main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Plinkett Effect

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by ChewieWe'reHome, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    (removed due to apparently sensitive content, my apologies)

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I Am not looking forward to this guy's reviews at all because I skipped ahead and listened to about 3 minutes of his review of "Star Trek: Insurrection" and almost threw my laptop against a wall, it was that annoying, and never listened to him ever again. I intend to keep that streak going.

3. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

I admit they're very opinionated and sometimes snobbish. There indeed have been times where their opinions were so extreme that they didn't change mine at all. Like they HATED Star Trek: Into Darkness, but I still rather enjoy it to this day.

4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I haven't actually watched them and why should I? Why do I want to surround myself with that negativity? Also, from everything I've read and heard, they are full of nothing but lies. They said GL copied off Gladiator, wrong! If anything he "copied" off films like The Mysterious Island and Quo Vadis. Not to mention there are rape/murder jokes.

Mods, A Chorus of Disapproval can we close this thread please? Anytime those "reviews" are brought up it leads to nothing but trouble and fighting.

B99 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

I hope you know I don't think rape and murder is humorous. But you should also know I don't see that as the intent of RLM's humor. I'd love to give a detailed breakdown of humor and how it works on other levels besides the often-mistaken-to-be "offensive" one, but it doesn't seem like this is the place for it (as you've pointed out).

Mods, I also suggest the closing of the thread on second thought. I forgot this was the internet.

6. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I know it's dangerous to say this here but I think the Plinkett reviews are great! Granted, I'm no fan of the rape/murder humor but the actual content of the reviews are well constructed and insightful.
    I prefer RLM's other movie review series, Half in the Bag though, as it keeps the critique and removes a lot of the grosser elements.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah... this is never a good idea for a discussion. It is a great idea for loud vocal minorities to holler at each other. But, it is never a good idea for a discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.