info the better! All that knowledge that some people don't want just makes me bubble!!!

A Jedi must be mindful of his spoi... er, thoughts...

BTW, in EIII, I get lucky with Padme... Unfortunately, we got it in the first take, so I only have the one tape, but we rehearsed A LOT! ;)

-b-

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    It's not fair when you have a friend that will tell you things about ep. III when you tell her that you are not going to be spoiled... (And boy, if she does... I'll walk over to her house and strangle her.... [face_devil])

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "I sense the Dark Side in you, Doo... er Cindy..."

Don't go to the brink of asphyxiating friends... It also doesn't help when you don't want to know things about AOTC before it's out and PJD tells you Anakin's arm gets cut off... (like my experience in April)

14. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I have decided to Spoil Myself for this movie, until the major spoilers come out [face_plain]

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

15. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Random, the way that I found out about that was looking through the visual dictionary at Sam's Club. (Very bad idea... ;))

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000

Krash

I plan on following the same strategy I have for all the prequels...anything not confirmed by "official" sources (starwars.com, "Star Wars Insider" to name a few) is pure rumor or "internet gossip." I can't imagine GL or Lucasfilm wanting to ruin the experience of the film for fans, so I trust them completely.

If, as we near the release of Episode III, I find anything (like the Visual Dictionary...which got me as well) I will take the blaster bolt for the team and warn everyone who wishes to remain unspoiled.

17. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    I, by signing this pledge, promise not to check out any Spy Reports on tf.n or probe for any information regarding Episode III that Lucasfilm hasn't officially released through the press BEGINNING WITH THE START OF PRINCIPAL FILMING, when all the substantial spoilers come out. I know it will be difficult, but I have plenty of JKOC comrades to turn to for support. I firmly intend to let George completely 'wow' me with my first viewing of Episode III. Sincerely,

Old_Benny a.k.a Fred

Hey, I have to have something to speculate over. Most of what comes out between now and filming is either casting news or sketchy plot points that no one can peace together. But I'm spoiler free starting Summer 2003

18. DarthZome

Aug 17, 2000
    I, by signing this pledge, promise to check out all Spy Reports on tf.n and probe for all information regarding Episode III that Lucasfilm hasn't officially released through the press. I know it will be difficult, but I am absolutely determined to know everything that is going to happen in Episode III as soon as possible. I firmly intend not to let George in any way surprise me with my first viewing of Episode III. Sincerely,

Drew

19. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    (spoiler for "Traitor")

Random, how can you tell Cindy she has the dark side if there is no dark side. As Vergere said,"The Force is one, Jacen Solo. The Force is everything, and everything is the Force. I've told you already: the Force does not take sides. The Force does not even have sides." So how can we take sides?

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll be completely spoiled, so if you worried about a thread or something I'll be happy to investigate it's spoiler validity. ;)

21. DarthZome

Aug 17, 2000
    Because "Traitor" is a load of crap.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Now, just because you don't agree with the existance of EU...doesn't mean "it's a load crap" And I'd love it if you provided the source of that GL quote in your signature.

"You going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view."

I think Darth-Zod's comment on our policy about spoilers says it all:
    "If you do read spoilers, just be respectful of those of us trying to remain spoiler free."

That means, at our meetings, asking those around you if they're trying to remain "unspoiled" in regards to EU or Episode III. Just use some common curtousy.

23. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I really have to find a sig from another FF guy that I've seen, he might be from detroit, but I can't remember.

Regarding canon:
    You're arguing over whether or not one series of FICTION is more or less real than another series of FICTION

I love the books. They continue stories of characters i enjoy reading about. Therefore, I love the quote! It sums it all up. So Zome, put that in your pipe and smoke it!! :p

-b-

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I personally don't consider something from EU to be SW canon until GL decides he wants it in the movies...

i.e. The name of The Republic/Imperial City (he didn't say the name of the center of the Republic/Empire til TPM) made to be Coruscant, Aayla Secura (thank God he added her in... Amy, I love you! [face_love])

And in response to Emily... there may not be a real "Light Side" or "Dark Side" to the Force, but I think the term applies to how people use the one Force. I look at the terminology like this... If you use the Force in good ways, then you are promoting the Light Side of it. If you use it in a dark manner, you are promoting the Dark Side. Besides... you got that quote from an EU novel. It doesn't count anyway! [face_mischief]

25. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I'm with Sebulba :p

!Shinjo :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.