main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sketkh

Sketkh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2002
    What if Palpatine were never born?

Think about it? Hwo would the StarWars universe be different? Would Anakin and Padme ever meet? Would Anakin have been the chosen one? Who would bring upon the fall of the republic and the Jedi purge, would that even happen? would anything of the sort happen?

Currently I'm wirting a story now, and I really want to do this idea and soon, It would mostly focus on how Padme and Anakin would meet, but focus on how they would meet given the drastic change in this "what if" universe.

I'm looking for any interested co-writers who woul like to help with this Stroy idea. Any takers?

2. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Hey all. I ihave about 50 plot bunnies that bite me in the ass, then run before i can finish them. One of theme is a humor one i came up with while talking with my Master.

Star Wars meets Hollywood
    Spoofs of bunch of hit movies from a galaxy far far away. Imagine: "Not another Obi-Angst Fanfic", "The Sith Sense" or maybe "When Ani met Ami."(When Harry met Sally) I'll probably never write it, but it was hilarious while it lasted. :p

3. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    That's a good idea! I'd like to see somenone do "not another Obi-Angst Fanfic"

4. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    ^^^ Hear, hear....
    .....Quoth she, looking up from the latest chapter of her Obi angst story. :D

5. Elaine_of_Shalott

Elaine_of_Shalott Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2001
    I've had a thought. In light of AoTC it seems that Anakin and Owen don't dislike each other. In fact, I rather thought Owen liked and respected Anakin. So what if Obi-Wan fed Owen the same line he fed Luke (that Vader had killed Anakin)? What would Owen do if he found out that Obi-Wan had lied to him? Might he contact Vader and let him know about his son? Anyone, care to take on this AU idea?

P.S. If you know of a story along these lines please let me know.

6. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Thanks Arldetta :)

I so wish I had the time to tackle this one too, but it is something that I would definately like to read. Too bad your plate is so full :( You could really do it justice i'm sure :) Oh, the idea of pirate Obi-Wan [face_love] Scrumptious!

I see what you mean though, you've got your fingers in all kinds of pots :D How do you do it girl?!! I can't keep up with you. I'm being a bad lurker on two of your fics, sorry. You're doing great with them though, and i'm very behind on one of them. There's just never enough time these days :(

Keep this pirate bunny in mind for the future though maybe??? Let me know if you ever do it okay?? Keep up the excellent writing too :)

--Shan

7. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Shan - Wow, you are overly kind. [face_blush] I'm not sure if I could truely do it justice, but I would definately like a go at it! :) It's really calling me though. [face_worried] And now I'm debating if I should add it to my upcomings.

And I thank you for your generous comments. [face_blush] I have a habit of getting in over my head. I have always found that I work better under pressure. Go figure, huh? I guess that is why I dove right into the fanfic pool when it was drained for cleaning. *sigh*

And don't fret too much about lurking, I know I have become a bit more notorious for that myself lately. Haven't been posting too much, except for my one-post vignette today. And I know how rough it is getting back to work and getting back into the groove of things. I can't wait to see what else is up your sleeve too. ;)

Don't worry, this one is definately in the works for me, as long as no one else does it before I can get to it. :D cross your fingers. ;)

8. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Consider my fingers crossed :)

And though you may not see anything on the boards from me in awhile, fear not--I am working on something :D Family and work must come first however, but that is how it should be. I will continue to write though, even if it's only 15 minutes a day!

I will make an appearance on your thread though, once I get caught up :) Write on, girl.

--Shan

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Plot bunnies. :mad: I feel like I'm trying to appease them by putting them here. 8-}

Plot Bunny: What if Anakin Skywalker died? What would happen to the Chosen One prophecy? What if, if Anakin died, the prophecy was passed on to another to fulfill? (Obi-Wan, Padme - an OC. Could be anyone!)

There's another one, but I can't think of it right now. [face_sigh]

10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    **blows away the light coatin gof dust**

Well here's some of my rambling thoughts....

Another AU - After Obi decides to stay on Melida/Daan, what would have happened if Qui-Gon never came back to help him. Would Obi stay and deal with his misery? Or maybe have left eventually in search of a new life? Maybe even gone home for a while? I don't know the possibilities are endless. ;)

On a personal note, I would like to see moreObi solo missions. I have always felt that when Ani is accepted into the order, he has to undergo classroom training until he can 'officially' become a Padawan, which is his thiteenth birthday. So in between that time I doubt the Council let Obi take a three year sebatical in order to watch over Ani. So, Let's see some of those missions where Obi not only gets into trouble but actually manages to get out of trouble on his own. Well, that's my wish anyway. Let me know if you do write one though. I would very much like to read it.

Oh, and maybe soon, I will be posting that PB of yours Shan. At least, I will as soon as I finish one of my other stories. ;) :D

11. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    I've seen pieces of this promised plot bunny people. Trust me when I say when she starts posting it--YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!

If you are an Obi fan, you'll love it--I promise :D

Finish one of those fics already girl!!! Hehehehe, just kidding. I'll be here waiting patiently whenever you start posting it. Or not so patiently ;)

--Shan

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    ok...if any of you were thinking of doing my plot bunny "Return of the Jedi"...i decided to give it a whirl...so never mind...

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    You're too kind Shan. :D But I am almost done with few of them. Maybe not next wekk but once I get back from vacation I might start it up. :D I'll post the link here when I do. Oh and flattery will get you everywhere!! [face_laugh] LOL. :D

14. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    HEY ALL!! Told you I'd be back!!! :D

Alright...once again...brief warning...my bunnies are really out there...

Okiday...first order of buisness...

An AU...one that would make any reader want to just incinerate the council with a nuclear warhead just because they are acting so dumb.

Obi's Master is killed in a freak accident.

Because he is such a promising Padawan...another master quickly takes over his training.

Who this Master is could depend on how much you like/dislike Qui-Gon. If you don't like him...have the lunkhead die. If you're ok with him...maybe have him be the one who takes on Obi after his other Master dies.

Now...you could just leave it at that and desighn your own plot from there...buuuut here's my kicker...

What if...since Obi doesn't seem as upset as expected about his Master's death...and because he seems to be ajusting a little TOO qiuckly...dippo council gets the idea that just maybe...Obi's Master's death wasn't an accident. Maybe it was murder. And maybe Obi is the killer.

Obi and his new Master know that he is innocent...(or you could get really evil and make obi into a real murderer... [face_devil] ) but how can they prove his innocence? (or conseal his lack thereof? [face_devil] )

OH! And to REALLY make it even MORE juicy...you could have his new Master be on the council!

Hey I warned you all!

If I haven't scared ya too too bad I'll come back with more. :D

15. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmmm...maybe I did scare everyone away...

16. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    You didn't scare me away. :D

I'm enjoying caring for these baby plot-bunnies, whenever Shan is not around. ;) :D

17. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    ::comes out from behind a chair:: Is it safe to come out now?

18. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Of course, Felicia. I won't let anything bad happen to anyone. :D

And maybe it's all right to be scared at the moment, afterall, Halloween is just around the corner. :D

19. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Alright, I had another annoying PB. Not that I really find it wonderful, but I figured I would at least voice it.

Another AU. This time however, it's still Qui and Obi that go through TPM, only Obi is the Master and Qui is the Apprentice. It's up to whomever to either kill off one, both or none.

That's it. Not much to it, allowing for creative insight to whomever wants it. Have a good one.

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Tsk tsk, the ideal idea is already there.

With background info on Fett from AOTC, even how he actually looks like, produce a story with Fett as he is in the Bantam era. How old is he in the movie? Calculate what age he will be in your "present" timeline, late forties, early fifties, perhaps?

Make Fett interesting with what you now know.

Continue the legacy: he's training another apprentice in his bounty hunter ways. And since I did say "interesting", that new Fett legacy will of course be female.

Well, that's an idea for you.

21. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    UP!!!! We need to make sure people are aware of this wonderful thread!! :D

um, and in case you're interested, I started Shan's PB on FF.N. (title is Foresaken & Begotten) But will begin posting here on Nov. 5th, once I get back from vacation. Have a good one. :)

22. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    AAAGH! Dang I thought up this REEEEALY good bunny that I would have done but I can't because I have too many in progress already but I didn't write it down and so I forgot it!!! AAAAAAAAAAGH!!! I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!

23. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Thanks so much for keeping an eye on this thread Arldetta :)

I don't get here much anymore, but it's great to see so many good ideas and baby bunnies just waiting to be adopted.

I see my little pirate bunny has found a good home :) You were definately the right person for that little one Arldetta :D

Keep the wonderful ideas coming people! And check out Arldetta's wonderful fic if you get the chance.

--Shan

24. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

I can feel your pain. I can not tell you how many times I can come up with the perfect dialgue for the certain scene and then get to a computer and I'm blank. Should probably start carrying around a note pad.

Anyway I really want to see that "Not another Obi-Angst fic" done even if I have to write it myself but I would need some co-writers becasue I'm not too good a humor. So would anyone like to tackle this project with me?

Felicia Z.

25. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Okay, I was going to do this myself, but I felt that I don't have the time and am not sure if it's been done before, so here yah go:

What if the Sith had won the war against the Jedi all those years ago?

What I had planned to do with it was have all the PT characters still present only with Palpy as the Emperor of the Sith, and all the good guys are rebels. I had an idea for Padme to be the Emporer's daughter and then falling for Anakin, but I'm not sure if anyone else would want to throw that in.

Later --

-~Aanix~-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.