main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Hello everyone and welcome to the Plot Bunny Thread! @};-

This is the thread for authors who have plot bunnies to spare and for those who are in need of new ones. I should also state this is for readers as well. What plots would you like your fave authors to explore? What predicaments would you love to see your fave characters placed in?

Your current thread manager is Jade_Max - let?s give her a big warm welcome and thank you =D=

This thread came into being in early 2002 when someone asked me if I had any ideas for a fic--as they seemed to have hit a block where plot bunnies were concerned.

Well, I realized I had a lot, and that I would never have time to write them all. Some people are really possessive of their plot bunnies (nothing wrong with that) I, on the other hand, am not.

I thought this would be a good place for authors and readers alike to share their ideas. I personally would love to hear from the faithful readers of these boards, on what plots they would like to see explored.

Now, I primarily write and read Qui/Obi fics, but this thread is open to all pairings and scenarios, no matter how unusual (but within the TOS), characters, plots, sub-plots, crossovers and anything else you can think of in all eras.

An Index called the Plot Bunny Pen,of all the bunnies has been stated to run in tandem with this thread. If you don?t want to wade through all 60+ pages of the Plot Bunny Thread to find one, check the Index. It?s been sorted by Eras and alphabetically. A list of all people who have supplied bunnies can be found near the top of the Index for your convenience in contacting them.

To clarify so everyone understands; if you share your ideas here, they are available for others to use. It is now requested that the author interested in adopting a plot bunny notify the person who surrendered the bunny via PM to request permission. If you do not want - or need - them to do so, please leave a note when you surrender your bunny

Oh, and one last thing. Please be kind and give credit where credit is due. If you adopt a bunny from this thread - just a quick reference of the thread and the person who put up the bunny in your opening summary is really only common courtesy, and will go a long way. Thank you.

--shan

Updates of all adopted bunnies can currently be found here:

Page 17 and Page 53.

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Shan, I understand what you mean.

I have about 4 other plot bunnies that I will be working on, but I do have a couple that I'm not sure I'll get around to. Maybe someday I'll take a stab at it but, I'm not sure when.

Sorry if it's been done and haven't found it yet, and that it could be construde as cliche but.....

Qui and Obi go on a mission to oversee some local games. One of the leaders/'gangsters' capture the Jedi and force them in to a hunt/survival game. Placing either both or just one on an island or some cut off area to fend of the wild while being hunted.

If anyone does want to use it, go ahead, just let me know. :D I would like to see how someone tackles it.

Have fun! :D

3. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Arldetta, that was exactly what I was hoping for! So glad someone posted before I made it back :D

Ok, here goes. Like I said, i've got a few so i will probably be popping in here every now and then. Let's hope some others take advantage of this as well.

Little initiates, Obi, Garen, Bant, Reeft, and others are all on a fieldtrip into Couruscant. The troublesome foursome get seperated from the rest of the group and spend the day braving the levels of Coruscant.

They are surprisingly resourceful, but encounter things that test their courage, faith in each other, and possibly even put their lives in danger.

Of course a small army of masters and knights are scouring the city once the plight is known, however the little group evades them. They make it back to the temple all on their own, though a little worse for wear.

I was originally thinking this would be adventure, humor, some angst but if anyone wants to use this--feel free to put any spin on it you would like.

4. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    I am usually extremely posessive of my creative ideas and will jealously protect them from others but This one plot I have I know I will never ever write. I might think of a thing I might like to see in it but never get anythign completeted so I will set it free!

Obi-Wan somehow gets this box of exotic candy (whether he buys it or it's a gift of somekind I never decided)He takes the candy home and tries some of it he gives some to his friends and master and they give a peice or two to other people. But the thing with the candy is it has an ingrediant that makes the person eating it hillucinate. And craziness happens.

It might not be much but I'm sure with the right author it could have potential and do much better then I ever could. So if you want it, take it, have fun with it and let me know how it turns out!

Felicia Z.

5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I've been playing around with the idea of transient Force sensitivity for a while. If you assume that midichlorians are the root of someone's ability to use the Force, and that they live in the blood, then:

Would Padmé be Force sensitive for a day or so after the birth of Luke and Leia? The only time a mother & baby's blood mixes is during birth--which is why that whole positive/negative Rh factor thing can be a problem. I'm not completely sure how long reactions to each other's blood lasts . . . I'll say 1 to 3 days. I'm sure there's better info on this somewhere. :)

Would someone be temporarily Force-sensitive after a blood transfusion? This could be cool in a family-angst kind of story--brother A is a Jedi, and brother B has always hated him for leaving the family, even though he's secretly jealous. One day brother B is in a hideous accident & needs factor-matching blood, so brother A provides it. Now brother B is Force-sensitive too for a little while, causing soul-corroding angst!! (Mmmmmmm . . . soul-corroding angst . . .) Too bad Obi-Wan and Owen aren't brothers after all. This would've been cool. :)

Can Force sensitivity skip generations, and if so, is there a "Jedi carrier state?" I was imagining a person whose body actually produced/housed midichlorians, but whose immune system reacted to them and kept them suppressed to a non-functional level. One day they find themselves immuno-suppressed (serious illness, tissue transplant, etc.), and voila! Instant Force sensitivity. I had this dim idea of a character who deliberately chose to shoot herself up with immunosuppressant drugs in order to be able to use the Force. She had to wear a breath mask & "body barrier" like Vader did, but she wasn't evil. This caused social awkwardness among the NJO. Since I've read maybe 2 NJO books ever and wasn't fond of them, I'll probably never use this idea in this form.

Anybody want to give these bunnies a good home? :)

6. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Great ideas Arldetta, FELICIA, and ophelia :)

I'd love to see how someone would tackle yours ophelia :) Sounds too complicated for me though.

Any readers out there that would like to share their ideas?? It could be picked up by your fave author--ya never know :D

7. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This is a wonderful idea, shan!

I have a few plot ideas now, but I need to think about which ones I'll never get to. I'll post them as I decide.

:)

8. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Great idea Shanobi! I have a ton of plot bunnies... but some of them I'm a bit possessive over ;)

Here's a few though:

1. For someone who is very sympathetic to Anakin:
    How is Anakin really all of that different from the rest of us? Imagine if right now someone showed up at your door, telling you that you were the savior of the Universe, and leading you away to awesome adventures... far from any life you've ever known. Now, the person you trusted is gone, and a new person comes in to fulfill that role in your life. He tells you how wonderful you are, and the great things you will do. He explains how he plans to unite the galaxy, to bring law to the unlawful planets like your home planet (which your whole goal in life was to bring "law" to your planet (AKA Free Slaves)). And so you begin to work with him.
    Ok this isn't really a plot bunny, its more of my idea of a story I would like to see written from Anakin's perspective, showing how his fall is so believable and that it is possible that any one of "us" could have done the same thing. I can't pull it off, 'cause I really don't like Ani... but if someone could, it might be an interesting introspection.

2. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan

After his last apprentice fell to the Darkside of the Force, Master Jinn swore to never take another Padawan. But after meeting the young boy with the bright shining eyes, and the powerful Force potential, he could not deny the connection that blossomed between them.
    Flash forward 13 years
    Qui-Gon gives thanks to the Force for guiding him in taking the apprentice. Without the boy at his side, the 'saber fight would already be over. As he fought in tandem with his Padawan against the hooded dark figure, he couldn't help but feel that he should know the Darksider. As they cross the catwalks, a sudden move from the Sith sends the Padawan over the side, where he barely catches onto a catwalk. Angered, Qui-Gon backhands the Sith off of the platform too, following immediately behind him. As he lands beside the Sith, he notices that his hood has fallen back. And in astonishment, he realizes why the Force signature was so familiar... it was his Fallen apprentice. "Obi-Wan?" he asked incredulously...

Ok, I don't know if that can be pulled off, and maybe someday I'll get around to writing it... but there's an AU idea

3. For anyone who has seen Quantum Leap
    What if Sam Beckett was sent to the Star Wars universe to prevent the Death of Qui-Gon, as it would keep Anakin from falling?

4. For a Qui-Gon lover
    The Chosen One brings balance to the Force... The Chosen One is one of the most powerful Jedi... The Chosen One would not be one to follow rules or conventions... What if Qui-Gon was the Chosen One? He did go against the Council... trying to get them to see that the Jedi were too complacent. He (according to Dooku (take with a grain of salt)) also believed the Senate was corrupted. What if it was his actions, in introducing Obi and Ani that brought about the Changes? What if he was the Chosen One who introduces the two sides of the Force? Obi-Wan of the Light and Anakin of the dark?

Okay...that's all the ideas I have that I want to share. Sorry if they are hard to understand, or if they are lame. :D

CK

9. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Those were very good ideas Calais :) I loved the Quantum Leap idea! I still love that show to this day.

Liked the Obi as the sith bunny too :D

I wonder if anyone will take advantage of these great ideas? :)

We could use some more too.......:)

Yes, i'm just trying to keep this on page 1--what's wrong with that? :D

--Shan

10. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I shall return! My plot bunnies breed like heck and need good homes for in no way can I take care of them all.

11. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    A story with Xanatos and Anakin would be interesting. Sorry that's all I've thought about it. I'm really not interested in Anakin enough to ever write him, but the idea of those two together in a fic would be interesting, I think.

12. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    That's an idea Cas! Those two certainly would be a challenge. I'd read something like that myself.

Okay, here's another one that I came up with for someone else, but they've decided to take me up on a different one. So this one's available for whomever as well.

Qui didn't choose Obi and neither went to Bandomeer. Obi could not face going to the Agri-Corps so he left to find his own destiny

On a mission 5 or so years later, Qui runs into an older, cynical, smart-mouthed Obi-Wan who is now a swoop-bike racer. He does the racing circuit on various planets, using the force when necessary to hone his abilities. Qui, obviously does not approve.

This is Obi's only means of survival, however and he tells Qui where to shove his high vaulted opinions. Their paths become entangled due to the 'object' of Qui's mission; A young woman with a mysterious past and ties to a certain Senator from Naboo.

This young woman has her sights on Obi-Wan, who's in excellent shape and has kept his jedi training up on his own as much as he could after all these years. Palpatine has sensed Obi-Wan's potential and wants him, Qui figures out someone wants Obi and that it is for dark purposes, but is unable to uncover the person's identity.

Palpatine offs the young woman before she can identify him, cuz she eventually falls for Obi for real. Qui realizes the lost potential in the boy and his own mistakes that set Obi on that path. He offers to take Obi as his padawan . . . . . finally

As always, if anyone is interested feel free to put whatever spin on it you'd like. Take out the girl if you don't want to deal with any type of romance etc....

A/N I really like this one myself, but with the way things are going for me right now--i'll just never get to do it.

13. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow,almost all the bunnies are JA or PT . . . Interesting.

14. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    This may be as silly idea but it could be a fun idea for an anyone can join round robin.

There are these really anoying adds on telivison and radio that advertize dentists. I was thinking they could have the same kind for Jedi...

instead of 1-800-dentist:

1-800-JEDI

15. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    lol jodiwent!!

All these ideas are great. As for them being JA or PT, I think it's because there is a lot more room to explore. Most of the books out are OT and don't give tooo many options.

Anyway, here's a couple more........

Humor/Angst

This kinda came to me last night. It's a bit doofy, but there are some strange stories out there. Again, it's a completely loopy young Obi story. Basucally, Obi is in a Cinderella situation. Originally, I was thinking Qui could be his step dad, but nowI guess his step dad could be Palpy. His evul brothers are Xanatos and Anakin. His fairy god Jedi is Yoda. And the princess could be OC/Padme or even Siri/Bant. Who knows?

EDIT: I was thinking you could probably do "The Brother's Grimm do SW." and get all the Fairy tales in here. Just think Luke and Leia as Hansel and Gretil.

Second PB,

Angst

This could be either OT or PT, but probably work better in OT. Here's the jist. For OT, Luke and Leia are growing up with Anakin and Padme who are now constantly fighting. Looking on the lines of Divorce. And the turmoil that ensues. For PT you would have to work it a bit. Such as Qui and Tahl married with either Xanatos or Obi or Both, as bros. I know it seems like they would never bicker, but it happens to the best of us sometimes. Another AU, sorry.

Well, I hope they don't sound too doofy. But they're there if you need them. Please let me know if you happen to use 'em. ;) :D

16. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hee hee! Detta love that fairy tale one. ;)

OK here's mine. I know everyone's probably sick of seeing "AU TPM- What if Qui survived?" but bear in mind that, somehow, all those stories got past me. I haven't read one like that so it seems fresh to ME! Anyway, as I said, in an AU of TPM Qui-Gon survives the Maul duel and goes on to train Ani, Ani adores Qui-Gon, he's totally not gonna go Dark Side, ever, perfectly content, yadda yadda, everything's great on that front. But, Obi is feeling very snubbed and bitter and jealous of Ani and ticked off at Qui-Gon- so much so that he ends up being vulnerable to the Dark Side. You could even have him end up hooking up with/ being tempted by Sidious or better yet Dooku. What do you guys think? If anyone wants to do this please PM me. I'd brainstorm/ help if you like. But I couldn't write this story. I have no time and anyway it doesn't jive with my personality and my relatively high intolerance for stories where Qui-Gon is portrayed as being a total moron.

17. Lyart_Triath

Lyart_Triath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Well here something I've been toying with since I first saw AOTC:

Dooku hinted that, had he survived TPM, Qui-Gon would have joined him and the separtist movement. What if Qui-Gon had been part of the movement, either pre-TPM or in a A/U. And, on a A/U angle, what if the seperatist/sith had gotten to Anakin first instead of the Jedi.

Right now though, I really want to focus on stuff other than firmly established, at least in terms of screen-time, characters myself. So if anyone can do anything with these, feel free.

18. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oooh, I love the fairy tale one. :) I wish I was talented enough to write that. :(

I've had a couple of bunnies in my head for a long time (Ack, and they're all A/U's, too), but never really been able to flesh out: (Apologies in advance if any of these are really, really stupid)

*What if Vader knew about Leia instead of Luke? I always liked the father/daughter duo, but there are very rarely stories about them. I'd love to see one where Vader is pursuing Leia, and doesn't know about Luke yet. Meanwhile, Luke could actually complete his Jedi training uninterrupted, which is an interesting idea IMO...(Small update: I'm definantly writing this one-It won't get out of my head.)

*What if the Bepsin duel never happened? What would happen if Luke took Yoda and Obi-Wan's advice and stayed to complete his training? Would he still feel the goodness he sense in Vader in ROTJ? Would he know the truth? What would Vader do when he found out? What would happen to Leia, Han, and co?

*What if Padme was alive and well during the OT? Would she go back to her husband and take her place at his side? Would she stay with Leia? Would she stay with Luke? Would she have joined the Rebellion? The Empire? Would her family & husband be aware of her existance? (Gah, too many questions in that one, me thinks. >_<)

19. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    OK, it seems like a couple of people liked the fairtale idea. My question to you all then, is would you like me to take a stab at it? I've had ideas about it, but have been working on my other stories at the moment.

And is there someone willing to help me? I'm not completely familiar with the Grimm brother's version. Only Disney and Everafter. Let me know. Thanks. :D

20. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Sophita Thanks so much for contributing your OT bunnies. :) This thread is not just for Qui/Obi fics!! I swear.

I like your idea of Vader finding Leia first, that would be worth reading if someone were to explore it.

And by all means Arldetta, if you think you can handle another plot bunny, be my guest ;) How do you keep them all straight at once girl!

Great ideas everyone!

21. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    shan Glad you told me about this! Some of these sound very interesting.Ani/Xan was mentioned before on my story thread and the more I think about it... :D

22. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Let me know if you write it, obi_ew. I'd like to read it. :D

23. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I have a plot bunny I just can't get rid of. :mad:

I'm putting it here in hopes of appeasing it. ;)

The basic idea is this: How did Obi-Wan get the name Ben? Well, what if Ben Skywalker (the son of Luke and Mara) go back in time to stop the Vong (or someone else) from changing the future by killing Obi-Wan? And what if Ben gave Obi-Wan his name? The timeline would continue as usual, of course - this wouldn't be a AU in the normal sense and could probably either be short or long.

If anyone feels like they can take this plot bunny on, let me know - I would love to read it. Heck, if you get a plot bunny from my plot bunny I'd like to know - just because I'd be curious. :)

24. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I have another plot bunny. [face_plain] Okay, more of an outline for a story. *sigh*

Hey, I even have a title! Faith

It starts out like this: a Jedi OC (in my mind - this story is adaptable it could be whoever you want) keeps having nightmares of thousands of people dying and he keeps seeing a planet. Eventually he is so haunted by the dreams that he goes to his Master (which in my head was Streen - this was set sometime before Luke and Mara get together but after the Jedi Academy). His Master helps him analyze the dream and they figure out which planet it is. He begins to feel the Force urging him on.

As it turns out, the planet is a colony and a rather new one, that's only been around for less than fifty years. There are, I don't know, a couple tens of thousands. You decide. Anyway . . . The OC Jedi goes to this planet and warns the government that everyone is going to die. As he is unable to explain how or when, the government brushes him off.

Eventually, he needs supplies and he docks with an orbiting research station. There he meets a girl who is a scientist. After some light conversation, she brings up that she believes the sun to be unstable and that there might be a flare or supernova, but her superior thinks its ridiculous and won't send out a probe to confirm or deny.

The Jedi goes with the girl and "convinces" ;) the superior to let the girl have the probe. So, the probe is sent out and they find instabilities in the sun. Everyone evacuates. A few days later, some people go back to check on the sun and find it completely stabilized.

The government is angry and the Jedi OC is feeling rather depressed since he was apparently wrong and the Force had not guided him to the correct answer.

But, a few days before the evacuees can come back, a plant releases its spores (it does it every fifty years), which would have been deadly and killed everyone on the planet.

The Jedi OC comes to the realization that although he hadn't been able to see everything that would happen, the Force had not guided him wrong. Perhaps girl and boy get together.

The end.

Could really be done any time period. :)

If anyone wants to tackle this, let me know - I'd love to help. :)

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Here's a plot bunny I've been wanting to see written but don't have the time nor the knowledge to do it myself.

Star Wars/Alien Crossover

Timeline - Pre ANH/Post Ep3 or OT

POV - Galactic Empire

Plot Summary - An Imperial Star Destroyer meets up with a convoy and begins the normal unloading procedures with the freighters. Unbeknownest to the crew, something has somehow attached to one of the freighters and unhatches inside the Hanger.

The first signs of trouble is discovered when two technicians disappear and a maintenance shaft near the hanger has suddenly grown organic material and the two technicians are discovered entombed into what looks like a cocoon.

The Captain of the ship does not pay much attention to this discovery and has the maintenance shaft cleaned of the organism. The second sign of trouble is when that cleaning crew disappears.

A stormtrooper detachment is sent to investigate only to discover more of the shaft has grown more of the stuff. Before they could report their finding they are attacked by something "alien".

A second detachment is sent to investigate the disappearance of the first detachment and discover that whatever the source of the growth is, its heading toward Engineering. They report this in and are immediately recalled. The surrounding area of the shaft is quarantined.

Before the crew can destroy the growth in the shaft, Engineering calls an emergancy and are silenced in mid call. Then main power of the ship is disabled.

In complete darkness save for the occasional emergency light, the crew of the Imperial Star Destroyer find themselves fighting for their lives against a creature they have never seen or heard of before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.